Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

Hijacking Threads

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Top Poster : Hijacking Threads Topposter
Featured Artist : Hijacking Threads Badge-1-1
Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

Hijacking Threads Vide
PostSubject: Hijacking Threads   Hijacking Threads I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 5:14 am

I've been noticing as of late several threads being hijacked. It is impolite to the original poster and it starts to make the site confusing. I was on one thread and by the time I got to the middle of the thread I had forgotten what the original post was.

An occasional off topic is fine, but it's become a bit constant.

Thanks so much for respecting this rule.

Cecesaun1/Admin

Last edited by cecesaun1 on May 1st 2011, 12:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Hijacking Threads Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hijacking Threads   Hijacking Threads I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 5:17 am

ok hun read and agree with you Love067
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

Taurus

Hijacking Threads Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hijacking Threads   Hijacking Threads I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 5:19 am

Yes I agree, when I first started on CStyles I noticed this and got quite confused at times. ;)
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

Comments : Lost in simming land, please leave a message after the tone ...

Hijacking Threads Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hijacking Threads   Hijacking Threads I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 5:26 am

LOL Oh deary me thread hijackers whatever next...it's anarchy I knew this would happen...okies read and have put me no thread hijacking boots on
Back to top Go down
miss_lochness
VIP Member
miss_lochness

Pisces
Comments : One word...BAZINGA!

Hijacking Threads Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hijacking Threads   Hijacking Threads I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 5:35 am

Wows, we is cracking down everywhere now aren't we? Big smile

I promise no more hijacking. Smile
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

Hijacking Threads Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hijacking Threads   Hijacking Threads I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 5:47 am

Thanks for understanding all!! Not cracking down really Nessa...just trying to get control over situations before they get out of control. Shocked hand dance Ya'll knows I luvz you... Love067
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

Taurus

Hijacking Threads Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hijacking Threads   Hijacking Threads I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 5:49 am

We lovers you to CeCe Love067
Back to top Go down
miss_lochness
VIP Member
miss_lochness

Pisces

Hijacking Threads Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hijacking Threads   Hijacking Threads I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 5:53 am

I do Ceces, I just like to be cheeky Razz

I swears I will be on my best behaviour from now on Smile
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

Hijacking Threads Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hijacking Threads   Hijacking Threads I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 5:59 am

^ LOL we will start up a camp for naughty members so we will learn corrective behaviour LOL
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

Hijacking Threads Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hijacking Threads   Hijacking Threads I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 6:03 am

miss_lochness wrote:
I do Ceces, I just like to be cheeky Razz

I swears I will be on my best behaviour from now on Smile

NO NO NO!!!! I'm not wanting best behavior here!!! This is not ea... I'm just doing a bit of 'spring cleaning'... Devil no laughing
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

Hijacking Threads Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hijacking Threads   Hijacking Threads I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 6:05 am

Q Girl wrote:
^ LOL we will start up a camp for naughty members so we will learn corrective behaviour LOL

That would be pointless....because I would be a member... asswhack laughing
Back to top Go down
smartalec02
smartalec02

Cancer
Comments : oh yeahhhh, hee!

Hijacking Threads Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hijacking Threads   Hijacking Threads I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 6:14 am

erm, erm~ guilty as charge! i'll be in good behaviour from now on!hee~~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Hijacking Threads Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hijacking Threads   Hijacking Threads I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 6:17 am

Ayu i think we have all done it at some point.....cece from now on i will be more respectful to the OP Love067 Love067
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

Hijacking Threads Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hijacking Threads   Hijacking Threads I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 6:21 am

I'm guilty also Ayu...so look at us...all guilty and with that you can see how the forum will become too cluttered and un-organized. So we all will behavz ourselves... asswhack One of these for all guilty parties!!
Back to top Go down
smartalec02
smartalec02

Cancer
Comments : oh yeahhhh, hee!

