Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

Is this really TRUE!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gajdowski98
gajdowski98

Aquarius
Comments : I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Is this really TRUE! Vide
PostSubject: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2012, 9:52 am

This is really neat to look at! It has all of the real sim images of University Life...I mean it looks convincing!!!! Big smile Love067
Back to top Go down
Vanity Sims
Vanity Sims

Top Poster : Is this really TRUE! Topposter
Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2012, 3:06 pm

Yeah it's official!!! I can't wait for it! Sims 2 University was my FAVORITE expansion pack! I just hope that its not like a gazillion rabbitholes, though. I mean the classrooms are understandable, but the dorms & stuff shouldn't be. I really really hope its amazing excited
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Featured Artist : Is this really TRUE! Badge-1-1
Tech Support : Is this really TRUE! Os51eg
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2012, 7:21 pm

Yeah saw this too ! University life will be the next EP hand dance
Back to top Go down
gajdowski98
gajdowski98

Aquarius
Comments : I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

PostSubject: Re: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2012, 10:02 pm

I'm so excited for this because maybe I will finally get to play my mom's game if she gets this when it comes out. Big smile
Back to top Go down
navetsea
navetsea

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2012, 10:26 pm

I want to play ping pong! excited
Back to top Go down
gajdowski98
gajdowski98

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2012, 10:40 pm

OMG! Yes I love that, we will finally have the option of ping pong! YES YES YES!!! hiho hiho Bop
Back to top Go down
TokiDoki21
TokiDoki21

Capricorn
Comments : You don't know what it's like, to live and love and conquer...unless you've taken an arrow to the knee...

PostSubject: Re: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2012, 10:38 am

Oooooo cool i wasnt expecting to hear about another EP for a while... Niice!!!!
Back to top Go down
RiceAddict
RiceAddict

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2012, 12:19 pm

OMG, I haven't even bought Seasons yet! facepalm By the time I get both of these EP's my computer is going to explode LOL. Either way I'm excited!!
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2012, 1:49 pm

I'm so excited that they have sketchbooks!!! :D
Back to top Go down
pdxwinn
pdxwinn

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitimeDecember 31st 2012, 3:09 pm

University Life was my favorite in TS2 - I am so jazzed they are finally making it for TS3. happy *NEW*
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitimeDecember 31st 2012, 10:01 pm

I hope you can just like insert it into your world that you are currently playing. That would be SUPER!!
Back to top Go down
wquueu

Gemini
Comments : If you don't like what i say just ignore it I'm not here to please you if you make something good I will tell you if not I will give u ideas to make it better

PostSubject: Re: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2013, 12:53 pm

Of course it was going to be true University was one of most sold sims 2 expansion so they would get more loot for making something that should be put with the base game I dont really like EA for that reason. University was going to be on their list for games to be :D
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2013, 1:59 pm

Figured I would cross-post the new screens from the official announcement:
Is this really TRUE! 83582110
Is this really TRUE! 83582111
Is this really TRUE! 83592710
Is this really TRUE! 83592810
Is this really TRUE! 83592811
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Tech Support : Is this really TRUE! Os51eg
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2013, 3:49 pm

Great pics! Thanks for posting these Ameenah!! hiho Love067
I'm getting real excited about this EP! dancing I can't wait!! Big smile
Back to top Go down
Sleepy-Genius
Graphic Designer
Sleepy-Genius

Donor/$upporter : Is this really TRUE! Th_banner
Pisces
Comments : Sometimes you need help to get out of that cement of shyness. That is why God made jackhammers!! *drills*

PostSubject: Re: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2013, 4:13 pm

No :doh:*new* Shocked shocked Sad045 happy *NEW* hiho cheers cancan blah happy *NEW* hiho Smiley-angry 2 grey smilie

(sums up my emotions during this livecast)

I'm in a stunned mood right now. Just speechless. The excitement.

