Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

WIP: Marie Jacques

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
miss_lochness
VIP Member
miss_lochness

Top Poster : WIP: Marie Jacques Topposter
Featured Artist : WIP: Marie Jacques Badge-1-1
Pisces
Comments : One word...BAZINGA!

WIP: Marie Jacques Vide
PostSubject: WIP: Marie Jacques   WIP: Marie Jacques I_icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2011, 7:35 am

Ok, I've been bugged all night by ideas for this sim I wanted to create. I had picked the hair, but I couldn't decide on a skintone etc... I knew I wanted something old and glamourous in terms of a theme. So I thought hmmm...and for some reason Etta James just kept popping into my head. (Didn't help that At Last came onto my iPod either) I honestly could NOT get my ideas into order, so I decided to not even bother going in game cause Id probably produce some garbage I would eventually discard.

Today was a hot today, so I was lazing around listening to music and some weird force of supernatural/freakiness The Flamingos come on and then The Supremes and I'm just like "is this some kind of sign or something that I need to make me a diva?" After much fighting with myself (again) I decided I wanted to make me a Creole lady. I thought I had her pretty good, but then someone who shall not be named, said she didn't look Creole at ALL and I decided to add them to my "cranky at you" list.

Even if she doesn't look Creole, I don't give a s---. I think she's purdy :D I went with an old 1900's New Orleans kind of feel to her. She's meant to be "upper class" so to speak.

So I present Marie Jacques. I made a little story for you too:

Marie Jacques was born to a French Plantation owner and his mistress, a free woman of colour (those words seem so old but hey it fits). Though her father does not publicy acknowledge her as his daughter, herself and her family live quite well, residing in a reasonably sized mansion just outside of New Orleans.
WIP: Marie Jacques Marie-10
WIP: Marie Jacques Marie-11
WIP: Marie Jacques Marie-12
WIP: Marie Jacques Marie-13
WIP: Marie Jacques Marie-14

I pretty much went nutso with the sliders on this gal. I maxed the booty, leg width, hip size and waist sliders. I don't think I've slidered a sim so much before.

I would like to thank the Academy, CeCe (whose female simmehs gave me inspiration into features), Anne Rice (for her book Feast of All Saints which went into the Creole culture and such), Rusty Nail for his latest collection of lovely old glamour dresses and Sergio for gifting me the Faux Faux Fabulous Dress
hiho
Back to top Go down
smac1975

PostSubject: Re: WIP: Marie Jacques   WIP: Marie Jacques I_icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2011, 9:33 am

O_O

Geeeeezus... I can't wait for this one...

Since I divorced your Morrigan I was avoiding your simmie girls... My mind is weak... I'm weak... I'm a loser...

I WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANTS HER FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST!!!!
Back to top Go down
miss_lochness
VIP Member
miss_lochness

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: WIP: Marie Jacques   WIP: Marie Jacques I_icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2011, 9:50 am

You divorced Morrigan!!! Did you get a restraining order against her though? She might come get you...hehehehe :D

Sergio, my girls have one mission in life, to drive you crazy Razz
Back to top Go down
smac1975

PostSubject: Re: WIP: Marie Jacques   WIP: Marie Jacques I_icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2011, 9:55 am

And they actually do Sad...

Your style of making sims matches almost all my standards of beauty... wow what a nice compliment! I should shut up now Razz
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WIP: Marie Jacques   WIP: Marie Jacques I_icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2011, 1:18 pm

LOL Poor Sergio being plagued by Miss L's lovely sim ladies....and I'd seek a safe place to hide from Morrigan like Miss L said she may come get you Sergio vampire

Now onto this lovely lady, I think Marie is just wonderful she has this certain flair, like old school glamour, you know gorgeous without even trying....but then there was something about this girl that seemed awfully familiar...it was her hair and face...and then it came to me she reminds me of Josephine Beall Wilson Bruce who I came across while doing research about the 1800's. This is her:

WIP: Marie Jacques Bruce_Josephine
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Tech Support : WIP: Marie Jacques Os51eg
Leo

PostSubject: Re: WIP: Marie Jacques   WIP: Marie Jacques I_icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2011, 1:26 pm

She's gorgeous Miss L, your Southern Belle !! Very classy !! hand dance
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WIP: Marie Jacques   WIP: Marie Jacques I_icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2011, 5:49 pm

I agree with Eva she is very classy...an such a great idea for a source of inspiration
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: WIP: Marie Jacques   WIP: Marie Jacques I_icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2011, 6:10 pm

Yeah gotto agree Q and lovely work with the sliders !!
Soon I'm gonna need some slider teaching, by the "Queen of the Sliders" Miss L !! Razz
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WIP: Marie Jacques   WIP: Marie Jacques I_icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2011, 7:38 pm

*books herself in for the Miss L's school of slider use* I think I'm gonna need a file to keep all these tutorials in LOL it really is brilliant use of the sliders and such a wonderful theme to base a sim on....it's got me thinking now of having a new sim girl with a theme.....hmmmm.....oooh I'm having ideas!!!! LOL
Back to top Go down
miss_lochness
VIP Member
miss_lochness

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: WIP: Marie Jacques   WIP: Marie Jacques I_icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2011, 10:13 pm

smac1975 wrote:
And they actually do Sad...

