Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

TSR = DEVIL

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RepulsiveDesire
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
RepulsiveDesire

Top Poster : TSR = DEVIL Topposter
Scorpio

TSR = DEVIL Vide
PostSubject: TSR = DEVIL   TSR = DEVIL I_icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2010, 10:45 pm

Ok, so I heard so much bad shit about TSR but never really bought into all of it. I mean yeah they charge but people choose to pay for it, no one forces them. But all these comments I'm reading from them about their magazine is just really pissing me off. The amazing minds behind the SF magazine got a little peeved (and oh so rightly so) about what TSR did with their magazine because there are some things in there that were blatantly ripped from their mag and the ideas behind it. So here are some replys to them

1/ Reply to Madi

So does most magazines - just using different pictures and content. Chances are this may look similar to hundreds of articles found in other magazines as well. The bottom line is that we've not hardcopied anyone, but we've certainly been inspired by many.

2/ Reply to Eve'y & Meestor

I find it strange how you can judge the quality and originality of our magazine based on previews showing 1/3 of the content. When you have one of the printed copies in hand and make a judgment based on that your opinions might actually mea...n something.

We spoke to Living Sims before we embarked on this project and they had no problems with it - why would they, why would anyone? The choice to stick to TSR only content was ours to make and I can't see what the problem is there either? We have the most and best content out of all sites out there, both free and pay - seeking consent from every CC artist out there for each article would just be time consuming and ineffective. Besides we wanted to include the CC used in the magazine with the purchase, once again only possible by sticking to TSR content.

Simspiration is a unique product with a unique style, something you will only realize once you have the "real" issue in your hands - not one of the so called "pdf copies" that's floating around. That's an old working copy nowhere near the final result.

It's not in our interest to mimic what's already out there and we haven't. If you want to smear our efforts further - feel free to do so, but not here. Any further opinions based on nothing but your opinion of TSR will be removed.

If you wish to comment on the actual magazine you are more then welcome, but get a real copy first [:)]

3/

Btw - you do realize the Ekinege pic is an ad right? If she used a similar ad in SF Magazine that's her choice.

You can go to SimInterior Designs to read the whole thread but that's the bit that really made me want to find Steve or whatever the hell his name is and sodomize him with a 14 inch thick dildo... but then again a douche like him might enjoy it.

Sorry, thought I'd share my outrage with some of my favorite people.

Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Featured Artist : TSR = DEVIL Badge-1-1
Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

TSR = DEVIL Vide
PostSubject: Re: TSR = DEVIL   TSR = DEVIL I_icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2010, 10:58 pm

Great read!! Glad you posted!! Dude sounds like a real d*ckweed!! Can we say 'arrogant'...? This will all come back 10 fold I promise. Why do you think I don't advertise them... yeahthat

I don't blame the creators, I blame the people behind that run the site, and make the rules. good post
Back to top Go down
Amieechu
Amieechu

Cancer
Comments : There once was a man from Peru...

TSR = DEVIL Vide
PostSubject: Re: TSR = DEVIL   TSR = DEVIL I_icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2010, 2:23 am

shame I've been hearing some stuff even worse than that. I have joined the masses against.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

TSR = DEVIL Vide
PostSubject: Re: TSR = DEVIL   TSR = DEVIL I_icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2010, 4:35 am

Do tell... lurk I've got all day!
Back to top Go down
Kamikinz
VIP Member
Kamikinz

Capricorn
Comments : So a lady goes into a dentists office, gets on a chair and spreads her legs far apart.

The doctor is shocked to see this so he says: "Excuse me, miss, you must have the wrong place, this is a dentist's office."

The lady answers back: "Well, didn't you put my husband's dentures in last week?" the lady says.

The doctor nodded.

"Well," the lady said, "now you have to get them out."

