Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

How Download patches

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
snowee282

How Download patches Vide
PostSubject: How Download patches   How Download patches I_icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2011, 12:07 am

I have had to remove all Sims3 DVDs and reinstall a couple of times. Late Night just stop working. I'm working in Fast Lanes now but can't get it to update and I believe thats stopping me from being able to get into Late Night when I have reinstalled it.

What happens with the update is that it's telling me there is a update but when I hit the button to download the long box comes up on the left hand corner and says it's downloading but it never does. Is there a sims3 site that will let me download the patches and updates manually.
Thanks,
Back to top Go down
smac1975

Top Poster : How Download patches Topposter

PostSubject: Re: How Download patches   How Download patches I_icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2011, 12:12 am

Yes there is, check the following url:

http://www.patches-scrolls.de/sims3.php

There you can find the latest patches.

Be sure ti download the correct versions for your EP and SP. You can check the versions on the small icons on the S3 Launcher, down left corner. (Or in the instalation folders in the file skuversions.txt -- I think).

Hope it helps.
Back to top Go down
snowee282

PostSubject: Re: How Download patches   How Download patches I_icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2011, 4:12 pm

Thanks. The site gives me a Oops! I guess Sims is having maintenance problems. I'll keep trying though!!
Back to top Go down
smac1975

PostSubject: Re: How Download patches   How Download patches I_icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2011, 4:33 pm

Hmm... wait. Let me check.
Back to top Go down
smac1975

PostSubject: Re: How Download patches   How Download patches I_icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2011, 4:35 pm

The site is up, sometimes one of the mirror download links doesn't work. I updated all my S3 game, EP and SP from that site.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How Download patches   How Download patches I_icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2011, 8:21 pm

I had a similar problem a while back....I had a major crash and had to reinstall of my games and CC but when I put it all back I couldn't get the patch to update to allow me to play Late Night but luckily for me Eva pointed me in the right direction and it turned out to be my EA Download Manager needing updating first...I'm not sure wether this will solve your problem but it's worth a shot as it sorted mine out.....here's the link to the site so you can update EA Download Manager
Back to top Go down
smac1975

PostSubject: Re: How Download patches   How Download patches I_icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2011, 8:41 pm

I don't use EADM because it gives me a lot of errors... and I just couldn't update any of my games because of it, so I quit using it and went to other sources for the same updates. My personal choice of course.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Featured Artist : How Download patches Badge-1-1
Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: How Download patches   How Download patches I_icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2011, 10:34 pm

I usually have problems with the download manager as well and choose not to use it. However, I do have to use it for updates so I just reinstall it, update and then uninstall.

And Snow it shouldn't matter whether you have fast lane for late night to work since it's not required that you own it. It's just a stuff pack so usually with those it's not a detriment for the game.

Hope you get it worked out soon! I know you have had some trying experiences with the game.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How Download patches   How Download patches I_icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2011, 10:55 pm

I only use the EADM when I have to patch up the game and it wont work then I realise my EADM needs updating too....gah! All this updating and patching drives me crazy lol and it doesn't take much...I hope you do get your game sorted Snowee, I know how frustrating it gets when the thing won't work...I've been pm'ing tech help (aka Eva) alot as my game is running super slow and loading times are anywhere between 20 and 40 minutes badputer witsend
Back to top Go down
Simstatic
Simstatic

PostSubject: Re: How Download patches   How Download patches I_icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2011, 2:05 am

Hi Snowee, I use the Sims 3 Patch Downloader program (at MTS) to keep my game updated and it works like a charm.

You open the program and it shows you what patches you have and what patches you need (if any). You then select what you need and it downloads and installs automatically (or you can choose to just download and then install manually).

This is really a great little program. Here is the link:http://www.modthesims.info/d/409829
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: How Download patches   How Download patches I_icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2011, 2:13 am

Hi Simstatic!
Thanks for the input!! I may have to bookmark this for future reference!! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How Download patches   How Download patches I_icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2011, 5:42 am

Thanks for the info Simstatic I was actually wondering if there was another way to download the patches and this seems like a really great way....thanks for sharing x
Back to top Go down
Simstatic
Simstatic

PostSubject: Re: How Download patches   How Download patches I_icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2011, 7:08 am

Hi Cece and Q-Girl, you are most welcome. :D
Back to top Go down
snowee282

PostSubject: Re: How Download patches   How Download patches I_icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2011, 2:26 pm

The Sims3 demons are still working havoc on me when I try to download patches. I saw Comcast trucks on my street and in the area in trucks so it might be the signal or.... I've decided to leave Dell alone and call in The Geek Squad Techs that work with Gaming and hopfully they will give me some more help. I will be sure to show them the links that I have been given here.