Right now, I just feel bad for Twallan. All the updates he has to do.
Poor guy.
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2013, 5:34 pm

Both Twallan and Pescado certainly have a loooot of work ahead of them - and I'm so grateful that neither has abandoned their mods, because I think I would die. X__X

I'm really excited for all the new expansions - and I'm hoping that there are more OFB-type interactions included in Island Paradise! I'm hopeful. Smile Resort is a broad term - and there could be a host of features we're not aware of yet, so yay. I know that some are upset about the subhood, but I'm honestly still so excited. I wonder if mods will make it possible for a certain number of your neighbors to go to uni with you? And, of course, the new objects/lot types can most likely be placed in a base world - just like how the World Adventures lot-types/features are easily placed and incorporated in a home world. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sleepy-Genius
Graphic Designer
Sleepy-Genius

Donor/$upporter : Is this really TRUE! Th_banner
Pisces
Comments : Sometimes you need help to get out of that cement of shyness. That is why God made jackhammers!! *drills*

PostSubject: Re: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2013, 6:01 pm

Yeah, people on MTS posts I'm watching are upset about the subhoods. I could care less. It's like a vacation world. My mom still looks the same since I last saw her, so yeah.

EA is getting more adult now. Nude posing and streaking!

I'm excited about the "renting out rooms" part. I can make my dream apartment!!

I hope the future pack is related to Star Trek. That would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
pdxwinn
pdxwinn

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2013, 9:03 pm

University Life trailer released:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w7hU7gAe00

This will be such an awesome expansion. excited
Back to top Go down
franniewee
franniewee

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2013, 11:17 am

It looks real nice, but I'm not sure I'm going to buy this one because of extra stress for my pc. (didn't even buy Seasons yet)
Back to top Go down
SellaSu
BANNED
BANNED

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2013, 12:44 pm

dancing hand dance happy *NEW* happydance Bop cancan cheers

I can not wait !!!!!

Oh and the island one where you can live on a boat ? must have too !!!!
Back to top Go down
Molyn9257
Molyn9257

Capricorn

PostSubject: Re: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2013, 6:44 pm

I already know this is going to be in my top fav expansions packs! This looks like sooo much fun
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2013, 8:48 pm

What is a subhood? And what island that you can live on a boat? Am I that far behind...? :doh:*new*
Back to top Go down
Molyn9257
Molyn9257

Capricorn

PostSubject: Re: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2013, 8:53 pm

cecesaun1 wrote:
What is a subhood? And what island that you can live on a boat? Am I that far behind...? :doh:*new*
Sub hood is like the vacation worlds that came with world adventures, and with the Island Paradise expansion pack they announced I believe it was stated that you will be able to live on boats Big smile
Back to top Go down
katink
katink

Gemini
Comments : A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
--Steve Martin

As a child my family's menu consisted of two choices: take it or leave it.
--Buddy Hackett

PostSubject: Re: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2013, 8:59 pm

The streaking was one of my favorite things about TS2 University. shame I really want to get this EP, but I'm not sure my poor computer can handle it. Looks like it's time to upgrade.
Back to top Go down
MadameLee
MadameLee

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 10th 2013, 12:18 am

Molyn9257 wrote:
cecesaun1 wrote:
Sub hood is like the vacation worlds that came with world adventures, and with the Island Paradise expansion pack they announced I believe it was stated that you will be able to live on boats Big smile

the Island Paradise dropping anchor this June is The Sims 3 Island Paradise, an expansion pack filled with adventure, exploration and a world of new discoveries set on the sunny shores and beneath the glistening water of a tropical paradise. For the first time ever, Sims can take the helm of fully customizable houseboats and set sail in search of uncharted islands, create, own and manage resorts or discover what lies beneath the ocean through the new skill-based scuba diving and snorkeling activities.

