Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

Game will not save

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Top Poster : Game will not save Topposter
Featured Artist : Game will not save Badge-1-1
Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

Game will not save Vide
PostSubject: Game will not save   Game will not save I_icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2011, 12:38 am

So most of you know I've been working on a lot...the lot itself is complete, but I can't get it furnished because my game won't save the furnishings! I've decorated the living now 4 times, and the bedroom twice, and the bathroom, two of them, once each!

I'm smelling a uninstall/reinstall and it doesn't smell nice! It's been doing this since shortly after I patched my stupid game and I'm am so NOT in the mood to do this again.

This will back my 4th time since owning this game I've had to do this!!

Has anyone else heard of this happening to anyone else since the patch?

Crap!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Game will not save Vide
PostSubject: Re: Game will not save   Game will not save I_icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2011, 6:37 am

Oh no CeCe I'm so sorry you're still having problems with your lots...I actually haven't tried building any but at some point today I'll go try it out and let you know if I have any problems....I don't think Brian is having any though.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Game will not save Vide
PostSubject: Re: Game will not save   Game will not save I_icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2011, 6:49 am

my doors keep disappearing from my houses even though they are ea store doors, i didnt realise until i sent my simmie to the bathroom and they ended up doing the stamping thing and i had been playing for about half an hour lol, and this has just been from the last patch Sad...
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Tech Support : Game will not save Os51eg
Leo

Game will not save Vide
PostSubject: Re: Game will not save   Game will not save I_icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2011, 8:08 am

Hmm... that's odd !! Shocked I haven't come across these problems myself, but it doesn't sound good !! I'll try to find some answers (hopefully) !
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Game will not save Vide
PostSubject: Re: Game will not save   Game will not save I_icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2011, 9:02 am

hi cece. it mite help just by uninstalling the last and reintsalling it. do you have a external harddrive. if so save all of the sims folders on it. so when you uninstall the last game i would delete all of the old saved folders. by reinstalling the last game the folders will rebuild themselfs. once you have reinstalled it. copy all of the info from the folders on the harddrive in to the new ones

when ever i have stuff going on with my game thats what i do. hope this helps:) :)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Game will not save Vide
PostSubject: Re: Game will not save   Game will not save I_icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2011, 9:52 am

LOL Sorry Angie but that was too funny I can just imagine it now
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

Game will not save Vide
PostSubject: Re: Game will not save   Game will not save I_icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2011, 9:48 pm

Wow! Thanks all for your support! I was so frustrated yesterday when I went in game and saw once again the darn house was butt nekked.

Brian you kind of lost me on describing this style of uninstall, could you map it out a little clearer as it sounds not so massive as a complete uninstall?

Once again...huggles to my Cstyles Family!! You guys are just the best! I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy inside now! hiho

*that could be so misinterpreted! Shocked laughing
Back to top Go down
snowee282

Game will not save Vide
PostSubject: Re: Game will not save   Game will not save I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2011, 3:43 am

My game has a sheet that keeps coming over my game. Sometimes half my screen is blocked off in black. EA says it's my video card but it just started and I believe it's another glitch Sad... Called Dell and they updated my drivers and said the game should be supported by the Vcard. Tried to tell me it does't run on windows 7 just XP!!!! Worst CService.
Back to top Go down
ninjahawkz
ninjahawkz

Taurus

Game will not save Vide
PostSubject: Re: Game will not save   Game will not save I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2011, 7:37 am

wait cc, is there any cc [lol] on the lot? :eek:
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

Game will not save Vide
PostSubject: Re: Game will not save   Game will not save I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2011, 7:42 pm

@Ninja Suspect back at ya! Lol!! Yep I have cc on the lot. I'm doing the uninstall right now as I type this. I have my game information uploading to my external hard drive and when that' s complete I will go in and strip the game from my comp!

Ugh...So very tired of this!!

