Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KosmoKhaos
KosmoKhaos

Top Poster : DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!! Topposter
Featured Artist : DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!! Badge-1-1
Virgo
Comments : ♥️Look into my eyes♥️
♥️Its where my demons hide♥️
♥️It's where my demons hide♥️

DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!! Vide
PostSubject: DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!!   DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 24th 2012, 12:43 am

Creator Juliana has recently posted about a site called Down Sims that has been stealing creations from big name creators such as herself, IN3S, DarkoSims, NyGirl, Anubis, #Awt and many more. They have been taking creations and reuploading them as their own and getting money for it! You can find the original post By Juliana HERE

DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!! 01DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!! 09DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!! 02DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!! 07DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!! 06
Back to top Go down
Vanity Sims
Vanity Sims

Top Poster : DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!! Topposter
Taurus

PostSubject: Re: DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!!   DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 24th 2012, 2:17 am

WOW ! The nerve of some people Annoyed I guess people will do anything to make money.
They even have full EPs up for download ! Isn't that illegal? Can't that be reported to EA & maybe their site can get seized or something?
Back to top Go down
julianafraga29
VIP Member
julianafraga29

Featured Artist : DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!! Badge-1-1
Gemini

PostSubject: Re: DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!!   DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 24th 2012, 3:26 am

Sorry, I'm so dumb Embarassed
I tried to find a way to report them to EA, but I couldn't find...
How we can make this?
Back to top Go down
Sleepy-Genius
Graphic Designer
Sleepy-Genius

Donor/$upporter : DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!! Th_banner
Pisces
Comments : Sometimes you need help to get out of that cement of shyness. That is why God made jackhammers!! *drills*

PostSubject: Re: DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!!   DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 24th 2012, 3:30 am

wtf *NEW* is wrong with people? Don't they understand that if something looks bad, it is, well, bad.... ???
Back to top Go down
KosmoKhaos
KosmoKhaos

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!!   DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 24th 2012, 3:31 am

I'm sorry to say this but EA wouldn't be able to help you. Technically they aren't violating any of EA's terms. They are only stealing creations from custom content creators and not from them. Sad...
Back to top Go down
Vanity Sims
Vanity Sims

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!!   DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 24th 2012, 3:34 am

I went to the EA website & here there's an e-mail & fax to contact the copyright agent. But that's a LONG process & my tired eyes don't feel like reading it all lol. Also it says," If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied...". The Sims 3 is not our work. It's whoever made it.
But, If you want to look over that, you can.

Last edited by Vanity Sims on June 24th 2012, 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vanity Sims
Vanity Sims

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!!   DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 24th 2012, 3:35 am

KosmoKhaos wrote:
I'm sorry to say this but EA wouldn't be able to help you. Technically they aren't violating any of EA's terms. They are only stealing creations from custom content creators and not from them. Sad...

But it's just not CC, they have full/complete EPs & SPs up for download.
Back to top Go down
KosmoKhaos
KosmoKhaos

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!!   DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 24th 2012, 3:41 am

Other pirated sites have full expansion and stuff packs for downloads too but they aren't putting them up for pay. This has happened before and usually EA can't do anything about it. You could report it and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
julianafraga29
VIP Member
julianafraga29

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!!   DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 24th 2012, 3:41 am

I know I can not complain about the content I publish, because it belongs in every way to EA.
But as Vanity said, I think we can report them for piracy, or not?
Back to top Go down
Vanity Sims
Vanity Sims

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!!   DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 24th 2012, 3:49 am

Why can't EA do anything about it? I mean wouldn't they be more mad that someone is putting their games that are suppose to be paid for up for free?
Back to top Go down
KosmoKhaos
KosmoKhaos

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!!   DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 24th 2012, 3:56 am

Vanity Sims wrote:
Why can't EA do anything about it? I mean wouldn't they be more mad that someone is putting their games that are suppose to be paid for up for free?

Well even with sites like the sims resource EA doesn't usually do anything about it. Like I said you can report it and see if that will help. But then its like reporting other sites that put up EA content for free also.
Back to top Go down
Vanity Sims
Vanity Sims

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!!   DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 24th 2012, 4:03 am

Okay, I understand what you're saying.
Back to top Go down
annieover
VIP Member
annieover

Sagittarius

PostSubject: Re: DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!!   DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 24th 2012, 1:37 pm

You can't.....or at least I can't..... Sad... Sad...

I actually caught a lady stealing Sims 2 items, and re-uploading them to IMVU.com as her own! I contacted Electronic Arts immediately about it, and they said in not so many words, "So What"?

Disgusting how the world works, but whatever......hopefully maybe they will listen to you:)
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!!   DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 24th 2012, 5:23 pm

Well isn't this just the monkey smelling somebodies hairy nuts!!!!! I TOTALLY HATE when people thieve others work!!!! I'd say the best we can do is just totally spread the word. Spread this on every site you can, facebook ask other bloggers if they will post what this site is doing. It totally hits me in the gut when I see stuff like this happen!!! Create your own stuff and stop stealing others hard work!!!! I just don't get people like this. I am going to run this on every forum post here for a couple of days so it will get more attention. Creator's, when you make an item, post somewhere on it the date, year, time...everything that you created and then the same when you posted. THIS will be your proof of the theft. I am so very sorry that people like this have no conscious whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!!   DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 24th 2012, 5:37 pm

Ok...I'm a little more calm...I just visited the site and it doesn't look like they are saying they are 'their' actual creations, what I do see however is they are not linking back to the original creators! They are offering up these creations and just giving the download link direct from their site.

