Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

Glendalough: A Peculiar World for TS3 by neuroticrobotic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Evie
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Evie

Top Poster : Glendalough: A Peculiar World for TS3 by neuroticrobotic Topposter
Featured Artist : Glendalough: A Peculiar World for TS3 by neuroticrobotic Badge-1-1
Sagittarius

Glendalough: A Peculiar World for TS3 by neuroticrobotic Vide
PostSubject: Glendalough: A Peculiar World for TS3 by neuroticrobotic   Glendalough: A Peculiar World for TS3 by neuroticrobotic I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2011, 12:08 pm

neuroticrobotic wrote:

Glendalough: A Peculiar World for TS3 by neuroticrobotic _big

Glendalough is a strange, sleepy town nestled between rows of rolling green hills. The thickly wooded landscape is riddled with odd ruins, strange swamps, and massive boulders. The old homes range from refined to rustic and the various parks and civic buildings are overgrown and gray.

This world was built on a large-sized map, but the playable area is equivalent to that of a medium-sized world. There are a little over 100 lots (including two secret tombs), the vast majority of which were built from scratch by me. There is a decent number of empty lots within that count, so you can easily build and expand. Glendalough has unique sky and water and also features multiple rabbit hole recolors. It's unpopulated, so you're free to mold the town's inhabitants to your liking.

I'd also liked to add that the various lots and streets in Glendalough are named after all manner of nerdy things including Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Lovecraft, and... Mushrooms.

Overhead View

If you want to get a better sense of this world, there's about 100 additional pictures and some documentation here.

Requirements

Eps: Base Game, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night
Patch: At least 1.22

Stuff Pack Content: (Nab at MATY, SimsStore, or SimsFairyTales)

Riverview(installed normally via the launcher, it's free after all)

Dr. Prosper's Glowing Orb *
Pastoral Perfection Stove *
Retronator Stove(Regal Living Kitchen) *
Window of All-Knowing(Regal Living Kitchen) *

* These were run through S3RC and then installed as Sims3packs, I think the same process must be used in order for them to show up properly

CC:
Awesim's Cornices
Jynx's Rabbit Hole Doors

Known Issues

When the world is loaded for the first time, you will need to save, exit to the main menu, and then reenter the world. This is to ensure the fog emitter effects will show up properly. If you don't do this, you will have lots of weird foggy spots on the ground instead of pigeons and fireflies. You will only need to do this the very first time you open the world. ;D

Sometimes, Jynx's Rabbithole doors will not show up properly after installing. If this is the case with you, you will need to replace these objects on the following lots (please click names for pictures):

Broadmoore Military Base
Haverhill Hospital
Fletchley&Finch(Business Center)

Credits

Thanks to the ever awesome Plasticbox for the use of Wee Barnoid #23 and Wee Barnoid #08. I only slightly modified their exteriors so that they better fit within the world. Also, I'd like to thank MTS's awesome CAW resources. Lastly, many, many, many thanks to the people who were kind enough to test this world for me: Simtarts, Mielekat, Engram, Tiptoehappiness & Vintagecat! I'm also grateful to everyone else who provided me with feedback and encouragement along the way.

It goes without saying that if anyone has trouble with this thing or has any questions, feel free to speak up!
You may also go ahead and use this in your own creations. Just keep it off of grubby paysites and remember to provide me with a little credit. ^_^

View & Download
View & Download
View & Download
Back to top Go down
Shyne
VIP Member
Shyne

Donor/$upporter : Glendalough: A Peculiar World for TS3 by neuroticrobotic Th_banner
Top Poster : Glendalough: A Peculiar World for TS3 by neuroticrobotic Topposter
Featured Artist : Glendalough: A Peculiar World for TS3 by neuroticrobotic Badge-1-1
Scorpio
Comments : *KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK* Penny.
*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK* Penny.
*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK* Penny.

PostSubject: Re: Glendalough: A Peculiar World for TS3 by neuroticrobotic   Glendalough: A Peculiar World for TS3 by neuroticrobotic I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2011, 6:43 pm

Oh I like this <3 Thanks for sharing Evie.
Back to top Go down
nygirl.sims
nygirl.sims

Virgo
Comments : "If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything." Not sure who its by as there are a million variations of this saying...but it is my favorite!

PostSubject: Re: Glendalough: A Peculiar World for TS3 by neuroticrobotic   Glendalough: A Peculiar World for TS3 by neuroticrobotic I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2011, 8:06 pm

This looks so cute and cozy!
Back to top Go down
dollfie
dollfie

PostSubject: Re: Glendalough: A Peculiar World for TS3 by neuroticrobotic   Glendalough: A Peculiar World for TS3 by neuroticrobotic I_icon_minitimeDecember 24th 2011, 2:12 am

This is so lovely. c:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Glendalough: A Peculiar World for TS3 by neuroticrobotic   Glendalough: A Peculiar World for TS3 by neuroticrobotic I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Glendalough: A Peculiar World for TS3 by neuroticrobotic

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Custom Content :: Index Of Custom Content :: Worlds-
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com