Your style of making sims matches almost all my standards of beauty... wow what a nice compliment! I should shut up now Razz

GASP! That is an awfully lovely comment Sergio. I'm all blushing and stuffs now. Embarassed LOL. No honestly, thank you ❤

Thanks Q and Eva!!! I can't believe the resemblance between Marie and Josephine. Weird!! Though I did do my research before I made her. Heavy googling, then hysterical laughing when I found a site called Inogolo. It pronounces names and places for you! LMAO. I typed in every family members name into it and lol'ed. I used it for Marie's last name and then I realised it's predominately a first name for men, but who cares.

Hahaha slider tutorial by me. That sounds complicated. I'll do a mini tutorial for you now. I'll rely on my marvelous English and grammar skills (hahaha, whatev) to communicate the steps cause I'm lazy to take pics. LOL. It's pretty easy if you wanna achieve her body shape. No slider hacks to increase limit, just standard Jonha sliders in game. Let me show you a better view though of what she looks like nekkid kinda:
WIP: Marie Jacques Marien10
So what we're going for is the hourglass, mega booty look.

You need Jonha's sliders, particulary : hip, waist, butt, and leg width sliders.

You will need Late Night.

- First, go to the hip slider in the "mouth" category in CAS. Max that all the way to the RIGHT! Or til you feel happy.
- Second, go to the waist slider and max that all the way to the LEFT. Yah. No holding back now.
- Third, go to the butt slider and max that all the way to the RIGHT. BOOTAY!!!
- Fourth, go to the leg width slider. Now this one is complicated and is all up to creator preference. The more you play with the leg width slider, the more problems you can create. You need to be a bit held back here as you can end up with arms disappearing into hips. So still go to the right, but don't go all the way. I went about a cm away from the centre.
- Now if you want, you can give her boobahs. I just used the LN slider and I also maxed her muscle definition :D

Wha lah. Done. Now clothe her:
WIP: Marie Jacques Marieh11

Now your baby got back. Razz
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: WIP: Marie Jacques   WIP: Marie Jacques I_icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2011, 10:17 pm

Q I already have a file on tutorials, it's with my Sims 3 files that I created for various things sim and site related!! Makes life a lot easier.

Now onto Miss L! Miss Nessa you are a messa!! I'm am touched that I inspire your Sims, though I don't know how because your Sims are always lovely and breathtaking and this dahlin is no different!!

When I first opened this post up and saw her all I could say...out loud...is OMG OMG OMG!!! I love her!! *does this make meh gayz now?*

Can not wait until you share this lovely with us! *I do sound gay now don't I?*

What is wrong with meh?!?!

Mommyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Shocked laughing you know you want me
Back to top Go down
miss_lochness
VIP Member
miss_lochness

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: WIP: Marie Jacques   WIP: Marie Jacques I_icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2011, 11:18 pm

HAHAHA LMAO!!! Ah CeCe, you always make me laugh!

I'm glad you likes her :D

Honestly CeCe, I studied your female simmehs before I made her. I needed to make sure my features were correct and not over exaggerated and what have you. Accuracy is key! So much study for one sim. Looking at simmehs, looking at old photos, reading up history, reading up on culture. bleh. I'm happy though :D
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: WIP: Marie Jacques   WIP: Marie Jacques I_icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2011, 12:39 am

I do that also! Of course you knew that. I wanted to make a male Sim that favors that Hawaiian dude on Hawaii five o show. Couldn't make him 100% accurate because on a Sim the features were way too sharp and looked awkward, but overall I think he came out okay.

I think he is going to be my Valentine dude for my photo!

And I forgot to add...I LOVE this era that you mention!!! I love the stories behind it, the history, such a different type of lifestyle all together! And the babies were beautiful made from the Creole'/White mixture!! Usually red haired with beautiful green or blue eyes!!

To have this era and slavery right around the corner (literally) is still mind numbing when you think about it. And so many Creole' children didn't even know about slavery because they were so sheltered.

Ok I'm gonna shutz up now! Shocked
Back to top Go down
miss_lochness
VIP Member
miss_lochness

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: WIP: Marie Jacques   WIP: Marie Jacques I_icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2011, 4:46 am

Nah I agree, I loved reading about this era. However, I am sure I wouldn't have liked to have lived back then.

I did read about the lovely characteristics the children would often have as a result of the mixed marriages/relationships/what have you. Anne Rice's book had a brother and sister who were Creole. The brother had pale blonde hair and green eyes, light skin but had the strong features of his mother's heritage while his sister had dark hair, green eyes, pale skin and a doll like face. She had no resemblance to her mother. I was like interesting.

