Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dachshundsr4me
dachshundsr4me

Featured Artist : HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game) Badge-1-1
Virgo

HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game) Vide
PostSubject: HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game)   HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game) I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2011, 2:12 am

HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game) Marie2 She was softened in the portrait and that is why u cant see every eyelash and such...I do that with photoshop....see the bottom picture for the raw picture that was not enhanced using photoshop (the last one below)

See i tinkered with the Graphisrule file to make sure that it allows for more pixels thus allowing for better picture taking...that thing on the site that does it for you (AWT's site) didnt work for me so i went in notepad and did it myself...i am willing to upload my graphicsrule file for anyone wishing to use it....you have to paste it in c:/ Programs File 86/Electronic Arts/sims 3/game/bin

(this is the tweaked Graphics Rule file for downloading)

Well its here if you want it...all it did was double to number in the graphics area for the sims details is all....not for trees and such though...i left those the same. I have been running it in game now and my game is patched with the new patch too and have had no problems...be sure to copy a copy of the original and place the copy in your documents folder in case you decide you do not care for this being this way so you can revert back to the old graphics settings. Another of my sims with the graphicsrule set to the way i set it.

HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game) Noel

Here is her picture untouched without adding softness or anything to the picture...this is the raw picture that was taken and how the graphics preview without touching them up in photoshop....This is what you will get photo wise with the graphisrule file i have uploaded for anyone who wants to use it. This is the highest setting on sims details in game with my tweak....The next to the highest setting would be the highest setting that EA has made so if you like that way then all u have to do is just set the sims detail to medium under the options menu. But if you want to be able to see every eyelash and every last detail just add my tweaked graphicsrule where i specified and set the setting to high in your options menu in game and walla...HQ detail...you will now have Hi Definitions Sims
HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game) Noeluntoched

The white patches on her face is a blush that i am not sure i am happy with 100%...i set it to use as a highlighter...hum...anyway the graphics rule file did not cause that...that was the makeup i used on her in game.But the seeing of every eyelash and such...that is the tweaked graphics rule file.

This is the area i changed in my file (the area highlighted in orange):

setting $High
prop $ConfigGroup RenderSimLODDistances "5, 30, 85, 250"
prop $ConfigGroup RenderSimTextureSizes "2048, 2048, 256, 128" prop $ConfigGroup RenderSimUseSpecular "1, 1, 1, 0"
prop $ConfigGroup CASLightMapWidth 1024
prop $ConfigGroup CASLightMapFilteringEnabled true
prop $ConfigGroup CASSinglePassShaderEnabled false
prop $ConfigGroup CASSimpleHairShaderEnabled false
prop $ConfigGroup CASRenderTargetSize 2048 prop $ConfigGroup MinSimLOD 1
prop $ConfigGroup ActiveLODLimit 200
prop $ConfigGroup ShaderSkinCompositing true
setting $VeryHigh
prop $ConfigGroup RenderSimLODDistances "25, 50, 100, 1000"
prop $ConfigGroup RenderSimTextureSizes 4096, 4096, 512, 128" < this use to be 2048 instead of 4096 and this now becomes the new MY Tweaked Highest Setting on your sims details instead of EA's default setting...this only effects the sims details is all....not for trees or other objects in game
prop $ConfigGroup RenderSimUseSpecular "1, 1, 1, 1"
prop $ConfigGroup CASLightMapWidth 1024
prop $ConfigGroup CASLightMapFilteringEnabled true
prop $ConfigGroup CASSinglePassShaderEnabled false
prop $ConfigGroup CASSimpleHairShaderEnabled false
prop $ConfigGroup CASRenderTargetSize 4096 prop $ConfigGroup MinSimLOD 0
prop $ConfigGroup ActiveLODLimit 200
prop $ConfigGroup ShaderSkinCompositing true
end

Last edited by dachshundsr4me on October 19th 2011, 11:45 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Top Poster : HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game) Topposter
Featured Artist : HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game) Badge-1-1
Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game)   HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game) I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2011, 4:50 am

I think she looks lovely with the HD but I think she looks great without it also. I LOVE the effects of HD but people have complained (not to me because I've never used it) about some creators using it and using photoshop and it not showing the true creation.

I guess I can understand that though. I know one time I was accused of using photoshop on one of my uploaded sims and I told them that I didn't even know how to use ps so that was a false statement! happy2 *NEW*
Back to top Go down
Sleepy-Genius
Graphic Designer
Sleepy-Genius

Donor/$upporter : HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game) Th_banner
Pisces
Comments : Sometimes you need help to get out of that cement of shyness. That is why God made jackhammers!! *drills*

PostSubject: Re: HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game)   HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game) I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2011, 5:51 am

Yeah, I'm not a good photoshopper, but I would love to try. I just use as is.
Back to top Go down
dachshundsr4me
dachshundsr4me

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game)   HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game) I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2011, 11:00 am

I do not make my sims not look like they should all i do is add the glowing effect to my pictures and you know that sims do not glow in game so no worries there that a sims will glow...lol...if someone thinks their sim is gonna glow in game then i have no idea what to say to them.... shocked :rofl:*new* wtf *NEW* Probably be thinking what the last smilie is saying.
Back to top Go down
Shyne
VIP Member
Shyne

Donor/$upporter : HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game) Th_banner
Scorpio
Comments : *KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK* Penny.
*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK* Penny.
*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK* Penny.

