Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

Patch 1.48

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ameenah
VIP Member

Patch 1.48 Vide
PostSubject: Patch 1.48   Patch 1.48 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2013, 1:07 pm

Another tiny patch is out, this one appears to be even smaller than the last, and was released to fix a few glitches that surfaced with the new 70s, 80s, 90s SP. The patch also corrects a translation issue with Korean, Chinese and Japanese texts.

I'll update this post with links to updated core mods as they become available. For now, wait to patch unless you play without core mods!

If you have trouble with the launcher and/or Origin, both the super patch and the incremental patch can be downloaded from SimsVip here: http://simsvip.com/2013/01/22/sims-3-game-update-1-48-12213/

*EDIT*
So, Twallan and several other modders have confirmed that the Gameplay.exe actually has no changes, so for those needing to patch because they got the Stuff Pack, ALL mods, including core mods, compatible with 1.47 are compatible with 1.48. Smile This was literally an "emergency" patch.

Last edited by Ameenah on February 19th 2013, 2:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Top Poster : Patch 1.48 Topposter
Featured Artist : Patch 1.48 Badge-1-1
Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

Patch 1.48 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.48   Patch 1.48 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2013, 4:57 pm

Thanks Ameenah!! Was the 1.47 the super patch? It seriously downloaded like it. And...I JUST updated last night! smh...go figure! :doh:*new*
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

Patch 1.48 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.48   Patch 1.48 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2013, 5:18 pm

I know right! I feel like I blink, and bam! there's another patch.

1.47 was a bigger patch than this (1.48), and it fixed some bugs with the basegame (using the telescope, etc). The Super Patch that SimsVIP uploads is basically every patch that has been released combined into one (that's why the file size is so huge) - if you download the patch regularly through the launcher, you get an incremental patch.

Sometimes though, certain players download the incremental patch through the launcher and experience bugs - perhaps from a bad download. For a while, Origin hasn't played well with Macs, either. That's why some people download the SuperPatch - as it apparently fixes these bugs. I've just been downloading the patches normally through Origin, and haven't had problems with patching thus far. It's nice to know that SimsVIP has a back-up option though! ;D
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Tech Support : Patch 1.48 Os51eg
Leo

Patch 1.48 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.48   Patch 1.48 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2013, 6:03 pm

Thanks Ameenah!! I'm not sure if I'm gonna do the update, as I'm not sure if I'm gonna buy the 70s, 80s, 90s SP.
I might still buy the SP (and patch), but maybe when the new University EP is released. Might skip this one, as there's no real need if you haven't got the 70s, 80s, 90s SP installed, me thinks Smile
Back to top Go down
SellaSu
BANNED
BANNED

Scorpio

Patch 1.48 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.48   Patch 1.48 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2013, 6:46 pm

Big smile omg again a new patch ? pale
Back to top Go down
Sleepy-Genius
Graphic Designer
Sleepy-Genius

Donor/$upporter : Patch 1.48 Th_banner
Pisces
Comments : Sometimes you need help to get out of that cement of shyness. That is why God made jackhammers!! *drills*

Patch 1.48 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.48   Patch 1.48 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2013, 9:04 pm

*sigh*

brick

I still haved updated to 1.47 yet.
Back to top Go down
Eden777
Eden777

Aquarius

Patch 1.48 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.48   Patch 1.48 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2013, 9:44 pm

I don't feel like updating my Nraas files, so hope I can get away without downloading this patch. Not interested in the 70s, 80s, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy-Genius
Graphic Designer
Sleepy-Genius

Pisces
Comments : Sometimes you need help to get out of that cement of shyness. That is why God made jackhammers!! *drills*

Patch 1.48 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.48   Patch 1.48 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2013, 10:03 pm

I'm staying until University. I can wait.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

Patch 1.48 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.48   Patch 1.48 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2013, 11:23 pm

Well...like I mentioned...I just updated last night to the 1.47...and now another one! watch out *NEW* It didn't mention anything about making the Season ep work better. I wonder if it still causing a butt load of problems? I may try to install it again this week and see how it plays. *fingers crossed* I finally may get to play!! Yayz!!

So Ameenah...what do you mean when you say those that download via the launcher or Origin only get an incremented version of the patch. Are you saying just part of the overall patch? I'm a bit confuzzled on this.

