Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

Gothique Pic Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ChicagoStorm
VIP Member
ChicagoStorm

Gothique Pic Thread Vide
PostSubject: Gothique Pic Thread   Gothique Pic Thread I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2010, 9:59 pm

Post your favorite pics of the competitions past assignments. Maybe there were a few you really wanted to post but couldn't, now you can! To make sure that nothing influences the judges, I'll ask you not to post any pictures from the current assignment. Once a new assignment is given, then you're free to post any pictures from that particular assignment. Fair enough?

I'll start off by posting a few of my own that I really like from the "Stereotype" assignment. I was assigned Trad Goth.

Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-10-1
Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-12
Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-13-1
*I went for a air guitar feel..but wasn't sure I was getting the stereotype across*

Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-20
*Now this one was my fav, again didnt know if it'd work. I wanted to make it seems like she was grabbing the gate, maybe shake it a lil, eh*

Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-18
*Here I was having some fun with her after I found my shot*

So there is my first example, I added some captions to let you know what I was thinking at the time. You dont have to do that, but it'd be nice. Gothique Pic Thread Icon_razz We'll let the posting begin!
Back to top Go down
Toblie
VIP Member
Toblie

Top Poster : Gothique Pic Thread Topposter
Aquarius
Comments : Stop making a scene it will never make it to T.V!

Gothique Pic Thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: Gothique Pic Thread   Gothique Pic Thread I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2010, 4:39 am

this was for grief Gothique Pic Thread Do_you_mind_by_leedles

Gothique Pic Thread With_a_nice_chianti_by_leedles

Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-286

Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-11
And this one was for fear of death.
Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-279
Back to top Go down
Zeri
Zeri

Gothique Pic Thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: Gothique Pic Thread   Gothique Pic Thread I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2010, 1:58 pm

oo i started a thread like this at ea, but it got buried and forgotten. i have some discarded pics to show Smile

here is one of the poses i almost went with for 'a night in the woods'

Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-6-1
i wanted it to look like she was worshipping the raven. i wasnt happy with it overall tho

Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-7-1

so i made her worship the cauldron.. still wasnt really happy with it.

Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-1

heres one i almost used for the dancing. but it seemed too.. i dunno. yucky. and the lighting is terrible

i had ALOT of discarded pics for the storybook assignment

Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-92

didnt have the emotion i wanted

Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-93

didnt seem tragic enough

Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-89

this one wasnt too bad.. but i thought the model seemed too far from the camera and didnt display enough emotion

Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-91

this is the one i almost used. i wanted it to be the moment he turned back into a prince. but it just wasnt.. right. and since i never got him glowing just right again, i had to ditch that idea

Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-82

another one i considred using. but its just.. meh

Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-84

almost got the glow in this one. but the model was in the background and i just didnt like it overall
Back to top Go down
ChicagoStorm
VIP Member
ChicagoStorm

Gothique Pic Thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: Gothique Pic Thread   Gothique Pic Thread I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2010, 9:19 pm

Toblie ~ I love her face in the 4th pic, it would have made a lovely pic with better lighting lol.

Zeri ~ Threads die fast over there Sad... sorry if I 'stole' it I dont think I saw it or else I would have posted my pics.

I really like your 1st, 4th, 6th and 7th pic. That glow would have been awesome! But I love where it look like he's reaching out for her in his last moments of life.

I'll get some of my others up soon.
Back to top Go down
Toblie
VIP Member
Toblie

Aquarius
Comments : Stop making a scene it will never make it to T.V!

Gothique Pic Thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: Gothique Pic Thread   Gothique Pic Thread I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2010, 10:38 pm

Yeah ur right chicago i haven't even touched that one yet i might edit it a bit in gimp and improve it I do like the pic but the background is to cheery.

And Zeri- i love that glowing one it looks great!
i bet i will have more after this assignment is done Gothique Pic Thread Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Zeri
Zeri

Gothique Pic Thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: Gothique Pic Thread   Gothique Pic Thread I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2010, 11:29 pm

i never meant to imply you stole the idea! i remember us all talking about a thread like this, so one day i just made one. but noone was around and yeah threads dissapear fast. its no biggy ^^

its too bad i didnt get a good shot of my male models face. i REALLY uglied him up for that role lol. i wanted a beast. but, it doesnt really show, what a shame.
Back to top Go down
ChicagoStorm
VIP Member
ChicagoStorm

Gothique Pic Thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: Gothique Pic Thread   Gothique Pic Thread I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2010, 11:22 am

I have gimp, but i have no idea how to use it. I need to look up some tutorials for it.

