Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Evie
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Evie

Top Poster : Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 Topposter
Featured Artist : Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 Badge-1-1
Sagittarius

Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 Vide
PostSubject: Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies   Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeJune 7th 2011, 4:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

Warning: This tutorial contains lots of freakin' pictures mayne!

Also, though this tutorial may seem "long" making the process of creating poses seem "long" it is really not that long. I have merely simplified orangemittens pose tutorial at MTS with a few more pictures, and simplified instructions for those of us who really need detailed tutorials. I have also added another step at the very end of this tutorial. This step is what prevented me from creating custom poses for so long because it was left out of orangemittens tutorial.

Also keep in mind that custom poses are actually very much easier than creating CC. Any person can do it really.

Let's start off with what you'll need:

Blender 2.57 | Pose Player | S3PE | AnimToolV05 | Blender SMD Tools 0.15.10 | Custom Pose Files

Before beginning the following tutorial. Please install the "Blender SMD Tools0.15.10" that you downloaded by following the mini tutorial below:

Quote :

1. Start Blender and go to File->User Preferences(or press CTRL+ALT+U).
2. Click the "Add-Ons" button at the top of the User Preferences window.
3. Click the "Import/Export" button on the left, then click the "Install Add-On" button at the bottom.
4. Navigate to where you extracted the file and select the "io_smd_tools.py" and click "Install Add-On". TS3 Tools is added to the the list.
6. Click the check box to the right of the "Import-Export: SMD/DMX Tools"
7. Close the User Preferences window, and hit CTRL+U to save as default(if you want TS3 Tools to be there next time you start Blender).

Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies Tutorial Part 1

Lets start by opening S3PE and opening your Custom Pose Files Folder. In your Custom Pose Files Folder you will see a file named: 'a_xevt_701_clip'. Drag and drop this file into S3PE. If you get a prompt that looks something like this...

Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 110

...just click okay and then another prompt will pop up that will look like this...

Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 210

...click "NO".

Now right click on the clip file in S3PE and click "Export and rename..." as seen in the picture below...

Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 310

A new prompt window will come up, now this is where you actually name your pose. This name is what people will type in to use your pose in game. Please make sure the pose name is unique but short, no one likes to type in a long pose name Razz. Also, be sure to start your pose name off with a_...
See example below:

Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 410

Now click "Save". A new window will pop up, this is where you choose to save your new clip file. I suggest making a new folder where you store this poses files, I usually name my new folders after the code, for example:

I just made a new pose named: a_evie_21
I named my folder: a_evie_21 and saved it on my desktop.

View example below:

Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 510

Now click "OK".

You may now close S3PE. (If a prompt pops up, click "no")

Now, open up your "Custom Pose Files" Folder. For this tutorial we will be making a female pose. So you will need to click the "af" file copy this file either by pressing ctrl+C or right click and copy, now paste this file into your new pose folder. Go back to your "Custom Pose Files" Folder and open the "Adult Female Rig Text" folder and copy that file and then paste it into your new pose folder. Your pose folder should now look something like this...

Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 610

...Now open up your AnimTool and click the "Clip - > SMD" button as seen below...

Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 710

...A new window will now pop up, here is where you will need to locate your new pose folder and find your CLIP.animation file as seen below...

Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 810

...click "Open". A new pop up will pop up that looks like this...

Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 910

...click on "OK" and navigate to your new pose folder again and select the "adult_rigfile" Text Document and click "Open", example seen below...

Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 1010

...Your AnimTool Program should now look like this:

Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 1110

...It is now safe to close the AnimTool Program. If it does not say "No Errors" in your AnimTool as it does in the pic above, please delete your new pose folder and start over from the beginning of this tutorial.

Now open Blender.

Click File and Open once your in blender, example image below...

Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 1210

Now locate your "af" file that you pasted into your new pose folder,click it, and click open blender file in the top right corner, see example below...

Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 1310

...next go to file in the top left corner again, hover over "import" and click "Source Engine (.smd, .vta, .dmx, .qc)" as seen in the example below...

Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 1410

...now locate your CLIP.smd file, it should be the only file that shows up at this point, if not then navigate to your pose folder again to find it. Click "Import SMD/VTA, DMX, QC" located in the top right corner. See example pic below...

Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 1510

...now hover your mouse over the 3d body you see in the screen. Press 1 on your keyboard and then press shift and 2. Your model should now look like this...

Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 1610

...next look to the left of your screen, find the little icon that looks like a person with their arms and legs out with the word "Pose" next to it, click that, the orange dots on your model should now be black... now click the little plus sign next to the little person and word "pose". See example below...

Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 1710

here is where you will work on your pose...

Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies Tutorial Part 2

Blender Hotkeys:
A - Select entire model (pressing a again will deselect the entire model)
B - Select a section of the model (draw a square over the joint you want to move)
R - will rotate whatever joint you have selected (pressing R again will rotate a different way)
G - grab and move selected joints/joint
Ctrl + Z - Undo

In the picture below you will see a section in blender where you can choose what specific angle of the model you want to look at. This section is important for creating poses.

Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 1810

Now after you have created you pose press a on your keyboard until all of the dots highlight blue (if they do not highlight press a again)

Once they are highlighted press I on your keyboard and select "LocRot as seen below...

Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 1910

Next select File in the top left corner, hover over Export, and select "Source Engine (.smd, .vta, .dmx, .qc)" and click as seen below:

Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 2010

Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 2110

...now click "Export SMD/VTA" in the top right corner as seen below...

Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 2310

A warning will pop up as seen in the image below, just ignore it.

Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 2410

It is now safe to close blender...

Now open your new pose folder. A new folder should now be inside named "anims". Select the file with the extension ".smd", right click, and select rename. Press Ctrl + C on your keyboard. The name of this file should now be copied to your clipboard.

Now open the "anims" folder and select the file inside. Click rename and paste what you have copied. Now replace the .smd file inside your pose folder with the newly renamed .smd file inside your anims folder.

(I usually just drag and drop and click "move and replace")

Next open your AnimTool and select "SMD - > Clip" as seen below...

Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 2610

Navigate to your new pose folder and select the .smd file and click open. Your AnimTool should now look like this...

Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 1111

It is now safe to close your AnimTool.

Next open S3PE and your new pose folder.

Drag and drop the file with the extension "CLIP.animation" from your pose folder into S3PE. When the following prompt pops up click "OK"

Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 111

Now click on the CLIP file in S3PE and select Resource from the navigation bar and hover over "Export", then click "to package". Example below...

Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 2710

Now name your package and save it somewhere you can find it.

It is now safe to close any programs you may have open. Drag and drop your new package into your mods/packages folder. Run your game, and try your pose in game!

Be sure to make sure you have followed this tutorial perfectly before reporting problems. :D

Tips:

a lot of tips can be found on orangemittens tutorial over at MTS. Link is at the beginning of this tutorial.

Don't ignore the hands! there is nothing worse than creating a great pose with stiff hands.

If you would like to make your poses combined as a set, follow the tutorial for every pose you make and drag and drop all CLIP.animation files into S3PE, select them all and export to a single package.

I hope you guys like this!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
KosmoKhaos

PostSubject: Re: Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies   Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 29th 2012, 2:12 pm

Julia526 wrote:
I cannot get past this part

Quote:

3. Click the "Import/Export" button on the left, then click the "Install Add-On" button at the bottom.
4. Navigate to where you extracted the file and select the "io_smd_tools.py" and click "Install Add-On". TS3 Tools is added to the the list.
7. Close the User Preferences window, and hit CTRL+U to save as default(if you want TS3 Tools to be there next time you start Blender).

I click install addon, find the right file, and click to install it, but ts3 tools is not added to the list, and I can even click the check box for the SMD/DMX Tools part. Any help? I redownloaded the 2.57 version too.

