Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

has anyone noticed the sims are a dying breed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dachshundsr4me
dachshundsr4me

Featured Artist : has anyone noticed the sims are a dying breed Badge-1-1
Virgo

has anyone noticed the sims are a dying breed Vide
PostSubject: has anyone noticed the sims are a dying breed   has anyone noticed the sims are a dying breed I_icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2013, 7:10 pm

I just know that when sims i make get downloaded like 2 or 3 times it means the sims are dying....the game is getting ready to be done and gone to be honest with you...i love the game but its for sure not what it use to be...

Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: has anyone noticed the sims are a dying breed   has anyone noticed the sims are a dying breed I_icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2013, 7:21 pm

I wouldn't say the game is "dying" - I think the community is more active than ever, but it seems like a lot of the traffic has moved to Tumblr.

That's also true for the general "blogosphere" outside of sims. I prefer the format of Blogger, honestly, just for the sake of the commenting system, but it's undeniable that free sites hosted on this platform get considerably less traffic.

A lot of sims sharing is focused around images and content (even the sim legacies and stories people write generally have writing in a shorter, caption like format) and that works extremely well with Tumblr.

That being said, there are also fans whose favor for the game has waned due to overpriced content and constant bugs.

Sim downloads aren't always the big hitters, just because so many players also enjoy creating sims. Custom content, especially cosmetic stuff, is generally going to get more downloads.

I'm enjoying the game right now, but I also play it in my own little bubble, so to speak. If the game is losing interest for you personally, that's one thing, but don't let a decrease in downloads keep you from enjoying yourself. Smile
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Top Poster : has anyone noticed the sims are a dying breed Topposter
Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: has anyone noticed the sims are a dying breed   has anyone noticed the sims are a dying breed I_icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2013, 2:00 am

I have to agree with Ameenah. Tumblr is very very popular right now, I tried to set up an account myself, but as soon as I set it up I deleted it. I just don't have the patience nor the time for it right now. Like Ameenah, I enjoy the Blogger format and the forum format better than something like Tumblr, but to each his or her own.

I also enjoy my game in my own little bubble, my only hinderance is trying to make my sims more versatile, but due to lack of ethnic hairs and male hairs for that matter, it's extremely hard to make them stand out especially if you have a certain 'style' to your craftsmanship.

I do get annoyed with the bugs....that is speaking it calmly, but it does irritate the heck out of me to see so much money that has gone into this game to consistently have bugs and glitches.

I have noticed that Facebook also helps generate more population, gets more attention to your creations as well as ms3b. We try everything we can to try and make sure that our creator's get the attention they deserve.

I guess I'm a little different, if only 2 or 3 of my sims get downloaded I'm happy. That means I've made something that someone else appreciates and wants enough to play in their game.

I would not be able to say the Sims was a dying breed due to me not getting as many downloads as I feel I should. This game is a world wide game and it's still very active! ;)

Also, on a personal note...I find that I just don't download as much as I use to. So that could be it also and I also see a huge rise in more people learning how to create Sims and other custom content therefore making the need to download or use others Sims and stuff not needed as much. Still needed...don't get me wrong...but not as much as it was in the beginning.
Back to top Go down
Akasha
VIP Member
Akasha

Donor/$upporter : has anyone noticed the sims are a dying breed Th_banner
Pisces
Comments : No comment....

PostSubject: Re: has anyone noticed the sims are a dying breed   has anyone noticed the sims are a dying breed I_icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2013, 3:28 am

I don't think it's dying necessarily, just slowing down due to EA being money hungry douchebags that don't pay attention to what their fans really want... Don't take people not downloading your sims personally. I for one never download sims, as I prefer to make my own...I usually play with the same few characters, and put them into different situations. The reason why I don't download sims is because it's annoying when the sim is all about the CC that's used, and not really about the actual skill involved in making their face unique. I have enough CC in my game, I'd rather not have to download a bunch more that I'd only ever use for one sim, you know. But that's just how I feel about it. I know a lot of people enjoy it, and am not condemning it.
Back to top Go down
dachshundsr4me
dachshundsr4me

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: has anyone noticed the sims are a dying breed   has anyone noticed the sims are a dying breed I_icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2013, 6:44 am

Maybe dying down is not the correct word...i also think like you Cece that people do not download like they use too...i think they feel the game is buggy enough without the need to download something else...I make my sims more for my own enjoyment and for Mamx who (his poor poor game) has every sim i have ever made...rofl..what can i say..Bff's download your sims no matter what...he even has some i have made just for him..=) Wouldn't all of you like to see them? It is time for me to make him a special fella just for his game too..I think i am just happy that he likes them..I do get his help a lot in making a sim..He tells me what he thinks needs changing..love that about him. Helps me make my male sims look hawt. So anyone who is enjoying my male sims you have to thank Todd too because without him they for sure would not look as hawt.

I have a tumbler account but have not done anything with it...i like blogger better too..and facebook yeah its good too...addicted to facebook...anyone wanting to friend me i am on there

https://www.facebook.com/robin.feagan.3

Anywho...I am hoping university will give it a tad more life...for sure the last stuff pack was not anything to write home about...probably wont buy it...and i hate not having every pack but that one just stinks IMO....Just glad to be creating...i stopped creating when my mom got sick..Sims 2 hairs and such...even poor Todd I fell off his radar...so that was ruff because i missed a dear friend for a very long time...I think she would be happy knowing i create again...and the fact that my dear friend is back in my life...as well as the other friends i have made since creating again.
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Tech Support : has anyone noticed the sims are a dying breed Os51eg
Leo

PostSubject: Re: has anyone noticed the sims are a dying breed   has anyone noticed the sims are a dying breed I_icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2013, 5:10 pm

A lot of simmers / creators use both Tumblr, Facebook and Pinterest even (or other social media for that matter) for "supporting" or "promoting" their sims or creations. A lot of the creations are still on blogger though (or similar blog like sites), it's just that a lot of traffic and "promoting" is going on, on Tumblr these days.
It's "easy" to use and it "reaches" more simmers, as users can reblog your posts for instance.
Since a couple of months I'm using Tumblr as well to support my creations, as well as to promote Cstyles.
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra
Comments : adult living in canada

PostSubject: Re: has anyone noticed the sims are a dying breed   has anyone noticed the sims are a dying breed I_icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2013, 5:15 pm

i have noticed that tumblr is exploding a bit yeah. so the reposting thing is what makes so popular ahhhhhh. as for pinterest , that for selling stuff isnt it? party on dude!
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: has anyone noticed the sims are a dying breed   has anyone noticed the sims are a dying breed I_icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2013, 5:18 pm

@Dach...I added you on Facebook so look for my friend request! hiho

@Eva...yeah...I was thinking of using it to promote Cstyles and our members and creators as well, but I also just thought that I can barely keep up with other updates and Ameenah and Sleepy have been FANTASTIC with keeping Facebook updated;, so I thought maybe later. Our Facebook page alone is tremendously growing because the girls keep it updated and I believe as well other's, yourself included, have also been totally fab at promoting Cstyles as well as others creations. I see on Facebook all the time where you constantly post other creator's goods!! hiho
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: has anyone noticed the sims are a dying breed   has anyone noticed the sims are a dying breed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

has anyone noticed the sims are a dying breed

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Discussions :: Sims General Discussion-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com