Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
miss_lochness
VIP Member
miss_lochness

Top Poster : Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" Topposter
Featured Artist : Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" Badge-1-1
Pisces
Comments : One word...BAZINGA!

Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" Vide
PostSubject: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2011, 2:07 am

"Now Do It Yourself"

Yeah damn straight, do it your damn selves! Razz Joking, of course we will give you guidance and perhaps some rules too.

Before we continue, welcome to the SEMI-FINALE (I added the E for some glamour Razz)!!! We are so proud of our little simming munchkins!!! So this means that this week we will be deciding on our final three! The big finale is going to be a lot of fun, perhaps twice as much fun, so let this little piece of info give you guys that drive you will need to give us some great entries and ensure your place in the finale.

Moving on to this weeks challenge. Our focus is DIY, but not the kind of home renovating, cupboard building DIY. We're gonna give you guys 5 outfits we want you to use and the rest is up to you. Almost complete creative freedom this week.

So what do we want you guys to use this week? Well, well, well, have a look 'ere 'eh:
Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" 01_cas10Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" 02_for10Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" 03_sle10

Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" 04_spo10Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" 04_spo11Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" 05_swi10
The outfits are shown from Everyday to Swimwear.

Here are the guidelines for this week:

- We want a complete FEMALE sim with all 5 outfits. We have chosen these outfits for you and that is all. You can colour them and use whatever patterns you want. WE JUST WANT THESE 5 OUTFITS FOR EACH CATEGORY.
- You may use whichever hair, skin, accessories, shoes etc you wish.
- What your sim does in the action shots is up to you, be as creative as you wish.
- Remember you have total freedom this week with your sim's presence and personality.
- Remember you're standard submission requirements:
  • One CAS shot
  • One Head Shot
  • 5 Action Shots (each depicting one of the outfits)
  • One EXTRA shot if you wish, just to show us your simmeh's personality. (Not a requirement. If you choose to submit an extra shot or not, you will not be marked higher or lower)

You have until Friday, 3rd of June at 23.55 hours (11.55pm) PST time (here) to submit your entry!!

Remember, if you encounter any problems with submitting on time, then please contact Eva or myself via PM or in this thread. You guys know we're flexible Smile

ANY problems with this week's theme, then please post those queries in this thread and we will respond ASAP.

IMPORTANT: All entrants, please check your PM! I have messaged each one of you with important information. Please check your inbox!

That's all for this week guys. Best of luck and may the force be with you!!!
Back to top Go down
jaddie98
jaddie98

Capricorn

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2011, 3:15 am

Wow. I love it! Smile Our computer's going to be gone on the 30th, though... If I do make it to the semi-finals, I may not be able to submit. But I'm not dropping now. Smile EDIT: I sent you guys a PM.
Back to top Go down
miss_lochness
VIP Member
miss_lochness

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2011, 3:53 am

Jaddie, I've responded to you.

Glad you like this week's challenge. It was Miss Eva's idea Big smile
Back to top Go down
miss_lochness
VIP Member
miss_lochness

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2011, 4:34 am

Lovelies,

We're going to review this week's theme. We will hopefully have a new idea up tonight for you all.

Sorry about this guys!

Miss L.
Back to top Go down
Caradella
Caradella

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2011, 5:55 am

Huh? So should we do this assignment or not? confused
Back to top Go down
miss_lochness
VIP Member
miss_lochness

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2011, 6:08 am

Not at the moment. There have been some problems. We will review and give a new submission date. We might go with just items from The Store, of your own choice, instead of what we have chosen.

Sorry Caradella.
Back to top Go down
Caradella
Caradella

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2011, 6:20 am

Phew, I'm kinda worried there.. The store items didn't work for me! When I put it into my game, my game NEVER loads... Sad032
Back to top Go down
jaddie98
jaddie98

Capricorn

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2011, 6:53 am

Miss L, maybe Base Game items, then? That would be fair to all the contestants, and keep with the theme.
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Tech Support : Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" Os51eg
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2011, 9:56 am

Jaddie can you let me know if the item I gifted, worked for you in your game ??
If so, I'll be sending a PM to all you guys.
If it doesn't work, we need to adjust this assignment.
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2011, 7:03 pm

OK guys, the work around is working, so check your "PM" and send me your response as soon as possible and I'll arrange the clothes will be "delivered" to you !! Big smile

If this doesn't take too long the deadline will remain the same.

Edit: don't use the clothes send to you before, as they may cause conflicts.

