Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Top Poster : Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" Topposter
Featured Artist : Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" Badge-1-1
Tech Support : Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" Os51eg
Leo

Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" Vide
PostSubject: Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen"   Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2011, 4:12 pm

"Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen"

OK guys, it's time for the second challenge in the From A to ... Beauty Contest !!

You're all probably wondering what all this "Bla Bla" in the title means.
Well you may have guessed it's some kind of Dutch and yep you're right, it is !! Smile

It means: "Double Dutch, it's time for flowers & wooden shoes" Big smile

The second assignment is all about creating a Dutch sim !!

And that's not all, we want you to create:

* A NEW sim for this assignment
* The sim has to be female (Sergio !!)
* The sim has to be Dutch, so Dutch facial features (Ninja !!)
* You have to dress up the sim in traditional Dutch folk costume

You CAN create an interesting background for your entry, especially if this is going to help with your portrayal.
THIS NEEDS TO ALL BE DONE IN GAME. NO editing and no photoshopping allowed !!

This challenge will also require 3 photos to be submitted:

- A CAS Shot
- In Game Head Shot (Close Up)
- In Game Body Shot

Impossible you say ??
Miss L has created a Dutch simmeh dressed up in Dutch folk costume, using almost entirely base game / ambitions & WA content.
Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" Seccha10
Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" Seccha12
Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" Seccha13

This does mean you have to do a little 'homework' before you can start creating your Dutch simmeh.
Besides the wonderful pics provided by Miss L, I'll put in some links which might come in handy.
There's definitely more information available on Dutch folk costume, but this is just to help you get started.
http://www.octulipfestival.com/provinces.htm
http://www.pbase.com/gervan/klederdrachten
http://www.tuliptime.com/dutch-costumes-0

You have until Friday, 11th of March @ 2355 hours (11:55pm) PST (here) to submit your entry!

Good luck guys!

(Remember if you encounter any problems with submitting on time, contact either Miss L or myself via PM)
(For questions about the assignment, please post your question in this thread below and either Miss L or myself will answer as soon as possible)

Again, there is NO elimination this round. Don't slack off though! Got our eyes on you! Whacky

Do NOT post your pictures in this thread! Please post your submissions HERE
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen"   Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2011, 4:21 pm

Great challenge idea Eva and Miss L and awesome piccie...this is gonna be cool to see what everyone comes up with
Back to top Go down
smac1975

Top Poster : Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" Topposter

PostSubject: Re: Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen"   Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2011, 4:39 pm

hmmm is there a wikipedia link about dutchland?

totally unexpected challenge... dutch women look like that? :D
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Featured Artist : Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" Badge-1-1
Tech Support : Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" Os51eg
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen"   Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2011, 4:54 pm

There might be a Wikipedia link about Dutchland, Sergio ;) But the Netherlands or Holland will probably work better !
And checkout the links and see if Dutch women look like the beauty Miss L provided !! Smile

Expect more unexpected challenges, Sergio !! Hehehe :510:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen"   Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2011, 5:59 pm

wow nice challenge definately gotta get the old coggles of the brain going for this one i think....... thump
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen"   Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2011, 8:01 pm

Wow can't wait to lurk the entries out on this! And yes Sergio, there are some lovely Dutch women, blond hair, blue eyes, very attractive!

Good luck all!!
Back to top Go down
jaddie98
jaddie98

Capricorn

PostSubject: Re: Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen"   Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2011, 12:57 am

Can I use the dress from the Oktoberfest Celebration set? (from the store)
Back to top Go down
miss_lochness
VIP Member
miss_lochness

Pisces
Comments : One word...BAZINGA!

PostSubject: Re: Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen"   Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2011, 1:43 am

Jaddie you can use whatever you think will help you complete this challenge.

Good luck everyone! It is possible to do this, I used entirely base game/ambitions/world adventures content and I managed to make something that resembles a Dutch folk costume. Check out the links and trust me, you will FIND something you can use.

