Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

Can anyone help with making a custom content tsrw?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mysims
Mysims

Comments : Um what do I put here? I'm Canadian, Yes, it's cold here. I love the Sims and I'm fairly awkward. Could you tell?

Can anyone help with making a custom content tsrw? Vide
PostSubject: Can anyone help with making a custom content tsrw?   Can anyone help with making a custom content tsrw? I_icon_minitimeMay 31st 2013, 2:13 pm

I was pretty excited that I figured out how to make a custom painting in tsrw! Yay for me! humana

However I get a message in tsrw "This project do not have default diagonal mesh. So you need to update mesh, slots and footprints for the diagonal version manually" I thought I figured it out but when I go into buy mode in-game you can't place the painting on diagonal walls.

Does anybody know how you go about updating mesh, slots and footprints?

I would be ever so grateful for your help.

Oh, here's the painting that I made. It's soooo cheesy. It's actually one of my screenshots lol!

Can anyone help with making a custom content tsrw? Camille-Copy
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Top Poster : Can anyone help with making a custom content tsrw? Topposter
Featured Artist : Can anyone help with making a custom content tsrw? Badge-1-1
Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help with making a custom content tsrw?   Can anyone help with making a custom content tsrw? I_icon_minitimeMay 31st 2013, 11:29 pm

I have no clue on how to work any of this...but I applaud you for learning it!! I wish I could help. Sad...
Back to top Go down
Mysims
Mysims

Comments : Um what do I put here? I'm Canadian, Yes, it's cold here. I love the Sims and I'm fairly awkward. Could you tell?

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help with making a custom content tsrw?   Can anyone help with making a custom content tsrw? I_icon_minitimeJune 1st 2013, 12:33 am

Thank you Cece.
I was so happy that I figured out how to make the darn things then they wouldn't go on a diagonal wall! facepalm

They're still ok but just can't go on the diagonal

Here's the ones that I ended up doing. I like really old art. This is Johannes Vermeer. They're not that good. I think I need better images.

Do you think anyone else on here knows how to make custom paintings? Cuz I have another question Smile
Can anyone help with making a custom content tsrw? Johannespaintingame-Copy
Back to top Go down
ice1
ice1

Aquarius
Comments : "If you want your life to be a magnificent story, then begin by realising that you are the author and every day you have the oportunity to write a new page" Mark Houlahan

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help with making a custom content tsrw?   Can anyone help with making a custom content tsrw? I_icon_minitimeJune 1st 2013, 1:38 am

I have made custom paintings but I have never encountered this problem before... are you just cloning EA meshes?
Back to top Go down
Mysims
Mysims

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help with making a custom content tsrw?   Can anyone help with making a custom content tsrw? I_icon_minitimeJune 1st 2013, 10:17 am

Yes, I'm using base game meshes. I only just figured out how to import the expansion pack meshes. And have no idea how to import cc meshes.

If I can't figure it out I'm just gonna put them 'out there' for straight walls only I guess.
Back to top Go down
ice1
ice1

Aquarius
Comments : "If you want your life to be a magnificent story, then begin by realising that you are the author and every day you have the oportunity to write a new page" Mark Houlahan

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help with making a custom content tsrw?   Can anyone help with making a custom content tsrw? I_icon_minitimeJune 1st 2013, 5:45 pm

what verion of TSRW are you using?
Back to top Go down
Mysims
Mysims

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help with making a custom content tsrw?   Can anyone help with making a custom content tsrw? I_icon_minitimeJune 1st 2013, 6:16 pm

I'm using 2.0.72. I think it's the most up to date. Ugh! I'm so frustrated.
Back to top Go down
Mysims
Mysims

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help with making a custom content tsrw?   Can anyone help with making a custom content tsrw? I_icon_minitimeJune 1st 2013, 9:40 pm

Guess What?! I figured it out!!!!

I don't know how I did it but the pictures can now be placed on a diagonal wall!!
dancing

Here's a screenshot, although you can't tell from this picture that they're on the diagonal.

Can anyone help with making a custom content tsrw? Firstscreenshot-Copy

I actually had to set up the wall outside and it was raining but I didn't have a wall big enough inside their house to show all three pictures.
The only problem I have now is that one of the paintings frame isn't recolourable. I don't know what I did wrong with that one but happydance Who cares? I'm so happy.

I've been in front of my computer for two days. I'm sorry to say I haven't even had a shower Embarassed

Thanks so much for your words of encouragement and stay tuned for some pieces d'art coming your way.

Now I'm just getting giddy and I'm going for a shower. img
Back to top Go down
ice1
ice1

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help with making a custom content tsrw?   Can anyone help with making a custom content tsrw? I_icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2013, 3:11 am

Yey im so happy its working for you now Smile

If you want to make the frame recolourable you will have to adjust the mask in the textures tab.

Back to top Go down
Mysims
Mysims

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help with making a custom content tsrw?   Can anyone help with making a custom content tsrw? I_icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2013, 3:57 pm

ice1 wrote:
Yey im so happy its working for you now Smile

If you want to make the frame recolourable you will have to adjust the mask in the textures tab.

Thanks ice1 I have been doing that but it's confusing to me... there are more than one texture in the tabs on the right hand side so I must have textured the wrong mask. I made the first two paintings recolourable but I must have done something wrong to that last one because ....ya, it wasn't recolourable.

Off I go again into tsrw.
Back to top Go down
ice1
ice1

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help with making a custom content tsrw?   Can anyone help with making a custom content tsrw? I_icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2013, 7:20 pm

It can be confusing its all trial and error in the beginning but after awhile it will all start coming together and be much easier. I am no expert but if you have any problems I am happy to help as much as I can Smile
Back to top Go down
Mysims
Mysims

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help with making a custom content tsrw?   Can anyone help with making a custom content tsrw? I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2013, 4:15 pm

ice1 wrote:
It can be confusing its all trial and error in the beginning but after awhile it will all start coming together and be much easier. I am no expert but if you have any problems I am happy to help as much as I can Smile

Thank you for your offer. I'm pretty sure that I will take you up on it. Cuz I'm really a dummy when it comes to, well, anything really. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help with making a custom content tsrw?   Can anyone help with making a custom content tsrw? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can anyone help with making a custom content tsrw?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Creative Corner :: General Creativity-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com