Simstatic, I have book marked the site, Thanks :D
It'll probaby be a few days but I'll keep everyone posted on what happens after the Geeks take a stab at this.
Back to top Go down
smac1975

PostSubject: Re: How Download patches   How Download patches I_icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2011, 2:51 pm

But besides The Sims 3, all other aplications are working normally?
Back to top Go down
snowee282

PostSubject: Re: How Download patches   How Download patches I_icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2011, 12:24 am

I can play fast lanes just can't get those pesty patches and installing lots from the exchange. My laucher I believe is the problem. It keeps me to update which I can't do now. I got my external hard drive today and the crashes seem to have subside for the time being. Just moved my family in a new house.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: How Download patches   How Download patches I_icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2011, 1:24 am

Oh the launcher could def be it. It can't be your signal if you are able to get online with no problem. I'd try also...and I know you don't want to hear this, contacting EA again and telling them about your problem.

Maybe this time a little steam in your tone and remind them how much money you have spent on their product that is way past inefficient.

Hopefully the geek squad can do something for ya but I'd make sure that whomever you talk to has serious knowledge regarding the Sims. I had to contact them regarding a problem I had on Sims2 and since dude had NO clue about the game it was a dud.

Keep us posted and I will keep checking around periodically and see if anyone else has a similar problem...which I'm more than sure I will likely find!
Back to top Go down
Simstatic
Simstatic

PostSubject: Re: How Download patches   How Download patches I_icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2011, 1:41 am

Snowee, I can't download patches with the launcher either and I also can't download anything from the store. And this was all from one of the patches (not LN). I have done everything possible (followed all advice) on how to get the launcher (download manager actually) working but to no avail.

I eventually downloaded all my patches manually and then installed them one for one manually which also worked for me. Then I found the program that I gave the link for and it is just so much less work using it.

I don't know, it seems something was seriously messed up with one of the patches and I don't understand why some peoples work and some don't, but that is TS3 for you, full of bugs if you ask me.

Hope you come right.:)
Back to top Go down
smac1975

PostSubject: Re: How Download patches   How Download patches I_icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2011, 10:07 am

Snowee, are working with Windows or Macintosh?
Back to top Go down
snowee282

PostSubject: Re: How Download patches   How Download patches I_icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2011, 1:46 pm

Okkkkkkkkkk, finally was able to download. My Laucher had a 404 page error and the geek saying down for maintenance. i have spent the past couple of days getting to know the external drive and making a family in Bridgeport that I lost this morning :x I closed out last nite and fine this morning family was gone and the fatal error has occurred. I did everything I thought was right to get them back but...........

I save all my saved files to external drive but didn't help. I moved the saved file and the backup to the document and download files but that didn't work. Am I missing something. Bridgeports moods still the pits with my families , will drop into the orange and red and never come back up utill I quit and go back in, which means I have to save a lot to not keep repeating chores :x

My Sunset family is doing fine so far, I just want to find out what files to copy and move over to hopefully get them back if I do loose them Sad... I'm really enjoying them. I think I'm going to have to stay away from Bridgeport for now it's just not working for me even though I have lost a family in Sunset.

Any help would be appreciated please.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How Download patches   How Download patches I_icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2011, 4:19 pm

I think the best person I know of to give advice on this type of thing is EvaTer she knows all about saving/backing up your game files, sorry I couldn't be any help myself but I'm technically stupid lol and always seek out Eva...although CeCe, Miss Lochness or Evie might be able to help as all three of those wonderful gals know a lot more than I do....maybe even Sergio knows something.....I'm sure someone will help out asap!
Back to top Go down
smac1975

PostSubject: Re: How Download patches   How Download patches I_icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2011, 4:41 pm

Your families should be under (...)/*user*//My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Library... if you used default instalation folders.

About backups:

I use default instalation folders, and from time to time I back up into an external HD, the "Saves" and "SavedSims" folders. I have my Mods folder well organized just in case I have to do a clean install. That way all I have to do is copy/paste the Mods folder to the new install.

Since you keep losing your saves and families, I suggest you clean it all and reinstall everything from scrach. Use default instalation directories and organize your Mods folder by categories.

About the negative moods on Bridgeport, I had them too at the begining. I managed to get over it by getting some quick entertainment (raising the fun bar) with a TV. If the Fun bar is maxed out, you can get the sim to perform the things that can make him feel fulfilled... it takes time and patience :p

You can always cheat if you want of course.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How Download patches   How Download patches I_icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2011, 6:02 pm

Sir Sergio to the rescue ....I knew someone would come and help. I had a lot of problems with Bridgeport being really choppy and slow and just refusing to work and I've never had this problem before today so I have no idea what's happening. I thought it was being in an apartment so I moved my sim to a house and it's still really slow....hmmmm please don't let me have to reinstall everything for the second time in three days....I just might cry and lots sad
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Tech Support : How Download patches Os51eg
Leo

PostSubject: Re: How Download patches   How Download patches I_icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2011, 6:12 pm

OK, I think you've covered most of the area's, Sergio :D

Just put in some more info on the backup ;)
When it comes to the Sims 3 game, there are basically two parts installed on your computer / laptop. If you want to back them up or have a copy of them, you need to cover these two parts.

