Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

(SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Top Poster : (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets Topposter
Featured Artist : (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets Badge-1-1
Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

(SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets Vide
PostSubject: (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets   (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2011, 8:44 pm

I'm having a problem with adding new default eyes. I have done everything correctly yet it still gives me these creepy looking default eyes. What am I doing wrong. I delete the cache', I remove the old defaults, I am stuck.

Last edited by cecesaun1 on December 17th 2011, 5:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dachshundsr4me
dachshundsr4me

Featured Artist : (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets Badge-1-1
Virgo

(SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets Vide
PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets   (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2011, 8:48 pm

Somewhere you have a set of default eyes that are not marked default...which really stinks...think about which eyes you have recently placed into your folder. Those will most likely be the culprit. Use delphy and remove eyes that are recent.
Back to top Go down
Shyne
VIP Member
Shyne

Donor/$upporter : (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets Th_banner
Top Poster : (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets Topposter
Scorpio
Comments : *KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK* Penny.
*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK* Penny.

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets   (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2011, 8:51 pm

Ahhhhhhh which eyes are you trying to use as default?
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets   (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2011, 8:51 pm

I had Shady's default eye and decided that I wanted to try a new default so I took out Shady's and added the new ones. I went in game and they totally freaked me out! So I removed those, put in a new set and again freakazoid eyes. I guess I will have to take out all my eyes and start fresh although some are not even labeled in custom content which sucks.
Back to top Go down
Shyne
VIP Member
Shyne

Donor/$upporter : (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets Th_banner
Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets   (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2011, 8:53 pm

Ahhhhhhhh yeah you'll have to remove all of them and put them into your game one by one. Maybe one texture file has the same name as another texture file, that's always annoying *whispers* Maybe someone copied someone else lol

Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets   (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2011, 8:53 pm

Shyne wrote:
Ahhhhhhh which eyes are you trying to use as default?

pure eyes I got them off mts. They have the small pupil which I have used as contacts with no problems.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets   (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2011, 8:56 pm

Shyne wrote:
Ahhhhhhhh yeah you'll have to remove all of them and put them into your game one by one. Maybe one texture file has the same name as another texture file, that's always annoying *whispers* Maybe someone copied someone else lol

Lol!! Darnit!! MOre work!!! I just wanted a new pretty set of eyeballs and I get this crap! *stomps feet in temper tantrum* And I still need to compress some of my darnit files darnit!! Ok...I'm calm now. Razz
Back to top Go down
dachshundsr4me
dachshundsr4me

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets   (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2011, 9:02 pm

I can send you my lemon leafs eyes that are in one file...i merged it...that will help...i have the prailine sims eyes merged too...no defaults on either of those...same with tifas...so this way you have at least those designers eyes. will be only 3 files...but all the eyes are in each...its a little easier to keep track of this way.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets   (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2011, 9:09 pm

Dach that would be grand and very much appreciated!!! hiho Now...could you come over and tidy up all my files please? I'll cook supper!!
Back to top Go down
dachshundsr4me
dachshundsr4me

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets   (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2011, 9:23 pm

http://www.4shared.com/file/GI1DhTnd/Combined_LL_Contacts.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/94qp6h6V/PSEye_Contact_Combo.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/78oCwt9M/TifaContacts_Combo.html

Those are all those designers combos...i don't know of anyone else that makes that many eyes...the others are all singles in my files...but this should help you greatly.

If you get any conflicts it means that those eyes are already in these files...I will say I was real careful to only have contacts and that creators name for each file...so there is no mix ups...I am just anal that way. I was also careful to be sure there are no defaults in any of these packages.

Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets   (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2011, 9:39 pm

Okay... and I thank you for this, but you still didn't answer my question. Will you come do my files if I promise to cook? Lol!! Thanks Dach, will place these in game but the good thing about all of this is I found a default face that I didn't even know was in my files!!! Can you believe that? That's probably why I was having some problems with my sims aging to adults!!
Back to top Go down
dachshundsr4me
dachshundsr4me

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets   (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2011, 9:56 pm

oh yeah that will do it...lol...okay u cook I'm coming.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets   (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2011, 10:25 pm

dachshundsr4me wrote:
oh yeah that will do it...lol...okay u cook I'm coming.