I like downloading my patches patch by patch...I haven't had any problems updating this way...*knock on wood*!! hiho

I don't think I will do this latest update though...I will not be buying the new ep and like you others...I prefer to wait on University!! happy *NEW*
Back to top Go down
katink
katink

Gemini
Comments : A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
--Steve Martin

As a child my family's menu consisted of two choices: take it or leave it.
--Buddy Hackett

Patch 1.48 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.48   Patch 1.48 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2013, 11:45 pm

Geez...I haven't even updated to patch 1.47 yet. I will get there eventually, but I probably won't get 70's, 80's, & 90's SP anyway, so I'm just taking my time. Tease
Back to top Go down
BleedingRose
VIP Member
BleedingRose

Aries
Comments : I'm married and have 2 grown kids. I enjoy creating Sims and playing the game. Thank you C style for letting me share my Sims here and for being a wonderful friends to me!

Patch 1.48 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.48   Patch 1.48 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2013, 12:17 am

I can't wait for university EP!!!! dancing Thanks for the update Maeenah! Is that you on your avatar? I was just wondering cause I think it's you! lol Hugs xoxo Love067 Love067 hiho Love067
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

Patch 1.48 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.48   Patch 1.48 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2013, 1:42 am

Yes that is Ameenah...isn't she gorgeous!!! hiho
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

Patch 1.48 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.48   Patch 1.48 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2013, 1:56 am

Thank you CeCe! :D

Like you guys, I'll probably be skipping this patch - who knows if they'll release the University patch super early, or even release another before then. I didn't get the SP, though I kind of embarrassingly want it just for the added music genres. -___-

cecesaun1 wrote:
Well...like I mentioned...I just updated last night to the 1.47...and now another one! watch out *NEW* It didn't mention anything about making the Season ep work better.

1.47 was also a *tiny* patch, but it did fix three issues in the Base Game that flared up after Seasons was released/with Patch 1.42, from the patch notes:
- Fixed an issue where Sims could not get married.
- Fixed an issue where Sims could not use the telescope.
- Fixed an issue where Sims could not collect space rocks.

However, there are still dozens of bugs they have not addressed, which is why pretty much every tuning mod out there didn't have to be updated. I'm hoping we eventually get these issues patched, I don't mind updating my game as long as they fix something, but we all know how that goes...:O

The fixes from 1.47-1.48 for Seasons and Supernatural were translation fixes for Asian players - for some reason, a lot of the text for careers/objects/interactions specific to those EPs were mistakenly in English instead of Korean, Chinese, Japanese. 1.47 fixed some of these issues, and I believe they corrected the rest of them with 1.48. So those of us using playing in another language wouldn't notice any changes.

cecesaun1 wrote:

So Ameenah...what do you mean when you say those that download via the launcher or Origin only get an incremented version of the patch. Are you saying just part of the overall patch? I'm a bit confuzzled on this.

I like downloading my patches patch by patch...I haven't had any problems updating this way...*knock on wood*!! hiho

Eep, I'm sorry, I am confusing sometimes. If you download patch by patch through the launcher you are incrementally patching. You update from 1.42, to 1.47, etc. Some people avoid the launcher or experience issues with it, many people who play the game on Macs can't use the launcher to download patches *at all* - so the incremental patches can also be downloaded from sites externally, like SimsVIP.

The "Super Patch" is also released with each update, and it contains *all* patches to date. So, a player downloading the Super Patch today would download a file with everything from patch 1-1.48. That's why the file is pretty large, over 1 GB. Sometimes, incrementally patching does not work. This has never happened to me, but I've read about it happening to other users. Sometimes, a patch, or a previous patch doesn't install correctly - and users download the Super Patch to "fill in the gaps" - if that makes any sense? Files that escaped being updated with a previous patch that installed incorrectly would hopefully be corrected. Or at least, that's my understanding of it.

I'm sorry if I ended up being even more confusing. (It's late here, hehe) X___X There's a lot more info about patching and patching bugs on Crinricts site/Sims VIP/The Officials, but there's no need to look into it unless you actually experience problems patching.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Patch 1.48 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Patch 1.48   Patch 1.48 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Patch 1.48

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Welcome :: Tech & Game Support-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com