Good luck!! Smile
Back to top Go down
jojo777
jojo777

PostSubject: Re: Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen"   Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2011, 2:32 am

jaddie98 wrote:
Can I use the dress from the Oktoberfest Celebration set? (from the store)

Darn, I wanted to use that dress, haha!
Back to top Go down
miss_lochness
VIP Member
miss_lochness

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen"   Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2011, 2:40 am

LMAO!!! Remember there is stuff in game as well and you just need to use patterns and such.
Back to top Go down
jojo777
jojo777

PostSubject: Re: Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen"   Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2011, 2:42 am

miss_lochness wrote:
LMAO!!! Remember there is stuff in game as well and you just need to use patterns and such.

Yeah, I'll just have to get creative, especially since I don't use cc. That dress was just the absolute first thing that popped into my mind! But I'm excited for the challenge of making something else Smile
Back to top Go down
jaddie98
jaddie98

Capricorn

PostSubject: Re: Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen"   Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2011, 8:04 am

I made a pattern for this assignment just now, and then I realized I wouldn't need it. Anyways, what do you guys think? Smile
Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" Z5m5k
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen"   Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2011, 8:14 am

Aaah thats a cute pattern Jaddie I like the flowers on it...awesome job hun x
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen"   Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2011, 8:30 am

I love the "bloemen" pattern Jaddie, love the "fresh" color combination !! hand dance
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen"   Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2011, 8:47 am

love the pattern jaddie...very colorful... Happy 02
Back to top Go down
JKAmaryllis
JKAmaryllis

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen"   Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2011, 9:58 am

Seen it Smile Smile Going to have to do a bit of research :D
Back to top Go down
ninjahawkz
ninjahawkz

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen"   Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2011, 10:22 am

watch out *NEW* im a bit confused on this one

what exactly are dutch facial features

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen"   Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2011, 11:55 am

I think they mean the typical blonde hair and blue eyes and pale skin
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen"   Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2011, 3:53 pm

Ninja checkout the links and look up the Dutch stuff, I think you can figure out what "basic" Dutch features are. Maybe something like Q's suggesting ;)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen"   Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2011, 4:59 pm

Google is a competitors best friend! Especially Google Images
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen"   Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2011, 6:07 pm

Google images was the first place I went to and then found a notebook and made some notes on what to look for, I need to buy a printer so I dont have to keep going back and looking at the picture. lol. It would make my life and comps alot easier. lol
Back to top Go down
jaddie98
jaddie98

Capricorn

PostSubject: Re: Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen"   Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2011, 10:59 pm

Kind of late, but thank you to everyone about my pattern! Smile Is it okay if the bodyshot is from knee-up?
Back to top Go down
miss_lochness
VIP Member
miss_lochness

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen"   Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" I_icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2011, 1:51 am

Q-Girl wrote:

BAZINGA! There is perhaps your answer Ninja Razz

Jaddie that pattern is lovely and definitly fits the theme. If you provide us with a full length CAS shot, then you in game body shot can be from knee up if you choose.
Back to top Go down
Pistolkitten
VIP Member
Pistolkitten

Libra
Comments : Genetically modified for extra flavor

PostSubject: Re: Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen"   Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" I_icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2011, 8:47 pm

Q-Girl wrote:

Plus the larger less defined noses and beautiful big eyes

You could also go the dimples route hehe
Back to top Go down
miss_lochness
VIP Member
miss_lochness

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen"   Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" I_icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2011, 10:43 pm

Ahhhh... there is another idea! Big smile
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen"   Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" I_icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2011, 5:57 pm

Ninja & Sergio, don't forget the deadline for the 2nd assignment is Friday 11.55 PM Los Angeles time !! Just under two days to go !! ;)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen"   Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" I_icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2011, 6:15 pm

Miss LLLLLll!!!!! LOL sorry just havent seen ma Miss L for soooo long...anywho cant wait to see the final enteries and also see what the next assignment is I know Eva and Miss L will have something awesome up their sleeves!
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen"   Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" I_icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2011, 6:59 pm

I cant wait to see what the next challenge is eeeeep happy *NEW*
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen"   Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" I_icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2011, 7:01 pm

snap I'm all excited whenever Eva and Miss L come up with things
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen"   Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Second Challenge: "Double Dutch, tijd voor bloemen & klompen"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Contests :: View 'Closed' Contest Pictures :: Closed Contests (pictures still available) :: From A to ... Beauty Contest-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com