PostSubject: Re: HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game)   HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game) I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2011, 5:14 pm

Interesting! I've always had my graphics at max, and you can really tell when there was a time I wasn't using them at max lol XD
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Tech Support : HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game) Os51eg
Leo

PostSubject: Re: HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game)   HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game) I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2011, 7:20 pm

I messed with this HD feature thingy by aWT, but I have removed it.
I have all my graphic options in my game set to the highest level possible and run my game in 1920*1080 resolution. When using the HD thingy I could barely see any difference in my game, but this is probably due to my top of the line graphics card ;)
However and this is also mentioned on aWT's blog, this HD thingy is only meant for taking pics in game and NOT meant for normal game play (!!), as the graphics (screen) build up within normal game play will really be slow or lag.
Back to top Go down
dachshundsr4me
dachshundsr4me

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game)   HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game) I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2011, 9:02 pm

I haven't had any slow playing with my system but i also have a mega computer. 1TB = (1000GB) hard drive and 6GB SDRam ..touch screen with processing unit all in the monitor...wireless and it only needs one plug...no other cords needed due to the wifi feature. Just the power cord...the mouse and keyboard are both wireless. It is a desktop but i also have a laptop that has 8 GB SDRam 680GB HD and the works with it..I play the sims on that as well. I really only see a difference when taking screenshots...this would be more for someone who is a story player or a creator who wants to really show off their work. Then I have a 3rd computer and its a laptop as well but its just your basic and i have since given it to my sister in law. I tell you what though there is no lack for computers in my home.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game)   HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game) I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2011, 9:13 pm

You sound like my sister, she doesn't just buy a computer...she buys a COMPUTER!! She is a serious tech nerd...as I am, but she can afford the way better quality than I can. I'm not complaining, I very satisfied with my computers. I want my son to build my next one though...he builds those mega monsters!! Rawr!
Back to top Go down
dachshundsr4me
dachshundsr4me

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game)   HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game) I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2011, 11:37 pm

I went to school for computer programing and that is the only reason i have no fear in messing with codes in game. I do know this code change will not hurt any computer but it may make it lag and that is the reason i kept the next setting down like it would be in highest setting to allow users to be able to choose the normal EA Highest setting while playing and use the other while taking pictures. But yeah its why when i buy a computer and its usually from QVC lol I buy the best...The reason why...QVC allows payments with your debit card and they send out tons of super software...I got photoshop Elements as well and mccafee for 4 years...loads of stuff too much to mention and as well as that they also have extras on the computers because it comes from them...like this computer i have wouldn't have had some of the blings it has had it not come from them.
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Tech Support : HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game) Os51eg
Leo

PostSubject: Re: HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game)   HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game) I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2011, 5:45 pm

I'm happy for you the HD aWT thing works for you Big smile but AWT warned himself it's for taking pics only use and not for normal game play, as the HD thingy tends to slow up the graphic build up of the screen and stuff ;)

By the way I have a desktop and a laptop as well ;)
I have a Intel i7 CPU 2.67 GHZ with 12GB RAM (windows experience 7.8 out of 7.9) with a 64bit Windows 7 OS. I addition an AT Radeon HD 5900 1GB graphic card with HDMI and 8 (yes eight !) 500GB hard drives. My computer screen is HDMI connected with a resolution of 1920*1080 (is the same resolution as a HD Television).

The quality of the graphics is a result of the combination of ones graphic card AND the screen used. Both need to have similar performances to come to the best quality ones computer can provide.
Back to top Go down
Red
Red

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game)   HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game) I_icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2011, 9:38 pm

you guys are so high tech lol. I use aWTs HQ mod 2048x2048. I would not use it if i could but silly me forgot to make a copy of the original graphics rule file so im stuck with it Sad... its not too bad though coz i dont really use the Sims for gameplay just when I'm creating Smile
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game)   HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game) I_icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2011, 10:11 pm

I need that ciggie!!!! hiho
Back to top Go down
Red
Red

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game)   HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game) I_icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2011, 10:45 pm

HAHAA!....i got it from Rose cece. here it is if u want it: http://www.rosesims2.net/sims3/Accessory/rose_sims3_acc018.htm

Big smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game)   HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Creative Corner :: Creative Photography-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com