Zeri ~ lol he was quite handsome as a man tho...hmm is he still wandering around somewhere?
Back to top Go down
ChicagoStorm
VIP Member
ChicagoStorm

Gothique Pic Thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: Gothique Pic Thread   Gothique Pic Thread I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2010, 11:46 am

A little bit of picture spamming lol. I think the "Storybook" assignment was when I took the most pictures. I had all kinds of ideas. I went with a modern twist to it.

First I went with a Red Riding Hood falls in love with the Wolf
Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-139-2
Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-143-1
Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-169
*A more sexy approach. The last pic I was trying to make it seem like she has her hand in the thickness of his tail, but it didn't quite look right.*

*Then it clicked, R.R Hood wouldn't be in love with him, so I changed my tactics*
Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-189
Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-192
Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-193-1
Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-199
*So a new outfit and scenery. and I was actually going to go with the 2nd to last picture. But I was waiting it out because I still wasn't happy with it.*

Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-270
Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-274
*Then I found some cool "trench coats" and I was in luck! This was what I really needed. I threw that badazz camaro in to symbolize R.R's basket she was carrying. Added a dirt rode and voila!*

Before I found the coat, I wanted her crimson red hair to substitute the red hood, and when I did find the hood, I thought it'd be nice to keep it, spice it up a bit.I also thought it would be cool to throw in a hidden symbol. The red tree. I wanted it to represent, danger/awareness I guess because the wolf is close by... So that's why it appears in every shot. Gothique Pic Thread Icon_lol I probably put too much thought into this lol
Back to top Go down
Zeri
Zeri

Gothique Pic Thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: Gothique Pic Thread   Gothique Pic Thread I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2010, 2:18 pm

no, putting extra thought into a shot like that is what makes it so great! your picture was one of my favorites, it took me a few looks before i even noticed the wolf!
once i did it was like WOW! it really seemed to bring the whole scene home.
but ive always been a person very appreciative of the symbolic.

and Raven's 'handsome' beau is no longer with us Razz after i killed him (the final time) for the last shot i just left him dead. he was just a townie she married when i wasnt playing her anyway lol
Back to top Go down
Akasha
VIP Member
Akasha

Donor/$upporter : Gothique Pic Thread Th_banner
Pisces
Comments : No comment....

Gothique Pic Thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: Gothique Pic Thread   Gothique Pic Thread I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2010, 2:29 pm

Just noticed this thread! lol Awesome pics, guys!! cheers
Back to top Go down
bubby189
VIP Member
bubby189

Gothique Pic Thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: Gothique Pic Thread   Gothique Pic Thread I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2010, 3:35 pm

Whoa! How long has this been here? Didn't notice it either.OOHHH, just noticed the guy in the back ground. The one who looks like a Chippendale dancer. Can I have him? I promise to take good care of him. Gothique Pic Thread Icon_twisted Gothique Pic Thread Icon_cool It's the eyes.. the rest too! LOL
Back to top Go down
ChicagoStorm
VIP Member
ChicagoStorm

Gothique Pic Thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: Gothique Pic Thread   Gothique Pic Thread I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2010, 1:17 am

haha thanks zeri Gothique Pic Thread Icon_lol. Yeah he was somewhat hard to spot, but very cool when you did notice him.

Akasha~ lol we're in the cut over here. I'm sure you might have a few pics from your examples...hint hint

Bubby~ Ah about a few days now. Sure you could have him lol. His name is Lucro, pretty hot huh Gothique Pic Thread Icon_twisted ,I'll add him to my blog when I get around to it.
Back to top Go down
Zeri
Zeri

Gothique Pic Thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: Gothique Pic Thread   Gothique Pic Thread I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2010, 11:44 pm

ok this isnt from the competion directly, but it does involve my mode from it.

afrer i dropped out, i just let Raven free to roam and let story progression have its way with her.

well, i guess a messege that she tied the knot. and i was like WHAT?? who??
well as luck would have it, i was in town with another sim and she showed up

Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-79

sickeningly happy

but her fella isnt too bad! story progression finaly picked a decent one lol
Back to top Go down
bubby189
VIP Member
bubby189

Gothique Pic Thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: Gothique Pic Thread   Gothique Pic Thread I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2010, 1:12 am

She's pretty Zeri.
Back to top Go down
Akasha
VIP Member
Akasha

Donor/$upporter : Gothique Pic Thread Th_banner
Pisces
Comments : No comment....

