Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

Has this ever happened to you??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dachshundsr4me
dachshundsr4me

Featured Artist : Has this ever happened to you?? Badge-1-1
Virgo

Has this ever happened to you?? Vide
PostSubject: Has this ever happened to you??   Has this ever happened to you?? I_icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2011, 4:16 pm

I started a sim the other day to be similar to this photo..I saw it on the exchange and the person was using it for their sim that looked nothing like the picture so i thought okay Robin (that's me for all you who call me dachs) you have a go at it...:
Has this ever happened to you?? Newsim

Anyway she just wasn't working well for me...you can ask Orange (Todd) if you don't believe me..poor thing i was burning up his yahoo messenger with snapshots...and opinions...anyway then i decide oh heck i am just going to make this sim my own...and not try to do her from some picture..

So this is what i got:
Has this ever happened to you?? Hairette-1

I actually prefer her more then the model i was working from...

I use to create sims for hairstyles i made in the sims 2 but now i can't seem to do that either...the hairstyle has to compliment my sim now...i make my sim with a hair on her then i take and go through thousands of hairs till i find the one that suites him/her best...so actually i have no idea what i am making when i start to create a sim...i just let it mold and shape...does that happen to you as well..that you have no idea what your sim will look like until all the elements fall into place. That is the only way i can create now is just to let it happen. I have no idea what i will end up with. All i know is when i will know when the sim is done. It's done when all elements fall into place.

Back to top Go down
Shyne
VIP Member
Shyne

Donor/$upporter : Has this ever happened to you?? Th_banner
Top Poster : Has this ever happened to you?? Topposter
Scorpio
Comments : *KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK* Penny.
*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK* Penny.

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you??   Has this ever happened to you?? I_icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2011, 6:15 pm

I think she looks awesome!!! :D
Back to top Go down
Sleepy-Genius
Graphic Designer
Sleepy-Genius

Pisces
Comments : Sometimes you need help to get out of that cement of shyness. That is why God made jackhammers!! *drills*

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you??   Has this ever happened to you?? I_icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2011, 10:07 pm

AH!! You have my name. I'm Robin also! Big smile

She looks gorgeous! Hopefully, I will get to that level someday.
Back to top Go down
dachshundsr4me
dachshundsr4me

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you??   Has this ever happened to you?? I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2011, 11:14 am

Sleepy-Genius wrote:
AH!! You have my name. I'm Robin also! Big smile

She looks gorgeous! Hopefully, I will get to that level someday.

The sims i have seen coming from you are just as beautiful...Everyone has their own style...apparently mine are large eyes and big lips...lol.
Back to top Go down
Louma
Louma

Comments : Not even your last choice!

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you??   Has this ever happened to you?? I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2011, 3:14 pm

actually she looks like her a bit =D yet you did a better job <33 i like that every one should put there touch out there on simmies not just creating ppl in RL
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you??   Has this ever happened to you?? I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2011, 11:26 pm

Wow I'd love to try and create her!! Too adorable. And Robin your sim is gorgeous!!! I make my sims so weird, I start with different zones (facial) I may see a set of eyes on the net and fall in love with the shape of them so I will save the pic for future reference, same thing with noses, overall facial shape and ears. I usually have my trademark lips, full and shaped, but sometimes I do make a more slender lip. Hair is the last thing I do, eyebrows first, then facial hair if male and then head. So I am pretty random because sometimes I just get 'that feeling' of needing to create and just open up game, go through random sims to I see one I want to work with.
*I have noticed lately that it's hard to put your sim in glasses because we really don't have a ton of choices. I'd love to see more eye wear!
Back to top Go down
stevielee88
VIP Member
stevielee88

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you??   Has this ever happened to you?? I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2011, 2:28 pm

i think your sim looks great.
bravo
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you??   Has this ever happened to you?? I_icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2011, 2:02 am

Ok...I'm not hijacking this thread, I told Dach to look for this and here it is!! I wanted to try and make a sim out of the picture she posted in the original post and here is my version. I don't think she came out to bad. What do you think? There were several areas that just were impossible to duplicate, at least for me. The chin, the bridge of the nose and of course makeup.

Has this ever happened to you?? Screen61

Has this ever happened to you?? Screen62

I've got more to show however the hosting site is acting a bit funky tonight and I def don't feel like going through photobucket tonight so I will post more later. hiho

This is the original picture!

The more I look the more I see that I really want to attempt again to fix her chin!! And her nose I see needs to be rotated up a little bit more and a tiny bit smaller.
What else?
Back to top Go down
Shyne
VIP Member
Shyne

Scorpio
Comments : *KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK* Penny.

