Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

Thought I'd share a little something about myself....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Akasha
VIP Member
Akasha

Donor/$upporter : Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... Th_banner
Top Poster : Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... Topposter
Pisces
Comments : No comment....

Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... Vide
PostSubject: Thought I'd share a little something about myself....   Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2010, 10:20 am

Hey everyone!! I just thought I'd share something that's a huge part of my life (besides my sims, lol). I'm a tightlacer. Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... Icon_rabbit For anyone who doesn't know what that is...a tightlacer is someone (man or woman) who wears a corset in order to make their waist smaller...but the title is usually reserved for someone who wears a corset for more than just a few hours a day (usually more than 8 and up to 23...yes, a lot of tightlacers sleep in their corsets) and is able to bring their waist in more than 4 or 5inches.

I've been interested in period clothing for as long as I can remember...my interest going from Khemet(ancient Egypt), to Elizabethan/renaissance, and now to Victorian. But what I've been most intereseted in through all of that is corsets, and the feminine form they create. Now, I have a natural hourglass figure, thanks to my great grandma, but for some reason, I've never truly been happy with how I look until now!

I'm thinking about making a blog to track my progress, but until then, here are some pictures so you guys can see.

My natural waist is 29inches...I'll get a pic when I can of me without my corset...

When I first started...my waist was about 26 or 7 inches in this pic...sorry for the low quality, my friend took it on her phone....
Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... Untitl10

Now...my waist is 23 3/4inches in this pic taken a few days ago....
Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... 13292_10

Doesn't really look like much of a difference...but it is! lol I made that corset...it's the same one in both pics, but my chest is so large that the tighter I laced the more they would pop out! lol So, I had to break down and cut the top part off and make it into an underbust. Which is fine, because they're better for tightlacing anyway.

Anywho!! I hope you enjoy...or not...whatever...just thought I'd share a little bit about myself.

Cheers!
Akasha
Back to top Go down
bubby189
VIP Member
bubby189

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share a little something about myself....   Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2010, 10:21 pm

That's cool. I wondered what those 3 were,had and idea. My great grand mother had a 22 inch waist way back when. I have some pics of her back then in her wonderful looking dresses. Love the Victorian times.Thanks for sharing a part of your life with us.I'll share the history of my poem after the judging.Feel like a I need to after I wrote it. Also I just saw my pic. Awesome! First time I saw it after posting. Thanks! Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
SweetBaby
VIP Member
SweetBaby

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share a little something about myself....   Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2010, 10:50 pm

I can see the difference in the pictures...does that hurt?
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Featured Artist : Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... Badge-1-1
Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share a little something about myself....   Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2010, 11:25 pm

Wow! Looks like it's hard to breath! Is it? But it does you give you that hourglass figure. Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Akasha
VIP Member
Akasha

Donor/$upporter : Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... Th_banner
Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share a little something about myself....   Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 3:29 am

If done right, tightlacing doesn't hurt and doesn't inhibit breathing. It's done so gradually that you don't really feel it. I'll admit that it was a little uncomfortable at first, but there's a period where you have to get used to the corset and it get's used to you. After that, it's a breeze! Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... Icon_biggrin

Oh, and it doesn't do any more damage to your organs than being pregnant...the mums here know what I mean....

And I'd love to hear the history behind your poem Bubby!
Back to top Go down
Cel
VIP Member
Cel

Capricorn
Comments : I am the Harlequin, and the Chameleon.

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share a little something about myself....   Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 5:40 am

Oh you...female dog. That is amazing! It looks like it would hurt -- it's intriguing!!!
Back to top Go down
Akasha
VIP Member
Akasha

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share a little something about myself....   Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... I_icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2010, 6:34 am

Yay!! My new corset was shipped Monday! So, I'll put up a pic when I get it!! Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... Icon_biggrin
*does happy dance*
Back to top Go down
bubby189
VIP Member
bubby189

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share a little something about myself....   Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... I_icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2010, 3:00 pm

Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... Icon_cheers Happy for ya,still I don't know if I could get used to it.
Back to top Go down
SweetBaby
VIP Member
SweetBaby

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share a little something about myself....   Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... I_icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2010, 8:17 pm

Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... Icon_cheers I can't wait to see it Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... Icon_cyclops

I don't know if I could get used to that either, but you have me wondering how small I could get my waist. My natural waist is 25...it would be nice to have a shape other than popsicle stick Razz
Back to top Go down
bubby189
VIP Member
bubby189

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share a little something about myself....   Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... I_icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2010, 8:33 pm

wish I was a popsicle,right now I'm more like a mars bar. Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... Icon_lol It's getting better though. Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Kelle
Kelle

Libra

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share a little something about myself....   Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... I_icon_minitimeApril 1st 2010, 1:01 am

wow that looks painful! i dont like feeling like a stuffed sausage or so my mother says! you look good in it! well your body looks good since i cant see your face Razz >.< haha now i feel like putting on pajamas and eating some icecream.
Back to top Go down
Akasha
VIP Member
Akasha

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share a little something about myself....   Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... I_icon_minitimeApril 1st 2010, 4:08 am

EEEE!!! My new corset came!! It's sooo cute!! But because the boning and busk are so much thicker than my old one, it measures a little higher than the old one.

