Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

"Infected" Pattern Overwriting the Others

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
eHoney7
eHoney7

Taurus

"Infected" Pattern Overwriting the Others Vide
PostSubject: "Infected" Pattern Overwriting the Others   "Infected" Pattern Overwriting the Others I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2013, 4:11 pm

Hey all, please help if you can. I have a bad pattern, and I can't find it anywhere. Originally, the "infected" pattern was not the brick one in the photos, it was a blue damask pattern. I found and deleted it, thinking my game would be fine, but when I restarted, now it seems this brick pattern is doing the same thing- it's overwriting the other patterns in all categories, but especially the "Misc" one. None of my townies are walking around with brick clothing, but none of my downloaded patterns are there either.

Thus far, I have gone through my entire package folder with Delphy's too and S3PE. I've gone through my entire DCCache tool using Crinrinct's method. I've gone through my entire downloads folder with Custard. I've even gone through my entire DCBackup folder to no avail. I also double-checked all downloaded lots, clothing and sims with TSR's launcher (it shows all files in a given Sims3Pack and shows any attached .png files/packages/ and pictures of the file). I tried playing with my "SavedSims" folder removed, and the problem was still there. I cannot find the offending pattern.

My gameplay has not been affected or slowed down, but I would like more variation in CAS. It is not affecting patterns that came with the game it seems, only other CC ones.

TIA for any help!

"Infected" Pattern Overwriting the Others 2usk02h

"Infected" Pattern Overwriting the Others Pwtvs
Back to top Go down
Eden777
Eden777

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: "Infected" Pattern Overwriting the Others   "Infected" Pattern Overwriting the Others I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2013, 6:53 pm

Do you save your patterns as package files? I've found they don't install correctly unless I install them via the Launcher.
Back to top Go down
eHoney7
eHoney7

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: "Infected" Pattern Overwriting the Others   "Infected" Pattern Overwriting the Others I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2013, 8:07 pm

I don't I have no idea what it could be. I only download patterns as S3P's because of experiences I've had with them as packages. No
Back to top Go down
mamx

Top Poster : "Infected" Pattern Overwriting the Others Topposter
Libra
Comments : adult living in canada

PostSubject: Re: "Infected" Pattern Overwriting the Others   "Infected" Pattern Overwriting the Others I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2013, 8:33 pm

when we save in cas our clothes in diff patterns it get saved in the userpreset in the sims folder. but if oen get rid of that you lose all the other u made too. good idea to back that thing up once in a while. try taking that out temporarly to see what happens?to over take other files sound like it a default but that sound very weird
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Featured Artist : "Infected" Pattern Overwriting the Others Badge-1-1
Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: "Infected" Pattern Overwriting the Others   "Infected" Pattern Overwriting the Others I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2013, 11:08 pm

I have never seen a pattern do this before! Just completely take over... Do you remember when this first started happening? If you can remember that date, do you save your game as...:save as: or just plain save. If you can remember when you started seeing the problem, I'd go back and pull up all things you downloaded into your game in or around that time, place it on your desktop, boot up your game and see if the problem is still there.

If the problem is gone, then one by one, or at least little by little start to put back the removed cc, stopping and booting up your game after each piece you put back in your game to see if shows up again.

Another way could be, just go back to the date that you first noticed the problem, go back one more before that save and play that save. See if the problem is showing up in your old saved game. If it does, try going back one more, if it still shows up, I'm lost after that. If it doesn't show up in the save, you may have to just delete the more recent saves, lose some gameplay and progress, but it's the easiest solution.

I will see if I can find any information on this problem and post it in this link.
Back to top Go down
Mysims
Mysims

Comments : Um what do I put here? I'm Canadian, Yes, it's cold here. I love the Sims and I'm fairly awkward. Could you tell?

PostSubject: Re: "Infected" Pattern Overwriting the Others   "Infected" Pattern Overwriting the Others I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2013, 7:15 pm

Do you use cc magic? This happened to me when I installed a house through the launcher and the house had custom patterns and cc magic doesn't handle patterns properly.

I don't know how to get rid of it, I'm sorry. But I have that exact thing in fabrics in my cas.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: "Infected" Pattern Overwriting the Others   "Infected" Pattern Overwriting the Others I_icon_minitimeMay 10th 2013, 12:17 am

Yikes!! You have the same exact pattern?!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
ice1
ice1

Aquarius
Comments : "If you want your life to be a magnificent story, then begin by realising that you are the author and every day you have the oportunity to write a new page" Mark Houlahan

PostSubject: Re: "Infected" Pattern Overwriting the Others   "Infected" Pattern Overwriting the Others I_icon_minitimeMay 10th 2013, 4:12 am

This happened to me once a long time ago I had to uninstall/reinstall my game gah Pain in the bum really...
Back to top Go down
eHoney7
eHoney7

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: "Infected" Pattern Overwriting the Others   "Infected" Pattern Overwriting the Others I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2013, 5:34 pm

I do have CC magic!!I did fix my problem though. I had to uninstall ALL of my lots and ALL of my patterns. I used Delphy's Custard to clean all my "Lots" files before installing them again (I deleted all patterns from them). I am slowly reinstalling and testing my patterns again. Definitely irritating
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: "Infected" Pattern Overwriting the Others   "Infected" Pattern Overwriting the Others I_icon_minitimeMay 13th 2013, 5:19 am

Oh what dreaded words...uninstall/re install!! I'm having a problem myself with a stuck sim. I did the cheat to reset her, no change, took her directly out of the household and nada...so...looks like either I will just do nothing until either...IP, or if I add a new ep or sp. It is irritating. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Infected" Pattern Overwriting the Others   "Infected" Pattern Overwriting the Others I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Infected" Pattern Overwriting the Others

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Welcome :: Tech & Game Support-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com