Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

Review of Aurora Skies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eden777
Eden777

Aquarius

Review of  Aurora Skies Vide
PostSubject: Review of Aurora Skies   Review of  Aurora Skies I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2013, 8:40 pm

Maybe it's just me, but I'm sort of underwhelmed with Aurora Skies. I went on YouTube to see if there were any vids about it and came across this guy's:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TonSRljY4jg

He's totally cracking me up. laughing
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Review of Aurora Skies   Review of  Aurora Skies I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2013, 8:24 am

I love LGR! There are some things I really like about the world - the normal hairstyles and few clothing conversions are pretty nice, and I like the furniture quite a bit. However, there are some bugs that persist because of the land elevation, particularly with snow - which is sad, because I see it as a "wintery" world. I'm also with crowd disappointment over the hot air balloons.

I extracted what I wanted (clothes, hair) and I'm installing it in package form - and for that, I'm very grateful it was shared <3. I loved the aurora effect, but Buhudain has already extracted and enhanced the effect and included it in his Lighting 5.5 Gold tweaks (and I use his lighting mods anyway).

I personally think Saaqartoq is a lot nicer - and the Rabbit Holes and objects from Aurora Skies could actually just be used here.
Back to top Go down
SellaSu
BANNED
BANNED

Featured Artist : Review of  Aurora Skies Badge-1-1
Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Review of Aurora Skies   Review of  Aurora Skies I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2013, 4:13 pm

Yep i love LGR too he is so funny ;)

ohw Ameenah i am in autumn in Aurora Skie so in wintertime there will be some trouble ? ;) gonna look for it, and Buhudain new gold i love too much Love067

I follow the LPS from Sweetnightingale

and also

TheQuxxn

Love067 dancingbanana Love067
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Review of Aurora Skies   Review of  Aurora Skies I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2013, 5:03 pm

I love Quxxn! :D I haven't seen the other simmer you mentioned, though, so I definitely will check their videos out!

As for the snow bug - basically, because the world sits very close to the water/has low elevation, when it snows, you'll see squares and strange textures where the original terrain will always show even in deep snow. It doesn't effect the whole world - some lots look fine, whereas others will look very patchy/stripey. I think Sunlit Tides has a similar problem, but it's not really noticeable here unless of course you play the island in winter time. It's not actually so much a problem with the world itself as it is a problem with the game's coding. Hopefully they will fix it in a coming patch. Smile However, the "glitch" is only a visual problem - it won't make your game lag/corrupt or anything like that, so it's not a huge huge deal.

Back to top Go down
pdxwinn
pdxwinn

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Review of Aurora Skies   Review of  Aurora Skies I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2013, 1:28 am

I am completely unimpressed with Aurora Skies - pretty much everything about it. I'll admit right off that I had doubts before I bought it just from the preview pics. I bought it because of the hot air balloon and that turned out to be a major letdown.

IMO - EA is producing more and more crap and not caring if it's crap. Their hairs and clothes have always sucked and now they are throwing crap worlds out. I don't get it; there is some brilliantly made custom content out there - eyes, worlds, hairs, clothes not to mention the array of things mod creators have done for our games. Why can't EA produce or add some decent options to their game? I mean, it is their game afterall - shouldn't they be the ones that produce the best stuff for it? Why are 3rd party CC makers doing their work for them? EA should be paying them.

angry *NEW* gah Smiley-angry 2

FFS!!

Sorry for the rant. . . . . . I didn't see that coming. pale
Back to top Go down
katink
katink

Top Poster : Review of  Aurora Skies Topposter
Gemini
Comments : A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
--Steve Martin

As a child my family's menu consisted of two choices: take it or leave it.
--Buddy Hackett

PostSubject: Re: Review of Aurora Skies   Review of  Aurora Skies I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2013, 2:02 am

I was so impressed with Aurora Skies that I already deleted it. The hot air balloon was a major letdown and although the walker and playpen were cute at first, the thrill didn't last very long. I'll stick with Sunlit Tides, once again.

The video was so hilarious. laughing
Back to top Go down
pdxwinn
pdxwinn

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Review of Aurora Skies   Review of  Aurora Skies I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2013, 3:59 am

I saw a mod for getting the skies from Aurora Skies in to other worlds - have any of you seen this? And, if so, where was it?
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Review of Aurora Skies   Review of  Aurora Skies I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2013, 8:27 am

Buhudain released several.

Here's the original, but he tweaked the aurora:
http://mahamudosim3.blogspot.tw/2013/02/aurora-skies-original-lighting-modified.html

And then he worked a completely revamped aurora into his current lighting mod here:
http://mahamudosim3.blogspot.tw/2013/01/environment-lighting-tweaks-v50-gold.html

And BrntWaffles on Tumblr has been mixing Buhudain's lighting with other EA worlds (Including Aurora Skies)/Awesim's lighting, they have a few different lighting mods available:
http://brntwaffles.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
pdxwinn
pdxwinn

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Review of Aurora Skies   Review of  Aurora Skies I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2013, 2:13 pm

Ameenah - you are awesome.
Thank you! Smile

I love Buhudains version but he says to install like any other environmenta and lighting mod - what does that mean? Do you know how to install them?
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Review of Aurora Skies   Review of  Aurora Skies I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2013, 4:10 pm

You're welcome!

You just install lighting mods by dropping them into your Mods/Packages folder.

If you're using the 5.6 Tweaks, Buhudain actually split up the lighting into 4 different files so you can pick and choose exactly what you want. I think the folders are: Color, Weather, Dynamic Shadow, and Lighting. You would select one package from each of these areas to install.

It's a global override, so every world (EA and Custom included) will now use this lighting.
Back to top Go down
pdxwinn
pdxwinn

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Review of Aurora Skies   Review of  Aurora Skies I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2013, 4:25 pm

Ameenah wrote:
You're welcome!

You just install lighting mods by dropping them into your Mods/Packages folder.

If you're using the 5.6 Tweaks, Buhudain actually split up the lighting into 4 different files so you can pick and choose exactly what you want. I think the folders are: Color, Weather, Dynamic Shadow, and Lighting. You would select one package from each of these areas to install.

It's a global override, so every world (EA and Custom included) will now use this lighting.

Ok, I suspected that would be the answer but after having to alter a game file to take better pics I figured I'd better ask.

You are just a wealth of knowledge and help. Thank you! Love067
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Review of Aurora Skies   Review of  Aurora Skies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Review of Aurora Skies

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Discussions :: Sims General Discussion-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com