Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

Clothes on my bathing Sims

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
snowee282

Clothes on my bathing Sims - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Clothes on my bathing Sims   Clothes on my bathing Sims - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2011, 10:51 pm

First topic message reminder :

I just started a family in Sunset and they are bathing and showering with clothes on that I didn't choose for them. I took out a cc shower twice and finally used an EA Shower and still the same. I decided to go to a tub and the same thing, they have clothes on like tennis shoes and regular street clothes. It appear to be EA clothes. Has anyone run across this? Would really appreciate your help! Thanks
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Clothes on my bathing Sims   Clothes on my bathing Sims - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2011, 11:24 am

ok..thanks do you know if the items are package files or sims 3 pack?

to test this theory we could take out your package file and sit it on your desktop go into game get them to shower and see what happens??

if they are still wearing the clothes then its sim 3 packs were looking for which makes it easier to locate, if you do that i will keep looking in all the known cc places i have listed for the offending items we will sort this .....i wont give up until we have done it

... thump
Back to top Go down
snowee282

PostSubject: Re: Clothes on my bathing Sims   Clothes on my bathing Sims - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2011, 10:16 pm

Ok, I sent them to the Pool and had them to shower and the clothes were still on them, if this helps. Checked on the pants again and they are cc. Lost with the lady clothes.

I found (3) Package Files but don't know which one to use or if they're right:
sumcompositor cache, caspart cache, and compositor cache. If one is correct do I just drag it to my desk top??
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Clothes on my bathing Sims   Clothes on my bathing Sims - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2011, 12:24 am

No Snowee, Angie is talking about taking out the 'package' folder within your 'mod' folder and placing it on your desktop. This will remove any/all custom content downloaded to your game via package format. This will not take out your sims 3 packs downloads, but that can be easily removable also.

With just placing it on your desktop, you don't have to 'delete' your cc, you are basically just seeing if you can pinpoint where the problem might be.

Keep us posted hun!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Clothes on my bathing Sims   Clothes on my bathing Sims - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2011, 3:16 pm

I am having a bit of trouble finding these items....snowee can you remember which sites you usually download from that might narrow it down for me to keep looking... Love067
Back to top Go down
snowee282

PostSubject: Re: Clothes on my bathing Sims   Clothes on my bathing Sims - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2011, 11:09 pm

I don't use a particular site other than the EA Exchange. This really looks hopeless.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Clothes on my bathing Sims   Clothes on my bathing Sims - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2011, 1:00 am

If the cc came from the ea exchange then most likely it's corrupt. With that you will probably have to just take all your cc out and then reinstall it bit by bit until you locate the bad piece. I know it sounds tedious and time consuming...and well...it is...but the ea exchange has been known to pass along some bad stuff. Annoyed
Back to top Go down
snowee282

PostSubject: Re: Clothes on my bathing Sims   Clothes on my bathing Sims - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2011, 2:47 am

Ok I download lots, but not lately though, and then I started getting a bunch of cc in my caatalog to use, is this what you're talking about? I see the download file for lots but not one for cc other than the install on Launcher. If I uninstall all the cc will it just be lost to me. I know Angie gave info for protecting myself and I'm going to do that. Sorry to sound so def, never realized something so fun to play could go so tech.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Clothes on my bathing Sims   Clothes on my bathing Sims - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2011, 3:34 am

Oh hun don't feel bad...I've had to uninstall and reinstall my game at least 4 times (maybe more...) so we all know of the stress this game alone puts on you. That's why we all want to truly help you find and fix this. And of course...if all else fails...then a uninstall/reinstall may be needed.

Ok...to remove all of your cc will not make you lose it.

Follow these steps and you will be able to keep all of your cc until you find the corrupt piece.

Go to: My documents---click
From my documents go to Electronic Arts---click
From here find the folder marked Sims 3---click
From here go to mods---click
Once inside mods you will see a section called 'packages'---click

Here you can view all the cc you have downloaded in 'package format'...now to remove this go back to 'mods' and you have 2 options...
1st option: copy and paste this folder to your desktop
or
2nd option: Just click it and move it to your desktop
either way is very simple

Just keep that folder on your desktop and then all package downloads are out of the game.

Now... you still have your 'launcher' downloads which is where you probably have most of your cc since you said you mostly get your cc from the exchange.