I'm now at 24 1/4inches, but it looks better.
Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... Hpim0613

The back...wait until I can close it!
Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... Hpim0612
Back to top Go down
bubby189
VIP Member
bubby189

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share a little something about myself....   Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... I_icon_minitimeApril 1st 2010, 9:57 am

still looks painful to me but i love plaid Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
SweetBaby
VIP Member
SweetBaby

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share a little something about myself....   Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... I_icon_minitimeApril 1st 2010, 2:29 pm

Looks good Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... Icon_biggrin

It really gives you a lovely hourglass shape. Your waist is sooo tiny.
Back to top Go down
RepulsiveDesire
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
RepulsiveDesire

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share a little something about myself....   Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... I_icon_minitimeApril 1st 2010, 7:51 pm

Oh wow Akasha, that's crazy. I couldn't imagine doing something like that, I've got a crazy low tolerance for pain. I guess it pays off if you want that tiny waist though.
Back to top Go down
Kelle
Kelle

Libra

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share a little something about myself....   Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... I_icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2010, 3:26 am

holy cow. you want to get it closed????? wow. i stand in awe right now. um good luck? looks painful.
Back to top Go down
Zeri
Zeri

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share a little something about myself....   Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... I_icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2010, 1:53 pm

holy crap! ah.. i remember when i had a waist that small... 3 kids ago lol.
lucky dog Razz i love the way corsets look, i think they are very sexy. i dont have one tho, i dont think i would like it. i have asthma, so i think the very slightest constriction would aggravate my breathing.

i have a faux corset my ex made for me tho. its really more like a tank top that has ties in the front lol.
Back to top Go down
Kelle
Kelle

Libra

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share a little something about myself....   Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2010, 7:37 pm

im to fat to even consider a corset! but you've got an awesome shape goin on there hahah!

i still think you are crazy! but dont worry, we still love ya!! lol
Back to top Go down
Pistolkitten
VIP Member
Pistolkitten

Libra
Comments : Genetically modified for extra flavor

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share a little something about myself....   Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... I_icon_minitimeApril 20th 2010, 4:19 am

That's totally amazing I've always wondered about corsets, my style of dress is oddly gothic sometimes I'd love to add a corset to my wardrobe.

But like Kelle said, I too might be a bit too fat for a corset...though maybe it might force some of the excess tummy fat into my bum.....I could totally deal with that lol

I love that hourglass shape....its definatly giving me something to think about, loose some weight and go for a waist like yours through corseting before my wedding.

How long have you been doing this for? How long was it till you started noticing a change in your natural shape without the corset on?
Back to top Go down
Akasha
VIP Member
Akasha

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share a little something about myself....   Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... I_icon_minitimeApril 20th 2010, 1:39 pm

I've been corsetting full-time since January. But my waist is naturally about 10-11in smaller than my bust and hips, so it's not really that much of a difference...it just sucks me in. lol And there's not really much of a difference when I take it off yet...I think the only difference being that I can actually sit up straight for a long period of time now and Rufus(my gut...my friend KT named it in HS. lol) is disappearing....although, I haven't lost any weight...maybe I'm just able to suck it in now without knowing it....

Also, no one is too fat to wear a corset! lol I personally think it's an essential piece of underwear that every woman should wear! It holds you in and up! lol And even if you don't have much of a waist, it'll give you one. ;)
Back to top Go down
bubby189
VIP Member
bubby189

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share a little something about myself....   Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... I_icon_minitimeApril 20th 2010, 2:53 pm

I believe I need some in and up. lol. wouldn't really know how to shop for one.Size wise I mean.
Back to top Go down
Akasha
VIP Member
Akasha

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share a little something about myself....   Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2010, 6:11 am

If you ever decide to corset, do your research first. Find all the info you can. Here is one of the best reference sites http://www.staylace.com/. It has a list of damn near every site about corsetting and corsets known to (wo)man! lol Including where to find them and where to find supplies to make them. It also has a Q&A section with answers from real (unbiased) doctors.

If you can't find a shop in your area that has real corsets, then go online and search for a good one...I got mine from http://www.orchardcorset.com/ and I highly recommend them(they're in the US, but I think you can order them from other countries if you have paypal...just remember the prices are in USD). And know that corsets are expensive! The cheapest one I've found was $89 on sale for $69. And that is extremely low compared to a lot of places that sell them for a couple hundred! O_O But corsetting is a life-style and so you can't skimp on it.

Also, you should never start with one any smaller then about 4in than your natural waist size. For instance, my natural waist is about 28in, so I started with one that was 24in when closed. Corset sizes come in 2in increments, so 18", 20", 22", etc, all the way up to, I think, 40in...unless you get it custom made.

And even if you're not interested in tightlacing, it's still interesting to read about. ;P
Back to top Go down
bubby189
VIP Member
bubby189

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share a little something about myself....   Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2010, 7:16 am

Thanks, I'll take a look when all my kiddies are napping. Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thought I'd share a little something about myself....   Thought I'd share a little something about myself.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thought I'd share a little something about myself....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Discussions :: Sims General Discussion-
Free forums hosting | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com