Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

(SOLVED) CC Magic help?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
trulyanna
trulyanna

Gemini

(SOLVED) CC Magic help? Vide
PostSubject: (SOLVED) CC Magic help?   (SOLVED) CC Magic help? I_icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2012, 1:45 am

I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post this, so I'm sorry if it's not.

Anyways- I have finally finished getting all of my CC together after having to redo it all. Now I'm at the point where I need to start organizing and merging it, but I've got a bit of an issue that I'm hoping you can help me with first.

I've heard wonderful things about CC Magic, and I would love to use it. However, I have a bit of a roadblock since I'm on a Mac.

My question is this... is CC Magic like a "one-and-done" thing (like Delphy's Multi-Pack Extractor) or does the game actually tap into it somehow? I can use my husbands Mac (he has Parallels) if all I need to do is use it to get the files organized, and then move the folder. However, if I cannot access the folder or if the game somehow needs it to work, then obviously that's not an option for me.

Thank you so much for your help! You guys have been wonderfully helpful and patient with me. I can't thank you enough.
Love067

Last edited by trulyanna on October 19th 2012, 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Louma
Louma

Comments : Not even your last choice!

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED) CC Magic help?   (SOLVED) CC Magic help? I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2012, 3:01 am

i never thought about that.. but what i know is you need CC magic it self to fire up the game BUT if you use the regular sims 3 icon to start the game.. your cc u organised using CC magic will still be there.. so perhaps that's possible to pick up the folders CC magic used to organise and transfere it to the mods folder.. BUT that will only apply for packages only since you'll have to use the launcher to install the sims3packs... PLUS, CC magic does more than that, it compresses the files for you to reduce the game lag.

Back to top Go down
trulyanna
trulyanna

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED) CC Magic help?   (SOLVED) CC Magic help? I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2012, 1:32 pm

I did some experimenting around and so- for others that may find this thread wondering the same thing- it is possible to do that.

I used Parallels on my husband's Mac to run CC Magic. I compressed the files together in the default folder (I was too tired to try sorting all 2,700 of them), and then moved the compressed packages (under Electronic Arts> The Sims 3 > Mods > Cache > Set) back to my computer, where they now rest under EA > Sims 3 > Mods > Packages.

So yay for that working!
Back to top Go down
Louma
Louma

Comments : Not even your last choice!

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED) CC Magic help?   (SOLVED) CC Magic help? I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2012, 2:53 pm

WOW im glade it worked Smile enjoy the fun :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED) CC Magic help?   (SOLVED) CC Magic help? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(SOLVED) CC Magic help?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Welcome :: Tech & Game Support-
Forum free | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com