Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MadameLee
MadameLee

Gemini

Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3 Vide
PostSubject: Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3   Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3 I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2012, 1:04 pm

I just don't get it. Why do I seem to always get attacked by people like Jarsie,etc? I get how some of my ideas are conterversy (but for some of them like the disabitlies and breastfeeding) I'm not the only one (which reminds me I need to start writing to those three wheelchair groups) who wants them. Then people claim I'm close minded. I can't help I take an opposing view of them I don't mean to attack them, but when they attack me first? I might sound rude, but that's just the way I am.
Back to top Go down
Vanity Sims
Vanity Sims

Top Poster : Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3 Topposter
Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3   Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3 I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2012, 2:47 pm

It's not fair for people to attack you. Even though you do have opposing views, people just have to deal with the fact that not everyone is going to agree with them. For not trying to see your side of it or even understand your reasoning for your decision, they're closed minded.

Where are they attacking you? Are you okay? Are they threatening you?
Back to top Go down
KosmoKhaos
KosmoKhaos

Featured Artist : Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3 Badge-1-1
Virgo
Comments : ♥️Look into my eyes♥️
♥️Its where my demons hide♥️
♥️It's where my demons hide♥️

PostSubject: Re: Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3   Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3 I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2012, 3:06 pm

Attacking you for what and where exactly?? Lol I see you're new here and I have no idea what you're talking about lol Razz
Back to top Go down
MadameLee
MadameLee

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3   Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3 I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2012, 3:47 pm

Yeah I am, fine Vanity. At Komos the current attack (I might have misinterpeted as an attack) was on thread asking why we can't be ciivilized people instead of acting like cavemen/woman on the forums. Since I thought people were attacking me on the petion I re-started for Ashaka, since her's got deleted.

But people have attacked me for:
wanting disabitlies in-game (yes I know some people do it to have a fanstay world)
wanting arranged marriage
wanting a burqa

I grew up mutli-cutural because of how my mom grew up.
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3   Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3 I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2012, 4:03 pm

It's never ok for anyone to be hostile - especially in a public setting. This is a game and I'm surprised how vicious people can be. There's nothing wrong with a healthy debate or dissenting opinions. I'm sorry if you've dealt with particularly rude/difficult/mean people. I've never posted on the official forums (though, I've definitely read through threads ), so I'm not 100% familiar with some of the people you've mentioned.

I think adding breastfeeding would be a needed and realistic addition. From what I understand Akasha's thread was deleted because of random people posting rude/offensive/inappropriate comments - so I'm guessing it's this same type of poster who's repeating the hostility towards you.

While it can be debated that the burqa is more an item of cultural significance rather than religious - the point is that it's a symbol that comes with a lot of connotations. I think any kind of religious lodestone, regardless of the true intent, really doesn't have a place in the game. I can understand that this could rouse a lot of emotions from members of the community - though it certainly doesn't warrant an attack! Sad...
Back to top Go down
MadameLee
MadameLee

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3   Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3 I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2012, 4:16 pm

Ameenah wrote:

While it can be debated that the burqa is more an item of cultural significance rather than religious - the point is that it's a symbol that comes with a lot of connotations. I think any kind of religious lodestone, regardless of the true intent, really doesn't have a place in the game. I can understand that this could rouse a lot of emotions from members of the community - though it certainly doesn't warrant an attack! Sad...

and that whole reglious nonsense in my opinion should just be blown out the door since if you look at the oringal "holiday" pack set in the store there's is a Jewish menorah. It clearly talks about Hanukkah in the description.
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3   Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3 I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2012, 4:20 pm

MadameLee wrote:
Ameenah wrote:

and that whole reglious nonsense in my opinion should just be blown out the door since if you look at the oringal "holiday" pack set in the store there's is a Jewish menorah. It clearly talks about Hanukkah in the description.

Yeah, I also noticed that.

