HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

Launcher Downloads

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
snowee282

PostSubject: Launcher Downloads   April 6th 2012, 9:34 pm

I am putting my saved cc downloads into the launcher on a new comp and was wondering if there is a way of putting the whole file in without downloading one by one. I tried putting the file inside the download folder but it doesn't show up in game like my saved sims show up.

Back to top Go down
KosmoKhaos

Top Poster :
Featured Artist :
Virgo
Comments : ♥Look into my eyes♥
♥Its where my demons hide♥
♥It's where my demons hide♥

PostSubject: Re: Launcher Downloads   April 6th 2012, 11:19 pm

Sad... Unfortunately there is no way to install them all together at once if they are .simpack files. However you CAN install more than one simpack at a time by highlightig them, right clicking and selecting "open". However I suggest you only do no more than 15 to 20 files tops at a time because it makes the launher freeze up and you'll have to force it to close and try again.
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Launcher Downloads   April 6th 2012, 11:40 pm

KK is right, you'll unfortunately have to install each item again. This is why, with the exception of lots, I do not keep any CC as sims3packs. I have all store content converted to package files. It initially took a long time to do, but for me, it has been worth it in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy-Genius
Graphic Designer

Donor/$upporter :
Top Poster :
Pisces
Comments : Sometimes you need help to get out of that cement of shyness. That is why God made jackhammers!! *drills*

PostSubject: Re: Launcher Downloads   April 7th 2012, 1:34 am

Do you mean the .dbc and .ebc files? Those are the things from your launcher. You put them in the DCCache folder, not the downloads. Only sims3packs go there.

I did that, it worked but I wanted to started over, so I redownloaded sims3packs , only what I wanted.

Try this, and see if this helps. It should be as simple as putting the .dbc (your downloaded sims3packs) and .edc (ea stuff sims3packs) back in the DCCache folder.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=392494

PostSubject: Re: Launcher Downloads   April 7th 2012, 12:32 pm

Life Saver KosmoK!!!! Been working with it this morning and it works like a charm. I hadn't realized how much of a cc junkie I had become Smile

I'll have to give a check into converting the sims3packs into pkg files, had heard something about it but never checked into it. All my cc are sims3packs and go to the launcher except for a few. Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
KosmoKhaos

Top Poster :
Featured Artist :
Virgo
Comments : ♥Look into my eyes♥
♥Its where my demons hide♥
♥It's where my demons hide♥

PostSubject: Re: Launcher Downloads   April 7th 2012, 6:54 pm

◕‿◕ ♡♥ your welcome!
Back to top Go down
Sleepy-Genius
Graphic Designer

Donor/$upporter :
Top Poster :
Pisces
Comments : Sometimes you need help to get out of that cement of shyness. That is why God made jackhammers!! *drills*

PostSubject: Re: Launcher Downloads   April 7th 2012, 7:20 pm

Oh sorry. My advice didn't help I realize. I read your post wrong. lol

Sagittarius

PostSubject: Re: Launcher Downloads   April 7th 2012, 8:41 pm

If this helps, what I do is put all my downloaded CC in the Sims 3 "Downloads" folder. I open up the Sims 3 Launcher, and check mark all items that have yet to be installed. Once all items are checked marked, I click the "install" button:) Ta Da! lol Goes a lot faster than installing one by one:)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Launcher Downloads   Today at 6:13 pm

Back to top Go down

Launcher Downloads

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Welcome :: Tech & Game Support-
Create a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum