Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

In what direction would you like this comp to go...?
Lighter - as in less serious assignments.
CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!! I_vote_lcap8%CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!! I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Darker - as in more serious/depressing/creepy/gory assignments.
CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!! I_vote_lcap67%CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!! I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 8 ]
Same as it has been.
CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!! I_vote_lcap25%CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!! I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Akasha
VIP Member
Akasha

Donor/$upporter : CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!! Th_banner
Top Poster : CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!! Topposter
Pisces
Comments : No comment....

CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!! Vide
PostSubject: CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!!   CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2010, 10:32 am

I'm desperately trying to think of ideas for the next cycle of GB!! I want to start it after LN comes out, because I feel that it will add more interactions and stuff to use for pics. Now, I don't really want full assignment ideas...I just want you to reach in the back of your mind and tell me what you think of when you think of the gothic culture....as in themes...

I appreciate the help!!

I hope you won't think less of me as a host for asking for ideas... scared
Back to top Go down
SweetBaby
VIP Member
SweetBaby

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!!   CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2010, 3:01 pm

Of course we won't think less of you Razz

I don't have any good ideas off the top of my head, cause I'm lame like that...

Maybe you could do an assignment that has no particular theme, just ask them to make a picture that is artsy (like what their idea of what gothic art should look like). For this, it would probably be a good idea to make editing optional.

If I think of something better, I'll let you know :D
Back to top Go down
Akasha
VIP Member
Akasha

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!!   CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2010, 4:59 pm

Ooh...I like it... *scribbles*

Thank you! hiho
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Featured Artist : CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!! Badge-1-1
Tech Support : CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!! Os51eg
Leo

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!!   CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2010, 6:02 pm

Or maybe you can do something with a well know scene or happening (historic) and let contestants hmmm.... Gothify it (LOL ;))
Don't ask.... me and my ponder... hahaha crazy
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!!   CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2010, 10:35 pm

All I could do was cast my vote, which I did, because my brain is non functional at this moment. Once I'm able to repair it, then I may visit this again and reply...but I'm fearful...if my brain is non functional....how do I know when it's functional again? help
Back to top Go down
Akasha
VIP Member
Akasha

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!!   CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2010, 1:38 am

Eva - You know, I was just watching an episode of ANTM where they had to do a modern version of classic art....that'd be kinda cool to see it gothified.... Thank you!

Cece - Lol! It's like when people are like 'Have you lost your mind?!' And you're like '......it was found?...' lol!
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!!   CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2010, 1:47 am

Ohhh...I'm still confused so I guess my brain is still non functional. Darn! confused
Back to top Go down
Akasha
VIP Member
Akasha

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!!   CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2010, 4:06 am

lol
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!!   CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2010, 7:07 am

Well I have learned that sometimes the best / innovative ideas come from the 'weirdest thinking' people, because they totally think outside the box crazy eye, so there's still hope for some of us !! :908:
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!!   CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2010, 7:11 pm

Yayz!!! That makes me feel so much better Eva!! Then she is def on the right site because I, myself is one of the weird thinking people on board!!! Suspect
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!!   CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2010, 7:24 pm

Hmm did I say that ?? LOL, must be cwazy... Ohh that's good !! Or not ?? Hmm I got myself confusseled here... :883:
Back to top Go down
Cel
VIP Member
Cel

Capricorn
Comments : I am the Harlequin, and the Chameleon.

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!!   CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2010, 10:47 pm

Psh, being crazy is the BEST....I'd love to invite you guys into my mind for half a day, mooooooo!
:336:

What do I think of when I think of Gothic culture? Hrrrmmmm...

I had little experience about it before Cycle #1, but doing all of the research was WONDERFUL, and it's so much more fascinating than I'd realized before. So much depth, so many levels. It's hard to describe....

One of my favorite all-around themes I guess was the more classical, maybe 19th/early 20th century style. Gothic cathedrals, long dresses, cholera -- all that good stuff. crazy I think my 'Night in the Woods' picture was centered around that time period. Victorian, I guess. Anyway, when I think of Gothic culture, I really tend to lean toward that time/style/theme. Something truly DARKLY BEAUTIFUL, haunting, chilly, mists and old castles and candelabras and urns and lanterns and stuff like that. I'm really into these Evangeline Ghastly dolls (cant afford them!), but they remind me of that. So I think I'm just a *little* more drawn to the classical (Victorian?) era gothic style than the more modern stuff (though after joining GB, I came to REALLY enjoy the modern stuff). Really dark, mysterious, quiet, cold classicalgothic BEAUTY. Wistful, haunting, longing, mesmerizing yet untouchable.

Confuzzled yet? LOL I rarely have any idea what the eff I'm talking about, so I really apologize if that sounded completely grey smilie .

Also, exploring goth from the perspective of other cultures would be really cool. You could do factual true-to-life representations or let people come up with their own interpretations that wouldn't necessarily exist or be 100% accurate (like a Japanese Geisha in a dark kimono with dark Geisha or kabuki makeup, or a gothic ancient Egyptian or wartime German soldier -- something like that).

Gothic fantasy wouldn't be too bad either. I'm thinking something along the lines of Sereniticat's 'Shame' picture with that beautiful gothic Eve holding the apple. You could have fantasy themes -- not necessarily re-tellings of Alice in Wonderland or other fairy tales, but maybe dig into some other sort of fantasy ideas, maybe even something akin to surrealistic art but with a dark, deathly, gothic twist.