Gothique Pic Thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: Gothique Pic Thread   Gothique Pic Thread I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2010, 9:14 am

Alrighty, I'll bite. lol I'm sorry I didn't get a pic in this assignment...been busy...and lazy... >.>

Anywho, here's one from the first assignment...I did Hippy Goth. I love the pose in this one, but her face looks horrible.
Gothique Pic Thread 21e6j3s

I showed this one on the official site, but I'll show it again...it's from Denial.
Gothique Pic Thread 257o9w4

Another one from Denial...
Gothique Pic Thread B8u4r8

This one's from Guilt...I really like it, but it's kind of hard to tell what's going on...
Gothique Pic Thread 2h7l17r
Back to top Go down
Zeri
Zeri

Gothique Pic Thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: Gothique Pic Thread   Gothique Pic Thread I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2010, 9:53 am

wow that last one is cool. almost looks real. but yeah its lacking in any 'story' so you have to guess whats going on. really cool tho!
Back to top Go down
ChicagoStorm
VIP Member
ChicagoStorm

Gothique Pic Thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: Gothique Pic Thread   Gothique Pic Thread I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2010, 8:11 pm

I really like the first one akasha, the mist from the waterfall makes it all mystical spooky like
Back to top Go down
ChicagoStorm
VIP Member
ChicagoStorm

Gothique Pic Thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: Gothique Pic Thread   Gothique Pic Thread I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 6:00 pm

ESPM (Epic Spam Pic Moment) coming up soon! I can't wait to see if Cycle 2 joins this thread once their first assignment is done.
Back to top Go down
ChicagoStorm
VIP Member
ChicagoStorm

Gothique Pic Thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: Gothique Pic Thread   Gothique Pic Thread I_icon_minitimeJune 21st 2010, 10:33 pm

"In the woods"
Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-302
Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-305
Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-309

"Denial"
Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-371
Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-376
Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-383-1
Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-386-1

"Guilt"
Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-461
Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-466-1
Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-468-2
Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-469
Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-476
Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-478-2

"Anger"
Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-533-2
Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-534-1

"Bargaining"
Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-651
Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-652
Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-653
Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-655

"Depression"
Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-716
Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-718
Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-723
Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-730

"Acceptance"
Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-768
Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-770
*I seriously hate that I fell asleep for this assignment and did a rush job..nevertheless it is a cute pic*

That's all for me folks, no more pics, although I may just do some of the assignments from Cycle 2 or something similar with a gothic touch for fun, I love that comp!
Back to top Go down
RepulsiveDesire
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
RepulsiveDesire

Scorpio

Gothique Pic Thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: Gothique Pic Thread   Gothique Pic Thread I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2010, 11:28 pm

Wow you guys even have amazing outtakes. I really love all the creativity that is brought out in people in this competition. Ok here are some of mine from this first assignment Well this first one isn't an outtake so much as a larger view of the set i built for this assignment.

Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-201
Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-189
Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-192
Gothique Pic Thread Screenshot-190
Back to top Go down
ChicagoStorm
VIP Member
ChicagoStorm

Gothique Pic Thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: Gothique Pic Thread   Gothique Pic Thread I_icon_minitimeJune 25th 2010, 2:50 pm

RD I love your pics! Your devil guys creep me out and really look the part Smile Your set is just amazing. Where did you get the sword and rose petals from? Beautiful dress too!
Back to top Go down
RepulsiveDesire
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
RepulsiveDesire

Scorpio

Gothique Pic Thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: Gothique Pic Thread   Gothique Pic Thread I_icon_minitimeJune 27th 2010, 2:13 pm

The sword is from a site that is no longer up and running but I could send you the file if you wanted. It was a site by MellisaMel or something like that, I know she put some of her stuff up on MTS but not any of her weapons.

The rose petals are from a TSR set by....Gosik I believe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gothique Pic Thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: Gothique Pic Thread   Gothique Pic Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gothique Pic Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Creative Corner :: Creative Photography-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com