Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

Some tips about the latest patch and Pets

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Top Poster : Some tips about the latest patch and Pets Topposter
Featured Artist : Some tips about the latest patch and Pets Badge-1-1
Tech Support : Some tips about the latest patch and Pets Os51eg
Leo

Some tips about the latest patch and Pets Vide
PostSubject: Some tips about the latest patch and Pets   Some tips about the latest patch and Pets I_icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2011, 4:33 pm

I posted this also in the other thread in the "Tech Support", but I post it here as well, as it's Pets related.

Okay for those who need help or have problems with the patch and Pets, this is what I did for it to work for me:

I removed all files in the following folders and stored them somewhere else on my computer:
DCBackup
DCCache
IGACache
InstalledWorlds
Library
Mods/Packages
SavedSims
SigsCache
Thumbnails
WorldCaches

Also I removed and stored the following files somewhere eles on my computer:
CASPartCache.package
compositorCache.package
scriptCache.package
simCompositorCache.package
userPresets.package

After that I uninstalled the sims 3 base game and reinstalled it.
After that I ran the update / downloaded and installed the patch
After that I installed Pets.
Than I started up the game and it ran without a problem.
After that I put back the folders and files, back where they came from and did overwrite the files if needed.
I started up the game again, with all the mods and the CC and it ran okay. I only removed aWT slider hack mod and Anach CASSkins6x4 mod, but other than that I didn't do anything special.

I haven't checked all things in game yet, but the game loads without a problem and looks stable for now. I haven't had any problems yet.

I hope it works for you guys as well !!

Also:

I just ran the "TSR Pets CC Bug Fixer" and followed the clear instructions in the user guide / manual and it worked !! Smile) I did fix the files in DCCache and DCBackup.

I addition I ran the Bug fixer on my Mods/Packages folder and amongst others it picked up the poseplayer and it fixed several files in this folder as well, so including the poseplayer !!

After the fix, I went in game and test the furniture AND the poseplayer and ALL things seems to be working right now !! Yayyy !! Smile))

The TSR Pets CC Bug Fixer, can be found here (it's free to use !!)
Back to top Go down
julianafraga29
VIP Member
julianafraga29

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Some tips about the latest patch and Pets   Some tips about the latest patch and Pets I_icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2011, 4:48 pm

Trying this now...
I hope it works for me too Sad044
Thank you so much Eva
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Some tips about the latest patch and Pets   Some tips about the latest patch and Pets I_icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2011, 5:05 pm

You're welcome Julz !! Big smile I hope it works for you too !! ;)
Back to top Go down
julianafraga29
VIP Member
julianafraga29

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Some tips about the latest patch and Pets   Some tips about the latest patch and Pets I_icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2011, 7:55 pm

Thousand cheers to Eva
dancing hand dance happy *NEW* worship high five Huglove Hug007

Before:
Some tips about the latest patch and Pets Sem_ta10

After:
Some tips about the latest patch and Pets Sem_ta11
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Some tips about the latest patch and Pets   Some tips about the latest patch and Pets I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2011, 5:44 pm

Yayyyyyyyyyyyy !!! So glad CAS is working for you Julz !! dancing hiho happydance hand dance happy *NEW*
Back to top Go down
dachshundsr4me
dachshundsr4me

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: Some tips about the latest patch and Pets   Some tips about the latest patch and Pets I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2011, 7:48 pm

yup i tried this as well and it fixed my game too... Smile
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Some tips about the latest patch and Pets   Some tips about the latest patch and Pets I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2011, 7:54 pm

Awesome that's great !! hiho dancing Big smile
Back to top Go down
Kamikinz
VIP Member
Kamikinz

Capricorn
Comments : So a lady goes into a dentists office, gets on a chair and spreads her legs far apart.

The doctor is shocked to see this so he says: "Excuse me, miss, you must have the wrong place, this is a dentist's office."

The lady answers back: "Well, didn't you put my husband's dentures in last week?" the lady says.

The doctor nodded.

"Well," the lady said, "now you have to get them out."

PostSubject: Re: Some tips about the latest patch and Pets   Some tips about the latest patch and Pets I_icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2011, 4:31 pm

I dont have a problem with my game... To my knowledge it works fine. I just want to be able to have fun with CAS.

My laptop dvd/cd drive needs to be fixed so i cant uninstall / reinstall because all of my eps and sps are on disc...