@Snowee...who are you telling?! I don't even bother with EA customer service anymore. They know just about as much about the game as a one eyed dried up booger!! Good thinking on calling Dell. Is everything working properly now...?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Game will not save Vide
PostSubject: Re: Game will not save   Game will not save I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2011, 8:30 pm

@ cece did you get it sorted or do you need me to map it out a bit clearer ??? let me know hun. :) :)
Back to top Go down
ninjahawkz
ninjahawkz

Taurus

Game will not save Vide
PostSubject: Re: Game will not save   Game will not save I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2011, 8:51 pm

i thougt maybe there was corrupt cc on the lot causing the issue affraid
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

Game will not save Vide
PostSubject: Re: Game will not save   Game will not save I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2011, 10:35 pm

BrianD72 wrote:
@ cece did you get it sorted or do you need me to map it out a bit clearer ??? let me know hun. Smile Smile

No Brian I never got it figured out, I'm going to do a complete uninstall later tonight. I have already saved everything on my external hard drive, I'm just a little sad about having to do this AGAIN. Not looking forward to it, but I really want to get back in game to finish up my house and I really really really need to get some sims up.

@Ninja...I don't know...I'm very cautious now when I download cc...but I could have possibly got something bad and just overlooked it.

I've never owned a game before that I have to do so much to just keep it up and running!! I heard they are already working on a new ep pack...and they have announced Siims4 coming...they never fixed Sims3 and they are talking of the next level?!? Suspect I has a feeling they are not going to fix it.... Suspect
Back to top Go down
ninjahawkz
ninjahawkz

Taurus

Game will not save Vide
PostSubject: Re: Game will not save   Game will not save I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2011, 11:00 pm

check that hourse's cc cc LOL Suspect

houses ^
Back to top Go down
snowee282

Game will not save Vide
PostSubject: Re: Game will not save   Game will not save I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2011, 11:02 pm

NOTHING is working now!!!!!!!!! My houses have disappeared and the people are standing in the lots waving their hands and stomping (UMMMM guess I would too). My family is still there but the homes and businesses are hit and miss. The film is still coming over the screen and blocking. Maybe I should just uninstall like you cece and start over. This has made me pull out my 4 letter sailor dictionary and use.

The laucher was down and a message was sent so they have to know something is wrong. I just hate to have to uninstall again this is out right DUH!!!!!!!!!!

Cece you said you are going to use your external drive, how do I go about doing that if you don't mind explaining ABC form. Thanks,
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

Game will not save Vide
PostSubject: Re: Game will not save   Game will not save I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2011, 12:37 am

Ah oh noes!!! Snowee how horrible!!

Ok...I'm going to do my besties but I'm horrible on explaining in ABC form. I tend to write full page directions in a foreign language!! Here goes...

Plug your external hard drive into your computer

Click on the 'my computer' icon

This will take you to where basic information is stored, you should see either a C, D, E, F drive depending on how many you have used. My external is showing up in the F drive

As long as it's visible it doesn't matter what drive it's in

Click the hard drive link

Any/All information you have already installed should pop up on your screen now

Head back to your computer screen and pull up your EA files (you can minimize this for now if you like or just keep it up)

Click and open up your EA files and scroll either down to each category you want to save or just save the entire game.

*with your problems I'd just save per category instead of the entire game*

I saved my 'saves' and 'savedsims' 'exports' 'packages' 'mods' 'screenshots'...each one I saved separately.

Now there are 2 ways you can do this...either you can save these files to desktop by just pulling them out and placing them on your desktop or

save each file to desktop and then just click each file icon and move it over to your external hard drive...which is open on your desktop

*basically you can copy/paste each file to your external if you find that easier or quicker*

To move mine, it's basically just right clicking and throwing them over to the external

It should show each file as it's being transported to your external drive.

Before you delete the files you have placed on your desktop and begin the uninstall.....check the files in your hard drive to make sure they all moved over completely.

