Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Evie
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Evie

Top Poster : Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! Topposter
Featured Artist : Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! Badge-1-1
Sagittarius

Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! Vide
PostSubject: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 12:40 am

MOST TEXT COPIED FROM THE ORIGINAL COMPETITION BY REXY AND JILLIE ON THE SIMS 3 FORUM HERE. ALL CREDIT GOES TO THEM FOR SUCH A WONDERFUL COMPETITION IDEA!

"Before fearing the dreadful word 'edit' please keep in mind this is a wonderful way to improve your editing skills, learn, and just have fun!"

Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! Shop_m10

Hiii pretty (and hunky, if you’re of the male-type) simmies! This thread that you’ve wandered your way into is affiliate to the ‘Shop Me Stunning competition'. It completely steps out of the framework of the everyday, run-of-the-mill modeling competition, and steps into the realm of the awesome.

I’m sure you have a few questions:

Sooo...give me the deets! (Okay, not a question at all…)

Below I’ve posted two completely raw in-game screenshots of the same sim, one with hair and one without. What I want from YOU is to edit one of them (or 2-3 of each if you wish), your choice based off of whether or not you’re comfortable with hair drawing. Change what you wish: Shade/smooth the skin, draw on makeup, edit the eyes, edit the lighting, and ANYTHING else you can think of!

What in blazes is up with that name?

To ‘shop something is short for Photoshopping something. Simmies say “Photoshop me to the point that I am a stunning and conceited inhabitant of this Earth!!”, or for short, “’Shop Me Stunning.” Of course, ANY editing program is more than welcome; it was just a clever title.

Do I have to sign up in any way?

No you don’t! You don’t even have to post here telling me you’re editing one of the screenies if you don’t want to, you can just post it when it’s finished.

How do you win?

After one week since the screenies were posted, the lovely cece will pick her favorite from one category and I’ll pick my favorite from the other, and those two editors will be the winners! Their pictures will go permanently into this thread under the “Winning Edits” bar!! (possibility of poll voting to determine the winner)

Will you be giving us themes?

Sometimes, yes, but I’ll be throwing a fair amount of “free edits” into the mix for you guys to just go cah-razy on!

Are you limiting the number of people that can enter each round?

Nope! Whoever gets their edit in within the two weeks the screenshots are up is in the running for a win!

Can I come back for as many rounds as I want?

You bet! Edit screenies to your heart’s content.

Are the screenshots all going to be from your game?

No ma’am slash sir! We’ll be having guest contributors for screenshots for some of the sets.

Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! The_ru10

★Quite obviously, no negative comments toward other people’s work, your own work, or the judge’s picks at the end of the two week period.
★No use of text on the edit, unless the theme specifically asks for it.
★You can submit an entry for both categories if you'd like.
★You can redo your entry as many times as you'd like before the deadline, as long as there's no apparent copying of other people's entries.
★This is meant to be a fun, laid-back, no-strings-attached competition. Have a blast with it!

Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! The_ju10

Evie Cece

Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! The_sc10

Hair Editing ------ Non-Hair Editing
Coming Soon...
(Click the thumbnails to open full size image and save)

Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! Winnin10

Round 1: (Click the names of the winners to view the winning edits)
Cece's Pick: SweetBaby
Cece's Runner Up: Q Girl
Evie's Pick: DollieForeverxoxo
Evie's Runner Up: SweetBaby

(Click the images to view full scale)

Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! The_en10

Resources: Jillie's Hair Drawing Tutorial | amazing1239's Hair Drawing Tutorial (Thanks Q!) | Harry's Hair Drawing Tutorial (Thanks Q!) | Izzy's Make Up Drawing Tutorial (Thanks Q!)

Brushes: (I know they say photoshop, but they work in gimp, these are all what I use in my gimp)
Hair Brushes 1 | Hair Brushes 2 | Hair Brushes 3 | Hair Brushes 4 | Eye Lashes 1 | Eye Lashes 2 | Eye Lashes 3 | Eye Lashes 4 | Eye Lashes 5 | Lip Gloss | Skin 1 | Skin 2 | Skin 3

Last edited by Evie on April 28th 2011, 2:40 pm; edited 17 times in total
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 1:24 am

Ohh...can't wait for this to get started!!!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 3:42 am

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep yay evie awesome hiho hiho
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

Comments : Lost in simming land, please leave a message after the tone ...

PostSubject: Re: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 5:00 am

This looks like a great idea Evie I'm sure it'll get lots of lovely entries
Back to top Go down
Evie
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Evie

Sagittarius

PostSubject: Re: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 10:42 am

Thanks guys! I can't wait for people to start editing! Razz
I've added a list of resources at the very bottom of the post, just a few brushes and Jillie's hair tutorial. Smile Hopefully someone will get brave enough to give it a go!
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

PostSubject: Re: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 10:55 am

I did give it a go LOL it's not great but hey ho here's my edit.....

Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! EviesSimsEdit

I softened her eyebrows, added feint lipgloss, a softglow to her skin, drew the hair and brightened her eyes up
Back to top Go down
Evie
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Evie

Sagittarius

PostSubject: Re: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 10:57 am

what do you mean it's not great!?
That's stunning Q, applaud
Very beautiful. :D :D :D
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

PostSubject: Re: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 11:00 am

Thanks Evie I'm really glad you like it and the fact you think it's good means alot because you're like queen of edits to me...I always love your pics!
Back to top Go down
Evie
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Evie

Sagittarius

PostSubject: Re: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 11:02 am

Oh goodness! Queen of edits! I don't think I've ever been queen of anything

You're too sweet Razz
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

PostSubject: Re: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 11:05 am

I was really nervous about putting up this piccie because I didnt want to ruin the sim she's so pretty lol but it turned out ok....thank god for the graphics tablet! It makes things so much easier
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 11:39 am

lucky you Q us peeps without a tablet will have to try twice as hard, nice pic Big smile Big smile
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

PostSubject: Re: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 11:42 am

Thanks Angie...well I got a tablet because I couldn't hold the mouse properly and put enough pressure on it with my wrist but also because I'm the most unartistic person in the world and drawing with a pen made it so much easier...plus following Pringles hair tutorial helped ALOT!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 11:46 am

i'm gonna have a look at these tuts now see if i can pick up some tricks so i dont do another mrs mop head Big smile Big smile
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

PostSubject: Re: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 11:48 am

You should have seen my first go it was horrific...and the best tutorial for beginners (well it was for me anyway) is Pringles and it's real easy to follow...good luck!
Back to top Go down
Evie
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Evie

Sagittarius

PostSubject: Re: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 11:54 am

Well, I can't enter because I'm the host, but no one said I can't edit anyway! So this is NOT an entry, I'm just sharing what I did. Smile I hope you like :D :D :D

Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! Girl10
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

PostSubject: Re: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 11:58 am

It's gorgeous Evie...uber drat I didn't think about editing the background lol I love her hair it looks gorgeous...awesome awesome edit as always Evie
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 12:14 pm

so we are allowed to do the background too then ?? I have an awesome idea for one lol now if i can do the hair to match................. Big smile
Back to top Go down
Evie
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Evie

Sagittarius

PostSubject: Re: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 12:23 pm

yep! you can do the background too Smile

I'm glad you like it q! Smile
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

PostSubject: Re: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 12:27 pm

I love it Evie and me an my noodle brain not thinking about the background grrr haha oh well at least the focus will be on my sim (unfortunately lol) I need some more bald sim shots (now there's a request you didnt think you'd hear) I need to practise lots lol
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 1:25 pm

I like it noodle brain, hehe. I wouldnt even know where to begin on drawing hair, lol it would probably end up looking like something off a playdough mopshop! shame
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

PostSubject: Re: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 1:31 pm

hahaha playdough mopshop I love those! I always wanted one
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 2:01 pm

so i had another go, NOT MY ENTRY lol, just playing with it just now will tweak some more before putting in my final one
Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! Frosty1
Back to top Go down
Evie
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Evie

Sagittarius

PostSubject: Re: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 2:34 pm

Shocked That looks amazing angie!!!! She's such a beautiful ice princess Razz Great, great, great photo. :D :D :D
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 2:42 pm

Im lovin the piccie hun your ice princess is awesomes hun, and the hair is lookin pretty darn awesomes too! ;)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 2:44 pm

awwww thanks evie, she is a very pretty simmmie, i used the brushes you put on, they are fab brushes hiho hiho
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 2:45 pm

broomie you should give it a go hun i would love to see what you come up with hiho hiho
Back to top Go down
Evie
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Evie

Sagittarius

PostSubject: Re: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 2:46 pm

I don't know if you guys know, but you can submit more than one if you wish, you can submit up to 3 images in both the non-hair editing category and hair editing category Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 2:49 pm

i do now lol...........thanks evie hiho hiho
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 7:16 pm

Ooooh more piccies broomie really cant wait to see them (hinty hint hint) lol hiho happy *NEW*
Back to top Go down
dollieforeverxoxo
dollieforeverxoxo

PostSubject: Re: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 9:59 pm

Oh oh oh...I tried
Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! 5635933719_9d0018cd84_z
I did the skin,played with the lips,the hair,and the background ~
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 10:00 pm

*note to self---stay away from this thread as it shows how illiterate I am in photo editing of any and every kind...signed: Queen of the no edit skills... shame
Back to top Go down
Evie
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Evie

Sagittarius

PostSubject: Re: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 11:25 pm

oh wow dollie! That pic is just stunning!
Back to top Go down
dollieforeverxoxo
dollieforeverxoxo

PostSubject: Re: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 11:31 pm

I edited again ^^
Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! 5636622304_3b88db04ba_z
Back to top Go down
Evie
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Evie

Sagittarius

PostSubject: Re: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 11:33 pm

Oh wow! That one is even better than the last! Just perfect. (That background fits perfectly!)
Back to top Go down
dollieforeverxoxo
dollieforeverxoxo

PostSubject: Re: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 11:34 pm

Thanks aha :D
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitimeApril 20th 2011, 3:59 am

wow those pics are stunning....hi dollie and welcome to cstyles..more seriously good talent for cstyles ...... hiho hiho
Back to top Go down
Evie
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Evie

Sagittarius

PostSubject: Re: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitimeApril 20th 2011, 11:05 am

I love the new siggy and avi Angie!
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

PostSubject: Re: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitimeApril 20th 2011, 11:33 am

Evie me wuvs ya I just read we can submit a new piccie oh and Dollie thats an awesome edit!
Back to top Go down
miss_lochness
VIP Member
miss_lochness

Pisces
Comments : One word...BAZINGA!

PostSubject: Re: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitimeApril 20th 2011, 12:10 pm

Ok I suck a big huge one at this but hey I tried Big smile

Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! Scree377

Tried to put a fancy background but failed. So I just put love hearts instead Big smile
I added in some awful hair, some eyelashes, made her glow and made her lips a bit more pink.
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

PostSubject: Re: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitimeApril 20th 2011, 12:16 pm

I think it looks utterly faboo Miss L....I loves it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!   Shop me Stunning Cstyles!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shop me Stunning Cstyles!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Creative Corner :: Creative Challenges-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com