I will start cooking now!!!! I wish some of you guys did live nearby. Sad...
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra
Comments : adult living in canada

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets   (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2011, 10:33 pm

sometime the eyes file are lables eyes and sometime they are labled eyes something like eyes makeup , or other things, do use delphy to find all files with the words eyes in them , of course take eyes out firsts and test , etc. , if that dont work , it stil in there right. so it is a eye files labled as something but what , eyes makeup , eye this or that. i had one lke that before . and replacement in the description or where in delphy is a clue to it being default too maybe. good luck. tell us what you found out.

sugar cookies please
and make orange to go , thanks
Back to top Go down
Shyne
VIP Member
Shyne

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets   (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2011, 10:42 pm

I would definitely come visit you Cece Smile And enjoy your grandma cookies lol ;)
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets   (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2011, 11:13 pm

I do NOT make grandma cookies...I make NaNa brownies!!!! Lol! hiho Thanks Orange, I'm trying to sort it all out now...well I will continue once I eat dinner which I decided since I wasn't having Dach over I'd just order out!! Pasta bowl from Domino's here I come!!! Delivered any minute now!! hand dance Darn...now I want cookies AND brownies!! Razz
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets   (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets I_icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2011, 6:44 am

Well, so far I thought I had found the culprit but no luck. I'm seriously stumped and seriously frustrated. It's obvious now that the eyes are not marked. I'm going to work on it more later this evening. I will keep you posted.
Back to top Go down
dachshundsr4me
dachshundsr4me

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets   (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets I_icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2011, 6:48 am

Please do...=) We would like to know so we wont do the same to our folder.
Back to top Go down
dachshundsr4me
dachshundsr4me

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets   (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets I_icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2011, 3:10 pm

I figured it out and i am having the exact same problem...you file problem is inside your DCBackup...when you install a sim all their crap comes with...eyes and what not...so yeah even if it doesn't show you have an eye file in there that is not labeled like mine and is conflicting with your defaults...same as mine...i cleaned it all out and am redownloading my store content and my sims i have made and are on the exchange and will from now on be careful with the sims in install that belong to someone else.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets   (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets I_icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2011, 9:57 pm

I've only installed sims from members here. I don't EVEN think about downloading from ea exchange. So how do I locate this horrible file and smack it out of my game? I can't get Dashboard to work right now, will probably have to uninstall and reinstall it. Had to do this a couple of times in the past...why...I have NO clue.
Back to top Go down
dachshundsr4me
dachshundsr4me

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets   (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets I_icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2011, 11:32 pm

i think i found the eye that did it...was by miss daydream...i took those out and it worked fine. That was my games problem.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets   (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2011, 1:32 am

I checked and the only thing I have by miss daydreams is eyebrows, no eyes. Did she give them a specific name besides that?
Back to top Go down
dachshundsr4me
dachshundsr4me

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets   (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2011, 1:38 am

http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims3-sets-makeup/title/aura-eyes-set/id/1115845/

This is the set...once i took them out my defaults showed up again.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets   (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2011, 3:52 am

Thanks Robin! I will try this also. You know when I did check my files I do have miss daydreams eyebrows...I wonder, or do you suppose somehow they could be connected since they are a recent download?
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets   (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2011, 3:55 am

I just checked the link and I def don't recall downloading those eyes, but like I said, I did get some of her eyebrows. I'm going to use this link, download them again and see if I can possibly match the files. Fingers crossed!!!
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets   (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2011, 5:00 am

OMG with biscuits and gravy it just might be the eyebrows!!!! So I'm in game, felt a little creative, started to work on a female sim and changed my mind to a male, found my pudding I wanted to work with when I started on his eyes and went to the brow section I will be darn if some of the eyeballs have that freaky tint!!!! Just on her brows!!! So tonight I remove them and I will know tomorrow whether I have solved this!! Actually if WE have solved it!! You guys are amazing!
I also will write her politely and let her know of this situation if it turns out to be this so she can correct it. Too bad if it is though....I totally LOVE the eyebrows!! Sad...
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets   (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2011, 8:41 pm

eyebrows???
mislabeled?

what did delphy say them files were . funny stuff.

orange
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets   (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2011, 9:00 pm

I have no clue! Lol!! Going to try this out tonight and see if it works! ;)
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets   (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2011, 4:13 pm

probalby some makeup or eybrows not labled right huh mmm. what a hassle huh.

of course satumastra soap is the best ! dammit. it the orange of it all , afterall!
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets   (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2011, 5:20 pm

Still don't know yet...I took the eyebrows out but forgot to add a new default!!! My brain is just barely functional right now...lack of sleep makes me goofy!! Will keep you posted!! I don't know if I am going to go in game today because I'm seriously mentally and physically drained. Gonna pop several sleeping pills and see if that helps.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: (SOLVED)   (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets I_icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2011, 5:37 am

Yayz!! I got my defaults to finally work. I have NO idea how I came up with the idea but I decided to NOT use a newer default eye but to use an older one. That way it's 'almost' taking it back to just base game compatible stage. I know...sounds stupid, but I just felt the need to try. And...it worked!!! So I have NO idea exactly why but I'm not questioning it so problem is solved!! hiho

Edit: Wanted to add that I actually like these older eyes more than the newer models!! They are so pretty and bright! Love067
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets   (SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(SOLVED)Can't get my default eyes to work properly...I've tried 2 different sets

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Welcome :: Tech & Game Support-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com