Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

Assignment Five!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Akasha
VIP Member
Akasha

Donor/$upporter : Assignment Five! - Page 2 Th_banner
Top Poster : Assignment Five! - Page 2 Topposter
Pisces
Comments : No comment....

Assignment Five! - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2010, 4:50 am

First topic message reminder :

Assignment Five

The Seven Stages of Grief

-Stage One: Denial-

Ok, in fear of more and more people dropping out, I'm going to go ahead and start the big finale. This is where the poetry comes in!! Over the next seven assignments, you will be required to turn in a picture and corresponding(meaning explaining the picture) gothic poem that represents each one of the seven stages of grief. Now, I'm not going completely along with the list of stages...I've picked and chosen the ones that I feel will work the best for this competition. Also, even though these assignments coincide, your pictures don't have too. I'd like to keep these pretty open, but one guideline is that I don't want any cutesy-pie pictures! I would prefer it if you'd stay on the serious side for these last assignments, since grief is a serious thing! Make it your goal to make people cry!

Anywho!! So, here's stage one: denial! Each contestant will be required to submit a photo and corresponding poem that represents denial. Again, this is wide open, but try to keep it serious. Have fun and be creative!

-About the Poetry-

To make it a little easier, I don't care if you write the poetry yourself, or if you use someone elses, just give credit to the original author please!

I suggest you look up gothic poetry online for inspiration and to really get the idea of what it is.

Also, here's a Gothic Poem Generator if you're having trouble....also if you want a good laugh...

-Rules-

1. Please only post ONE picture.

2. No copying!

3. Editing is allowed, but PLEASE keep it to a MINIMUM!! Really, the only editing allowed is stuff like cropping, lighting, stuff like making the pic black and white or sepia...stuff that anyone can do with a basic program. Basically, anything that changes the tone/atmosphere of the pic is ok. Also, if there's something like a bald spot that some of the CC hair has at certain angles, then you can fill it in. But that's it! As for editing that's not allowed is stuff like adding/transposing backgrounds or objects. Basically, if it's not in your game or can't be done in your game, then it shouldn't be in your picture! (CC is considered part of your game, so it's ok, duh. lol) This competition is designed to push the limits of your creativity, so use it!

4. No changing models. You must use the one you entered! You can, however, change her hair, clothes, makeup, traits, everything but her face/body(including skintone).

New!(for the seven stages of grief only) You are allowed to change your model's face to look more sad (in CAS). I know sometimes it's difficult to get a good picture when you're model looks too happy.

5. Other sims are allowed in the picture, just make sure your sim is the main focus.

6. Remember to keep it Gothic!

Breaking the rules may lead to elimination. You have been warned!
I've decided to not disqualify anyone, just eliminate them, when they have broken the rules...unless someone drops out or doesn't show, then they will just have the lowest score. With the rate that people have dropped out, it seems unfair to disqualify people.

If you have any questions about the rules, don't hesitate to ask.

-Models-

Lucille Donovan - KelleD014 Assignment Five! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Lilith Noir - SweetBaby Assignment Five! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Ebony Flame - Bubby189 Assignment Five! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Lemiko Samura - ChicagoStorm Assignment Five! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Kira Gray - LyrianFleur Assignment Five! - Page 2 Icon_sad

Jamie May - Toblie Assignment Five! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Arabesque Van Albrecht - CeleSeraphym Assignment Five! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Despair Ruine - estrellalin Assignment Five! - Page 2 Icon_sad

Umbra Willow - RepulsiveDesire1 Assignment Five! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Good luck!!

-Deadline: 4:00am PST (Los Angeles time) on Thursday, April 1st!-

If you need an extension, don't hesitate to ask!

-Judges-

Akasha O'Connell(me)

awesome_phoebe

anettesb

-Scoring-

?/10 - How well this stage of grief was represented.
?/10 - Creativity
?/10 - Overall (picture and poem together)

-Example-

Repudiation

All around, the shadows gather,
Whilst the sinister trees laugh cruelly
At my expense.

You cannot be gone, my love!
You are merely sleeping.
Yes, sleeping!

