Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

Rules and Guidelines for uploading your Sims and/or Creations

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Top Poster : Rules and Guidelines for uploading your Sims and/or Creations Topposter
Featured Artist : Rules and Guidelines for uploading your Sims and/or Creations Badge-1-1
Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

Rules and Guidelines for uploading your Sims and/or Creations Vide
PostSubject: Rules and Guidelines for uploading your Sims and/or Creations   Rules and Guidelines for uploading your Sims and/or Creations I_icon_minitimeJune 6th 2012, 8:24 pm

A Few Guidelines And Rules You Need To Follow Before You Upload Your Sim:

1: We are all about presentation. Do not upload sloppy pictures that you have taken little to no care in producing. To 'sell' a product the packaging and advertsing is everything. People will not be interested in downloading your Sim if you have taken little care in the way you display it.

2: You MUST list as much of the Custom Content used on your Sim and for the items that you can't recall where you got them from, at least a note at the bottom of your post giving a 'Thank you' to ALL creator's would be nice. If another member offers you the information of a particular item on your Sim, take this and apply it to your list of custom content.

3: Be sure to list all Mods, Sliders and Games including Stuff Packs and Expansion Packs you currently have installed in your game. If your uploaded Sim does not require any of these additions then please state this with your upload.

4: Please mention the latest update you have installed in your game. Since Pet's, there has been some problems regarding some of the patches and updates so this would just be a courtesy.

5: Please do NOT stretch the page with overly large pictures. I don't mind the number of pictures you display; you should be proud of your work, just don't make the pages explode by having your pictures too large.

6: The 100 x 100 picture is NO LONGER a requirement. We don't have the Sim Index any longer so this size picture is not needed.*

7: With your upload please include a side view, or a profile view of your Sim. Please include a full body shot. Please post at least one pic of your Sim in CAS but the rest should be IN GAME pictures. CAS pictures and In Game shots tend to look so different. If you use any type of photo enhancement, please make sure you note this with your Sim. Example, HQ mod.

8: IMPORTANT!! DO NOT STEAL OTHERS CREATIONS AND POST THEM AS YOUR OWN! ANYONE CAUGHT MAKING THIS OFFENSE WILL BE BANNED FROM FUTURE UPLOADS ON CSTYLES. PIRACY IS NOT TOLERATED NOR ACCEPTED ON CSTYLES. IF YOU 'RE MAKE OR MAKEOVER' A SIM, PLEASE GET THE ORIGINAL CREATORS PERMISSION BEFORE POSTING THIS SIM AND POST A LINK BACK TO THE ORIGINAL CREATOR. YOU GET ONLY ONE WARNING IF IT'S FOUND OUT THAT YOU HAVE STOLEN SOMEONE ELSE'S WORK, IF DONE AGAIN YOU WILL BE BANNED FROM CSTYLES PERMANENTLY.

9: There is no limit on how many Sims you can upload here. As long as you follow the guidelines you should have no problems. If we (staff) see that you are not following the guidelines you will be notified via pm and asked to change your presentation to the correct guidelines. Failure to do this in an appropriate amount of time can result in your posted Sim being deleted. We will work hard to NOT have to come to this but it has to work on both sides of the table.

10: Cstyles has NO objections nor problems with you uploading your Sims from your own private blog, forum or the EA forum. Just add a link back to your original posting. I do ask that you NOT take advantage of Cstyles and use us only to advertise your blog or forum. Do NOT just upload ONLY Sims from your blogs or forums or the EA site. If we (staff) find that you are ONLY uploading Sims that lead back your blog, forum or the EA site, you will be given notice that we are aware of this and ask you to stop. If you can't abide by this tiny guideline then please don't upload your Sims on Cstyles.

11: Have fun, be creative, be proud of your work!! ;)

::This guideline works for Sim uploads as well as your custom creations and the same rules apply!::

*EvaTer has pointed out that if you use the 100 x 100 thumbnail pic it looks better when sharing on facebook. I'd love for us all to start posting our creations on the Cstyles Sims 3 FB page so you really get your creations notice and build up your reputations as creator's.
With that being said, if you place a 100 x 100 pic of your sim or creations, it is more likely to get more notice than NOT posting one.

Last edited by cecesaun1 on June 10th 2012, 10:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Top Poster : Rules and Guidelines for uploading your Sims and/or Creations Topposter
Featured Artist : Rules and Guidelines for uploading your Sims and/or Creations Badge-1-1
Tech Support : Rules and Guidelines for uploading your Sims and/or Creations Os51eg
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for uploading your Sims and/or Creations   Rules and Guidelines for uploading your Sims and/or Creations I_icon_minitimeJune 9th 2012, 4:01 pm

Thanks for these new rules CeCe ! Smile I think they're great rules to work with.

On a side note:
I think I'll still use the 100 * 100 picture when posting simmehs, as when you share the page with the sim on Facebook (for instance) the thumb will look much better when using the small 100 * 100 pic when sharing on FB ;)
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for uploading your Sims and/or Creations   Rules and Guidelines for uploading your Sims and/or Creations I_icon_minitimeJune 9th 2012, 9:28 pm

Ah, I didn't know that!! Great point. So I guess we can make it user's choice. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Tech Support : Rules and Guidelines for uploading your Sims and/or Creations Os51eg
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for uploading your Sims and/or Creations   Rules and Guidelines for uploading your Sims and/or Creations I_icon_minitimeJune 10th 2012, 5:09 pm

Yeah "smaller" pics really work better when sharing pages with a "thumbnail" on facebook. I'll keep on using these 100 * 100 pics when posting my simmehs Big smile
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for uploading your Sims and/or Creations   Rules and Guidelines for uploading your Sims and/or Creations I_icon_minitimeJune 10th 2012, 10:33 pm

I will add this information so others can know if they want to share their creatons on facebook. Thanks Eva!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Guidelines for uploading your Sims and/or Creations   Rules and Guidelines for uploading your Sims and/or Creations I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rules and Guidelines for uploading your Sims and/or Creations

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Sims :: Rules And Guidelines For Uploading Your Sims/Custom Content-
Forum free | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com