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you??   Has this ever happened to you?? I_icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2011, 5:36 am

Nice! :D
Back to top Go down
dachshundsr4me
dachshundsr4me

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you??   Has this ever happened to you?? I_icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2011, 6:20 am

You did awesome Cece...yay...def a DL sims.
Back to top Go down
Jaedub
Jaedub

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you??   Has this ever happened to you?? I_icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2011, 11:01 am

Whoa!Cece!She looks bloody amazing!I love your version too,Robin,great likeness Love067 Im so in love with this model....is she even real??She looks real but not.....either way she is absolutely stunning...those eyes!!!Now I want to make her.....LOL!
Back to top Go down
dachshundsr4me
dachshundsr4me

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you??   Has this ever happened to you?? I_icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2011, 1:44 pm

Jaedub..I would love to see your version as well...ha ha isn't this funny that this picture that looked nothing like the sim that was posted on the exchange is making this many Artists making them make a model of her...=))
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra
Comments : adult living in canada

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you??   Has this ever happened to you?? I_icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2011, 2:15 pm

that pretty darn good, it is harder or easier to make sims in sims2 or sims3?
orange
Back to top Go down
dachshundsr4me
dachshundsr4me

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you??   Has this ever happened to you?? I_icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2011, 4:13 pm

I think its harder to make them look good..sims 2 for me was easier.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you??   Has this ever happened to you?? I_icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2011, 5:39 pm

Thanks for the compliments although she is not finished yet. Orange she has taken me 2 day's and still not complete but it's been fun trying to make her! I don't know if she is real with maybe a bit of photoshop or if she is some kind of sim also. Jae I'd love to see your version also!!! Please do! I'm going to work on her some more tonight and see if I can fix her chin, bottom lip and work on her nose a bit more. I think the eyes are spot on except for the actual color.
Back to top Go down
Jaedub
Jaedub

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you??   Has this ever happened to you?? I_icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2011, 5:49 pm

I just might!If I have spare time this weekend I would like to try and give it a go,I really really want her in my game,LOL.I'll post pics in this thread if I do hiho
Back to top Go down
dachshundsr4me
dachshundsr4me

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you??   Has this ever happened to you?? I_icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2011, 5:56 pm

oh that would be awesome... ❤
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you??   Has this ever happened to you?? I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2011, 4:45 am

Ok...final posting. After making some changes this is the closest I could get to a likeness. If I keep changing it totally changes the overall image.
Let's see how Jae does...can't wait!! She probably will knock it out of the park with greatness!!

Has this ever happened to you?? Screen63

Has this ever happened to you?? Screen64

Not too happy with the chin because it elongates her face but without a lengthiness it just doesn't look right. Oh well...

Back to top Go down
Criseida
Criseida

Libra

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you??   Has this ever happened to you?? I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2011, 6:59 am

awesome!!!! OMG
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you??   Has this ever happened to you?? I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2011, 9:41 pm

Thankies!!
Back to top Go down
Cel
VIP Member
Cel

Capricorn
Comments : I am the Harlequin, and the Chameleon.

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you??   Has this ever happened to you?? I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2011, 11:06 pm

Robin, WOW she looks gorgeoussss! Smile I'm in love with the lighting in your pic (lighting wh*re over here haha) - you put a great spin on the original.

Oh man, I could write novels about the ups & downs of my sim-creating (mostly downs lol - my sims are all kinda meh). Whenever I start out trying to mimic a picture or celeb it rarely ever comes out exactly that way -- I always want to add this or change that or whatever. Sometimes they start out being more cartoony and end up more realistic, or vice versa. Different skin colors, features, yada yada yada on & on. It's crazy sometimes lol.

Ceceeeeee *smoochies* Holy moly she looks great!! Smile Where is the hair from? I <333 your sims m'lady!

I might give this a shot, but it won't be close to what you guys did (or what jaedub could do *shudders* - can't even IMAGINE, fo real)
Back to top Go down
Jaedub
Jaedub

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you??   Has this ever happened to you?? I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2011, 10:49 am

I started on the model last night! Smile I'll try to get her done and post a few pics tonight...or tomorrow morning! hiho
Back to top Go down
dachshundsr4me
dachshundsr4me

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you??   Has this ever happened to you?? I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2011, 10:56 am

Yay
Back to top Go down
Cel
VIP Member
Cel

Capricorn

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you??   Has this ever happened to you?? I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2011, 5:53 pm

I worked on this version last night -- I think it's pretty close to the picture but with a few of my own tweaks. My sim looked a little better with sleepier eyes, not as wide as the original, and a slightly wider nose. I'm SO glad I tried this b/c now I am in love with this sim lol. Need to find her a man, preferably one of Cece's hotties.... <333 My original name for her was Kaleah, but now I'm not sure. Might go with something else.

