Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

turning sims

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

turning sims Vide
PostSubject: turning sims   turning sims I_icon_minitimeApril 8th 2011, 7:52 pm

ok maybe not a tech question as such...but...when you upload a sim to mediafire to be downloaded...how do you change them from sims 3 pack to package file format or do you have to do it before hand ??

I noticed that some people have both formats in the one rar file...how do you do that ???
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Top Poster : turning sims Topposter
Featured Artist : turning sims Badge-1-1
Tech Support : turning sims Os51eg
Leo

turning sims Vide
PostSubject: Re: turning sims   turning sims I_icon_minitimeApril 8th 2011, 8:15 pm

Most of the creators who upload simmehs, use the following files:

* sims3pack files, this file is the same file as you would upload to the Sims 3 Exchange.
* sim files (is a package file basically), is the same file you save to your hard drive, when you save it in CAS (Located normally C:\users\your name\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\SavedSims) This file doesn't contain CC, it just "defines" a simmeh in game / in CAS.

If you convert the sims3pack file of sims into package files using the Delpy's Multi Installer, these will breakdown into several separate package files. You can combine / compress these separate files again to 1 package file, but normally this is not done / uploaded by creators. This is only a workaround if the sim doesn't show up in CAS and even this workaround isn't 100% proof.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

turning sims Vide
PostSubject: Re: turning sims   turning sims I_icon_minitimeApril 8th 2011, 8:21 pm

ok...thanks eva...so i am ok with having my simmie the way it is like its going on the exchange and downloads to the launcher ??

i dont need to change it to anything else??

hope that made sense...lol..
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

turning sims Vide
PostSubject: Re: turning sims   turning sims I_icon_minitimeApril 8th 2011, 8:53 pm

Yeah, that's fine Ang ;)

Of course it's handy to zip (or rar, or 7z, or....) the file before uploading.
It makes the upload / download file smaller and saves download bandwidth Smile

A lot of simmers do prefer the sim file though, instead of the sims3pack file.
As this is a small file compared to the sims3pack file, I zip both files into one upload / download zip file, so simmers have a choice which one they want to use for their game.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

turning sims Vide
PostSubject: Re: turning sims   turning sims I_icon_minitimeApril 8th 2011, 9:04 pm

that sounds far too technical for my little aht brain to do...lol....i will stick to this way just now until my brain catches up...lol...... hiho hiho
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

turning sims Vide
PostSubject: Re: turning sims   turning sims I_icon_minitimeApril 8th 2011, 11:20 pm

I like Eva's way also Ang, it's just easier and it seems more folks prefer the package files. Of course sometimes I will see a neck and neck of downloads of both types of files. But let's say you have 300 downloads and you see 130 have downloaded sims 3packs while the remaining used the package...it's just best to do it both ways.

It's realistically a very simple process, and once you figure it out you'll be stunned at just how easy it is. Trust me, I had to learn and once I figured it out I laughed at how much I feared trying to do package files. hiho
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

turning sims Vide
PostSubject: Re: turning sims   turning sims I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2011, 7:25 am

ok once i iz awake...need lots of coffee i will give it a go and see what happens....yay for eva and cece being more techy than me so that my likkle AHTness can cope ..... hiho hiho hiho
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

turning sims Vide
PostSubject: Re: turning sims   turning sims I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2011, 8:37 am

If you need any help or advice, please give me a shout ! ;)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

turning sims Vide
PostSubject: Re: turning sims   turning sims I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2011, 10:59 am

ok ..thanks eva...dont go too far away cos i will shout....lol...i need to get my simmie ready then i will give it a go..... hiho hiho
Back to top Go down
broomhilda
Desserter
Desserter

Taurus

turning sims Vide
PostSubject: Re: turning sims   turning sims I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2011, 11:39 am

This sounds way too complicated for me lol, but Im sure that you will conquer it angie. An if there are more piccies headed this way broomie is gonna love em. Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

turning sims Vide
PostSubject: Re: turning sims   turning sims I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2011, 3:58 pm

me shouting eva........ Razz

ok i have got my simmie ready, wrote down the cc list, took the pics but not exported to mediafire yet....can you tell me what i do in easy steps please.......i have the delphy tool thingy for changing from sims3 pack to package. but i havent done that yet...
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

turning sims Vide
PostSubject: Re: turning sims   turning sims I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2011, 4:23 pm

OK I'll try.

Copy the sims3packfile from the simmeh you made, to your desktop.
Copy the sim file from the simmeh you made, to your desktop.

Select the sims3packfile on your desktop.
Press "CTRL" and select the sim file on your desktop (so both these files are selected now).
Right click with your mouse on one of the selected files.
You will see a pop up menu, click on "Send to" & click on "Compressed (zipped) folder.
A new file has been created on your desktop.
You can upload this new (zip-)file to Mediafire.

I hope this works for you. Please check and let me know, OK ??
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

turning sims Vide
PostSubject: Re: turning sims   turning sims I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2011, 5:02 pm

i think i done it....yay...its so easy...thankyou eva ....now to upload my simmie to see if the next stage works.......you are a star eva..... thump thump thump
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

turning sims Vide
PostSubject: Re: turning sims   turning sims I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2011, 5:05 pm

It sounds a bit technical, but once you've done it, like you said, it's real easy !
Glad I could be of help my dear !! Smile

Just give me a shout, if you need more help ;)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

turning sims Vide
PostSubject: Re: turning sims   turning sims I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

turning sims

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Welcome :: Tech & Game Support-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com