Last edited by EvaTer on May 25th 2011, 6:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jaddie98
jaddie98

Capricorn

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitimeMay 25th 2011, 6:46 am

I got everything installed, and it's working. Smile
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitimeMay 25th 2011, 6:57 am

Thanks Jaddie for letting us know, I'm confident we can get it to work for the others too !! hand dance
Back to top Go down
JKAmaryllis
JKAmaryllis

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitimeMay 26th 2011, 10:55 am

I somehow didn't realize that I haven't checked in and said seen it xD Trying to figure out what to do :D Nice challenge Smile
Back to top Go down
Caradella
Caradella

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitimeMay 26th 2011, 11:42 am

Getting my entry in soon! Just need to take one last pic..! Big smile
Back to top Go down
Caradella
Caradella

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitimeMay 27th 2011, 1:21 pm

Hi all! Here's my entry! hand dance
CAS shot:
Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" Screenshot-114
Headshot:
Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" Screenshot-115
Molly Caliente has it all; the looks, the charm, and the body. However, she's got no brains, and is too lazy to work and earn money. She lived a carefree life, until she realized that her bills are piling up bigger and BIGGER, and that she MUST pay her bills or her belongings will be repossessed. But how can a dumb, lazy girl like Molly get a job, and earn money? Suddenly, a great idea came to her..
Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" Screenshot-119
Molly’s plan is to marry a mega-rich bachelor, and coincidentally, she met one while hanging out at a bar. Wilbert Goth, the bachelor, was foolishly charmed by Molly, and not long after their first encounter, Molly became Mrs.Goth.
Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" Screenshot-123
After becoming the wife of a rich billionaire, Molly no longer live in hardship.. She had servants to tend to her every need, and a great sum of money to spend. For a moment, everything seemed perfect, until Wilbert caught Molly cheating with their personal chef. Wilbert was devastated, and filed divorce papers. Molly was horrified; she didn’t want to live poorly again. She needs to handle this problem, fast.
Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" Screenshot-133
Soon after she was caught, Molly kind of..sabotaged the television. Wilbert, not knowing Molly’s schemes, came to fix it, and died from electrocution. With Wilbert out of the way, Molly will inherit all of his belongings and fame.
Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" Screenshot-127
Now, Molly lived a luxurious life; she’s got a big house, two cars, and TWO boyfriends. Big smile
Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" Screenshot-128

I truly apologize if this entry is kind of sinister.. Embarassed Hope you likey!
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitimeMay 27th 2011, 5:13 pm

Yayy the first entry is in !! happydance I'll start up the picture only thread Big smile
Back to top Go down
jaddie98
jaddie98

Capricorn

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitimeMay 27th 2011, 11:52 pm

Wow, caradella! Shocked Amazing, as always. I'm working on my entry now, should have it in a few hours or so. Smile
Back to top Go down
JKAmaryllis
JKAmaryllis

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitimeMay 28th 2011, 5:09 am

:o
:D I'm lovin the Caliente/Goth storyline :D
Back to top Go down
JKAmaryllis
JKAmaryllis

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitimeMay 28th 2011, 6:07 am

Sad032 I just spent a little over an hour making my sim and I tried to save her to the sim bin and now my game has frozen D:
Back to top Go down
Caradella
Caradella

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitimeMay 28th 2011, 10:18 am

Thank you so much Jaddie and JK! JK, I hope you can fix this problem! Sad... I can't wait to see your entry!
Back to top Go down
JKAmaryllis
JKAmaryllis

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitimeMay 28th 2011, 10:55 am

Michelle Green

Okay sooo I actually took some inspiration from the whole "Do it yourself" theme, and decided that Michelle is going to be a crafty, sweet and smart DIY kinda girl.

Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" A8CAS

Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" A8Headshot

Michelle in her bedroom, which you can see her desk is cluttered with scrapbooking supplies:
Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" A8Sleepwear

She stays away from the mall, shanging out instead in the old plaza where you can find cute cafes and vintage shops:
Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" A8Everyday

Michelle tries to keep down the weight and stress by taking yoga classes:
Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" A8Athletic

She rocks her own unique style at the pool:
Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" A8Swim

At a formal gala sporting her hand sewn dress and handmade hair accessory:
Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" A8Formal
Back to top Go down
Caradella
Caradella

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitimeMay 28th 2011, 11:36 am

Oh my GOD, FABULOUS entry JK!!! hiho
Back to top Go down
JKAmaryllis
JKAmaryllis

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitimeMay 28th 2011, 12:25 pm