I strongly suggest you get rid of the old version and use the new way of making poses. This tutorial is very outdated. Using the new way is A LOT easier. You don't need the animtool and you have more options (such as children, toddler and animal poses). Here is the new link and if you have problems with that version just post a comment and OrangeMittens or A will get back to you asap:

http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforum/index.php?topic=862.0

Once you get the blender plugin tools you need then go to the posing tutorial for Blender 2.63 here:

http://www.den.simlogical.com/denforum/index.php?topic=916.0
Back to top Go down
paradisxx

PostSubject: Re: Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies   Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2012, 5:40 pm

Well, I really want to make some poses but I get stuck at the mini turtorial

I get stuck at point 4, when i select the file nothing happen, and i don't see a TS3 Tools in the list.....
hope somebody could help me.
Back to top Go down
KosmoKhaos

PostSubject: Re: Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies   Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2012, 5:47 pm

paradisxx wrote:
Well, I really want to make some poses but I get stuck at the mini turtorial

I get stuck at point 4, when i select the file nothing happen, and i don't see a TS3 Tools in the list.....
hope somebody could help me.

Well this tutorial follows the old way go here and follow the new updated tutorial it is a lot easier and if you have problems then they can most likely help you better than I can: http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforum/index.php?topic=862.0
Back to top Go down
Simmielove

PostSubject: Re: Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies   Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2012, 8:52 am

KosmoKhaos wrote:
Simmielove wrote:
I'd like it <3

My lastes question, how do I get the pose "on the ground". I tryed with changing Location, but in my game my sims, when they use the pose, are in the air. Thanks again for helping me out <3

When in blender only use the ROOT_BIND bone to move your sim around or it will mess up all your hard work. The other bones will make your sim look glitched in game or make them look like theyre sinking through the floor.

Where can I find the ROOT_BIND? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
KosmoKhaos

PostSubject: Re: Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies   Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2012, 2:05 pm

Here ya go Smile it's over here in these drop down menus.
Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 Pose20
Back to top Go down
little_missy_bleh

PostSubject: Re: Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies   Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2012, 6:35 pm

I unfortunately cannot understand what you said here....

"4. Navigate to where you extracted the file and select the "io_smd_tools.py" and click "Install Add-On". TS3 Tools is added to the the list.

I've downloaded everything needed but this blender thing is so foreign haha. Help? (:?

EDIT: Oh and i tried downloading the S3PE thing and i have a Mac OS X so i had to download this Mono-- somethin' or other but i can't find it now on the computer DX. So as of the moment i need some serious help cause i'm like.... :zelfmoord:*new*
Back to top Go down
ice1

PostSubject: Re: Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies   Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2012, 5:56 am

Try using this tutorial its more up to date
Back to top Go down
little_missy_bleh

PostSubject: Re: Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies   Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2012, 6:28 pm

ice1 wrote:
Try using this tutorial its more up to date

Okay thank you!! cancan
Back to top Go down
little_missy_bleh

PostSubject: Re: Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies   Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2012, 6:32 pm

ooooohhhhh I had the wrong Blender version ;O
Back to top Go down
ice1
ice1

Featured Artist : Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 Badge-1-1
Aquarius
Comments : "If you want your life to be a magnificent story, then begin by realising that you are the author and every day you have the oportunity to write a new page" Mark Houlahan

PostSubject: Re: Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies   Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2012, 6:40 pm

its amazing how much changes in different versions of a program. I miss the good old days when a program didnt have thousand of updates in such a short period of time lol
Back to top Go down
KosmoKhaos
KosmoKhaos

Top Poster : Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 Topposter
Virgo
Comments : ♥️Look into my eyes♥️
♥️Its where my demons hide♥️
♥️It's where my demons hide♥️

PostSubject: Re: Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies   Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2012, 1:18 am

Yes this tutorial is very much obsolete lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies   Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Creating Custom Poses in Blender for Dummies

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Creative Corner :: Tutorials-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com