I also got confused in some parts, just as Creole used to refer to white settlers from France/Spain, then it referred to a mix of both, then they had Creoles of Colour. Now it seems to mostly refer to those of French/Spanish/African descent. According to Wiki some may even have Native American blood.

It's kind of like our own indigenous people. If they have mixed blood, they can have blonde hair, blue/green eyes and dark skin. It's fascinating.

I better stop, I can ramble about this for dayz. :105:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WIP: Marie Jacques   WIP: Marie Jacques I_icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2011, 8:06 am

Thanks for the quick tutorial Miss L....when I get my game working again I'm so gonna try it...just a quick question do you use anything like awesome mod or awt's slider hack to add sliders and ranges to your game? I'm using AWT's but it's really hard to use as it maxes everything out so much you end up looking like you've melted your sim or their faces have collapsed inwards.....I have Jonha's 10 body sliders, Ahmads facial sliders and delphys bewbie sliders so I guess I needed a slider hack to allow them all......I'm so stupid when it comes to all this kinda stuff lol
Back to top Go down
miss_lochness
VIP Member
miss_lochness

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: WIP: Marie Jacques   WIP: Marie Jacques I_icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2011, 8:18 am

Nah I don't use a hack to increase the range or amount of sliders. I only have Ahmad's, Delphys and Jonha's sliders in my game. But I don't use all of them. I don't have all of the facial sliders or all of the body sliders (Jonha's). The ones I do have all work and so do the sliders provided by EA :D

What happened to your game Q?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WIP: Marie Jacques   WIP: Marie Jacques I_icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2011, 8:32 am

Bad, bad, bad content borked it beyond repair so I have to start all over again brick sad swearing censored badputer
Back to top Go down
miss_lochness
VIP Member
miss_lochness

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: WIP: Marie Jacques   WIP: Marie Jacques I_icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2011, 9:48 am

GAH! Bad CC asswhack
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WIP: Marie Jacques   WIP: Marie Jacques I_icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2011, 3:17 pm

I know sad *sniffle*
Back to top Go down
smac1975

PostSubject: Re: WIP: Marie Jacques   WIP: Marie Jacques I_icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2011, 3:36 pm

"Hi this is your mastah superviser writing. I can't allow you to miss the schedule on this one so I remember you that I wants this simmie on my desk by the end of today. It doesn't matter which clock or time settings you use, just make it done or I will transfer you to Syberia... No, no... there are no penguins in Syberia, no walrus, no nothing! Just melting ice..."

:D I wants it!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WIP: Marie Jacques   WIP: Marie Jacques I_icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2011, 6:17 pm

Me thinks the power might be going to your head Sergio LOL You can't ship Miss L off to Syberia I simply wont allow it I'll cry and have to tell CeCe and then I'll stamp my feet! An no one wants to see Q have a tantrum gah laughing
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: WIP: Marie Jacques   WIP: Marie Jacques I_icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2011, 7:00 pm

I think Sergio has caught some sort of nasty virus, he's not been himself !!
Probably a "grammar police" kind of virus ! Razz
Back to top Go down
smac1975

PostSubject: Re: WIP: Marie Jacques   WIP: Marie Jacques I_icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2011, 7:35 pm

Nah... not a virus. It must be my hormones messing around me brain :|
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WIP: Marie Jacques   WIP: Marie Jacques I_icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2011, 7:39 pm

LMAO Grammar Police Virus aka GPV it sounds deadly Eva I'm so glad it wasn't that and it was just hormones that were effecting Sergio lol
Back to top Go down
miss_lochness
VIP Member
miss_lochness

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: WIP: Marie Jacques   WIP: Marie Jacques I_icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2011, 10:27 pm

Hahahaha! Syberia!!! Can I go to Alaska instead? Razz

I'll finish her up soon. :D
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: WIP: Marie Jacques   WIP: Marie Jacques I_icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2011, 1:56 am

Ok...*pulls out cat o nine whip and swings and snaps it* ANYONE who touches Miss L gets 5o lashes on their backside!! She will not be shipped off anywhere...not even around the corner!!

Sergio get those hormones in check and stop thinking of penguins and walrus's...maybe that's the problem.

I will need to WIKI and see if there is a correlation between hormones and water animals. shrugs

In the meantime...*hands Sergio some things to erm...pass some time away...and erm...calm down....get his hormones in check...dirty mags, lotion....and a 1-800 number....* laughing
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WIP: Marie Jacques   WIP: Marie Jacques I_icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2011, 5:30 am

YAY Miss L stays....thank goodness for CeCe! I was worried I'd have to travel to syberia to rescue Miss L an her smexy sim boys an a cold Q is not a happy Q I can tell ya
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WIP: Marie Jacques   WIP: Marie Jacques I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WIP: Marie Jacques

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Discussions :: Random Sim Pictures-
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com