Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

Viruses and Trojans

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pdxwinn
pdxwinn

Leo

Viruses and Trojans Vide
PostSubject: Viruses and Trojans   Viruses and Trojans I_icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2012, 12:22 am

Sorry if I'm not putting this in the right area.

This is just an FYI and a warning.
I downloaded from the site Ole Sims found here: http://olesmit.blogspot.com/ and, luckily, my antivirus warned me as I was installing the files that they contained trojans. Please take care who and where you download from. I highly suggest not downloading anything from Ole Sims.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Top Poster : Viruses and Trojans Topposter
Featured Artist : Viruses and Trojans Badge-1-1
Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

Viruses and Trojans Vide
PostSubject: Re: Viruses and Trojans   Viruses and Trojans I_icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2012, 3:24 am

Thank you so very much for this information!! I will make this a sticky post so others can see it and it doesn't get lost!!
Back to top Go down
navetsea
navetsea

Scorpio

Viruses and Trojans Vide
PostSubject: Re: Viruses and Trojans   Viruses and Trojans I_icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2012, 4:38 am

maybe it would be kind to contact the site owner to let them know about this problem maybe they don't aware that their pc has viruses too
Back to top Go down
pdxwinn
pdxwinn

Leo

Viruses and Trojans Vide
PostSubject: Re: Viruses and Trojans   Viruses and Trojans I_icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2012, 2:45 pm

Good point Navetsea.
I just got home from work. I'll see if I can contact the site owner as soon as I'm settled in.

Edited: The site owner responded to my post to his page and I emailed him/ her. I'm still waiting for a response.
Back to top Go down
pdxwinn
pdxwinn

Leo

Viruses and Trojans Vide
PostSubject: Re: Viruses and Trojans   Viruses and Trojans I_icon_minitimeJanuary 2nd 2013, 4:32 pm

Well, I emailed the site owner 3 days ago and I have yet to get a response. It may just be because it's over the holiday or, more likely, since they are his/ her sims - the trojan was put in on purpose.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Top Poster : Viruses and Trojans Topposter
Featured Artist : Viruses and Trojans Badge-1-1
Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

Viruses and Trojans Vide
PostSubject: Re: Viruses and Trojans   Viruses and Trojans I_icon_minitimeJanuary 2nd 2013, 10:37 pm

I hope they get it fixed. That was a great suggestion Nav and very nice of pdx to follow through and contact the owner of the site! hiho
Back to top Go down
pdxwinn
pdxwinn

Leo

Viruses and Trojans Vide
PostSubject: Re: Viruses and Trojans   Viruses and Trojans I_icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2013, 3:17 am

Ok, I finally received an email back. This is it:

Ole smit:
"Hi, my sims archives do not contain trojans, as well as my PC. I don't know who create viruses and what are the ways to find their invasion of the computers, but my sims here certainly not to blame, as I check out, and even scanned the program Eset Nod32."

~ I don't know much about viruses or trojans but that site was the only one I had downloaded from that day - I've checked my pc history to make sure - so, he can claim whatever he wants. There is next to no chance the trojan came from somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Viruses and Trojans Vide
PostSubject: Re: Viruses and Trojans   Viruses and Trojans I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Viruses and Trojans

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Discussions :: Sims General Discussion-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com