Also you can set your 'downloads' folder also located inside the Sims 3 folder on your desktop. Just copy and paste or just pick file up and move it over.

These can be placed back, but to place the files back that are in the download folder you might have to reinstall them, which is easy. The items will place automatically back into the launcher and all you will have to do is 'click' to install.

I hope this helps you and doesn't confuse you more, I've broken it down as easy as possible, although someone might have an even easier way.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Clothes on my bathing Sims   Clothes on my bathing Sims - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2011, 6:06 pm

hi snowee just to keep you up to date with things........i am starting to go through the exchange to see if i can find the sim/sims or any sim/sims with these items on that way i can break them down to see what they come with...and hopefully find the offending items...i will keep you posted on what i find hiho
Back to top Go down
snowee282

PostSubject: Re: Clothes on my bathing Sims   Clothes on my bathing Sims - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2011, 2:33 am

Thanks Angie I really appreciate it. Cece your explanation is fine, problem is I have searched all the files under the sims3 and my program files and no mod file. I read where someone else had the same problem but it didn't give an explanation. When I install I use the path recommended only but I don't see Mod folder. I'm using windows 7 if that helps. I deleted a bunch of stuff from the launcher to no avail today.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Top Poster : Clothes on my bathing Sims - Page 2 Topposter
Featured Artist : Clothes on my bathing Sims - Page 2 Badge-1-1
Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: Clothes on my bathing Sims   Clothes on my bathing Sims - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2011, 2:59 am

You know Ang...her best bet may be to just do a manual uninstall/reinstall...that way she can keep her cc, keep her saved games and usually that alone removes any bad content. I know I had a bad pattern that I just couldn't find no matter what, the only thing I could do was uninstall and reinstall and voila' it's gone!!

Might be easier and far less tedious than what we have been trying to do to help her. We could always talk her through a manual uninstall/reinstall....shoot...most of us here are pro's at it because we have done it so much!! Lol!!

Let us know Snowee what you want to do hun.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: Clothes on my bathing Sims   Clothes on my bathing Sims - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2011, 2:59 am

You know Ang...her best bet may be to just do a manual uninstall/reinstall...that way she can keep her cc, keep her saved games and usually that alone removes any bad content. I know I had a bad pattern that I just couldn't find no matter what, the only thing I could do was uninstall and reinstall and voila' it's gone!!

Might be easier and far less tedious than what we have been trying to do to help her. We could always talk her through a manual uninstall/reinstall....shoot...most of us here are pro's at it because we have done it so much!! Lol!!

Let us know Snowee what you want to do hun.
Back to top Go down
Toblie
VIP Member
Toblie

Aquarius
Comments : Stop making a scene it will never make it to T.V!

PostSubject: Re: Clothes on my bathing Sims   Clothes on my bathing Sims - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2011, 4:13 am

You need to reset the sim to all it's nude states
follow this http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Showering_with_clothing_on
Hopefully that helps!
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Clothes on my bathing Sims   Clothes on my bathing Sims - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2011, 6:05 am

snowee282 wrote:
I don't use a particular site other than the EA Exchange. This really looks hopeless.

I just reread this and I'm thinking, you say you only use the exchange for downloads so more than likely this all came over with a Sim you downloaded. Maybe if you can locate this sim, that will give you a better time frame from when you downloaded this corrupt cc. With that you can pinpoint a date and take if from there...Just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
snowee282

PostSubject: Re: Clothes on my bathing Sims   Clothes on my bathing Sims - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2011, 2:58 pm

Thanks Angie I appreciate you. Cece I've been thru EA and Sims 3 files and no folder named Mod, maybe something else. I was reading where someone else had the same problem in finding. I've checked through the Program files and still no Mod. I spent a lot of yesterday deleting from muy Launcher to no avail so I guess it is a package.

I'm working form windows7 and Outdoor Living if that has any bearing on this mess.

This is not stopping me from playing the game it's just irritating and I don't another couple to end up like this. Don't won't to start over with them and end up the same.