The Sims 3 Island Paradise introduces all new ways to build – whether it’s a lavish five-star resort, a bungalow on the water or a houseboat that can travel the seas. Players can create their own idea of island paradise for their Sims in this new expansion pack and embark on an unforgettable journey.
Back to top Go down
pdxwinn
pdxwinn

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 10th 2013, 12:52 am

Has anyone heard if it's been confirmed that University Life will add a new age category like TS2 did?
Back to top Go down
MadameLee
MadameLee

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 10th 2013, 1:21 am

why would there need to be a stage for Uni, when we have had YAs since the base game? The only reason that there was a stage for uni for sims 2, since teens went straight to adults without going to Uni
Back to top Go down
pdxwinn
pdxwinn

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 10th 2013, 1:31 am

LOL - I don't know MadameLee. I don't decide such things.
I have, however, read that there will be an age category added but haven't heard if it was official or just a rumor.
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 10th 2013, 2:59 am

They're not adding another age category,

But, sims who attend university do get the bonus of having an extra trait slot. (6 instead of 5).
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 10th 2013, 11:01 am

Oops! I apologize, pdxwinn! I hit the wrong button - meant to reply, and edited your post. Sorry, sorry *hides*. Anyways, you are totally right! The extra trait is not guaranteed - and I lost the link you posted.
Back to top Go down
MadameLee
MadameLee

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 10th 2013, 11:03 am

YA, Adult, and Elder sims can all go to uni, (don't know if teens can go too, but since they did say child progidy could go..on the survey description)
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 10th 2013, 11:41 am

They mentioned it in the survey - but I wonder if they will implement it in the actual game? It would be cool for teens to go - but since graduating from high school is an event that occurs after teens age up to YA, this would have to be changed, or, like you mentioned, allow early college attendance for a prodigy/gifted student.
Back to top Go down
pdxwinn
pdxwinn

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 10th 2013, 2:52 pm

Ameenah wrote:
Oops! I apologize, pdxwinn! I hit the wrong button - meant to reply, and edited your post. Sorry, sorry *hides*. Anyways, you are totally right! The extra trait is not guaranteed - and I lost the link you posted.

No worries Ameenah. lol!

Here's that link: http://flygirlgamers.com/2013/01/08/sims-3-university-life/

I hadn't heard adults and elderly can go to college too. I like that - it makes it more realistic. And the child prodigy idea sounds fun too. I hope it's true.
Back to top Go down
MadameLee
MadameLee

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2013, 12:32 am

Do you guys think YAs and adults will be able to get pregant and raise kids while attending college? Other people think YAs wouldn't be since they are techinally still a teen but doesn't YA cover 18-35 or something? Well Adults cover 40-45, and Elders supposedly cover 50+
Back to top Go down
pdxwinn
pdxwinn

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2013, 1:57 am

I would assume they would be able to. They can have kids now - why would they change it just because they are in college? Though, I think if the student is living in a dorm it'd be out of the question. So much more is possible with TS3, it's hard to gauge how they will set it up but it makes sense to me that YA's would be able to continue having kids while in school.
Back to top Go down
MadameLee
MadameLee

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2013, 7:54 pm

pdxwinn wrote:
Ameenah wrote:

No worries Ameenah. lol!

Here's that link: http://flygirlgamers.com/2013/01/08/sims-3-university-life/

I hadn't heard adults and elderly can go to college too. I like that - it makes it more realistic. And the child prodigy idea sounds fun too. I hope it's true.

watch this video look at 1:14:
Back to top Go down
pdxwinn
pdxwinn

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2013, 8:24 pm

MadameLee - I'm impressed with your attention to detail. Thanks for pointing that out.
Back to top Go down
MadameLee
MadameLee

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2013, 12:13 pm

@pdwin..I used to be on a forum .called Sim Nation. I was the Expansion Mod since I frequent the officals so much, that I knew when there was going to be a new EPs.. It has closed down now this year.
Back to top Go down
pdxwinn
pdxwinn

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2013, 9:18 pm

This got posted today on EA . . . . . . . I am so excited. I can't wait for this expansion:
http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=479640

The Sims 3 Community Blog

Irresistible to Socially Awkward: A Social Life for Every Sim!