What you can do is notify mediafire and any other hosting site about their shenanigans and they will ban them from using their site.

Also, has anyone contacted this site to tell them what they are doing?

Just wondering? I'm not going to run this on every forum post here on Cstyles like I stated above, I DO see that they have taken credit for Peggy's hair but everything else seems to show who the original creator is, just minus their specific blogs. Which is still NOT cool and needs to be corrected.

Keep us posted please.
Back to top Go down
KosmoKhaos
KosmoKhaos

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!!   DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 24th 2012, 5:42 pm

If you look at Juliana's original post it seems she has contacted people and someone from the site commented about jow they didn't know and will take the posts down as creators ask. Apparently other people post the stuff up and they lose control of what they post....
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Tech Support : DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!! Os51eg
Leo

PostSubject: Re: DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!!   DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 24th 2012, 5:53 pm

bigcry This is SOOO wrong !! nonosmilie No
Where is the respect for the work made by someone else ? Even when they don't take credit for making these creations, in most cases, they're making these creations available for download through their site (re-uploading !) AND they're trying to sell these creations as well, as I understand the downloads aren't for free.
I still think it's stealing and most creators don't like their creations uploaded somewhere else.

I can get real furious about these kind of people !! GRRRRRRR !! :cussing:*new*
I agree though, the only thing we can do is spread the word about these frauds !! Annoyed
Back to top Go down
KosmoKhaos
KosmoKhaos

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!!   DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 24th 2012, 5:59 pm

They get the money from AdFly when they reupload it to their own site. Every download will get them money overtime.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!!   DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 24th 2012, 6:25 pm

I just posted a LONG post on Juliana's blog giving my 2 cents and I fault the Administrator of Down Sims 3. If this other person is saying that they sign on everyday and basically maintain the site, then they are just following the guidelines that the Admin has set for them. I say also, that every creator that has material listed on their site should contact them and ask them to remove their content like Julz did.

It's called Respect and this site is showing NO respect for our wonderful creator's!!!!!! And to get PAID for it is just disgusting!! This is one reason that I pay to keep the ads off of Cstyles, one, it's just a pain in the butt and I don't want people upset about having to wait just to upload a creation and I think that also takes away from a site being free. I don't have Cstyles to make money off of, I have it so others can enjoy sharing and communicating with fellow simmers as I think ALL sites should do. I can however, understand the need sometimes to ask for help from time to time to be able to continue to offer these services, but never try to make a salary off of it.

I would be at fault and have to take full responsibility for anything like that if it took place on Cstyles...which it will NOT.

Ok...now I will breathe...
Back to top Go down
katink
katink

Gemini
Comments : A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
--Steve Martin

As a child my family's menu consisted of two choices: take it or leave it.
--Buddy Hackett

PostSubject: Re: DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!!   DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 24th 2012, 6:51 pm

Hopefully the other creators follow Juliana's lead and ask them to remove their content also. It's just a total lack of respect to re-upload (steal) someone else's hard work instead of linking to the creator's site.
Personally, I refuse to download anything unless it is from the creator's site because it's just common courtesy to acknowledge the person who took time out of their own lives to make our game more fun and beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!!   DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 24th 2012, 7:39 pm

I have said it before and I'm saying it again, they should be ashamed of what they're doing with other people's creations.
It is wrong, they're just making a bad name for themselves.
And, their "no copies" demand is totally RIDICULOUS Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
julianafraga29
VIP Member
julianafraga29

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!!   DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 24th 2012, 8:13 pm

Cece,
Do you know why they started putting the name of the creators in posts? Because of THIS (I'm sorry, the google translator sucks sometimes and my post was written in Portuguese).

I asked for them to put a link back to my blog, but they continued, I asked again and I was ignored.
So I decided to take this approach so that other creators can be respected.
they don't give credit to all creators, only a few.
(they are rushing to put in posts that are missing now that they have a bad reputation)
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!!   DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 24th 2012, 8:37 pm

This is so terrible and the fact that they have ignored you is repulsive. I just checked and they just posted a dress by the creator Ekinage and the link leads directly to mediafire and 4shared. They are still not listening. We need to somehow notify ever creator that has been posted on their site so they can also get involved.
Back to top Go down
katink
katink

Gemini
Comments : A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
--Steve Martin

As a child my family's menu consisted of two choices: take it or leave it.
--Buddy Hackett

PostSubject: Re: DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!!   DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 24th 2012, 9:09 pm

Just a thought, but maybe have Joe post something on MS3B? Almost everyone eventually ends up there at some point. That's the only way I can think of to notify multiple creators.
Back to top Go down
Chelsea_Summers9
Chelsea_Summers9

Taurus
Comments : "The circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant, its what you do with the gift of LIFE that determines who YOU are!"~Mewtwo, Pokemon the First Movie

PostSubject: Re: DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!!   DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!! I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2013, 3:19 am

Shocked No angry *NEW* rant 

OH I just hate it when people pull crap like this. I actually came across Downs Sims 3 on a search for dresses and other CC. Good thing I came across this post before I actually downloaded anything from them. I refuse too! swearing I'm not gonna sink to standards that low.Devil no  Here's where I thin that people who pull that shit need to be: jail 

I feel sorry for the creators whose hard work and great creations are being used by someone else who has no heart or care.Sad 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!!   DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DOWN WITH DOWNSIMS!! COPYCAT STEALING SITE! CREATORS BE WARNED!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Discussions :: Sims General Discussion-
Free forum hosting  | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com