Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

How to patch without using the launcher?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mysims
Mysims

Comments : Um what do I put here? I'm Canadian, Yes, it's cold here. I love the Sims and I'm fairly awkward. Could you tell?

How to patch without using the launcher? Vide
PostSubject: How to patch without using the launcher?   How to patch without using the launcher? I_icon_minitimeJune 18th 2013, 4:53 pm

Hey guys. I've heard that there is a way to patch/update the game without using the launcher. I'm trying to help a young person on tumblr.
She says her launcher won't work. It shuts down every time she tries the new update.
I myself haven't updated and probably won't for a while
Do you guys know how to update without using the launcher?

Also, I'm sorry I haven't been around for awhile.

real life you know?!
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Top Poster : How to patch without using the launcher? Topposter
Featured Artist : How to patch without using the launcher? Badge-1-1
Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: How to patch without using the launcher?   How to patch without using the launcher? I_icon_minitimeJune 19th 2013, 3:54 am

I have no clue, I'm still trying to figure out how to start my game MINUS having to sign into Origin and then it goes through the launcher! And I do understand real life! Smile  I hope you can help her, that has to be extremely frustrating.
Back to top Go down
Shmoopie
Shmoopie

Leo

PostSubject: Re: How to patch without using the launcher?   How to patch without using the launcher? I_icon_minitimeJune 19th 2013, 10:40 am

http://simsvip.com/2013/06/18/sims-3-game-update-1-55-61813/

If you get a pop up saying invalid file or some other kinda crap is missing then download the super patch here 

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/175477.page

I updated my game via Super Patch tho and now none of my saves or any new town that i create will load. Im in the process of trouble shooting but if all else fails then i'll have to restore my computer to an earlier date :/
Back to top Go down
Shmoopie
Shmoopie

Leo

PostSubject: Re: How to patch without using the launcher?   How to patch without using the launcher? I_icon_minitimeJune 19th 2013, 11:31 am

Btw if you do come across any problems with the patch this right here helped me out

http://howimetyoursimmer.tumblr.com/post/53338953310/if-you-updated-your-game-to-1-55-and-instantly-regret
Back to top Go down
KosmoKhaos
KosmoKhaos

Virgo
Comments : ♥️Look into my eyes♥️
♥️Its where my demons hide♥️
♥️It's where my demons hide♥️

PostSubject: Re: How to patch without using the launcher?   How to patch without using the launcher? I_icon_minitimeJune 19th 2013, 7:42 pm

Yup the Super Patch from The Sims VIP is a good way to patch without the launcher. They are reliable too so no need to worry about viruses. I'm waiting for NRAAS to update before I even think about patching.
Back to top Go down
Mysims
Mysims

Comments : Um what do I put here? I'm Canadian, Yes, it's cold here. I love the Sims and I'm fairly awkward. Could you tell?

PostSubject: Re: How to patch without using the launcher?   How to patch without using the launcher? I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2013, 8:58 am

Thanks so much you guys.  I really appreciate your help.  It wasn't for me, it was for a young person on tumblr that was having trouble with updating through the launcher.

@kosmokhaos I'm like you...I'm not patching til all nraas mods are updated.   There seems to be a lot of trouble with the new patch that's for sure.

Why is it that every time Ea puts out a fix it breaks more things in the process?
Back to top Go down
Eden777
Eden777

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: How to patch without using the launcher?   How to patch without using the launcher? I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2013, 12:36 pm

My game won't load since the patch unless I remove all cc.  I remembered to remove my mods folder before installing the patch, but I still can't get the game to load.
Back to top Go down
Shmoopie
Shmoopie

Leo

PostSubject: Re: How to patch without using the launcher?   How to patch without using the launcher? I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2013, 2:30 pm

You have to uninstall your base game then reinstall it and the redownload all of your downloads to fix it
Back to top Go down
KosmoKhaos
KosmoKhaos

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: How to patch without using the launcher?   How to patch without using the launcher? I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2013, 2:37 pm

Mysims wrote:
Thanks so much you guys.  I really appreciate your help.  It wasn't for me, it was for a young person on tumblr that was having trouble with updating through the launcher.

@kosmokhaos I'm like you...I'm not patching til all nraas mods are updated.   There seems to be a lot of trouble with the new patch that's for sure.

Why is it that every time Ea puts out a fix it breaks more things in the process?

NRAAS has been updates :D WOOOO!

