Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

Looking to upload a sim. Can I have some tips?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ParanormalCherry
ParanormalCherry

Taurus
Comments : ~ Spones all the way across the sky ~ ST slash shipper and everything is beautiful.

Looking to upload a sim. Can I have some tips? Vide
PostSubject: Looking to upload a sim. Can I have some tips?   Looking to upload a sim. Can I have some tips? I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2012, 10:10 pm

I have two sims that I want to upload because I have just fallen in love with their personalities and they're rather beautiful too, but I don't know where to start in uploading them. I've read the rules, got them down in my head, I just need some suggestions when uploading such as how to display my sims outfits and how to find what names of the custom content I'm using on them (since most of them are unnamed and such).
Thank you very much.
I've been meaning to contribute to the sims community for quite some time yet I never really knew how to start.
Back to top Go down
dachshundsr4me
dachshundsr4me

Featured Artist : Looking to upload a sim. Can I have some tips? Badge-1-1
Virgo

PostSubject: Re: Looking to upload a sim. Can I have some tips?   Looking to upload a sim. Can I have some tips? I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2012, 10:53 pm

I use Sims3updates.com to find out what certain CC i am using. I tend to stick with certain CC creators that do label due to this fact...do the best you can and just state that thanks to whomever you may have missed. As far as pictures ... I look at it this way....i want folks to want my sims more so then the clothes they are wearing...so i tend to stick to facial shots and one body shot picture....

http://www.cstylessims3forum.com/t3371-chrissy

Examples of one of my sims can be seen at link above....

Turn up your graphics in your game to high detail on the sims. This is found under the options menu in the main menu on your game. You will have to restart your game afterwards.

If you think you are close enough to your sims picture wise then you need to get even closer. Closer is best....and then get even closer....

Your gonna need these three mods in game for the camera to take great pictures:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=388734
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=387597
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=345987

I use black backgrounds on my sims since i think its more dramatic as far as effects...I make a room and either use an all white walls or all black walls...

Using a paint program edit your pictures to be 600x600 pixels...I make a blank 600x600 square then copy and paste the screen pics on top of it to insure i am not distorting my pictures by trying to make them fit or trying to cut out a square and its not and then resizing to a square size and it messes up the picture by distorting it.

Good luck and i cant wait to see what you come up with....remember closer and then even closer....the closer to the sim the better.
Back to top Go down
ParanormalCherry
ParanormalCherry

Taurus
Comments : ~ Spones all the way across the sky ~ ST slash shipper and everything is beautiful.

PostSubject: Re: Looking to upload a sim. Can I have some tips?   Looking to upload a sim. Can I have some tips? I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2012, 1:22 am

Thank you so much for the helpful information! I really, really appreciate it. Hopefully I will have my sims up soon using the help you have offered. Thank you again!

Edit: I have tried to get on sims3updates.com yet it comes up as a white page with multiple links and, quite frankly no way to navigate it. Here is a screenshot.
Looking to upload a sim. Can I have some tips? Gbtfhg10

Edit2: Nevermind I stopped being lazy and did a quick google search revealing that it's .net. Rolling Eyes I swear I am an idiot xD
Back to top Go down
Vanity Sims
Vanity Sims

Top Poster : Looking to upload a sim. Can I have some tips? Topposter
Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Looking to upload a sim. Can I have some tips?   Looking to upload a sim. Can I have some tips? I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2012, 1:42 am

I never knew about the camera mods, so this helped me too. Thank you Dachs !
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Looking to upload a sim. Can I have some tips?   Looking to upload a sim. Can I have some tips? I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2012, 11:18 am

^ http://www.sims3updates.net/ is the correct address. Smile

Dachs tips are great, I'm excited to see your sims!

