Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

Language in the Message Box.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Evie
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Evie

Top Poster : Language in the Message Box. - Page 2 Topposter
Featured Artist : Language in the Message Box. - Page 2 Badge-1-1
Sagittarius

Language in the Message Box. - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 2:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hey guys, the last couple days we've had some pretty vulgar language going on in the message box. Remember, our members and visitors range from children to adults, and we need to keep that in mind when posting in the forum or in the message boxes. Please keep it PG 13 until we can get elite up and running.

Thanks for understanding :D
-Evie-
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Q Girl
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 6:01 pm

Hahahahaha Broomie gots the posting bug baaaadddd
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 6:04 pm

facepalm
Back to top Go down
stevielee88
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 6:15 pm

the headslap simie hehehe. evie was saying their should be on of those the other day
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 6:22 pm

There def. should be one of those there lol
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 6:24 pm

hehehehe broomie always needs one of them every so often
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 6:27 pm

facepalm moment
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 6:42 pm

shame
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 5:31 am

Q Girl wrote:
Evie I agree but where people are concerned there will always be emotions and when one thing leads to another something that started out so simple can become a huge angry old mess with lots of naughty words and such...I dont think that will ever change it's human nature to be defensive or bitchy call it what you will and wether we admit to it or not we all have that side to us so I dont think we've seen the last of that kind of stuff...I dunno I'll think I'll have my dog over people she's less likely to stab you in the back lol...humans eh we're simply the pits!!!

I can understand what you are saying, but also please be reminded, as Evie stated, this is a site that caters to younger as well as adult people. If you get that angry over something...just sign off until you cool off. If someone has offended you...then contact myself or Evie or Eva.

I won't come to Cstyles angry or bitchy...I will make sure that my mind is set to enjoy the members here and the site. If I'm having a bad day, didn't get a lot of sleep...I wait until I feel more at ease before signing on.

As adults, yes...we should be able to control our emotions without letting them get too carried away.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 5:37 am

Evie wrote:
Thanks for understanding guys.
I really don't want this to be a big deal, just consider it an extension of the rules for example.

And I do agree with you Q for the most part. I for one have def. let my feelings control me (it's not very pretty lol) and ended up regretting it later on. I've since learned to close my laptop and walk away before I put my foot in my mouth Language in the Message Box. - Page 2 Footinmouth10

I still feel that everyone has control over what they say and how the express their feelings though.

Exactly what I stated almost word for word Evie, I wrote mid read so to speak. Razz
It's children that should be reprimanded for blowing up and fighting each other...not adults. Not saying we don't all have our moments...that's nature...but controlling them is adult, mature and respectful of bystanders that might become a part of your backlash.

Just my thoughts! Devil yes Oops...I meant to put this one up Big smile Lol...see...control...
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 5:41 am

I agree with you both, how are we supposed to set an example to the younger generation about self control if we as adults cannot use it. I for one am I firm believer in walking away, calming down and then apologising if I did offend anyone. hiho
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 6:11 am

I know Broomie...that is why I am such a firm believer in 'truth'...if you hurt me, I will ask you why and I want to really know the reason. I've found that keeping stuff inside can result in becoming volatile but also can cause other problems..health issues to be exact.

So I say...just talking it through...walking away first if you have too...but getting it all out in the open.

Last edited by cecesaun1 on April 27th 2011, 6:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

Comments : Lost in simming land, please leave a message after the tone ...

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 6:14 am

Awww Broomie it's nice when you can walk away and come back calmer but some people just can't do that it's just not them I suppose
Back to top Go down
Pistolkitten
VIP Member
Pistolkitten

Libra
Comments : Genetically modified for extra flavor

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2011, 7:57 am

broomhilda wrote:
I agree with you both, how are we supposed to set an example to the younger generation about self control if we as adults cannot use it. I for one am I firm believer in walking away, calming down and then apologising if I did offend anyone. hiho

Wish more people would do this actually, having respect for others even if they are total twats.