Eden777 wrote:
My game won't load since the patch unless I remove all cc.  I remembered to remove my mods folder before installing the patch, but I still can't get the game to load.

I haven't had any problems with this patch at all. Have you taken out ALL game modifications? Including the little tweaks like a hack that is an object in the game. For example something like a SkillBook or a CheatChest.
Back to top Go down
Eden777
Eden777

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: How to patch without using the launcher?   How to patch without using the launcher? I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2013, 5:41 pm

Since the patch, right now I can't run the game unless I remove all mods and package files, but I'm not interesting in playing the Sims3 without these. I guess I'll wait and see if installing Island Paradise fixes it.
Back to top Go down
KosmoKhaos
KosmoKhaos

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: How to patch without using the launcher?   How to patch without using the launcher? I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2013, 11:50 pm

Eden777 wrote:
Since the patch, right now I can't run the game unless I remove all mods and package files, but I'm not interesting in playing the Sims3 without these. I guess I'll wait and see if installing Island Paradise fixes it.

Which mods don't work?
Back to top Go down
Eden777
Eden777

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: How to patch without using the launcher?   How to patch without using the launcher? I_icon_minitimeJune 21st 2013, 2:49 am

KosmoKhaos wrote:
Eden777 wrote:

Which mods don't work?
I'm in the process of narrowing it down. I've added back most of my package files and the game loads and now I'm trying each of my mods one by one to see which one is the problem.
Back to top Go down
KosmoKhaos
KosmoKhaos

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: How to patch without using the launcher?   How to patch without using the launcher? I_icon_minitimeJune 21st 2013, 1:49 pm

Eden777 wrote:
KosmoKhaos wrote:
Eden777 wrote:

Which mods don't work?
I'm in the process of narrowing it down. I've added back most of my package files and the game loads and now I'm trying each of my mods one by one to see which one is the problem.
Oooh I hate doing that lol. Such a pain.
Back to top Go down
stevielee88
VIP Member
stevielee88

Leo

PostSubject: Re: How to patch without using the launcher?   How to patch without using the launcher? I_icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2013, 10:18 am

i am still waiting for my patch to even download.
it sucks using just a cellphone internet.
i dont like to wait
Back to top Go down
KosmoKhaos
KosmoKhaos

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: How to patch without using the launcher?   How to patch without using the launcher? I_icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2013, 2:52 pm

That sounds painstakingly slow Shocked Lol Some people can't even get it to download from the their launcher at all. It get stuck.
Back to top Go down
Eden777
Eden777

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: How to patch without using the launcher?   How to patch without using the launcher? I_icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2013, 3:26 pm

I finally got my game to load, but it took a lot of work. I uninstalled a bunch of stuff - Dragon Valley and some houses that had a lot of cc. Then I tested all my mods and found a couple that the game didn't like (No Vamp Glow mod and Any Lot Size mod (recently updated), and finally combined the remaining package files I had. I had already combined some package files previously but had accumulated quite a bit more.  Btw, the skin files don't like to be combined.  Finally my game is running again, although I'm still getting a lot of Error Trap message about unroutable sims. Here's my makeover of David, the guy who runs the local magic shop.

Last edited by Eden777 on June 23rd 2013, 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra
Comments : adult living in canada

PostSubject: Re: How to patch without using the launcher?   How to patch without using the launcher? I_icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2013, 4:16 pm

i dont combind  skin files either
only things that seem to like being combined is makeup , eyes, clothes, shoes

objects  combined.

hairs

i never combine  hacks, mods,  default, skins, sliders,

oh by the way do check your folder for sims2 files. yeah sometimes we put them in there by mistake yep. i did that and would you know it, it get slow
also check your other folder for files that you put in there by mistakes like a outfit went in the library or etc. that happens . once in a while i take a look
 ah game going slower is sad indeed
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

PostSubject: Re: How to patch without using the launcher?   How to patch without using the launcher? I_icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2013, 4:18 pm

outdated sliders can really   slow the game down is what i found before or outdated mods can really shut down my game, i wait till the expansion comes out to get the patch and updated mods and stuff. it tricky stuff eeks
Back to top Go down
Eden777
Eden777

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: How to patch without using the launcher?   How to patch without using the launcher? I_icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2013, 4:24 pm

I've never updated my sliders, so that can definitely be the problem. Some of them I have no idea of where I got them.  