I removed everything just in case but i dont know for sure if it will mess anything up thats why i am asking is there anything i can do to my cc folders before adding them in game???
Back to top Go down
Sleepy-Genius
Graphic Designer
Sleepy-Genius

Donor/$upporter : Some tips about the latest patch and Pets Th_banner
Pisces
Comments : Sometimes you need help to get out of that cement of shyness. That is why God made jackhammers!! *drills*

PostSubject: Re: Some tips about the latest patch and Pets   Some tips about the latest patch and Pets I_icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2011, 4:51 pm

You have origin, right? You put register you games with origin, ea's thing and all your games are there. You can install using that. it worked for me.
Back to top Go down
Kamikinz
VIP Member
Kamikinz

Capricorn
Comments : So a lady goes into a dentists office, gets on a chair and spreads her legs far apart.

The doctor is shocked to see this so he says: "Excuse me, miss, you must have the wrong place, this is a dentist's office."

The lady answers back: "Well, didn't you put my husband's dentures in last week?" the lady says.

The doctor nodded.

PostSubject: Re: Some tips about the latest patch and Pets   Some tips about the latest patch and Pets I_icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2011, 5:20 pm

Lol but y am i uninstalling if i hv no problems?? Pets took 2 long to d/l through origin as did generations lol i cant do it
Back to top Go down
Sleepy-Genius
Graphic Designer
Sleepy-Genius

Pisces
Comments : Sometimes you need help to get out of that cement of shyness. That is why God made jackhammers!! *drills*

PostSubject: Re: Some tips about the latest patch and Pets   Some tips about the latest patch and Pets I_icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2011, 5:23 pm

hmm...i guess because it is a new expansion pack and a new complicated patch? If you don't want to uninstall, then don't. It's your game. Just install pets and use TSR tool to do your dc's backup and cache and mods/ downloads folder.
Back to top Go down
Kamikinz
VIP Member
Kamikinz

Capricorn

The doctor nodded.

PostSubject: Re: Some tips about the latest patch and Pets   Some tips about the latest patch and Pets I_icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2011, 5:54 pm

My pets hv been installed since day 1.... Lol thats what i am saying lol... Everything works fine... What my issue is i wanna add my CAS stuff i.e hair make up clothes back into my game lol...

Why am i using the tsr thingy on my cache and back up folders???

Ok so i run it on my mods folder n it should make everything work???
Back to top Go down
Sleepy-Genius
Graphic Designer
Sleepy-Genius

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Some tips about the latest patch and Pets   Some tips about the latest patch and Pets I_icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2011, 5:57 pm

Dont run it on your hacks folder. I followed what TSR had on their sites. the CAS packs and whatever work fine for me. the sims dont interact with those. They dont have rigs in them, according to MTS. its the stairs, chairs, table, beds (things in buy and build) that is the problems.
Back to top Go down
Kamikinz
VIP Member
Kamikinz

Capricorn

The doctor nodded.

PostSubject: Re: Some tips about the latest patch and Pets   Some tips about the latest patch and Pets I_icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2011, 6:00 pm

I deleted everything furniture related... But i hv mods in my folder that help slider limits... Wdh do i do with that?? Lol

I know i am prolly confusing the ISH out of you lol
Back to top Go down
Sleepy-Genius
Graphic Designer
Sleepy-Genius

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Some tips about the latest patch and Pets   Some tips about the latest patch and Pets I_icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2011, 6:02 pm

um, johna says that his stuff works, but it is a bit weird. i havent had that. idk about delphy, but the breast sliders work. the only slider that gives me a problem is the neck sliders. that is it. but they work fine.
Back to top Go down
Kamikinz
VIP Member
Kamikinz

Capricorn

The doctor nodded.

PostSubject: Re: Some tips about the latest patch and Pets   Some tips about the latest patch and Pets I_icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2011, 6:05 pm

Whats weird about it??? I need to get on my computer lol this phone isnt allowing me to type how i want
Back to top Go down
Sleepy-Genius
Graphic Designer
Sleepy-Genius

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Some tips about the latest patch and Pets   Some tips about the latest patch and Pets I_icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2011, 6:11 pm

the head become a bit deformed. like it will look like the head is being stretched forward and down when you look at it from the side. only when you change it from the default. he has to update. i haven't checked if he has updated.
Back to top Go down
Kamikinz
VIP Member
Kamikinz

Capricorn

The doctor nodded.

PostSubject: Re: Some tips about the latest patch and Pets   Some tips about the latest patch and Pets I_icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2011, 6:17 pm

sleepy my dear your giving me a headache lol so much to do ...get into the chatbox so we can talk this through faster lol plz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some tips about the latest patch and Pets   Some tips about the latest patch and Pets I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some tips about the latest patch and Pets

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Discussions :: Pets-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com