Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

Are there any WOW (World of Warcraft) Players here on Cstyles?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Top Poster : Are there any WOW (World of Warcraft) Players here on Cstyles? Topposter
Featured Artist : Are there any WOW (World of Warcraft) Players here on Cstyles? Badge-1-1
Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

Are there any WOW (World of Warcraft) Players here on Cstyles? Vide
PostSubject: Are there any WOW (World of Warcraft) Players here on Cstyles?   Are there any WOW (World of Warcraft) Players here on Cstyles? I_icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2010, 10:20 pm

My daughter is having a crashing problem with her game so I'm trying to help her out. She is so frustrated bless her heart.. She just did a game update, *sounds familiar huh?* and now she gets like an hour of game play and it crashes.

Any others players, any advice gladly appreciated! hiho
Back to top Go down
Pistolkitten
VIP Member
Pistolkitten

Top Poster : Are there any WOW (World of Warcraft) Players here on Cstyles? Topposter
Libra
Comments : Genetically modified for extra flavor

PostSubject: Re: Are there any WOW (World of Warcraft) Players here on Cstyles?   Are there any WOW (World of Warcraft) Players here on Cstyles? I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2010, 7:08 pm

There was a recent patch that has proved problematic for some players, but that was mainly about staying connected to the server.
It was the one that featured the opening of additional ports for use by the game, tell your daughter to check out the technical support forums theres always tonnes of people having issues, and unlike EA the techs actually help people, plus there are tonnes of nerds that will help you out too.

If its internet connection/game connection issues shes having, (Disconnecting and lag) then you need to try making sure that wow is only using a certain port, since the other ones it tries to use don't work very well, at least that's what me and my husband found. It's called changing the port forwarding on the router so that a certain port is used first when opening wow, you need 3724 and 6112, and 6881-6999 to be open and accessible to run wow stable.

However if its crashing to desktop/blue screening (as opposed to Disconnecting to the character or login screens) I wouldn't think it wouldn't be a patch issue.
Make sure she removes any and all addons she has, they don't work after a patch and need to updated, removed or replaced by something created for that patch.
Try turning all graphical settings down, some patches include changes to textures and effects that some lesser graphics cards fail to be able to handle, causes freezes and crashes.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Featured Artist : Are there any WOW (World of Warcraft) Players here on Cstyles? Badge-1-1
Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: Are there any WOW (World of Warcraft) Players here on Cstyles?   Are there any WOW (World of Warcraft) Players here on Cstyles? I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2010, 7:28 pm

Thanks Pk! I will pass this along to her! She has been miserable about this and since I don't play I've been little to no help with it. I gave her all the Sims game problems kind of things to check out. I think she did state that she just did a patch and thats when she started having the problems.

She said her game 'freezes' after about an hour of game play. I will let you know if any of this helped. Really do appreciate this advice!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are there any WOW (World of Warcraft) Players here on Cstyles?   Are there any WOW (World of Warcraft) Players here on Cstyles? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are there any WOW (World of Warcraft) Players here on Cstyles?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Discussions :: Sims General Discussion-
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com