Hijacking Threads Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hijacking Threads   Hijacking Threads I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 6:25 am

pale but i'll sacrifice my butt for the sake of cstyles! hee~

behave is now my middle name ;)
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

Hijacking Threads Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hijacking Threads   Hijacking Threads I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 6:32 am

Awww I wantz a middle name...hmm I'm going for Anarchy lol or Mrs Robert Pattinson lol....and CeCe the camp was for me it is the corrective behaviour camp for Q, solitary confinement until I mend my wicked ways....I'm gonna be in there a long long time....no more smexy simmeh Q guys until I haz learned to behave lol
Back to top Go down
Evie
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Evie

Sagittarius

Hijacking Threads Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hijacking Threads   Hijacking Threads I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 12:34 pm

cecesaun1 wrote:
I've been noticing as of late several threads being hijacked. It is impolite to the original poster and it starts to make the site confusing. I was on one thread and by the time I got to the middle of the thread I had forgotten what the original post was.

An occasional off topic is fine, but it's become a bit constant.

Thanks so much for respecting this rule.

Cecesaun1/Admin

I'm glad this was posted.
I completely agree and I can't wait for our random thoughts to be placed in GD instead of threads they don't belong. Razz
Back to top Go down
smac1975

Hijacking Threads Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hijacking Threads   Hijacking Threads I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 12:49 pm

I fear for CStyles Forums future to be honest.

All tyrants start as strong leaders trying to set up things right. But it is just not enough and they try to set things they way they think.

Let's take the CStyles example. No F***-words allowed, fine. Some exceptions made the rule valid.

Spamming, trolling and whinniewussie boys with girlish talk on shoutbox, some troll picks a fight. Shoutbox is blocked and for Adm use only... which to be honest I can't understand how useful that might be to the 4 or 5 persons that have Adm rights in this forum... I suggest you remove it from our common peoples eyes because I don't find it useful that "It will be used for us (ADM) if we have a quick question (ABOUT WHAT?) or to report anything (TO WHO?)." for the common random user like me. Fine. Do it.

Hijacking threads... well find me more than 12 that weren't hijacked by some lesser issue... peoples have the needs to communicate, it's human nature. Even if it is all giberish and spam and nothing really interesting to some peoples point of views... May I suggest "ADD REPLY" for ADM rights only?

Ok, I'm being a little sarcastic and a little cynic too. But someone has to say NO to the excessive rules being created the last days.

So I say NO!
My requests are:
I want the shoutbox back!
I want my threads to be hijacked!
I want to hijack other people's threads!
I want a grammar police!
I want a wussie detector!
I want freedom of speech!
I want good looking sim girls available for download!
I want Eva to make more brunettes!
I want Nessy to write me love PM's!
I want CeCe to stop worrying too much about how people comunicate and deal with eachother here!
And I want you to be happy.

I will fight the prospect tyrant, the fascist mind that is taking over this lovely website! With all my strenght!

Ditto!
Back to top Go down
smac1975

Hijacking Threads Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hijacking Threads   Hijacking Threads I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 12:55 pm

And by the way... I hate most of all these everyday common users signatures... some look good but they destroy totally the forum structure. A simple link would be enough and the forum would become much more bandwidth friendly.... sigh...
Back to top Go down
Evie
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Evie

Sagittarius

Hijacking Threads Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hijacking Threads   Hijacking Threads I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 1:36 pm

lurk
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

Hijacking Threads Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hijacking Threads   Hijacking Threads I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 1:37 pm

I actually agree with Sergio on some points especially about the shoutbox on the side being visible to us members when it's admin only maybe there's a way to hide it so we dont see it..I dunno because I'm not technical and I hold my hands up and say yep my banners were taking up too much space and probably distratced away from the conversation more than the hijacking did so I have backed Sergio and changed my siggy....
Back to top Go down
stevielee88
VIP Member
stevielee88

Leo

Hijacking Threads Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hijacking Threads   Hijacking Threads I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 1:53 pm

i am lost but thats ok.
what happing to the site Sad...
Back to top Go down
Evie
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Evie

Sagittarius

Hijacking Threads Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hijacking Threads   Hijacking Threads I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 2:02 pm

Alright guys,
Stevie hun, nothing is happening to the site. Enforcing the rules is part of being an admin, and following the rules is a part of being a member.