Love it, hate it, want one, avoid one, but everyone’s got one — a social life that is. While making the grade is important, The Sims 3 University Life experience is about more than just what you learn in the classroom! It’s about the life your Sim leads outside it. Your Sim can pursue any social life they dream of – from the most popular Sim on campus or the nerdy bookworm that lives in the library. No matter if your Sim is a little socially awkward or completely irresistible they can have a fun and memorable university experience!

Introduced in The Sims 3 University Life are three new social groups: the Jocks, Rebels and Nerds. Your Sim can gain influence with as many of these groups they desire – they are not limited to befriending just one! As your Sim progresses up the social ladder within each group, they will unlock rewards that will make all the effort on their part worth it.

But what are the social groups like? Let me tell you…

Jocks are the Sims who play to win, whether it’s a popularity contest or a match on the Plink Plonk Tennis Table. It’s no wonder that Jocks tend to hang out at B’s Bowlarama where they can work on getting strikes and not striking out with the cute Sim eying their sweet bowling moves. Probably not a surprise either that Jocks throw some of the best parties on campus.

Rebels enjoy going above and beyond the expected and then taking it one step further. Rebels are the Sims who will tag a wall on campus and then add herbs to the bonfire at a local party. You can find Rebels hanging out at The Grotto; a cool place where a Sim can enjoy a game of pool, work on their artistic skills, or savor an organic brew from the Barista Bar.

And last, but definitely not least, are the Nerds. Nerds love to play video games, perform research, win trivia challenges, and aren’t afraid to berate other Sims for their ignorance. Keith’s Komics is the ideal hangout for a Nerd as it has all the lots of hobbies for Nerds to enjoy including, computers, arcade machines and comics, of course!

Keeping up with all the social influence your Sim gains is simple! With a few clicks on their new smart phone they’ll be completely in the know. Just hit ‘Check Social Groups’ to see their current status. But that isn’t the only cool thing the smart phone can do. Maybe your Sim is feeling bold and flirty, then sending a secret admirer text might just catch that special someone’s attention. Alternately, if another Sim has treated you poorly and you want to give them a piece of your mind then go ahead and send them an insulting text. Also if you Sim is looking to cut loose and be single, they can send a break up text to their romantic interest. Additionally, if your Sim is more visual then they might appreciate the new ways to take photos. Now your Sim can take self-portrait snapshots with another Sim, and can even sneak in a romantic kissy photo. These are just a few examples of what your new smart phone can do!

Even outside of the social groups there are a huge variety of social activities and interactions your Sim can partake in. For example, what would university be without parties!? To spice things up, we’ve added two new party types in the mix: Juice Keggers and Bonfires. Parties are a great time to meet new Sims, and if there is a Sim you want to get a little closer to, then go ahead and give them a Heat of the Moment Kiss. There are plenty of other new kiss interactions as well, such as Juiced Kiss and Cinnamon Kiss. These only scratch the surface of the new romantic options that are available in The Sims 3 University Life.

If your Sim isn’t into partying, then there are still plenty of other activities to do. From playing a collegiate sport to posing nude for figure class to becoming a medical test subject and holding a protest, your Sims will find an all-new world to explore! There are also great new social things to do that will contribute to building skills as well. With the new sketchbook object you can ask another Sim to pose for you (even pose nude)! Plus, there is much, much more! But we’ll leave the rest up to you to explore for yourself!

In The Sims 3 University Life, each Sim can build a unique social life that suits their needs. Just don’t get blinded by the awesomeness of your Sim’s social life and forget to send them to class. It’s true that a dream job can be landed based purely on social activities but receiving good grades has its equal advantages!

Happy balancing!

Lauren McLemore, The Sims 3 University Life Assistant Producer
Back to top Go down
pdxwinn
pdxwinn

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2013, 11:05 am

Less than a month away!

happy *NEW* cheers happy *NEW* cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this really TRUE!   Is this really TRUE! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is this really TRUE!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Discussions :: Sims General Discussion-