My favorite thing is when someone is getting all shirty with me IRL to just stand there and stare at them with a blank look on my face, shows how unimpressed I am about their ability to speak and deal with issues like an adult hehe, which really pisses them off more lulz
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2011, 7:59 am

^ LOL too funny....might adopt that myself...just give no answer what-so-ever and let them look utter twonks hahaha love it
Back to top Go down
Pistolkitten
VIP Member
Pistolkitten

Libra
Comments : Genetically modified for extra flavor

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2011, 8:04 am

Q Girl wrote:
^ LOL too funny....might adopt that myself...just give no answer what-so-ever and let them look utter twonks hahaha love it

They get so frustrated, works with all kinds of people lol, all kinds of situations.
It's the reaction they crave, so don't give them any and they just don't know what to do.

It has gotten me into trouble, when I'm getting told off at work for something totally retarded, and I'm automatically going into zombie mannequin mode, they think I'm not listening or caring....which is correct lol, but you don't want your boss thinking that! hehe
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2011, 8:11 am

That's true PistolKitten you definitely dont want your boss knowing that! But seriously I love this and will def try it the next time I come across an arguement just to see the reaction it gets...ooh I'll have so much fun with it!
Back to top Go down
Evie
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Evie

Sagittarius

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2011, 12:52 pm

PK, you crack me up.

Kill them with kindness I always say Smile
(but don't always follow Razz)
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2011, 12:57 pm

My son has that sort of attitude towards bullies, he even says to them you want my attention by throwing together negative words to get a reaction, well heres one for you!" and then he turns and walks away, he cracks me up each time he does it because they dont know how to respond to it.
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2011, 1:37 pm

It is the best way to deal with things diplomatically but not always the case because sometimes you take the shiz one too many times and that rather cool calm facade snaps and the side no one wants to be confronted with comes forth ...we all try to be adult about things but when pushed I think most of have been less than adult over a few situations lol It's human nature to defend one's self though so it's hard (but not impossible) to sit there and take abuse or whatever and not come out like a screaming loony...it's that fight or flight response I think that we're all born with...some of us will run away while others will stand and fight
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2011, 1:41 pm

I know that most of the time I will run in the opposite direction, but hurt my son and OMG broomie rips off that halo and will go to town on you! ahem. I will defend him to the end. But if someone just randomly attacks me verbally with no good reason then its bye bye Im not wasting my time on you. I think when broomie was created she was given a set of wings to make an extra quick gettaway! lol.
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2011, 1:48 pm

LOL well I unfortunately wont back down or run away...if I'm wrong then I'm wrong and I'll admit to it....but back me into a corner or try to get up in my face and I defend myself right to the end...no swearing, no violence just being clever and quick witted and one of my lesser nice traits I always have the last word lol it's part of my inner biatch and I'll also defend family and friends....if someone upsets someone I care about then woe betide that person....man or woman or whatever the heck they be I'll stand up for myself or the other person no worries and with no help either...Q is one fiesty gutsy broad lmao...I should have been like Beth Chapman she's cool lol
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2011, 1:57 pm

I will second that one hun, you definately Beth Chapmanesk in your manner, I too will hold my hands up and apologise if Im in the wrong, and have done. QBALL you Rock girl, dont ever change. rockon
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2011, 1:59 pm

Broomie me old chum I have never and will never change myself for anyone it's not me at all and if people don't like in the words of many our townsfolk they can JOG ON lol....and I'm quite happy you said I was Beth Chapman because she's one heck of feisty woman
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2011, 2:05 pm

Smile. I think Im a ickle bunny at heart but get me angry and i come out all grr and rowdy like! hehehehee ahem I mean grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2011, 2:07 pm

I have never witnessed you rowdy at any point deary nor have I seen the grr either lmao but you dont need it I got your back dude
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2011, 2:19 pm

(Damn I knew peeps would see through the facade) but phew QBall got me back so I is a grateful Broomie for that. Picks up the halo and puts it back on, aaaah that feels so much better. kawaiiangel
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2011, 2:24 pm

I burned my halo a loooonggg time ago...poor Q is no longer disillusioned with the world or people..I see straight through things now...well I actually always have...of course I made a couple of judgemental errors but gosh darn if I'd have listened to that niggley voice within it wouldn't have happened but in a sick twisted way I'm ever so glad it did as it gave me the excuse to be me once more mwahahahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Language in the Message Box.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Discussions :: Sims General Discussion-
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com