I see no problem in the message box being admin only. There are two other VERY convenient boxes for everyone to use, and as long as they're not being abused they will remain that way. In fact, it's rather nice having a box I can make announcements about the forum in without my announcement disappearing within seconds.

Hijacking threads is frowned upon on almost any real successful forum you will find, there is general discussion forum where you can talk about any random thing your heart desires as long as it's not too inappropriate.

I'm sorry if some feel the rules to be unfair, but on a forum with so many members, they are necessary.
Back to top Go down
stevielee88
VIP Member
stevielee88

Leo

Hijacking Threads Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hijacking Threads   Hijacking Threads I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 2:28 pm

ok. i get it now evie. i was just lost because i had just woken up and this was the first mayhem i was reading lol
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

Hijacking Threads Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hijacking Threads   Hijacking Threads I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 2:28 pm

I don't have a problem with the box being admin only I was just wondering why everyone (as in the members) could still see it when it says it'll be used to report stuff etc for Admins...I'm not complaining about us not using it either as we have two other places I'm just questioning the usefulness of us being able to see it when there's nothing there we can do with it...I also think people will go off topic from time to time and ok we have GD but what if GD becomes full of random topics and clogged up...I understand you gotta have rules and what not I'm not disputing that at all but we're all guilty of going off topic and at one point people laughed at the hijacking and said they didn't mind it and now it's frowned upon...I'm not trying to be awkward or troublesome I just get a tad confused about all the new rules about what we can and can't do lol so I ask questions one because I dont want to put my foot in it and get in trouble and two to make sure I understand stuff...I'm not even saying it's unfair I'm just asking a general question about the box and it's need to be visible to all...hope that made some kind of sense lol
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

Taurus

Hijacking Threads Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hijacking Threads   Hijacking Threads I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 2:55 pm

hide
Back to top Go down
Evie
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Evie

Sagittarius

Hijacking Threads Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hijacking Threads   Hijacking Threads I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 3:31 pm

Q Girl wrote:
I don't have a problem with the box being admin only I was just wondering why everyone (as in the members) could still see it when it says it'll be used to report stuff etc for Admins...I'm not complaining about us not using it either as we have two other places I'm just questioning the usefulness of us being able to see it when there's nothing there we can do with it...I also think people will go off topic from time to time and ok we have GD but what if GD becomes full of random topics and clogged up...I understand you gotta have rules and what not I'm not disputing that at all but we're all guilty of going off topic and at one point people laughed at the hijacking and said they didn't mind it and now it's frowned upon...I'm not trying to be awkward or troublesome I just get a tad confused about all the new rules about what we can and can't do lol so I ask questions one because I dont want to put my foot in it and get in trouble and two to make sure I understand stuff...I'm not even saying it's unfair I'm just asking a general question about the box and it's need to be visible to all...hope that made some kind of sense lol

The message box is currently being used for us to report anything we may have to report to the members. Anything we have to report to each other is usually done behind the scenes in PM's.

Everyone is guilty of going off topic from time to time, and I don't disagree with that at all. But we want to keep it from getting out of hand.

People may have laughed off the hijacking in the past, but I believe what cece is trying to do is keep it in line before it gets out of control and every thread gets taken off topic.

I don't think GD will get clogged up anytime soon, but I will talk to cece about sub categories in GD in case you're right and it does get too overwhelming.

I appreciate the questions, it helps clarify what is going on.

