Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

Computer is Shutting Down :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Evie
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Evie

Top Poster : Computer is Shutting Down :( Topposter
Featured Artist : Computer is Shutting Down :( Badge-1-1
Sagittarius

Computer is Shutting Down :( Vide
PostSubject: Computer is Shutting Down :(   Computer is Shutting Down :( I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2011, 9:06 pm

Every time I run my game my computer shuts off. It'll let me get to CAS and begin with creating a sim but eventually my entire computer just shuts off. Sad...

I also have noticed that my fan has been getting louder and louder... have I melted mah computers insides?!

Sad... help
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Computer is Shutting Down :(   Computer is Shutting Down :( I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2011, 9:09 pm

the fan might be blocked have you tried unplugging the computer, taking out all the leads removing your side panel and getting out all the dust because the dust will stop the fan from working..oh i am assuming its not a lap top if it is i aint got a clue lol
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Computer is Shutting Down :(   Computer is Shutting Down :( I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2011, 9:12 pm

Noooooo Evie, I hope your comp isnt too poorly Sad...

Theres some stuff about that thing here dunno if it helps any LINK
Back to top Go down
Evie
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Evie

Sagittarius

PostSubject: Re: Computer is Shutting Down :(   Computer is Shutting Down :( I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2011, 9:15 pm

Sad... it is a laptop...

I needs to make more cc!
lol, I'm going to go through some creating withdrawals...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Computer is Shutting Down :(   Computer is Shutting Down :( I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2011, 9:18 pm

So am I if we can't get your lovely stuff....eeep Evie save your laptop
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: Computer is Shutting Down :(   Computer is Shutting Down :( I_icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2011, 12:07 am

I'm so sorry Evie! Like mentioned, make sure your fan is clear of debris and dust, also make sure you keep it cool...do you use an external fan as well to help keep your lappy cool?

It's easy to remove the back of your laptop and clean your fan, just don't touch any other parts while the machine is exposed.

You can also run a system check to make sure that your hard drive is up to date. It sounds as if Sims might be pushing your comp a bit more than usual, but if it worked well before it should now unless there is a problem with your comp.

check the minor things first before you move on to the bigger things.

Keep us posted and good luck!
Back to top Go down
Evie
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Evie

Sagittarius

PostSubject: Re: Computer is Shutting Down :(   Computer is Shutting Down :( I_icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2011, 12:33 am

I'm going to look into it tomorrow. I might actually shut it off tonight while I sleep. I usually close it but it might need a good all night shut down haha.

Hopefully I'll figure something out. Smile

Thanks for all the tips, I'll get back at you guys :D
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: Computer is Shutting Down :(   Computer is Shutting Down :( I_icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2011, 1:32 am

Evie check your pm's please. Sad...
Back to top Go down
miss_lochness
VIP Member
miss_lochness

Pisces
Comments : One word...BAZINGA!

PostSubject: Re: Computer is Shutting Down :(   Computer is Shutting Down :( I_icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2011, 1:42 am

When this happened to Eva, her computer IMPLODED...

I think it just needs a rest :D Like you already thought of, turn it off tonight and let it get some well deserved R&R
Back to top Go down
smac1975

PostSubject: Re: Computer is Shutting Down :(   Computer is Shutting Down :( I_icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2011, 3:27 am

Evie, consider using a frame rate limiter, it saves your GCard from over heating saving your hardware.

There are some free apps that annalyse the performance and temperature of your CPU and things like that.

But the first idea of cleaning your fan is a must! There are some compressed air cans that are excelent to clean laptop hardware and spray the fan, memory slots, PCU fan, etc. You can buy those sprays around easy.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Computer is Shutting Down :(   Computer is Shutting Down :( I_icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2011, 4:08 am

How do you use the frame rate limiter? I've heard about it before and never got a chance to follow up on it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Computer is Shutting Down :(   Computer is Shutting Down :( I_icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2011, 6:02 am

^ I second that I've heard everyone talk about it but never gotten round to looking at it or seeing what it does
Back to top Go down
smac1975

PostSubject: Re: Computer is Shutting Down :(   Computer is Shutting Down :( I_icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2011, 6:18 am

Check this thread:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=15092.25

You can get the tool here.
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Tech Support : Computer is Shutting Down :( Os51eg
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Computer is Shutting Down :(   Computer is Shutting Down :( I_icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2011, 10:12 am

I'm sorry to hear about this Evie !! Sad...
When my fan got louder and louder, my computer eventually caught fire and imploded last year (in Summer). I sure hope it's not something similar.
Like some others suggested before, please check your fan & power supply and make sure they are "clean". Also check the frame rate limiter, as Sergio suggested, it's better for your hardware and does prevent overheating problems.
Back to top Go down
Evie
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Evie

Sagittarius

PostSubject: Re: Computer is Shutting Down :(   Computer is Shutting Down :( I_icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2011, 11:30 am

Thanks guys, I'm going to keep from running TS3 until I can get all of that dust out of there. I live in the desert so we end up with a lot of dust and dirt in the house (I have no flippin' idea where it all is coming in from). I've noticed my computer getting very very hot, even on the top where I type, some places are too hot to touch at times. Sad... I don't want my computer to catch fire!

I'm going to read about that frame rate limiter, but i'm going to let my computer rest periodically throughout the day so it doesn't get so hot. I'll check in later. Smile

Cece, I got your PM and responded.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Computer is Shutting Down :(   Computer is Shutting Down :( I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Computer is Shutting Down :(

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Welcome :: Tech & Game Support-
Free forum | Video games | Simulation | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com