Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

Language in the Message Box.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Evie
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Evie

Top Poster : Language in the Message Box. Topposter
Featured Artist : Language in the Message Box. Badge-1-1
Sagittarius

Language in the Message Box. Vide
PostSubject: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 2:44 pm

Hey guys, the last couple days we've had some pretty vulgar language going on in the message box. Remember, our members and visitors range from children to adults, and we need to keep that in mind when posting in the forum or in the message boxes. Please keep it PG 13 until we can get elite up and running.

Thanks for understanding :D
-Evie-
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 3:50 pm

It will be better when Elite is up and running as then people can vent when they feel frustrated and angry with upsetting or offending the younger members of CStyles, its an awesome idea to have a place like that where you can go, without upsetting anyone else. Thankies Evie hiho hiho hiho
Back to top Go down
Evie
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Evie

Sagittarius

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 3:53 pm

Oh you're welcome broomie.
I have no problem with venting, in fact it's a great way to get support when you're upset, but it's better when there is less use of the F word Razz
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 3:55 pm

I totally agree there is no need to be vulgar at all I for one will be glad when this is all sorted or at least no more use of the f word it puts me off using the chat box if its going to be like that to be honest Love067 Love067
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

Comments : Lost in simming land, please leave a message after the tone ...

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 4:04 pm

Evie I agree but where people are concerned there will always be emotions and when one thing leads to another something that started out so simple can become a huge angry old mess with lots of naughty words and such...I dont think that will ever change it's human nature to be defensive or bitchy call it what you will and wether we admit to it or not we all have that side to us so I dont think we've seen the last of that kind of stuff...I dunno I'll think I'll have my dog over people she's less likely to stab you in the back lol...humans eh we're simply the pits!!!
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 4:13 pm

Truthful and wise words from the QBall
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 4:14 pm

thats because humans are mainly ruled by their emotions and feelings and when a feeling gets hurt the emotions come to the surface .............now dogs are ruled by their stomachs, they will love you forever if you feed Big smile
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 4:24 pm

Yep people are.....******** well I cant say the word but I sure as hell mean it lol...Yep you'd think as an evolved species we'd be able to learn to control our feelings and pull back a bit but oooh no not the wise old us...it's rage in full pelt no questions asked and start an emotional rucus sometimes I think we should be ashamed of ourselves and to think we were placed at the top of the evolution chain...ha! We as humans are inconsiderate and selfish deep down...the world we live in is self involved and we're generation ME it's all YOU hurt MY feelings and blah blah blah I mean come on most of us are adults you'd think we'd be able to handle a rebuff or rejection or slight bit of bantar but apparently not we as adults still behave like 16 year olds at times....it's like a playground in some places honestly....human nature pah you can keep it thank you very much!

Now dogs well it's been proven animals only live in the moment so they dont hold grudges or have petty arguements they simply have a growl or fight and then it's all over and forgotten about and they're back to pack mates again now why the hell cant people be like that?

Last edited by Q Girl on April 24th 2011, 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Evie
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Evie

Sagittarius

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 4:24 pm

Thanks for understanding guys.
I really don't want this to be a big deal, just consider it an extension of the rules for example.

And I do agree with you Q for the most part. I for one have def. let my feelings control me (it's not very pretty lol) and ended up regretting it later on. I've since learned to close my laptop and walk away before I put my foot in my mouth Language in the Message Box. Footinmouth10

I still feel that everyone has control over what they say and how the express their feelings though.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 4:29 pm

well said Evie.......totally agree with you there, we all have the choice on how to act in every given situation Love067
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 4:30 pm

Yep sometimes walking away is the best thing and then coming back to it at a later time and there isn't a person on the earth who hasn't let their emotions get the better of them over something silly but it makes you a bigger person for holding your hands up and admitting it....I also agree that you do have control over what you say and how you express yourself it's just that a vast majority of people live with their foot in their mouths and their heads up their A**es
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 4:31 pm

Im either incredibly laid back or incredibly lazy (cant work out which one it is yet) but it tends to take a heck of alot to get me angry and I will go out of my way to avoid an arguement or confrontation of any kind (maybe Im just a chicken, hmm oh no not another option to think about) anyhoo my view on life is its just too damn short to spend it being angry and nasty with each other. Love067
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 4:40 pm

I agree Broomie I agree life is short and we as people should learn to move on and let go uf stuff but we dont and habouring ill feelings and regrets are now second nature to us......I'm an easy going person and it takes a whole lot to get me mad but when I do whoaaaa I can be the meanest most volatile B**ch on the face of the earth....I will not go out of my way to look for an arguement but if someone brings one to me then I will back myself up and stand toe to toe with any man or woman and thats just me...if people leave me be and give me alone time then I walk away and come back a calm Q thinking rational but if backed into a corner woooaaahhh mama watch out for hurricane Q-Ball heading your way lol ....Yet again human nature to defend yourself but it's the way do it that counts...no swearing just you mano et mano and thats all thats needed....I can go on all night about the subject people just fascinate me with the way they work
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 4:44 pm