For everyone:
As for all of the "new rules" they won't ever bee too excessive to the point where you should have to fear what you post because of getting in trouble. You are always allowed to refer back to the rules. What you can and can't do is listed in the Forum rules here:
http://www.cstylessims3forum.com/f2-rules-updated

We will never add NEW rules to the official forum rules list without announcing it like this thread has. So you will always get an announcement when new rules are posted. This will keep everyone from constantly checking the forum rules thread.

I also want to say, we aren't going to constantly be adding new rules, this is just a coincidence I guess you could say that we have had so many recently.
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

Hijacking Threads Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hijacking Threads   Hijacking Threads I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 3:43 pm

I always have questions lol but if you dont ask you dont learn and plus I dont want my bootay spanked for doing something wrong just cos I didnt understand or ask so yeah if Q has a question Q asks the question even though half the time they dont make much sense...

I think you're right though that because these rules have all come at once it seems as if there's been more added than has done and I guess it looks exsessive when they're all made so close to each other and change wont always be met with agreement so I guess thats something you mods and admin have to put up with...the moaning (and my constant questions) go with the job lol.
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

Taurus

Hijacking Threads Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hijacking Threads   Hijacking Threads I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 6:18 pm

Im glad that this has been cleared up, I was a confuzzled broomie for a while.
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

Hijacking Threads Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hijacking Threads   Hijacking Threads I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 7:02 pm

Yep so was I hence why I said you gotta ask questions lol
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

Hijacking Threads Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hijacking Threads   Hijacking Threads I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 10:09 pm

smartalec02 wrote:
pale but i'll sacrifice my butt for the sake of cstyles! hee~

behave is now my middle name ;)

Oh my sweet Ayu...you are such a doll!!!!! I'll have no butt sacrifice's though...might be a bit stinky...all those butts... pale
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

Hijacking Threads Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hijacking Threads   Hijacking Threads I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 10:54 pm

smac1975 wrote:
I fear for CStyles Forums future to be honest.

All tyrants start as strong leaders trying to set up things right. But it is just not enough and they try to set things they way they think.

Let's take the CStyles example. No F***-words allowed, fine. Some exceptions made the rule valid.

Spamming, trolling and whinniewussie boys with girlish talk on shoutbox, some troll picks a fight. Shoutbox is blocked and for Adm use only... which to be honest I can't understand how useful that might be to the 4 or 5 persons that have Adm rights in this forum... I suggest you remove it from our common peoples eyes because I don't find it useful that "It will be used for us (ADM) if we have a quick question (ABOUT WHAT?) or to report anything (TO WHO?)." for the common random user like me. Fine. Do it.

Hijacking threads... well find me more than 12 that weren't hijacked by some lesser issue... peoples have the needs to communicate, it's human nature. Even if it is all giberish and spam and nothing really interesting to some peoples point of views... May I suggest "ADD REPLY" for ADM rights only?

Ok, I'm being a little sarcastic and a little cynic too. But someone has to say NO to the excessive rules being created the last days.

So I say NO!
My requests are:
I want the shoutbox back!
I want my threads to be hijacked!
I want to hijack other people's threads!
I want a grammar police!
I want a wussie detector!
I want freedom of speech!
I want good looking sim girls available for download!
I want Eva to make more brunettes!
I want Nessy to write me love PM's!
I want CeCe to stop worrying too much about how people comunicate and deal with eachother here!
And I want you to be happy.

I will fight the prospect tyrant, the fascist mind that is taking over this lovely website! With all my strenght!

Ditto!

Ok..I will tackle the longest post first and take it from there. Now...Evie has tried to clarify and clear up whatever misunderstandings have taken place regarding 'new rules'. If you check the 'rules' thread you will see that the only new rules that have been applied, was the major one where we had to go to Membership only site participation. That was a security measure to not only protect the site but it's members as well. To be honest, that is the way it should have probably been from the very start, but I hate having to join some site to download cc...or join in on a conversation, thus I have kept that part open for guest and members. At least the downloading of cc. Sadly though our guest can't participate in conversations or ask a question regarding something site related because of the doings of some arse's that decided to 'doctor' up the site.