Back to top Go down
dachshundsr4me
dachshundsr4me

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: Looking to upload a sim. Can I have some tips?   Looking to upload a sim. Can I have some tips? I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2012, 12:07 pm

http://www.sims3updates.net/

Sorry its .net.....Razz Anyhow i use that site to look up hair and such...it takes a while...You know do the best you can and that is all anyone can ask of you...at least you are trying to link to the CC...i have seen many on here just say...Thanks to LL, Tifa, NewSea, and such and such....and then thank that is good enough....and it isn't. That tells no one what lipstick was used...what hairstyle was used...etc...At least try to locate the hair and skintone...the makeup folks can always in CAS change that...but if you don't have that skintone...then you have blackskined skin where the skintone is missing and or hair that is like you never know what EA will replace it with. If i am gonna do that folks might as well just go to their bin and pick a sim because basically that is what you have left them with.

I do try to remember that the eyes are the windows into their souls....so when i create a sim i try to always make the eyes special. I tend to use default eyes now because i like to use AWT's sliders for the eyes plus i know that when folks download my sims...the sim will have the default eyes that they prefer. Also you should link to whatever slider hacks you have used or package all of them up and keep them in a file like i do so folks know that the sliders are found...without the sliders in their game my sims will revert back to pudding faced sims. The sliders i believe are the gold of all the CC because our sims would look horrid without them.

Sorry i am chatty today...been up since 2 am delivering a litter of pups...not much sleep last night.

Anyway if you have any other ??'s i will be sure to watch this thread and try to help answer them.
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Looking to upload a sim. Can I have some tips?   Looking to upload a sim. Can I have some tips? I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2012, 12:42 pm

I second that about providing as many links to the CC as you can. Obviously, it can get difficult to track things down - but in addition to wanting to provide the ability to have the sim appear exactly as pictured, I think it's another way of really crediting all of these awesome creators. They take the time to create for the community, so I think it's courteous to provide proper credit. Smile

Without the mountains of wonderful CC that we're able to download our sims would certainly look different.

Puppies!!! <3
Back to top Go down
dachshundsr4me
dachshundsr4me

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: Looking to upload a sim. Can I have some tips?   Looking to upload a sim. Can I have some tips? I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2012, 12:58 pm

Once you get use to crediting CC you will find that you are more aware of what you are downloading and you take note of the hairs and such as to who makes what. It wont be at first...i think the first sim i ever uploaded....it took me hours to get the CC links. Now that i know where to look i can usually get all the CC links in about an hour. Still uploading a sim takes me about 4 hours to do. Between taking the pictures and linking the CC...it is a lot of work too.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Top Poster : Looking to upload a sim. Can I have some tips? Topposter
Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: Looking to upload a sim. Can I have some tips?   Looking to upload a sim. Can I have some tips? I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2012, 5:29 pm

Hence my reason for taking FOREVER sometimes to upload a sim!! It takes me about that same amount of time also Dach, I take so many pics and then I have to go through them all to pick a few to show. Like you also, I like to have a nice presentation of my sims...so...it takes a bit of time. Thanks for helping Dach!!
Back to top Go down
dachshundsr4me
dachshundsr4me

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: Looking to upload a sim. Can I have some tips?   Looking to upload a sim. Can I have some tips? I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2012, 6:22 pm

cecesaun1 wrote:
Thanks for helping Dach!!

Not a problem Cece...you caught me either on a good mood day or a too tired day to say why the heck are you typing so darn much....lol.
Back to top Go down
ParanormalCherry
ParanormalCherry

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Looking to upload a sim. Can I have some tips?   Looking to upload a sim. Can I have some tips? I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2012, 4:20 am

Thank you for all the tips, guys! It's much appreciated and I definitely will have a complete list of CC. Maybe not today because I have stuff to do with college but I am working on it little by little! Also, I have a question on how to package a sim. As you may already know if you've downloaded my sims they're in sims3pack form. Is there a more efficient and accurate way to pack a sim so everything is included and you don't get the gray skin?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking to upload a sim. Can I have some tips?   Looking to upload a sim. Can I have some tips? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking to upload a sim. Can I have some tips?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Discussions :: Sims General Discussion-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com