If only I smoked and drank..... Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Clothes on my bathing Sims   Clothes on my bathing Sims - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2011, 3:19 pm

hi snowee, can you remember when you downloaded the sims from the exchange, whether they were adult or young adult, if you have any pics of them as they looked when you downloaded them then i can download them and scan everything they come with to try and find the offending items....if you can only remember their name that will help too...anything at all...will give me a start... hiho hiho
Back to top Go down
smac1975

PostSubject: Re: Clothes on my bathing Sims   Clothes on my bathing Sims - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2011, 3:38 pm

There's a way to indentify that costum content package. It's an hard way and long way but it will consume you less time.

1) export that "corrupted" sim dressed with the clothes that are causing that problem.

2) Install the following programs:
Delphy's Sims 3 Pack Multi-Extracter
Sims 3 Dashboard Tool
(more information check the following thread)

3) Using the Delphy's Sims 3 Pack Multi-Extracter, break the sims3pack you exported before

4) Inside your "/User/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages" create a subfolder named "test"

5) Copy the package files to your "/User/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages/test" folder

6) Run Sims 3 Dashboard Tool, the duplicate files will show in yellow.

7) Remove only the duplicates that are classified as clothes or whatever (remove the ones from "test" folder and the ones on Mods/Packages folder)

8) Or remove all duplicates from your packages folder

Hope it helps.

If it doesn't, check the folder
"\User\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCBackup" that contains package files and copy the folder into your "/User/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages/" folder and run Dashboard for duplicates. Nuke them if they exist.
Back to top Go down
snowee282

PostSubject: Re: Clothes on my bathing Sims   Clothes on my bathing Sims - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2011, 5:58 pm

Back again!!! Okkkkkkkkkkk I deleted all downloaded households yesterday before I read your post Angie thinking that might be the problem but they still have their clothes on. I do havethe households saved on my Launcher favorites which carries the author names. Please say this will help u Smile I don't use exchange households anymore because I do my own so I just deleted them all. Really hopes this helps.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Clothes on my bathing Sims   Clothes on my bathing Sims - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2011, 6:04 pm

yep that would help.......did you try what sergio suggested too ??

i will start looking for the sims as soon as you give me the names... thump

anything you can give me will help with the search, creator name, how many in household etc etc .... thump
Back to top Go down
Toblie
VIP Member
Toblie

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Clothes on my bathing Sims   Clothes on my bathing Sims - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2011, 7:18 pm

Try my link after you have deleted all the rouge clothes,
Here is a list of CC that borks your game aswell http://crinrict.blogspot.com/2010/07/bad-cc-kategorisiert-fur-naked-liste.html
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Clothes on my bathing Sims   Clothes on my bathing Sims - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2011, 10:34 pm

Tobz!!! Go have that little baby!!! Lol!! Snowee...just was rereading some post to see if perhaps I missed something and I see you mentioned that you have NO mod's folder? You have to have a mod's folder to place your package files....
Back to top Go down
snowee282

PostSubject: Re: Clothes on my bathing Sims   Clothes on my bathing Sims - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2011, 10:52 pm

Thanks Toblie will do.

Angie Here is the list some had already been deleted by the author already:

Family Author
Amankwa (3) amankwa82
Atkins (3) 7743640786
Ayo (4) yllekeilla
Bryant (4) makaay24
Coff (2) Peixut
Demour (4) Shorney79
Dr. Shepherd (1) 47833542
Drian (3) ghidina
Green (3) wendrix170
Hano (7) SunnyD247
Holloway (2) sterramichelle24
Ivey (4) VirgilScarver
Jackson (6) Bavendsimi33
Kempter (4) AKachelleW
Kill (6) poussyes
Knight (2) AmyLeaMay
Kresini (3) KillaKittie 88
Luthrel (3) Kasienka S
Marion Family (7) MamZellSims3
Martin update (3) queenv41051
Monroe Family (6) Kat4u
my home (3) porgy451
Ohana (3) KateSterling
Placentini (6) Minja 11
Taylor (4) HOSEY
Warren 2 (3) tummer
Wilters (4) Rawr2019

Drama on TV is one I used once but did not save them to favorites but still in my library.

These are the ones listed in my favorites. Hope you can make sense of it.

Back to top Go down
snowee282

PostSubject: Re: Clothes on my bathing Sims   Clothes on my bathing Sims - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2011, 10:54 pm

Yeah I know Cece but it's not listed as that if I do from the files I've looked into. I'v searched the Sim3 under EA and Program files and I don't see anything with Mod. I'm using Windows 7 so maybe it's placed and listed another way.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Clothes on my bathing Sims   Clothes on my bathing Sims - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2011, 1:30 pm

hi snowee...ok i dowloaded some of those families and ran them through delphy's custard tool...

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=390235

i done the Amankwa..Atkins..Ayo..Bryant...Coff...Demour..Drian...Green...and Hano households i did not find Dr Shepherd

these files where they dont have a specific catagory are all classed as being naked,everyday,formal etc etc..i got 1 from Demour
3 from Coff
and 5 from Hano

none of the other families had any

here are the file numbers

0xfafle8ab114ef3f6ce77502aa0a8d7d7.pa

0x53c8a792708a8503c3af110015866160

0x3a7efb978c056bded809d778666b5c1d1

0x6cd59455e4d12667fa7eb50bdda87cec

0xc319e2c60dccf629a31c24826ad128fb.p

0xd5608ca3a3c8f34bb45124182a9f63aa.p

0x3832dabb16703cdd8586a06336d4afbd

0x26e9bd17711a72dd2e3dfd674b545d39

0x6635cc8b7abc1f4c8f321b13137ce756.p

ok with these you open your start menu and type in the code in the search box this will take you to the file, check it matches then delete...try these ones first if this solves the problem then brilliant if not then i will check the next lot of families ....good luck ..... Big smile Big smile
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Clothes on my bathing Sims   Clothes on my bathing Sims - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 1st 2011, 2:39 am

Twinzie is a monster!!! She won't give up until she kills this problem!! That's a good thing Ang!!! Rawr!! rockon
Back to top Go down
snowee282

PostSubject: Re: Clothes on my bathing Sims   Clothes on my bathing Sims - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 1st 2011, 5:33 pm

You rock Angie!! Don't know which file but they have no clothes on in the shower now! happy *NEW* I want to thank everyone for your help and I have printed this session with all responses so that I may check out all sites and read.
Back to top Go down
smac1975

PostSubject: Re: Clothes on my bathing Sims   Clothes on my bathing Sims - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 1st 2011, 5:47 pm

I advise you all to print helpful topics.

I have stocks in some paper pasta producers and I could use some investment return. Don't go green on this subject, save on electricity and oil fuels and derivates. Paper is renewable and sustainable resource... and I could win some changes. =)

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Clothes on my bathing Sims   Clothes on my bathing Sims - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 1st 2011, 5:53 pm

hiho ...I was more than happy to help....yay no more clothes in the shower.... hiho

I write everything down in notebooks and i always have them to hand ....... hiho
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Clothes on my bathing Sims   Clothes on my bathing Sims - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 1st 2011, 11:34 pm

Yayz for Ang and Snowee!! Nekked at last!!!! Snowee is right Ang...you rock girl!!! Sergio...you little stinker...what would Cstyles do without you?!?! Shocked hand dance happy *NEW*
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Clothes on my bathing Sims   Clothes on my bathing Sims - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2011, 5:34 am

thanks Cece...but i only done what anyone else would have done on here......as i have said before if one of us has a problem then all of us do what we can to help... hiho hiho
Back to top Go down
snowee282

PostSubject: Re: Clothes on my bathing Sims   Clothes on my bathing Sims - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2011, 5:16 pm

Just for an update: Toblie I went to your site and found some things that I was able to delete Smile I found a chair that I had used in 2 families that didn't seem to cause a problem but deleted anyways. I'm off to do some more checking for bad cc's.
Back to top Go down
Toblie
VIP Member
Toblie

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Clothes on my bathing Sims   Clothes on my bathing Sims - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2011, 8:40 pm

Cool I am glad it all worked out, cuz I spent over two days once removing cc. I had the same problem but it was due to shoes from MTS.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Clothes on my bathing Sims   Clothes on my bathing Sims - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2011, 9:46 pm

Now Snowee is going to be a delete downloading demon!!! Fight the bad cc girlie!! Lol Devil yes
Back to top Go down
snowee282

PostSubject: Re: Clothes on my bathing Sims   Clothes on my bathing Sims - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 5th 2011, 12:35 pm

I don't know about that Cece!!! My next task I'm working on is this Mod folder. I'll start another thread for this one though. I think I about got it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clothes on my bathing Sims   Clothes on my bathing Sims - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clothes on my bathing Sims

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Welcome :: Tech & Game Support-
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com