The ONLY other rule that has been technically applied to the 'rules' is the hijacking of threads. I put in the rules, highlighted in red that this was a 'new' rule and it has been only 1 rule change. Rule 11 doesn't make an entire new set of rules. I also dated the day this was applied so there will be no further confusion.

As far as the message box, I'm sorry, but I tried to keep it as clutter free as possible but it didn't work. Even when I asked members to use the chat boxes and to not clutter up the message box the message box was still being used and my request were ignored.

If you notice...I changed the name when I re-designed the site because the primary purpose has always been to just be a 'message box' NOT a chat box. But when things start to happen within that box and it becomes abused, and I feel no respect given to the site, it's members or Administration...that is my job, Evie's job and Eva's job to get everything back in check. If any site had an Administrator(s) that just let it's members rule the site, then that site has a very short life span.

Now...as for Sergio...there is no fear of anything happening to Cstyles. You see a few changes and a few rules...'just enforced' and you now fear that things are changing dramatically and that is just not true.

You are coming off as a tyrant and seem to be starting trouble over these few enforcements and ONE rule addition.

Q and Sergio...I will not 'hide' the message box. Why should I? It's purpose was meant for administrator(s) to communicate with quick reply to each other and to guest and members. So why should I hide it. Cstyles gives it MEMBERS access to almost every corner of this site and yet you complain over a tiny little box. The only thing that we, 'administration' has said is 'ours'. Then why not just make everybody administration and hand over the rein to you guys. What would happen to Cstyles then. All those 'leaders' running a site.

Why do you think I ask people to help me run this site, so it's ran fairly, no one is judged and things are kept fair and non biased. I make NO primary decisions regarding this site without first consulting my Administrative Assistant Evie and Global Mod Eva. As a matter of fact...I didn't have to even ask them to help...they volunteered their services and have been a wonderful addition to helping maintain and update this forum.

Sergio...with a reply as large as this, you should have just pm'd me and spoke to me, not write this huge reply and it sounding like you are trying to overthrow the site. Same goes for Q...if you agree with Sergio, you both should of had some kind of conversations...behind the scene...not within it...and then you both could have bought them my attention and we could discuss it there.
Quote :

And Sergio hun..this makes no sense at all...I have to worry about the communication and how people deal with each other...it's my job. If I just let everyone communicate the way they want within the site and how they deal with other...this might as well be a zoo. Somebody has to worry...somebody has to go behind and make sure things are tidy and as neat as possible...somebody has to make sure there is as little hurt feelings as possible, and that things are kept in a somewhat orderly fashion and guidelines are followed.

As Evie said...we are getting more and more members and you can see we have a steady flow of guest. Do you think this would a good place to join if I just said, do what you want too, say what you want too and treat others any sort of way that you want too? We see what happened in the message box...do we want that everyday...all day...?

I will discuss the idea of sub categories with Evie as that does sound like a good idea. So Q and others...at least this way your threads won't be lost in a huge stack of other threads. That was a good point to make and it will be worked on.

But to handle things like you are trying to overturn the government is not the proper way to handle these types of problems.

I will be honest...I was actually shocked and broken hearted to see the responses that I got on such a tiny, minor situation. Not all were 'harsh' and as a matter fact, some people got so confused over the things going on with this one thread. Poor Stevielee thought something was going wrong with Cstyles.

Stevielee and Ayu are two of our newer members...why would we want them to witness this kind of disruption? That is not the way Cstyles was started, not the way it will be ran and def not the direction it will go in.

Yes...I'm ranting.

It takes a lot to upset me, it truly does...but this has upset me.

Also..I like the siggy's and think they are all nice and bright and bring a bit of colorfulness to the threads. Just as long as you don't make them too long that they stretch the threads or take up too much space. Otherwise they are fine. I've only had 2 problems of this and it was easily corrected within the walls of a pm.