Broomie. your not a chicken. you just know how to control your self. and not say what you really want in the open where young people can see it. i agree with Evie. there should not be any bad language out in the open full stop. it's all down to self control and maturity and following rules.
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 4:44 pm

hide
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 4:50 pm

Now there's something not seen with an uber ton of people self control and maturity two qualities we never seem capable of as people even the older of us can be the most immature like back in primary school when you fell out with your bezzie it was all you're not my fwiend any more I'm telling the teacher on you! LOL See even as we age we never really grow up we're still that little kid running around doing the same old stuff just in an adult body and an adult world and Broomie my dear wether you're chicken or not you still have every right to defend yourself if the need arises and I know you well enough to say I know you'd never do it with swearing or underhandidly so g'head and be proud of that fact 99% of us are sneaky ******** seriously!
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 4:59 pm

Thankies Q, and your right I would defend myself in the end but first I would make sure that I have proof to back up what I have to say, and if Im in the wrong then I will go ahead and apologise for whatever I have done to offend or upset anyone. And in my eyes that is how it should be. To me slinging words together to provoke a reaction is not the way to resolve a problem it just makes it worse. Ahem steps down of the broomie soap box and hides again. hide
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 5:01 pm

AAAMMMMEEEENNNN Sista! you work that soap box and here's me thinkin it was only this pasty tail mamma who got on her box and put the world to rights lol
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 5:07 pm

This is for you ma Qball
Language in the Message Box. Images24
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 5:15 pm

EEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPP I freakin love it Broomie thanki spanki honey buns thats awesome and so me lol
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 5:23 pm

I know, I just had to post it when I saw this, as it reminds me of your philosophy in life.. Your very welcome me lovely ickle buttercup
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 5:24 pm

buttercup lol know everyone knows my secret name lmao sheesh broomie
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 5:26 pm

Oooopsi broomie dropped the ball on that one Love067
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 5:28 pm

You sure did you viscous dandelion
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 5:30 pm

Oh oh you breakin out the big guns hide
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 5:31 pm

My deary if Q were to break out the big guns you would know about it LOL now git from behind the couch and man up dude lmao
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 5:40 pm

Language in the Message Box. Images25
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 5:51 pm

Hahahahahaha you stoopid lol
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 5:55 pm

excited Tease
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 5:58 pm

LOL errr Broomie buns we've hijacked Evie's thread with silliness lmao
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 6:00 pm

Oooopsie SORRY EVIE,, BAD BAD BROOMIE! buttkick duh
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 6:01 pm

Hahahahaha Broomie gots the posting bug baaaadddd
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 6:04 pm

facepalm
Back to top Go down
stevielee88
VIP Member
stevielee88

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 6:15 pm

the headslap simie hehehe. evie was saying their should be on of those the other day
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 6:22 pm

There def. should be one of those there lol
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 6:24 pm

hehehehe broomie always needs one of them every so often
Back to top Go down
Q Girl
VIP Member
Q Girl

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 6:27 pm

facepalm moment
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 6:42 pm

shame
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 5:31 am

Q Girl wrote:
Evie I agree but where people are concerned there will always be emotions and when one thing leads to another something that started out so simple can become a huge angry old mess with lots of naughty words and such...I dont think that will ever change it's human nature to be defensive or bitchy call it what you will and wether we admit to it or not we all have that side to us so I dont think we've seen the last of that kind of stuff...I dunno I'll think I'll have my dog over people she's less likely to stab you in the back lol...humans eh we're simply the pits!!!

I can understand what you are saying, but also please be reminded, as Evie stated, this is a site that caters to younger as well as adult people. If you get that angry over something...just sign off until you cool off. If someone has offended you...then contact myself or Evie or Eva.

I won't come to Cstyles angry or bitchy...I will make sure that my mind is set to enjoy the members here and the site. If I'm having a bad day, didn't get a lot of sleep...I wait until I feel more at ease before signing on.

As adults, yes...we should be able to control our emotions without letting them get too carried away.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 5:37 am

Evie wrote:
Thanks for understanding guys.
I really don't want this to be a big deal, just consider it an extension of the rules for example.

And I do agree with you Q for the most part. I for one have def. let my feelings control me (it's not very pretty lol) and ended up regretting it later on. I've since learned to close my laptop and walk away before I put my foot in my mouth Language in the Message Box. Footinmouth10

I still feel that everyone has control over what they say and how the express their feelings though.

Exactly what I stated almost word for word Evie, I wrote mid read so to speak. Razz
It's children that should be reprimanded for blowing up and fighting each other...not adults. Not saying we don't all have our moments...that's nature...but controlling them is adult, mature and respectful of bystanders that might become a part of your backlash.

Just my thoughts! Devil yes Oops...I meant to put this one up Big smile Lol...see...control...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Language in the Message Box.   Language in the Message Box. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Language in the Message Box.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Discussions :: Sims General Discussion-
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com