Assignment Five! - Page 2 5y6x3q

Last edited by Akasha on April 1st 2010, 10:25 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
bubby189
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2010, 10:17 am

I just posted a random pic on the S3 site and I can see that one. Could it be something with the code in the other one not letting me see it. Strange anyway.
Back to top Go down
ChicagoStorm
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2010, 10:57 am

I love your pics Tob lie and Bubby, great job on the poems.
mines is somewhat similar to S.S
I'm just working on the poem which is hard as hellz
Back to top Go down
bubby189
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2010, 11:06 am

Thanks CS,hope I can see yours.
Back to top Go down
Kelle

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2010, 12:24 pm

Denial
By Mikoda

Oh sweet sound, a hark to my life,
I will not believe your existance is a strife,
A dream this all is, awake it will mend,
surely for you, this is not the end.

Assignment Five! - Page 2 Screenshot-680
Back to top Go down
Kelle

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2010, 12:25 pm

now i have to go get ready for work! Razz i have to be there in like a half hour Razz i wanted to get that submited though.
Back to top Go down
bubby189
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2010, 12:29 pm

nice pic and poem Kelle!
Back to top Go down
Akasha
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2010, 12:36 pm

I have a feeling these last assignments are going to be ten-hankie ones! Anybody else teary-eyed reading these poems?! Assignment Five! - Page 2 Cry2
Back to top Go down
bubby189
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2010, 1:01 pm

raises hand sniff sniff
Back to top Go down
SweetBaby
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2010, 1:10 pm

*wipes tear*

Hi guys!

Great pics/poems everyone!

My original idea ended up undoable in game Sad... I hope I can come up with something else before the deadline... right now I've got nothing. Maybe I'll start writing a poem and the inspiration will come through that.
Back to top Go down
Akasha
VIP Member
Akasha

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2010, 1:14 pm

*group hug*

Yeah, SweetBaby, that's what I do. I write the poem and then do the picture...it's a lot easier....gives you better idea of what to do.
Back to top Go down
bubby189
VIP Member
bubby189

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2010, 2:58 pm

I'm still bummed.inserts colorful words here. Assignment Five! - Page 2 Icon_sad Edit: Now the pics are posting on the S3 forums. I can see it!Go figure?!
Back to top Go down
Cel
VIP Member
Cel

Capricorn
Comments : I am the Harlequin, and the Chameleon.

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2010, 6:35 pm

You guys have done a beautiful job so far with the pictures AND the poetry. Everyone...all of them!

Akasha, I'd love to read some of your poetry -- do you have any posted anywhere?

I still don't know exactly what I want to do for this and I'm VERY afraid I won't be able to portray Denial just right...it's tough! And I'm very worried about the poetry -- I thought I had an idea (was going to use some of my own stuff), but the poetry of mine that I was going to use won't fit this at all. I hope it turns out okay (and before the deadline).
Back to top Go down
Kelle
Kelle

Libra

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2010, 8:00 pm

thanks for the comment about the picture bubby but i cant take credit for the poem. i found it on deviantart.com
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Featured Artist : Assignment Five! - Page 2 Badge-1-1
Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2010, 10:27 pm

Hi to my New Cstyles babies!! Assignment Five! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin Assignment Five! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin is everything ok? If you are going to post pics here as well would you like me to make the pic show up bigger? Just let me know! Now let me run out and grab some tissue!!
*back to lurking and blowing my nose*
Back to top Go down
Kelle
Kelle

Libra

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2010, 10:28 pm

hai Cece the site looks great!
Back to top Go down
Toblie
VIP Member
Toblie

Aquarius
Comments : Stop making a scene it will never make it to T.V!

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2010, 11:10 pm

Wow great pics everyone and thanks, can't wait for the rest. :face:
Back to top Go down
Cel
VIP Member
Cel

Capricorn

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2010, 11:18 pm

Toblie, I love your avatar -- she's really pretty. Assignment Five! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Toblie
VIP Member
Toblie

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2010, 11:23 pm

Thanks, i love red heads. Smile and your Avi is pretty to. I really like newsea hair.
Back to top Go down
Toblie
VIP Member
Toblie

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2010, 11:26 pm

Does anyone else hear popping on this site, what is it I am going crazy.
Back to top Go down
Cel
VIP Member
Cel

Capricorn

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2010, 11:29 pm

Thanks! My avi and Spat's simself are married in both our games with kiddies...
Assignment Five! - Page 2 Smiley-love006
Back to top Go down
awesome_phoebe
awesome_phoebe

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2010, 11:54 pm

It's Phoebe here o_O Duh

Great Pictures and well done on the first poetry assignment. Good luck everyone Smile
Back to top Go down
Toblie
VIP Member
Toblie

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2010, 12:29 am

Hey Akasha could you please post the results of assignment four here, i haven't seen the scores and would love to know what the judges said, Any feed back given and so forth, if it's no trouble.
i hate that forum aaaargh affraid
Back to top Go down
Akasha
VIP Member
Akasha

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2010, 1:04 am

Yay, I'm glad you guys got the memo!