*I just wanted to add...I don't want people walking around like they are walking on eggshells. That is NOT Cstyles...ever...all I'm doing is trying to keep things tidy...period. I want Cstyles to remain friendly and carefree and a place that you can come to to just chill out, meet with friends, make new friends and show off your talents as well as enjoy the talents of others. Cstyles was not built around a message box...the message box was added to Cstyles. 2 big chat boxes...one just for members ONLY for your privacy and to protect your conversations. The chat box used to be seriously ripe at times with me being the ring leader...I don't care...it was light hearted and carefree and a place to feel like you could just let your hair down and let loose. It also has the ability to have private one on one chats....hidden even from the other members inside the chat box.

I did this for Cstyles Members...with no regret. I did this because I care about the members and I wanted us to be able to talk openly and freely without fear of others prying eyes.
Back to top Go down
miss_lochness
VIP Member
miss_lochness

Pisces

Hijacking Threads Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hijacking Threads   Hijacking Threads I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2011, 4:12 am

I have been rather quiet on this topic, but perhaps I may put in my opinion and "view". I do not mean any disrespect to Cece, Evie or Eva or what they do for this forum. You know I lovez you.

Firstly, every forum needs to be kept under control. I agree with this. The recent unfortunate occurances here have FORCED our mods to do this. I was here when this place got hacked the first time! I sat here with Cece and watched this place get completely ruined. To not sound like a whiny idiot, but it really upset me. For that reason, I completely agree that certain rules need to be enforced to ensure that we keep this place safe and happy like.

As for the hijacking, I have to agree with Sergio. It's somewhat unavoidable, people do need to communicate. Even just yesterday, I saw threads getting hijacked. However, I can also understand how it makes it difficult to comment or add replies when you have trouble remembering what the thread was about to begin with.

I was not here for whatever happened in the Message Box, from what I can gather it was not nice. I am just going to say one thing regarding this, we have a lot of big, strong personalities on this forum and when you get them all in one place, they can and often will conflict and unfortunately there isn't much we can do about it. We can try and try to not let it happen, but more often than not it will. Obviously though if you remove the medium that helps them "conflict" with each other, then you solve the problem. Hence, the c-box is now gone. I did see Cece ask for people to tone it down on the box and it was ignored, so I can understand why we lost access to it. But if one person comments on the box thats all that is needed really for everyone else to come over. The C-box is easy access for us all, a easy way for members to communicate with each other. Its right there on the side and updates quickly Big smile Thats why I grieve the loss of the c-box.

I understand how everyone feels. I know where everyone is coming from and to not sound like Oprah/Dr Phil but we are all reacting to a change, change for some isn't a good thing. Nobody likes rules. A lot of people here, including me, love how laidback and happy it is here and I guess we are all just afraid to lose that. Thats why we are all carrying on like we are. We all know how harsh this community can get sometimes and this is one place that does not seem affected by it. For many this place is a safe haven.

Anyway I just thought I'd put in my view. Hope I haven't upset anybody.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

Hijacking Threads Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hijacking Threads   Hijacking Threads I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2011, 4:54 am

Nessa you didn't upset me. I've said what I've had to say and I'm just too tired to go back and try to even open this back up. You, as well as others are entitled to your opinions...without a doubt. But the way it was handled by some was a bit extreme.

There is a saying...'there is a time and place for everything'....that holds true in every aspect of life. I'm not changing the way Cstyles operates...I'm fixing some things that have gotten out of control and reminding people of the rules with the addition of one new one.

In other words...I'm doing what I can, and Evie and Eva are doing what they can to keep this site a happy place, a fun place and carefree. I've not banned one single person since Cstyles has been opened. I don't like to ban and pretty much told my Admin Assist and Global mod that they pretty much were going to be handling that aspect of the site.

