Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

(SOLVED)It just won't merge.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AlexsSims
AlexsSims

Sagittarius
Comments : I'm an avid simmer. I have been a part of the sims community since I was 8. (7 years and counting!). I love making sims, playing legacies, meeting new people, editing photos, entering contests, and playing on my iphone.

(SOLVED)It just won't merge. Vide
PostSubject: (SOLVED)It just won't merge.   (SOLVED)It just won't merge. I_icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2012, 7:24 pm

Okay so I want to merge my hair files! I don't use CC clothes, and the majority of my CC is hairs. (281 to be exact, more to come guaranteed). I have s3pe, and I have merged the files before but they just won't show up. I don't know if the file is just to big, or if my computer is messed up...

Tutorials I have tried:
Club Crimsyn
Eva's
Martine's
MATY
and mod the sims
Back to top Go down
Shyne
VIP Member
Shyne

Donor/$upporter : (SOLVED)It just won't merge. Th_banner
Top Poster : (SOLVED)It just won't merge. Topposter
Featured Artist : (SOLVED)It just won't merge. Badge-1-1
Scorpio
Comments : *KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK* Penny.
*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK* Penny.
*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK* Penny.

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)It just won't merge.   (SOLVED)It just won't merge. I_icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2012, 7:39 pm

Weird! I have never merged my own files, I am too scared of things conflicting.
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra
Comments : adult living in canada

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)It just won't merge.   (SOLVED)It just won't merge. I_icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2012, 8:37 pm

maybe u need the new simpe? dach told me there is a new one now we need to be using . i dont know why though. but that would be it. make sure you are merging packages and not sims3packs.
and do be careful in merging too many. merges in small batches not huge chunks. and when one finishes , do it again and save it . and of course the new combined files must go in your mod packages folders. it is a series of steps to make it all work but not hard to do at all. dach is good at this thing.huh uh
Back to top Go down
dachshundsr4me
dachshundsr4me

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)It just won't merge.   (SOLVED)It just won't merge. I_icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2012, 8:47 pm

Well i dont merge that many file all together in one file and that maybe your problem...i will do all peggys hairs together and all shyne hairs together..(actually shyne has a shyne hair combo 1 and 2 file...half of her hairs are in one file and half in another ), newsea and so on and i also have a backup i keep on my desktop of the originals so that way if shyne decides to retexture an older hair i can swap it out from the peggy file or whomever and then just remake those two files...my shyne file is getting larger and my peggy file is getting smaller as well as my lotus file is larger and newsea one is smaller now...i am slowly swapping all of them out for either shyne, lotus, anubis or beaverhausen files...just depends on what i like...Shyne is my fav then beaverhausen and lotus...then anubis...some of anubis is to matte of a finish for my taste at times...i like my hairs super shynieeee...wee...for shynified hairs.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sims3tools/files/latest/download?source=files

new version link BTW...it replaces having to have a 64 or 32 bit file...this one is the master one and wont need to be updated anymore. The got rid of the granny.dll file so there was no need for two different versions anymore.

Last edited by dachshundsr4me on February 1st 2012, 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
miss_lochness
VIP Member
miss_lochness

Pisces
Comments : One word...BAZINGA!

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)It just won't merge.   (SOLVED)It just won't merge. I_icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2012, 8:51 pm

I used Eva's tutorial and it worked best for me. Eva did suggest, like Dachs mentioned, to keep to one creator when merging. Don't make the file too big, Eva has an exact number of mbs to keep to in her tutorial.

Probably not much help, but it's what worked for me Smile
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)It just won't merge.   (SOLVED)It just won't merge. I_icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2012, 9:16 pm

we all use dashboard to check for duplicate files, conflict files, and corrupt files . it really help in tell us if we have a file already inside the combined file . u take out hair u dont want and replace it with it s retextures twin .switch swap replace , whatever you want
Back to top Go down
AlexsSims
AlexsSims

Sagittarius
Comments : I'm an avid simmer. I have been a part of the sims community since I was 8. (7 years and counting!). I love making sims, playing legacies, meeting new people, editing photos, entering contests, and playing on my iphone.

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)It just won't merge.   (SOLVED)It just won't merge. I_icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2012, 9:30 pm

Thanks guys. My file may be too large. I checked with Delphy's tool to make sure it was all packages and it is. I am gonna follow Eva's tutorial down to the period and do it in smaller folders. I hope that works and I'll make sure the MB's doesn't go over board. Thanks again! ^_^
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)It just won't merge.   (SOLVED)It just won't merge. I_icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2012, 9:48 pm

make sure uncheck the box at the bottom called

hex

not sure what it will do if u dont but that is turned off.
Back to top Go down
AlexsSims
AlexsSims

Sagittarius

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)It just won't merge.   (SOLVED)It just won't merge. I_icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2012, 6:22 pm

Yay! You guys saved me! I made each file with a max of 250MB's (went from 300 packages to 9!!!!) And they all work! Yahoo! Love067
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)It just won't merge.   (SOLVED)It just won't merge. I_icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2012, 9:34 pm

oh that great ! fantastic to hear
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)It just won't merge.   (SOLVED)It just won't merge. I_icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2012, 11:36 pm

Alex what worked for you, making the files smaller you think?
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)It just won't merge.   (SOLVED)It just won't merge. I_icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2012, 11:02 am

^I think that is most definitely it.

Depending on how much ram your computer has - if you try to merge too many files at once, you can run out free available memory, causing your computer to slow down/crash.

For instance, if you previously had the 32-bit version of S3PE/32-bit version of Windows - you only have access to 2 GB of ram, even if for some reason you have more installed on that computer. That's going to slow down the speed at which your computer can merge those files. My boyfriend's gaming computer has about 12 GB of ram, so it'd be easier to merge larger files and merge them faster.

I play mostly on a very not-so-great laptop, so I usually try to merge about 150 MBs worth of packages at once, with the exception of certain groups. I also have my hair split up by creator. This computer only has 4 GB of ram, so it doesn't compress things too quickly.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)It just won't merge.   (SOLVED)It just won't merge. I_icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2012, 2:25 pm

Thanks bunches!! I will mark this thread 'solved'!! Yay...another victory! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED)It just won't merge.   (SOLVED)It just won't merge. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(SOLVED)It just won't merge.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Welcome :: Tech & Game Support-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com