.....Aaaannnnnd, that's enough crazy ideas. A couple of those have been rolling around in my head since cycle #1.... *slinks back into hiding*
Embarassed
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!!   CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2010, 11:32 pm

Oh Joy!!! Cel is back with one of her juicy novels!! Yayz!!! Jk!! Love ya Cel!! Good to see you back! I've missed you terribly and guess what? I'm weird and have an ear infection! Suspect

So right now, with the serious ringing in my ears...both of them...I don't have to listen to my mind so I'm free to be whatever I want to be...Did that sound crazy enough for you? bicycle

I HATE EAR INFECTIONS! LEAVE ME ALONE EAR INFECTION! I HATE YOU! EAR INFECTION YOU CAN :910: Ok...I sound childish don't I? shame You would too if your ears had been ringing for a day and a half. I'm miserable and I'm glad you are back Cel!! I know this whole post made no sense!! dancing crazy lauging 2
Back to top Go down
Akasha
VIP Member
Akasha

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!!   CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 8:11 am

Yay Cel! Welcome back lovey!! How's the new computer workin for you? Thank you so much for posting....you gave me some interesting ideas.... CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!! 20h8pih

Lol, Cece.
Back to top Go down
Cel
VIP Member
Cel

Capricorn

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!!   CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 6:21 pm

*hugs* Thanks for the welcome you two! It's niiiiice to be back, and the computer is running swell so far, lol. I've been working in Photoshop all frikkin day today. I got some new filters, and I think Photoshop will be taking up roughly 97.982% of my time from here on out..... hiho
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!!   CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 11:39 pm

Aww...doesn't leave much room for us here at Cstyles Cel? sad
Back to top Go down
RepulsiveDesire
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
RepulsiveDesire

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!!   CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2010, 1:41 am

Well late night is adding vampires and I use to love vampire culture a lot more but lately they have been oversexed or major league pussies so I've been a bit turned off. Anyways it might not be the most creative idea but I like the sound of an assignment that has something to do with it. Making an alter, having a graveyard scene, the first bite... you know craptastic crap like that.

Something based around religion if its not to touchy a subject. You know grand gothic cathedrals in ruins, good triumphing over evil, being tempted and tormented by inner demons over coming them through faith. Death, resurrection and redemption. You know all those great themes.

When hunting around for textures for some paintings I wanted to recolor I came accross a site that has a lot of surrealist artwork. I bookmarked this one - George Grie neosurrealism art gallery: The three graces, Goth mode style. I think its gorgeous work and I could stare it it for hours, just get lost in the whole scene. The blurb tells you what its about but before even reading it or the title I thought of Greek mythology which I also think would be a really fun theme to work with. I'm in love with that site now and have spent time that should've been designated on school work looking at the art there.

There is also this one - George Grie neosurrealism art gallery: The Birth of Venus: Gods and Heroes series That I also love and is another kind of interrpetation along those lines. So reinvent classic artwork in a Goth way could be another fun theme... I don't think you've done that one, right?

Don't want to bore you anymore so yeah there's my contribution.
Back to top Go down
Cel
VIP Member
Cel

Capricorn

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!!   CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2010, 3:45 pm

RD, I've had that George Grie site bookmarked for a while now -- isn't it AMAZING??? I so want to learn to do work similar to that....part of the reason I'm busting my balls trying to figure out some new Photoshop techniques.

Your ideas were really cool cheers

And Cece, I'll still make room for CStyles, don't you worry! hiho
Back to top Go down
RepulsiveDesire
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
RepulsiveDesire

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!!   CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2010, 4:19 pm

Cel what filters did you get for photoshop and is it CS5? I use to have the Color Efex Pro but it wasn't compatible with CS5 or something. Which made me sad because it had all my favorite tools in there for editing photos. I've been trying to figure out how to do some of them the long way but i think i might end up blowing my brains out first. LOL. Sorry to get all off topic.
Back to top Go down
Cel
VIP Member
Cel

Capricorn

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!!   CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2010, 10:16 pm

I have the Color Efex Pro filters working in CS5. I don't think I could live without them.... Shocked ...I mean that...some of my other old CS3 filters aren't compatible and crash CS5, but Color Efex is working. Were you trying it with CS5 64 bit or 32 bit? I think it's only working in 32 bit for me.
Back to top Go down
Akasha
VIP Member
Akasha

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!!   CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2010, 9:41 pm

Interesting. Thank you RD! :D
Back to top Go down
awesome_phoebe
awesome_phoebe

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!!   CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2010, 5:48 am

I've been trying to come up with ideas for assignments for GB. I haven't read everything you guys have said here but there's a lot of writing and you all know I'm lazy.. so I'm not sure if anyone has said this idea or something like it.

Anyway for the assignment I was thinking, give every contestant a piece of gothic clothes or item and make them work with it. Example as in a corset or lace gloves or something like that. You probably know better than me lol. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Akasha
VIP Member
Akasha

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!!   CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2010, 9:22 am

Lol Phoebe. I'm lazy too, but I don't mind reading novels. ;P I've actually thought about doing something like that...it'd be interesting...
Back to top Go down
Akasha
VIP Member
Akasha

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!!   CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2010, 9:24 am

Oh oh!! I actually thought of one all by myself!! Yay! Razz

Oh, and you seriously need to look at the url for this thread....tee hee...how ironic!
Back to top Go down
Akasha
VIP Member
Akasha

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!!   CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2010, 5:57 am

anyone?
Back to top Go down
Amieechu
Amieechu

Cancer
Comments : There once was a man from Peru...

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!!   CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2010, 2:23 pm

Serial Killers! :D
Back to top Go down
Akasha
VIP Member
Akasha

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!!   CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2010, 3:55 pm

Ooooh! I like it!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!!   CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CALLING ALL AWESOME PEOPLE!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Discussions :: Sims General Discussion-
Forumotion's free forums | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com