Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

Oh my, this is embarrassing!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Evie
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Evie

Top Poster : Oh my, this is embarrassing! Topposter
Featured Artist : Oh my, this is embarrassing! Badge-1-1
Sagittarius

Oh my, this is embarrassing! Vide
PostSubject: Oh my, this is embarrassing!   Oh my, this is embarrassing! I_icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2010, 5:30 pm

Okay, don't make fun! But I am 21 years old and I still don't have my license. I don't know the first thing about driving.

I have been on and off studying the drivers book since I was 17. I took the permit test twice at age 17 and failed both times. The second time I failed the test I came 1 question away from passing. Now that was a pain in my ass.

I haven't lived at home with my parents since I was 18. I've been living with my boyfriend for the past couple of years and he's been taking care of me. But I'm tired of being so dependent on him for everything. If something happened to him I would lose everything, my home, the food in my tummy, EVERYTHING. I really want to get my license so I can get my own car and real job. Though I hate working at grocery stores its my only bet, plus I want to go back to college and finish my AA.

But everything I want to do requires a license and a vehicle. And no my boyfriend can't drive me every where. He has recently run out of unemployment and is looking for work. So I he won't be able to take me to school or work.

Now here is my problem. I can NOT read that stupid book. Everything I read is in one ear and out the other. I have tried several times throughout this year to read that stupid P.O.S. book and I can't do it. I've read sentences over about a million times. I've gone through the entire book and realized when I was finished that my mind was off in lala land the entire time. That book is worthless to me.

I've tried making flash cards and studying those. I've tried several different practice tests online. I've tried eating the book and pooping out driving knowledge. I've tried everything.

I don't know what to do. I don't know whats wrong with me. I've had this issue in school before, I just can't pay attention. Maybe I have A.D.D. maybe its because I'm O.C.D. and I think every little word must be memorized or else I won't pass. I don't know.

Since I don't have a job because I don't have a car, because I don't have a license I can't afford to take Drivers Ed even though that would be the best bet for me.

I have no one to borrow money from to take the drivers ed class because everyone I know is out of work and struggling as it is.

Any thoughts? I just don't know what to do and obviously asking you guys was my last resort since I don't like pushing my problems on others. So I'm sorry for spilling my embarrassing guts out to you and asking for help but as you can see, I really need it.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: Oh my, this is embarrassing!   Oh my, this is embarrassing! I_icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2010, 6:04 pm

Ohh my precious Evie! I just want to come and get you and take care of you! Firstly don't feel bad about your license. Period. It does sound as if you have ADD and that can be worked around.

Sometimes...'hearing' something makes it easier for us to recall than actually reading it. This may sound tedious but try recording the book, you know...you read it and record it and every minute you have free listen to it like you would a song on your ipod. Right before bed...put the headphones on and listen to it before you go to sleep. I can PROMISE you that you will retain most of this!

Also...ask you boyfriend to help you with trial test...asking you various questions at random. This will all help you to better remember the information you need to pass the test!

Hope this all helps! hiho

Last edited by cecesaun1 on December 21st 2010, 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Evie
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Evie

Sagittarius

PostSubject: Re: Oh my, this is embarrassing!   Oh my, this is embarrassing! I_icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2010, 6:14 pm

Oh thats a wonderful idea cece? Why didn't i think of that?

I always here dumb music on the tv or radio and the songs get stuck in my head no matter how much I try not to listen.

So maybe hearing the rules of the road will be better than reading.

I'll give it a try!
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: Oh my, this is embarrassing!   Oh my, this is embarrassing! I_icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2010, 6:17 pm

Keep me posted hun on your progress okay?
Back to top Go down
Evie
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Evie

Sagittarius

PostSubject: Re: Oh my, this is embarrassing!   Oh my, this is embarrassing! I_icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2010, 6:21 pm

I will for sure! :) Thanks so much.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Oh my, this is embarrassing!   Oh my, this is embarrassing! I_icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2010, 9:22 pm

Hey Evie like CeCe said there is no reason to be embarrassed, I'm older then you and I don't have a liscence (I'm deadly enough on my own two feet lol) also I think there's a lot of people in your situation. Anyway CeCe's idea is really good as listening to things does help a lot.