I use Dashboard to check for corrupt files.
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

PostSubject: Re: How to patch without using the launcher?   How to patch without using the launcher? I_icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2013, 5:35 pm

sliders that are not updated can   be bad yeah.but i found that if my  nrass was not the right  version  oh boy my game didnt even  start
Back to top Go down
KosmoKhaos
KosmoKhaos

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: How to patch without using the launcher?   How to patch without using the launcher? I_icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2013, 8:47 pm

I've never had to update my sliders and my game runs fine. Lol I combine them too. I combine everything but hacks and 3D replacements. And Eden you make some hot guys humana
Back to top Go down
Eden777
Eden777

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: How to patch without using the launcher?   How to patch without using the launcher? I_icon_minitimeJune 25th 2013, 4:41 am

My game is running really well now. I took out Overwatch and Error Trap and it's much smoother with no crashes or error codes. Even CAS runs a bunch faster. I'm still using Game Booster to start it. I timed it and from start to finish, the game is taking about 9 minutes to load completely. Considering all the combined cc I have, I'll take that.  Now I just hope loading Island Paradise doesn't louse things up.
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

PostSubject: Re: How to patch without using the launcher?   How to patch without using the launcher? I_icon_minitimeJune 25th 2013, 2:12 pm

yeah mods can  either stop or crash our game , it was outdated  nrass or was it  twallen  stuff.  but usally it always the hacks the mods. they have to match whatever patches we using i guess. so good to hear it going again, it good that it 9 min that really good . my is 15 to 20 if i keep all my cc in there. mmmm mmm yep. must get around to combining stuff it a pain though

island paradise maybe will run thing better? sometime when i got the newest expansion i noticed my game ran better yeah
Back to top Go down
Eden777
Eden777

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: How to patch without using the launcher?   How to patch without using the launcher? I_icon_minitimeJune 25th 2013, 3:18 pm

mamx wrote:
yeah mods can  either stop or crash our game , it was outdated  nrass or was it  twallen  stuff.  but usally it always the hacks the mods. they have to match whatever patches we using i guess. so good to hear it going again, it good that it 9 min that really good . my is 15 to 20 if i keep all my cc in there. mmmm mmm yep. must get around to combining stuff it a pain though

island paradise maybe will run thing better? sometime when i got the newest expansion i noticed my game ran better yeah
One of the first things I did after installing the patch was update all my Nraas mods and they said they were compatible. So go figure.
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

PostSubject: Re: How to patch without using the launcher?   How to patch without using the launcher? I_icon_minitimeJune 25th 2013, 3:22 pm

oh no. guess the game is more buggy than not  huh. all my mod supposed to work with 1.50  from nras. ugh what a hassle to fig it all out. but im waitng on mr nrass to get back home to his home , he has a flood in his town and so he away , and he   will be working more on them things due to the expansion actually coming out. i wait till the game and patch are both out ,otherwise i have to pull my hair out wahhh
Back to top Go down
KosmoKhaos
KosmoKhaos

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: How to patch without using the launcher?   How to patch without using the launcher? I_icon_minitimeJune 26th 2013, 3:08 am

Wait what's wrong with NRAAS? Shocked There are bugs in the new update?
Back to top Go down
Eden777
Eden777

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: How to patch without using the launcher?   How to patch without using the launcher? I_icon_minitimeJune 26th 2013, 12:52 pm

I am using some of Nraas mods such as Master Controller, Integration, NoCD and Decensor. But Overwatch and Error Trap caused problems so I took them out. All of them are supposed to be compatible with the 1.55 patch (as far as I know).
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

PostSubject: Re: How to patch without using the launcher?   How to patch without using the launcher? I_icon_minitimeJune 26th 2013, 3:53 pm

it one thing to work with the patch it another thing when one has island paradise installed . those 2 things are new to our sims3. i think that what mr nrass meant he will have to look at it all more in depth. there will be issues and so on mmm. i was reading that that is only has one new career lifesaver and 2 new trait ,love to swim and ? wow . thought there be more yeah
Back to top Go down
KosmoKhaos
KosmoKhaos

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: How to patch without using the launcher?   How to patch without using the launcher? I_icon_minitimeJune 27th 2013, 4:14 am

Ah, I haven't had to use Error Trap or Overwatch. I do think that maybe something is bugging in my game though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to patch without using the launcher?   How to patch without using the launcher? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to patch without using the launcher?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Welcome :: Tech & Game Support-
Free forum | Video games | Simulation | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com