Once you have placed all of your files in your external...checked them...then just click the icon on your bottom bar of your computer and 'safely remove your hardware'

I hope I broke that down fairly ABC'ish...if you need anymore help just scream at meh!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Game will not save Vide
PostSubject: Re: Game will not save   Game will not save I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2011, 5:13 am

hi cece. what i was saying to do with the uninstall of the last game and saving the folder on you externall hard drive. was the same thing you just told snowee how to do. lol :) :)
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

Game will not save Vide
PostSubject: Re: Game will not save   Game will not save I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2011, 5:24 am

BrianD72 wrote:
hi cece. what i was saying to do with the uninstall of the last game and saving the folder on you externall hard drive. was the same thing you just told snowee how to do. lol Smile Smile

Oh...I thought it was something different! Lol!! Well I guess no new learning skills for me today huh!! Shocked hiho
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Game will not save Vide
PostSubject: Re: Game will not save   Game will not save I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2011, 5:27 am

lol. can you not sleep. it must be about 3 am there ???? :)
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

Game will not save Vide
PostSubject: Re: Game will not save   Game will not save I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2011, 5:29 am

BrianD72 wrote:
lol. can you not sleep. it must be about 3 am there ???? :)

4:28am to be exact...yeah....I suffer from severe insomnia...and I took a sleeping pill!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Game will not save Vide
PostSubject: Re: Game will not save   Game will not save I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2011, 5:34 am

you should go jogging or something to tire yourself out. lol :) well it's 9:43am here. and this is getting up early for me o have now probs sleeping. lol :)
Back to top Go down
snowee282

Game will not save Vide
PostSubject: Re: Game will not save   Game will not save I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2011, 6:53 am

Oh wow Cece! Thanks a bunch, it is crystal clear. I'll let you know how it comes out.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

Game will not save Vide
PostSubject: Re: Game will not save   Game will not save I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2011, 9:26 pm

Please do Snowee...and I hope all goes well for ya hun!! And Brian...jogging would just wake me up more...adrenaline remember. hiho

There are SOME ways to tire me out...but being single presently...well.... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Game will not save Vide
PostSubject: Re: Game will not save   Game will not save I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2011, 8:20 am

cecesaun1 wrote:
Please do Snowee...and I hope all goes well for ya hun!! And Brian...jogging would just wake me up more...adrenaline remember. hiho

There are SOME ways to tire me out...but being single presently...well.... Embarassed

well cece then you know what you need to do. just youself out to the club and bars there are plenty of guys out there. i can help you with sims stuff but i can't find you a man. sorry Sad...
Back to top Go down
snowee282

Game will not save Vide
PostSubject: Re: Game will not save   Game will not save I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2011, 5:12 pm

Done!!!!!!!!! Everything is in place and working now. I've been playing for the past day to see if everything is glitch free, so far so good My old family even came back with the new reinstall but with the glitch so I had to start over with them. This time I put them in Bridgeport ( 2 fams lost in Sunset is enought) in the little house until I can build the Big House to make them really happy with everything. My son bought me the Outdoor Living today so I'll check it out later. Thanks againg Cece for the help.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Game will not save Vide
PostSubject: Re: Game will not save   Game will not save I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2011, 8:07 pm

Yay glad its all working snowee hiho
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

Game will not save Vide
PostSubject: Re: Game will not save   Game will not save I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2011, 8:20 pm

@Brian...I am NOT going to no bar or club to pick up dudes dude! I wantz no STD's or strangers creeping into my bed or meh!! Suspect laughing

@Snowee...Yayz!!! So very glad you got it worked out!!! Aren't son's just the best!! My son hooks me up on occasion with the game and ep's, I don't like stuff packs so he is free and clear of that chore!! I loves him to bits!! ❤

I'm sorry you lost families...I thought I had lost ALL of my sims!! But luckily I found I just had mislabeled and folder! shame

My game is up and running, but I haven't tested a save yet on a lot because I have not put a 'old' save back in game yet. I just did enough to test the reinstall!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Game will not save Vide
PostSubject: Re: Game will not save   Game will not save I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2011, 8:42 pm

@ cece as for strangers. they all start of as strangers before you get to know them. lol :) :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Game will not save Vide
PostSubject: Re: Game will not save   Game will not save I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game will not save

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Welcome :: Tech & Game Support-
Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com