Cele- I've only written poetry for school and for this comp, so no, I don't have any posted anywhere...to be honest, I used that generator and switched the words around and added stuff to fit the assignment.

Toblie- I honestly don't remember what I wrote or even gave everyone. Assignment Five! - Page 2 Icon_redface I usually save all the scores, but I did them at work this time, so I couldn't save them. I haven't been able to see the new sections since I the day I posted the scores. But when I see them again I'll post them here. Sorry! *hides*
Back to top Go down
Cel
VIP Member
Cel

Capricorn

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2010, 1:25 am

Toblie, I can see it right now. Do you want your scores/comments or all of them?
Back to top Go down
Cel
VIP Member
Cel

Capricorn

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2010, 1:26 am

And Akasha, you should come over to the chat box now! Me, cece and RD are all on!

Here ya go Toblie!

-Thanatophobia-

Fear of dying.

Jamie May – Toblie

Assignment Five! - Page 2 Gothi4-1

Akasha:

10/10 - Phobia Representation

10/10 - Creativity

9/10 - Overall

I love this picture! I was interested to see how this phobia would
be represented and I was surprised to see it done this way; very
clever! The only criticism I can think of is that the characters seem a
little scrunched together. Awesome job!

Phoebe:

Phobia representation 10/10

Creativity 10/10

Overall 10/10

Total: 59/60
Back to top Go down
Akasha
VIP Member
Akasha

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2010, 1:29 am

Damn, how come I can't see them?! Hmm...

Cel, do you mind posting all the scores in a new post?
Back to top Go down
Cel
VIP Member
Cel

Capricorn

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2010, 1:38 am

Sure! I'll get right on it...
Back to top Go down
Akasha
VIP Member
Akasha

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2010, 1:55 am

Thanks, luv!
Back to top Go down
Toblie
VIP Member
Toblie

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2010, 2:04 am

Thanks Cel, Yay! would love to see the rest.

Ok off to work now have fun without me guys >) you always do lol. 👅
Back to top Go down
Cel
VIP Member
Cel

Capricorn

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2010, 5:10 pm

Damn!!! I FINALLY came up with an idea for my picture and it isn't possible in the game. I could easily edit it, but it would be outside the editing limits! It would only require a TINY edit, but that edit makes or breaks the theme of the shot. This is going to be HARD. It's fun though...I'm just wracking my brains now trying to come up with another idea.
Back to top Go down
SweetBaby
VIP Member
SweetBaby

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2010, 7:31 pm

I know how that feels Cel. The original idea I had was awesome...but not doable without editing. I have a new idea though that's not as good but doable. I got the inspiration by writing my poem first. I'm almost done now...should have mine up sometime tonight or tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Toblie
VIP Member
Toblie

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2010, 8:51 pm

Yeah this assignment was hard, I'm freaking out that my poem and pic aren't portraying denial at all, argh! I hope this is a non elimination round (hint hint) because it's the first time using poems for me Sad... lol.

Can't wait to see the rest of the pics.
Back to top Go down
SweetBaby
VIP Member
SweetBaby

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2010, 10:24 pm

I think I'm happy with this now (This assignment is TOUGH, and I spent a lot of time fiddling with this)

The dusk prevails
My father is gone
In placid quiescence
The slumbering sun

I cannot feel
I cannot see
Yet I know he’s here
Right next to me

The frigid shiver
Won’t tear us apart
The grasp of death
Cannot seize my heart

With song as my refuge
And your entity abound
My idyllic serenity
Shall forever be found

Never a sorrow
No tears in my eyes
For as long as I breathe
I will never say goodbye

Assignment Five! - Page 2 Screenshot1050

Bigger
Back to top Go down
bubby189
VIP Member
bubby189

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2010, 10:32 pm

OMG! What a lovely poem. Thought of my Dad, he died 2 years ago of cancer.This assignment is such a tear jerker.Great pic too.
Back to top Go down
SweetBaby
VIP Member
SweetBaby

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2010, 10:34 pm

Thanks Bubby ... I'm sorry about your dad.
Back to top Go down
bubby189
VIP Member
bubby189

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2010, 10:39 pm

Assignment Five! - Page 2 Icon_smile Thanks.
Back to top Go down
ninjahawkz
ninjahawkz