But the burqa is definitely not a menorah. It's not even a case of having an item that's simply got religious ties to it, because the hijab is debated hotly within the Islamic community itself. EA would be stepping on so many toes here that it would be impossible to release something like this.
Back to top Go down
KosmoKhaos
KosmoKhaos

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3   Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3 I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2012, 4:36 pm

Ameenah is right about the burqa. The burqa symbolizes a lot more things than a christmas tree or a menorah does. And I doubt EA would put anything like arranged marriage in the sims 3. At least not the original base game. The sims 3 is based off modern society and arranged marriages are considered "third world". It COULD be a possibility with medieval but even it is considered very contoversal. It would be like symbolizing forcing a woman into a relationship that she doesn't agree with. I rarely hear stories of a woman being betrothed and particuarly liking it. Too much realism would cause too many problems. The sims 3 was made to be more of a fun game for all to enjoy and not follow all the rules of real life.
Back to top Go down
MadameLee
MadameLee

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3   Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3 I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2012, 4:52 pm

No offsense, but are we kind of forgotten that Sims is marketed around the globe?

I mean this is how I would set up arranged marriage in Sims 3:

Example ! (Medieval example):
The Royal house A wants their daughter in the future to marry Royal House's B son (both kids are babies). They get in touch with either an astrogler (or use the Lunar chart thingy that comes with SN) or a matchmaker (two NPCs) to see if the two houses are compatible. If they're are Royal House A goes into a contract with Royal House B. When both children are children, House B sent their kid to House A to be an NPC guest. When they are teens House's B son goes back to his parents. The two have chaperoned "evenings" together. Then (if they so wish too) in Young Adult stage they get married.

Example 2 (Sleeping Beauty example):
The house A wants their daughter in the future to marry House's B son (both kids are babies). They contact one of the NPCs to see if the two houses are compatible. If they're are contract is drawn up. The children meet at school. When they're teens their parents tell them they're bethored to each other. They again have "Chaperoned evenings" If they still wish too, when they're Young adults, they can get married.

Example 3 (Modern day example):
Both House's A daughter and House's B son are teens. They both have dated a lot of people their parents have set up for them (and said no to all of them) House A somehow finds out (friend, family member, NPC) about House B and they set up a date for the two. The two kids date for a bit and if they think they're compatible they enter into a contract to get married during the YA stage (if they so wish too).
Back to top Go down
KosmoKhaos
KosmoKhaos

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3   Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3 I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2012, 5:00 pm

Lol well then that is technically not a true arranged marriage. Being betrothed in that way means you don't have a choice in the matter. While I know that the sims is marketed around the world, it is still centered around modern society unless you get the occasional spin-off like ts3 medieval or ts2 castaway.
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Tech Support : Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3 Os51eg
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3   Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3 I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2012, 6:03 pm

Some simmers want the game to be realistic, some simmers want the game to be more of a fantasy world.
I'm in favor of at least giving the options in the game to go both ways, ALSO considering the game is distributed worldwide.
I like my simmehs to look realistic, but like them to play in a more fantasy like world, but that's just my opinion Big smile
Getting attacked for voicing ones own opinion (within the normal human rights rules / rules in the country you live in) is never a good thing, by the way !! No
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3   Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3 I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2012, 6:22 pm

^Eva, that's a perfect way of putting it!

Hehe, and I am very aware that sims is marketed around the world (we have a diverse community on this forum alone Smile )- which is exactly why maintaining a neutral common ground is so important. That's what brought the game it's initial success. That's also why religious imagery would be extremely difficult to market. Can you imagine the reception in a country like Turkey, a country with a large Muslim population, where the headscarf has been routinely banned from being worn in certain public office and universities? (Turkey has a big sims community, by the way.) What about France? Plus, I don't mean to misunderstand you - do you literally mean a burqa or niqab? Or are you simply referring to a headscarf? See, it gets complicated already. :p

In a perfect world, everyone would respect other's beliefs and customs and be wholly confident in their own practices without having to impose them on others, but we don't currently have that perfect world - and to try to expect a game to accomplish this is asking a lot.