Over a year...NO banning...NO reason to ban anyone...why? Because we keep Cstyles maintained, kept up, updated and spend so much time here it's not even funny. We give so much of our personal time to not only keep Cstyles fun, carefree and happy, but to be here for our members. I'm amazed at how many have totally fallen in love with Cstyles and offer their support within the site.

That's the way I want to keep Cstyles...and if it does come to a time where banning is the only option to keeping peace within these walls....then it will happen.

I remember watching the site slowly disappear right in front of my eyes...piece by piece and was totally devastated. What did I do, I could have just said to heck with it and threw in the towel and walked away. But I didn't....I was right back here re-building it back up, Evie and Eva...right here...Brian and Ang right here...YOU...right here and we accomplished it. The site is hit with porn....we didn't stop...we just cleaned it up and kept moving forward, but not without getting the information on the perp.

We are looking into moving Cstyles to a web site...is that going to be hit with a lot of backlash and disapproval? We are finding ways to always enhance this site, not just for us, but for the members. Give more space, we can edit the Elite section into a web site easier than this forum. I feel we are basically outgrowing the forum. It will have the same address and the same feel as the forum...just bigger and better.

As of today...I've put those plans on hold.

I posted this, simple and to the point with no anger or pointing of fingers and it was met with agreement and promises to aid in not hijacking threads. It takes one person, and then another and before you know it, what started out just a light note...turns into this.

I'm tired now Nessa and getting ready to sign out of here....I've been a basket case all day with these darn tornado's and then this and I think I'm going to have a tea and a shower, not in that order and lay my tired butt down.

Hugz to ya!!
❤

Tomorrow is another day...and I have to figure out where the heck my siggy went! I just went in to delete my little eggs and the siggy ran away with the eggs... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

Hijacking Threads Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hijacking Threads   Hijacking Threads I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2011, 5:26 am

Ok I'm going to say a lil' something because I think CeCe you got what I was trying to say all wrong...as I said to Evie I'm not "DEMANDING" anything I was asking a question on how relevant it was for the box to still be left open for members to see when it was used purely for admins...at no point did I say I wanted anything handed over to anyone and the part I agreed with Sergio on was about siggys not anything else and I agreed maybe mine was one of the offending ones that took up too much space and was distracting...at no point did I call anyone a dictator or tyrant

I said I understood about the rules and that I asked questions to make sure I understood what we were allowed to do and weren't allowed to do...like before when I asked a question and when it was explained I said oh right and carried on...I haven't complained about the chatbox being taken away I even said that didnt bother me because we have two other boxes to use so in all honesty I had no complaint at all it was a query and if that query offended you then I'm sorry and I honestly believe that as I was only mearly asking a question like I did in the other thread there was no need for a PM as it wasn't a complaint at all or a rant I was just wanting to know the relevance of the box still being able to be seen and if it was for admin to report stuff then surely it shouldn't be viewed by members.....that was my point or question as it were and Evie explained stuff and that was that...

I'm upset you thought I was trying to cause some kind of trouble because I'm most certainly not..I replied and agreed in part to a post that was made and asked a question which was answered something I thought would cause no offence or like I said need no PM to be sent as it was a general what if? Kind of thing...I have apologised if you misunderstood what I was saying and I've tried to explain myself better but as a rambler sometimes I dont do that very well and well looking back I've managed to ramble once more...anyway I hope I've managed to clear some things up
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

Hijacking Threads Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hijacking Threads   Hijacking Threads I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2011, 5:25 pm

No problem Q. I'm just trying to put this behind us and move forward. I'm a bit out of it today. We had 4 tornado's here last night and the death toll is rising. I'm beat. Apology accepted.
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

Hijacking Threads Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hijacking Threads   Hijacking Threads I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2011, 5:42 pm

I'm glad I kinda explained myself...and yeah I saw about the tornado's on the news it looks really bad out there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hijacking Threads Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hijacking Threads   Hijacking Threads I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hijacking Threads

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Discussions :: Sims General Discussion-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com