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2010, 11:45 pm

SweetBaby wrote:
I think I'm happy with this now (This assignment is TOUGH, and I spent a lot of time fiddling with this)
Assignment Five! - Page 2 Icon_cheers
your pic is so kool , good one
, the ghost in the mirror is very kool Assignment Five! - Page 2 Icon_cool

The dusk prevails
My father is gone
In placid quiescence
The slumbering sun

I cannot feel
I cannot see
Yet I know he’s here
Right next to me

The frigid shiver
Won’t tear us apart
The grasp of death
Cannot seize my heart

With song as my refuge
And your entity abound
My idyllic serenity
Shall forever be found

Never a sorrow
No tears in my eyes
For as long as I breathe
I will never say goodbye

Assignment Five! - Page 2 Screenshot1050

Bigger
Back to top Go down
Toblie
VIP Member
Toblie

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 1:06 am

Wow Shocked That is excellent Sweetbaby, freakin fantastic!
Back to top Go down
Akasha
VIP Member
Akasha

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 9:20 am

Damn! Lyrian dropped out! Sad... I had a feeling someone was going to.... *sigh*
Back to top Go down
SweetBaby
VIP Member
SweetBaby

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 10:45 am

Thank you Ninjahawkz and Toblie Assignment Five! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Oh no... another dropout Assignment Five! - Page 2 Icon_sad
Back to top Go down
Akasha
VIP Member
Akasha

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 1:12 pm

Assignment Five! - Page 2 Pout
Back to top Go down
RepulsiveDesire
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
RepulsiveDesire

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 1:36 pm

It really sucks that we keep losing people like that. But you haven't had to actually eliminate anyone so that's a consolation Assignment Five! - Page 2 Lol

I'll have to get mine done today if I want to make the deadline. Going to get my teeth pulled tomorrow Assignment Five! - Page 2 Affraid
Back to top Go down
Cel
VIP Member
Cel

Capricorn

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 3:19 pm

Lyrian dropped?! Oh man, she was really creative, too.

RD -- damn...teeth-pulling SUCKS. Hang in there and enjoy all of those happy meds!
Back to top Go down
RepulsiveDesire
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
RepulsiveDesire

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 6:57 pm

Teeth pulling was moved to Weds. My dad keeps delaying it I just want to get in there and get it over with already!

Assignment Five! - Page 2 UmbraWillow-Despair

Broken and forsaken
wallowing
dejected
No solace in the bottom of this bottle
no comfort in these pills
Keep drinking to forget
get over these tiny hills

Do I still feel?
Knife digs just a little bit deeper
pain, the only thing that’s real
got to get over these hills
keep drinking to forget

Not enough to get you out of my head
Happiness is a warm gun, that’s what he said
keep drinking to forget
put the bottle to my head
keep drinking to forget
pull the trigger
to forget.

I'm not very good at poetry so I hope you all got the metaphor I was going for.

Last edited by RepulsiveDesire on March 29th 2010, 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ChicagoStorm
VIP Member
ChicagoStorm

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 7:34 pm

Assignment Five! - Page 2 Icon_mad I have the pic, but no poem!!!
RD and I love your pic..Kelle and sweet baby love the poem and pic..*tear*

I'll post it soon after I finish doing my chapter 5 for my story, yay.
Back to top Go down
Toblie
VIP Member
Toblie

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 8:14 pm

Oh noes not another one dropping out. Aww.
great pic RD look forward to reading the poem that goes with it. cheers
Back to top Go down
SweetBaby
VIP Member
SweetBaby

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 9:26 pm

Ooooh you posted your poem, RD! I didn't notice the gun on the table til I read the poem. I love the picture (I already told you in shoutbox, but I'll tell you again Razz ) She is so intense and so is the emotion. Reading the poem (you did a really good job on it btw) her pain can really be felt. You did an amazing job on this!

@CS - Thanks :D And I can't wait to see yours!
Back to top Go down
Cel
VIP Member
Cel

Capricorn

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 10:04 pm

Oh-ho-ho-hooooo that's DECENT right THERE...beautiful job on that RD! It has a cool, dark retro vibe to it. Nice... Assignment Five! - Page 2 Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
ChicagoStorm
VIP Member
ChicagoStorm

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 10:45 pm

wow RD. You could really feel it. Even if you didnt have the pic, you could still get a visual.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assignment Five!   Assignment Five! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Assignment Five!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Contests :: View 'Closed' Contest Pictures :: Closed Contests (pictures still available) :: Gothique Beauty Contest-
Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com