TSR = DEVIL Vide
PostSubject: Re: TSR = DEVIL   TSR = DEVIL I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2011, 6:00 pm

i only download free ish from there ne ways ..lol
Back to top Go down
Evie
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Evie

Sagittarius

TSR = DEVIL Vide
PostSubject: Re: TSR = DEVIL   TSR = DEVIL I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2011, 6:11 pm

The Sims Resource on Facebook posted an insult towards Morphead on MTS. After the release of the mirrored floor created by Murano on TSR which happened to be a pay item, Morphead made in my opinion a better reflective floor and shared it on the free site Mod the Sims. TSR came back with a post along the lines of "After shameless copy cats we now are offering the reflective floors by Murano for Free!". They of course were referring to Morphead since Morphead is the only other creator to have made a quality reflective floor.

After seeing that I was pretty ticked off so I commented on their post on facebook saying something like this "So I guess I'm a shameless copycat as well since I create free clothing and you guys offer pay clothing right?"

Of course my comment was deleted and all of the comments that were supporting their childish lash against morphead stayed put.

Even though i'm a creator on TSR, I don't agree with their attitude which is why I don't share everything I create there, and I share all of my items on my blog as well as here.
Back to top Go down
Kamikinz
VIP Member
Kamikinz

Capricorn
Comments : So a lady goes into a dentists office, gets on a chair and spreads her legs far apart.

The doctor is shocked to see this so he says: "Excuse me, miss, you must have the wrong place, this is a dentist's office."

The lady answers back: "Well, didn't you put my husband's dentures in last week?" the lady says.

The doctor nodded.

TSR = DEVIL Vide
PostSubject: Re: TSR = DEVIL   TSR = DEVIL I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2011, 6:47 pm

thats childish
Back to top Go down
Xuut
Xuut

Sagittarius

TSR = DEVIL Vide
PostSubject: Re: TSR = DEVIL   TSR = DEVIL I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2011, 12:18 am

It is to my understanding that TSR is kind of like the most hated site in all of the Sims community. >.> And rightly so. They claim to be family friendly but there's stuff there I would not let my little brother see. What I feel really terrible about, is the artists who DO put their stuff on there and they're honest people who make beautiful things and have their items 100% free but it's on an awful site like TSR.

Then I've heard some awful things about it that I disbelieved, but after reading quite a bit of things via PSMD and learning that Featured Artists are actually paid for their work, I kind of felt annoyed. A lot of the FA stuff I've noticed is also done by the non-FAs and they had a tendency to look horridly alike.

I hate TSR now. >.> For all I know artists like this:

http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/Meronin/downloads/browse/category/sims3/skipsetitems/1

who have fantastic talent and make their creations 100% free (I can't find any other site with his/her work either >.>) could have their work being stolen by TSR because for all I know, they could be scum and state in their rules that by uploading your work onto TSR you admit that you give them the right to use your work and say it's their own. I'm trying to find other places where I can download some of my favourite Artists works (i.e: here for Evie's work, artists blogs rather than TSR, etc).
Back to top Go down
Aglaia
Aglaia

Scorpio

TSR = DEVIL Vide
PostSubject: Re: TSR = DEVIL   TSR = DEVIL I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2011, 1:09 am

I ranted about TSR recently on my tubmlr. What TSR said is in italics.

"We will also be rejecting Sims 3 Sims and other content made purely with the Create-A-Sim..."

Um... What.The.Fudge!? I don't create (never would create) for TSR so I can't say I understand the inner workings of it all but isn't that a bit contradictory? How in the name of Sam are you suppose to create a sim without using Create-a-Sim? Are they saying that they are only going to accept sims with download content on them? If so that is equally ridiculous. Tamo (one of my most favorite creators ever) makes GORGEOUS sims without using download content (well a bit of their own but I don't think that's too much.) If I download a sim it is to use it as a base and change the appearance just enough to where it fits my style. Well made sims that don't include any download content are usually the ones I go for. I mean... c'mon TSR! That to me just seems like an insult to all the good creators that don't use download content... and also don't make celebrity sims. I don't understand that part either. I rarely even see celebrity sims in peoples pictures so I don't know how many people go around obsessively downloading them, and what makes them so much more special than an "ordinary" sim... and what qualifies as "ordinary", who gets to make that decision? To me its just another reason people should abandon post over there. They tried to explain this out with a lot of hub-bub. None of it really made any sense and it just read like an answer to give an answer.