There's also sites like this one that allow you to practise the theory test online for free DMV.org

Hope any of this helped and good luck hun I'm sure you'll sort something out x
Back to top Go down
smac1975

PostSubject: Re: Oh my, this is embarrassing!   Oh my, this is embarrassing! I_icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2010, 10:12 pm

One thing that helped me a lot while I was studing for my test was to ask my girlfriend that time, the meaning of the vertical signals and what are we supposed to do when we see those signals. Observing other drivers behaviour like my friends and asking them why did they maneuver like that also helped me. Once you get used to it you will start to find that things make sense and go automaticaly to your memory.
When I was riding by bus or even walking i was always searching for those signals, and trying to figure out the rules.

"Fear is the mind killer", Evie... No traffic rule shall scare you! Remember that!

I hope this helps.

I took my license when i was 27 :) because only at that age i needed a drivers licence and car.
Back to top Go down
OnendOnliYazzie
OnendOnliYazzie

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Oh my, this is embarrassing!   Oh my, this is embarrassing! I_icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2010, 1:06 am

Oh Evie! Dont be embarassed about this! It took my three years to get my license just because I get nervous on the road. I agree with Cece's idea to try hearing the book outloud. But another thing to try is being visual with it!

See I have a very hard time understanding things unless there written down or drawn out for me. So maybe something you can do is write the rules down yourself but dont just write the rules draw yourself a little picture that will help you to remember.

Whatever you do end up doing I wish you the best of luck!
Back to top Go down
miss_lochness
VIP Member
miss_lochness

Pisces
Comments : One word...BAZINGA!

PostSubject: Re: Oh my, this is embarrassing!   Oh my, this is embarrassing! I_icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2010, 9:37 am

Evie don't be embarressed. I got my licence at 21 (I'm almost 24 now) and I don't know how it works in the states, but I'm almost on my "full" licence and I think in total I have driven about 57 hours. 50 hours was practicing, the other 7 was random trips to McDonalds. I also hate driving. I actually choose not to drive. However that's partially due to my job and the things I have to see everyday. But I do live in a country that requires a licence in order to survive.

I can't study anything, I am a practical person. I need to do things, in order to learn them. So studying for the stupid learners test, was so very difficult. I studied the practice tests for a year before I even bothered going for my exam. I recommend what CeCe suggested. I also read out loud to myself and actually make myself repeat what I have just said out loud over and over again. If that makes sense. I do this before I go to sleep too. Seems to help me remember. :D
Back to top Go down
Evie
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Evie

Sagittarius

PostSubject: Re: Oh my, this is embarrassing!   Oh my, this is embarrassing! I_icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2010, 9:19 pm

You all are so wonderful! Thanks for all the positive responses.

Yesterday I really felt I was the only person on the planet that can't drive a car lol.

Mostly it was me being dramatic because I just got done attempting to read pages of blah boredom and I was slightly ticked off at how lame it is.

Anyway, you guys have really left me with a more positive attitude on the situation.

My new years resolution this year is to have my license or at least a permit by the end of 2011.

I feel that gives me plenty of time to fully understand what it is to drive.

I can do this! Even if it means failing the test a couple times Embarassed

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Pistolkitten
VIP Member
Pistolkitten

Libra
Comments : Genetically modified for extra flavor

PostSubject: Re: Oh my, this is embarrassing!   Oh my, this is embarrassing! I_icon_minitimeDecember 23rd 2010, 9:58 am

You just reminded me that I have to go through the whole driving thing again too soon, BAH. Though I passed the written one first time in New Zealand, I failed the first driving test first time around, got it the second....and failed the final driving test a number of years later despite driving everyday lol. I never did get my full license in New Zealand, and of course driving is totally different here in Canada, so I'm going to have to relearn everything.

I find actually DOING things helps me remember and understand them. So reading the guidebook never really worked for me either. I drove illegally before I got my license, with a passenger pointing out stuff, and I also listened to a driver saying what they are doing and why they are doing it while traveling as a passenger.

I still suck at remembering situational rules like, what should you do when you break down on the side of the road, (the answer is lift your bonnet and boot of your vehicle in New Zealand).

As mentioned above their should be an online version of the test you can take over and over again......repetition might help :d

Goodluck Evie!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh my, this is embarrassing!   Oh my, this is embarrassing! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oh my, this is embarrassing!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Discussions :: Sims General Discussion-
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com