Has this ever happened to you?? PgrRE

Has this ever happened to you?? Emsba

Has this ever happened to you?? YA9CM

The first picture (mine) is photoshopped in the coloring, makeup (a bit) and brows (a bit). The second pic has a little eye shading and a softness filter. The hair is hiding the roundness of her face, and I might give her a different style to show it off because the roundness looks good on her. I have a thousand outtakes of this too lol.

Editing experiment with this picture
https://i.imgur.com/lEf2M.jpg

Last edited by Cel on December 2nd 2011, 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you??   Has this ever happened to you?? I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2011, 6:05 pm

Cel, wow, ohmygod, she looks amazing! Good job on the clean (not overly done) editing. Seriously, great job matching the reference.

CeCe&Dachs, I love both your interpretations - the same reference has turned out three beautiful and unique sims so far - I'm really excited to see yours, Jae. Smile
Back to top Go down
dachshundsr4me
dachshundsr4me

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you??   Has this ever happened to you?? I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2011, 7:28 pm

Cel i want your sim for my game...she looks fab...Cece i want yours for my game too.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you??   Has this ever happened to you?? I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2011, 7:35 pm

Cel I LOVE LOVE LOVE her!! She looks way closer to the original than mine and twice as cute!!! I'd def download her!! Awesome job!! I knew you could make awesome sims, now you just need to upload her!!! I tried the sleepy eyes also but it changed her overall appearance too much for me but you hit it spot on!!

Ok Jae...your turn!!! This has been so fun!! I want to try another one!!! See what you started Dach!!? hiho
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you??   Has this ever happened to you?? I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2011, 7:37 pm

Dach you should just use Cel's because her's looks closet to the original!! I can't stop looking at her!!
Back to top Go down
dachshundsr4me
dachshundsr4me

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you??   Has this ever happened to you?? I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2011, 7:39 pm

No i want yours too Cece to have her because you made her...=) Do you remember when in sims 1 we had it where we could place our pictures on our own sim...well i had this fugly sim running around with my face...i could never bare to kill her off cuz she was me so i just let her be a townie and run around in the game lol.
Back to top Go down
Jaedub
Jaedub

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you??   Has this ever happened to you?? I_icon_minitimeDecember 3rd 2011, 4:52 am

Ok,finally got her done.I went a bit different with the hair though....She didnt end up looking much like her either,however,I really like how she turned out!
Cel,your sim is so awesome...WOW!She looks so much like her!! dancing
Has this ever happened to you?? Screen52
Has this ever happened to you?? Screen53
Has this ever happened to you?? Z10

I didnt edit the pics...so late here and Im crazy sleepy Sleep
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you??   Has this ever happened to you?? I_icon_minitimeDecember 3rd 2011, 5:45 am

Jaedub, I love your take on this model. She is uber cute! Love067
Back to top Go down
dachshundsr4me
dachshundsr4me

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you??   Has this ever happened to you?? I_icon_minitimeDecember 3rd 2011, 10:13 am

Jaedub she is lovely as well...see this is gonna be fun. I am just hoping folks will SHARE please Smile
Back to top Go down
Jaedub
Jaedub

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you??   Has this ever happened to you?? I_icon_minitimeDecember 3rd 2011, 11:02 am

That was super hard!LOL,lots of fun though!Im going to enjoy doing one of the other ones too!Tough decisions! hiho
Back to top Go down
Cel
VIP Member
Cel

Capricorn

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you??   Has this ever happened to you?? I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2011, 9:58 pm

Jaedub - I love love love your version of the original!! Smile Smile She's so realistic and chic <33

Thx guys, I'm glad you liked Kaleah. I'll try to upload her soon - she's a teen tho (I liked the way she turned out as a teen better than a YA with the way I was putting her together). And since I was trying to re-create that original picture, her genetics might be so-so. Lol I never ever ever upload sims, but I'll upload Kaleah, maybe this weekend (need to make sure I have the cc and sliders documented - i use LOTS of sliders in making my sims, be forewarned lol).
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra
Comments : adult living in canada

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you??   Has this ever happened to you?? I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2011, 7:27 pm

wow jaedub your new sim is gorgous whoa

orange
Back to top Go down
Jaedub
Jaedub

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you??   Has this ever happened to you?? I_icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2011, 6:44 pm

Thank you guys!! Love067
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you??   Has this ever happened to you?? I_icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2011, 8:06 pm

I started working on number 1 but she ended up looking so different I scraped her and I NEVER scrape a sim, this is the very first time!! May try another one. Number 1 looked so easy! Sad...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to you??   Has this ever happened to you?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has this ever happened to you??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Discussions :: Sims General Discussion-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com