The installed game, with the EP's and SP's and when you use package-files & mods, those as well. These files can all be found here:
For 32-bit operating systems C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\
For 64-bit operating systems C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\

All your Sims, game play, installed content through the launcher, worlds and stuff is the "second part" of the game and is stored on a different location on your computer / laptop. All these items can be found here:
C:\Users\ "snowee282"\My Documents\Electronic Arts\

So in order to have a good backup, you need to backup or copy both these 'sections' to your external hard drive.
The backup of course is as "complete" as the the last backup you made. If you make a full backup and go on and play again for three hours and your game crashes, you will lose that three hours of play.
So in order to make a backup work, you have to do a backup regularly, maybe weekly or depending on how much you play, maybe every other day when you play a lot.

Last edited by EvaTer on January 28th 2011, 7:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How Download patches   How Download patches I_icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2011, 6:15 pm

See told you guys Eva would know how to help hiho Yay go Eva cheers
Back to top Go down
snowee282

PostSubject: Re: How Download patches   How Download patches I_icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2011, 7:05 pm

Eva, Sergio thanks. I see what you're talking about and I was into them today and not knowing what I was doing or how to apply. Now, I will sit and putter through this and hope get it. My family is in the library so I didn't loose them but everything else I couldn't find. Hopefully after doing given steps I will find them if not it will help if this happens to my Sunset family. So helpful.

Q-Girl I know the feeling. It's no fun uninstalling and reinstalling and loosing your families.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How Download patches   How Download patches I_icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2011, 8:22 pm

It really isn't and especially when you've had to do it once already so twice in three days is just exhausting....nevermind I will check the game tomorrow and if it's the same then I guess it's uninstall time for me....I hope your game starts behaving itslef soon Snowee hun x
Back to top Go down
smac1975

PostSubject: Re: How Download patches   How Download patches I_icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2011, 9:31 pm

Furthermore you may want to check the following thread if it suits your EP/SP games:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=423396

I also use a FPS limiter to 30fps since my grapichs card is much more powerful than the game really needs...

No Core mods (except the Visa Mod, and the CensorBlur removal mod).

I don't have a crash since I did my clean install (3 or 4 weeks ago). Everytime I install new CC, I run Delphy's Dashboard for conflicts etc... I avoid sims3pack files and save my game regularly with different names (I have about 50 saves at the moment).

My Bridgeport game is runing very stable with no problems at all. Loading times are ok.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: How Download patches   How Download patches I_icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2011, 12:44 am

I'm glad you are getting somewhere Snowee!! I know it's so frustrating when we can't get our games to behave. Sims is the ONLY game I've every played that has caused so much grief to play at times!

I'm a member of 'Big Fish' games and I've been with them for YEARS and can count on one hand the number of problems I've encountered playing any of their games. And...whenever I've had a problem they quickly either fix it or reimburse me for the game and always toss in a couple of coupons!! Now THAT is customer service!!

On Bridgeport..the only things that I have a problem with are:

Downtown apartments are skippy and laggy and that is mucho aggravating!

It takes FOREVER to get to the club, to get drinks, maybe dance and before you know it the club is closing!! They get home much quicker than they get to the actual place!

Playing in the 'suburbs' section of Bridgeport is fine, much like playing Sunset so I can't complain there, although still getting to the club is still a pain. Sometimes they spend unneeded time just mingling outside of the club, take forever to get on the elevator and of course the time it takes to be served drinks....

I truly miss Sunset some times and am tempted to move my families back there. Right now I don't get a lot of game play but it's a thought!

And I'm not saying this because I run this site, but this has to be the best place to come to for help that I've ever encountered!!! The people here are always so eager to help and polite!! I'm so proud of the members here!! ❤
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How Download patches   How Download patches I_icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2011, 5:12 am

Yeah I'm with you on this one CeCe, the apartments are terrible and last night I was using Murano's mirrored flooring and the apartment lagging/skipping problem was unbearable it took 10 minutes for my sim to leave the apartment elevator and walk to her front door...at first I thought it was just Bridgeport being a moose as usual but everywhere else she went was speeded up so I moved her into a new apartment and lo an behold she sped up...not much granted but still it was an improvement so I guess the flooring is coming out of the game today which I'm not happy about because I loved that flooring.

I always think about moving my simmies back to Sunset Valley or Twinbrook because at least the game was playable then. Well I'm off to test out the new store content fingers crossed it works lol but I'm still torn about relocating my sims to another town...I wonder if they'll still have the lagging problem if I moved all the Bridgeport stuff into another town....hmmm something to think about me thinks.
Back to top Go down
snowee282

PostSubject: Re: How Download patches   How Download patches I_icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2011, 4:40 pm

Finally got through to EA. Really got a nice CS that helped me trendously. Hopefully I will not have anymore crashes but I'm holding my breath on that one. Started getting error 15 and 16 and we worked on that but they still are happening but as long as I can save I'm ok. My son says he has gotten it forever and his game is ok. Looks like he can get a family and keep forever and me...........Hopefully I have the crash problem fixed for now.

I found my last family from Bridgeport that I lost last week and put them into Twinbrook so will see how this works out for me.
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Tech Support : How Download patches Os51eg
Leo

PostSubject: Re: How Download patches   How Download patches I_icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2011, 5:33 pm

Good to hear things are getting sorted and slowly but surely your game is running better !! cheers
Back to top Go down

How Download patches

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Welcome :: Tech & Game Support-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com