Thank you :D The everyday pic (shopping one) took me FOREVER xD
Back to top Go down
Caradella
Caradella

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitimeMay 28th 2011, 12:39 pm

Yeah... I struggled in killing Wilbert! It took me forever to kill him! I never know electrocuting a sim can be so hard! Big smile Btw, the gorgeous necklace your sim is wearing kinda looks like your homemade necklaces I saw in your blog! hiho
Back to top Go down
JKAmaryllis
JKAmaryllis

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitimeMay 28th 2011, 3:32 pm

Aawwww Love067 Thank you :D :D

Yeah I almost never get accidental deaths and stuff like that in my game Sad...
Back to top Go down
jaddie98
jaddie98

Capricorn

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitimeMay 29th 2011, 9:46 am

I was going to do a yoga one. Smile Great minds think alike, I guess! :D Amazing JK, as usual. Smile
Back to top Go down
jaddie98
jaddie98

Capricorn

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitimeMay 29th 2011, 11:23 am

Okay. You guys knew this was coming, I'd been warning you guys that we're moving. I'm going to be moving out on tomorrow, meaning that our computer will be gone. This was my last round, as I won't be able to turn in on time. I wish all of you good luck in the finale! :D <3 If there is a cycle two, count me in! Smile It's been honor to compete with you guys and have the two best hosts, Eva and Miss L. Smile I'll be lurking until the winner is declared!

I did make a pretty unique sim for this assignment... Smile But I'm not done with my entry. Can I post what I did do, just to get some feedback? Smile
Back to top Go down
Caradella
Caradella

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitimeMay 29th 2011, 11:34 am

Oh no Jaddie!! Sad... I'll miss you! You have been such a fun competitor, and it saddens me to see you go.. :'(
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitimeMay 29th 2011, 5:46 pm

I'm so sorry Jaddie !! No I will miss you !! Sad...
You have been a wonderful competitor and I would love to have you around in cycle 2 !! cheers
I sure would love to see the simmeh you've made !! ;)
Back to top Go down
miss_lochness
VIP Member
miss_lochness

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitimeMay 29th 2011, 11:14 pm

Awwww, Jaddie I knew it was coming but I am still saddned to lose you Sad... You have been a great entrant, always lovely and supportive of others in this comp. Eva and I definitly wanna see you for Cycle 2!! All of you actually Big smile

I definitly want to see what you created for this assignment!!
Back to top Go down
jaddie98
jaddie98

Capricorn

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitimeMay 30th 2011, 2:57 am

Thank you so much guys, I am definitely coming back for cycle 2. In fact, you may well as pre reserve me. Smile I'll post pictures as soon as I can. Smile
Back to top Go down
JKAmaryllis
JKAmaryllis

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitimeMay 30th 2011, 8:57 am

Aawww at least we still get to see some of your sim! *hugs* good luck with the move Smile
Back to top Go down
Caradella
Caradella

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitimeMay 31st 2011, 10:20 am

I wonder where Jaddie and Jojo went..? Sad...
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2011, 7:28 am

Happy Birthday Caradella !! hiho Hug007 birthday Eatdrink
Back to top Go down
Caradella
Caradella

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2011, 8:04 am

Awww... Thank you so much Eva! hiho You're the first simmer that had ever wished me happy birthday! happy *NEW*
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2011, 9:04 am

wowzer great entries guys Love067

good luck in moving jaddie Love067

happy birthday caradella Eatdrink thump
Back to top Go down
jojo777
jojo777

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2011, 11:57 am

Hey guys! I'm here, and working on the assignment, though there is no way it's going to be as amazing as both of yours. Seriously, I am soooo blown away by your entries, they show the time and dedication you put into this Smile

I'm so sorry to see Jaddie go! But good luck moving Smile
Back to top Go down
Caradella
Caradella

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2011, 12:14 pm

Yay Jojo is back! I'm kinda worried you're dropping out as you made a no-show these past few days.. So glad you're back!! hiho

Oh, and Eva or Miss L, with Jaddie being no longer in the competition:'( , will there be any elimination?
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2011, 12:53 pm

Good question Caradella; since Jaddie isn't in the competition because she's moving and we planned three contestants to go to the finale, there will be no eliminations this round ! Big smile
Back to top Go down
Caradella
Caradella

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2011, 1:09 pm

Oh yay! The more, the merrier! hiho
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"   Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Assignment 8: "Now Do It Yourself!!"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Contests :: View 'Closed' Contest Pictures :: Closed Contests (pictures still available) :: From A to ... Beauty Contest-
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com