I think your description of how arranged marriage game mechanics would work is both interesting and well thought out. However, maybe if the game play itself is improved (increased and more complex interactions between age groups) - the aspect of arranged marriage can be simulated when you play out your story.
Back to top Go down
MadameLee
MadameLee

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3   Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3 I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2012, 8:00 pm

I know how people been asking for the matchmaker and I just added a new NPC
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3   Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3 I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2012, 8:29 pm

I have to agree with most here, it would be just way too difficult to try and incorporate each countries religions, views and lifestyles into one game. The whole purpose of game play is 'we' make the game what we want it to be and how we play it out. You have some who totally LOVED the Medieval groove and others, like me...who it just didn't appeal to me. Lunar lakes, although a pretty world, it just didn't hold anything that mesmerized me into loving it like the whole sci-fi appeal as this new ep due out Supernatural. I LOVE supernatural movies, shows and books in real life but as far as game play, well...meh...that is an ep I won't be investing in, (nor hinting about gifting it to me). ;)
Cstyles does have a huge fan base that pretty much covers the entire globe. I think it's because we are a more neutral forum and welcome all that choose to join. Many on here, English is not their native tongue. I can't make Cstyles strictly one way and I can't make it so it makes everyone totally satisfied. EA is pretty much the same, they try to stay on a more neutral ground rather than making everyone, or at least trying to make every one happy.

Kind of like even the breastfeeding bid. Some will be for it, some against it. Some will view it as too personal while others will view it as a everyday standard of life. It's that way in real life except EA can make the choice themselves whether they want to include this in it's games. I doubt they will even though they woo hoo all over the play, they put homosexuality in the game, fighting, drinking, affairs and much more...there is still some very tender ground that they can cross or choose not to cross.
I play my game the way I enjoy playing it, close to real life, with realistic looking sims and a more realistic view. The only thing I have every ventured to that might seem a bit off is the Showtime part, but that is because in real life I'm not familar with it, but I'm willing to try it out in game because it does interest me.
I don't agree with you getting attacked for expressing your views, NOT at all. Sad... That kind of behaviour is totally uncalled for and the mod's need to be more on the ball with that forum than they have been in years.
Don't take things too personally on the EA forum, some people are poor pitiful nobodies that have nothing better to do than hide behind a ip address and attack others. Devil no
Back to top Go down
Akasha
VIP Member
Akasha

Donor/$upporter : Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3 Th_banner
Pisces
Comments : No comment....

PostSubject: Re: Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3   Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3 I_icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2012, 1:48 am

Yeah, people over there can be really mean for no reason. The thing about having disabilities is that it would offend a lot of people. Same thing with burqas.
Back to top Go down
MadameLee
MadameLee

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3   Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3 I_icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2012, 4:33 pm

Yes but all those people with disabitlies who want disabitlies is just to have a button in CAS to be able to create themselves. I mean I would like to desgin my one special tooth since my sim-self has 2 front centre teeth well I have 2 as 1 centre tooth and I would like to be able to decide how much hearing either ear has since last year I lost major hearing in my left ear. I like to play the fantasy world but sometimes I would want to play realistically or maybe a combo of both. For instance in one of my legacies..I had both Disney Princess Sims and their love interests and also my Real Life friends in-game.
Back to top Go down
KosmoKhaos
KosmoKhaos

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3   Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3 I_icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2012, 6:34 pm

Well...sims can't really "hear" anything can they? How would that work? Would other sims yell or talk louder at them during a conversation?
Back to top Go down
MadameLee
MadameLee

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3   Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3 I_icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2012, 7:08 pm

they might have trouble hearing the speaker and would maybe get a moodlet for an upgraded speaker?
Back to top Go down
MadameLee
MadameLee

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3   Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3 I_icon_minitimeJuly 3rd 2012, 9:38 pm

and I got attacked on Face Book for two different reasons. One was for the breast feeding thread and one was putting a petition for not going digital I made awhile ago. The same idiot "Suddenly grown up" said "I like to complain about everything"
Back to top Go down
MadameLee
MadameLee

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3   Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3 I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2012, 3:43 pm

I forgot to mention one big problem I have with threads about sims and disabitlies. People said I was a jerk or a troll because I asked if we should get rid of same-sex marriage or get rid of vampires,etc or get rid of overweight sims.

Since all of those are offensive to someone. And people thought I was homophobic when I really wasn't. I'm 100% fine with same-sex marriage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3   Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting attacked for ideas on Sims 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Discussions :: Sims General Discussion-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com