"As a result we will also act much more efficiently on reports of any faulty or stolen content"

Why has it taken them so long to care that people over there have been doing shady shit? Why in the world should anyone even believe that they are going to change?
Back to top Go down
FREEDOM_55
FREEDOM_55

Cancer

TSR = DEVIL Vide
PostSubject: Re: TSR = DEVIL   TSR = DEVIL I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2011, 9:10 am

^ Isn't less CC benefitial ?Razz like seriously TSR lol... I agree :TSR has contradictory and hypocritical policies. even the deal they made with Ea and the sims 3 has some shady origins . but I don't want to rant lol

I don't think creators are gonna leave especially when money is involved, similar to the situation of the youtube's partner program and you tubers. TSR treats it as a business and therefore is fundamentally a capitalistic system like the competitive corporate world in rl. There is a hierarchy : The ones with power are the exception to the rules and the ppl on the lower end gets treated unfairly.

Since the sims 2 II was never really a fan of TSR for several reasons ,mainly because of the lack of sense of community IMO and I refuse to support their certain principles. So I don't create there or download from there ever.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

TSR = DEVIL Vide
PostSubject: Re: TSR = DEVIL   TSR = DEVIL I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2011, 1:23 am

Ea and TSR made an agreement...??? What kind of agreement or arrangement...I'm just curious.
Back to top Go down
FREEDOM_55
FREEDOM_55

Cancer

TSR = DEVIL Vide
PostSubject: Re: TSR = DEVIL   TSR = DEVIL I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2011, 2:13 pm

IF I do my own personal take it will be too LTR lol but I did just a general search just now on google and you can find WHOLE sites dedicated to similar opinions lol
like here--->http://tsr.mustbedestroyed.org/?tag=sims-3

*edit*
I was referring to the meshing tool and exclusive partnership
TSR had . when they announced it, it was very controversial for several reasons. But I guess the hype died down over the years.

here is an article speaking off those " shady" dealings v http://tsr.mustbedestroyed.org/?p=791

on a separate: ^ the article above and title is just coincident. I never read it before just a few mins ago. It feels like the authors talked to me before lol

Last edited by FREEDOM_55 on July 31st 2011, 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kamikinz
VIP Member
Kamikinz

Capricorn

The doctor nodded.

TSR = DEVIL Vide
PostSubject: Re: TSR = DEVIL   TSR = DEVIL I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2011, 5:25 pm

smh thats why i get all my ish from the BOOTY!
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

TSR = DEVIL Vide
PostSubject: Re: TSR = DEVIL   TSR = DEVIL I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2011, 10:08 pm

Me too!!!! And will continue to do so!!
Back to top Go down
candesco
candesco

Pisces
Comments : there's no place like 127.0.0.1

TSR = DEVIL Vide
PostSubject: Re: TSR = DEVIL   TSR = DEVIL I_icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2011, 11:06 am

Kamikinz wrote:
smh thats why i get all my ish from the BOOTY!

Or you could use free sites, which make in my opinion much better items.
Most of those so-called artists over at T$R are poor modders and deliver crappy quality.
Few exceptions though. Ekinege is quite good, NataliS too and also Harmonia, Ernhn and BluElla. Miraminkova and Sims2fanBG aren't bad either. And for that i use the booty too and Sunsetsims. Asking money for mods is illegal. But unlike Bethesda, who clearly states that you may not charge for mods, EA doesn't do anything.
Rest is just crap and some are just plain thieves, like pralinesims. I think you all know the story of praline with Lemonleaf. That's why lemonleaf and also Tifa isn't active anymore. I'm hugely disappointed in pralinesims, which also seems to be a racist.
For the rest i'm strolling those little sites and blogs. Those are the ones where you can expect quality. And then there's offcourse MTS, the biggest one around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TSR = DEVIL Vide
PostSubject: Re: TSR = DEVIL   TSR = DEVIL I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TSR = DEVIL

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Discussions :: Sims 3-
Create free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com