Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED*

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Top Poster : Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* Topposter
Featured Artist : Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* Badge-1-1
Tech Support : Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* Os51eg
Leo

Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* Vide
PostSubject: Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED*   Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2012, 6:21 pm

Hey guys,

I was thinking it might be a good idea to shed some more light on the 3D eyelashes released recently at S-Club Privée. It can be rather confusing, not knowing what to do exactly or what to expect from these lashes.

So what do you need ??
- The eyelash MESH (here)
- The 3D eyelashes (here)
- The eyelash slider (here), as I think they're a must (!!) I'll show you !

- Optional the EA eyelash removal mod (here)
* This is really up to your (I think) and what YOU like best, for YOUR game.

Recommended other sliders to make your simmeh and the eyes of your simmeh look better:
- CAS Sliders by Jonha (Link)
- CAS Sliders by Ahmad (Link)
- Breast Sliders by Delphy (Link)
- Chin Cleft Slider by TumTum Simiolino (Link)
- GEOM Sliders (Upper lip) by aWT (Link)
- GEOM Sliders (Nose Septum) by aWT (Link)
- Lip Slider by Hermi (Link)

What makes this all work in your game ??
- NRaas Master Controller And MC Integration mods (here) or the slider hack at S-Club Privée (here) for instance.

Is it so complicated as it sounds ?
Nope !! Just follow the links, download the stuff (if you don't already have it) and put it in your "mods/packages folder" and you're good to go !!

* Okay so here we go ! *
Lets start with a sim with ALL sliders set to zero. I always use this sim when I start creating a new sim, so in a way all my simmehs are "born" like this !! Big smile
Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* 01+Start+sim+all+sliders+set+to+zero

Lets put some nice hair and brows on her first, LOL !
Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* 02+Edit+hair+and+eyebrow

After that I'm gonna select one of the (new) 3D eyelashes from the eyeliner section.
Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* 03+Select+3D+eyelashes+in+makeup

In this example I'll layer the lashes so the lashes are clearly visible in the pics. I'll layer the lashes by adding the same kind of lashes from the accessory section in CAS.
Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* 04+Layer+3D+eyelashes+using+accessory

Now I'm going to adjust the 3D eyelashes to the eyelids of the sim. I think this is very important as every (new) sim you make is unique, with unique features, so I think you HAVE to adjust the lashes to match and fit the eyes "perfectly". Just like putting on real makeup !
Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* 05+Start+edit+with+eyelash+sliders

The eyelash bottom height slider first. Just to show you what it does, this is the minimum setting (with the normal slider range settings !).
Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* 06+Eyelash+bottom+height+minimum

And maximum setting...
Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* 07+Eyelash+bottom+height+maximum

Hmmm... I think I'm gonna go for this setting (in this case !).
Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* 08+Eyelash+bottom+height

Next up the eyelash bottom length slider. Minimum...
Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* 09+Eyelash+bottom+lenght+minimum

And maxed out !! Yayy ! :510: Big smile
Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* 10+Eyelash+bottom+lenght+maximum

Now the eyelash corner height slider. This is one you have to think about and does have to match the end result of the shape of the eyes in order to make it look good. Minimum setting first again.
Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* 11+Eyelash+corner+height+minimum

Followed by the maximum setting.
Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* 12+Eyelash+corner+height+maximum

My setting in this case Razz
Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* 13+Eyelash+corner+height

The next slider took me some time to figure out, but the eyelash inner height slider is for the bottom eyelash middle part (of the lash) height. I hope that makes any sense, LOL Big smile Maybe the pics will make it more clear (zooming in helps !). Minimum setting..
Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* 14+Eyelash+inner+height+minimum

And maximum again.
Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* 15+Eyelash+inner+height+maximum

In this case right down the middle, I think !
Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* 16+Eyelash+inner+height

Now it's time for the upper part of the eyelid and lashes, starting with the eyelash top height slider (minimum).
Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* 17+Eyelash+top+height+minimum

And you know the drill (maximum).
Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* 18+Eyelash+top+height+maximum

More up, I would think Smile
Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* 19+Eyelash+top+height

And last but not least (for the new eyelash sliders) the eyelash top length slider. Minimum setting...
Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* 20+Eyelash+top+length+minimum

And you guessed right, the maximum setting !! hiho Love067
Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* 21+Eyelash+top+length+maximum

That was basically it ! But for "esthetics", I'm gonna finish up the eyes, so the end result is "presentable" ;)
Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* 22+Other+eye+slider+settings

Eyes....
Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* 23+Other+eye+slider+settings

Brows...
Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* 24+Other+eye+slider+settings

Eye corners, lids and stuff..
Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* 25+Other+eye+slider+settings
Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* 26+Other+eye+slider+settings

More in the "head section"
Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* 27+Other+eye+related+slider+settings

Checking up on the eyebrow and eyelash section in CAS (adjust according YOUR own taste !!)
Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* 28+Other+eye+related+slider+settings

Now lets judge before...
Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* 29+Before+edit+3D+eyelashes+and+eye-lash-brow-sliders

and after 3D eyelashes and slider setting edits.
Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* 30+After+edit+3D+eyelashes+and+eye-lash-brow-sliders

I just love these new lashes !! Who would say no to these ?? Razz
=> Please note, I haven't used ANY other sliders and / or makeup in this tutorial on the sim, as the ones shown in the pics.

I hope this helps, have fun !! hand dance

Eva

Okay guys, I have some additions and "recommendations" to this "tutorial" !!
Please read carefully !!

The pics above are WITH the normal EA eyelashes AND they're maxed out as well (!!).
If you want to "remove" the EA lashes, you have to use the mod I mentioned above at the top of the page.
HOWEVER, if you're using the NRaas Master Controller AND the MC Integration mod (up to v1.33) the EA eyelash removal mod WON'T work (!!)
You can still use the NRaas Master Controller but for the EA eyelash removal mod to work, you have to use the S-Club Slider hack instead of the MC Integration mod (if you want to keep on using all the available sliders in CAS) !!
The EA eyelash removal mod, doesn't completely remove the EA eyelashes though, BUT you can 'minimize" them in the hair-eyebrow-eyelash section, by minimizing the slider there, like so:
Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* 01+With+EA+eyelashes+removed

After that you can add the 3D eyelashes in either or both the eyeliner section or the accessory section.
Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* 02+With+EA+eyelashes+removed+and+3D+lashes+added

But you may need to add some EA eyelashes back on, pending the use of the 3D eyelashes (and eye shape) you're gonna use on your simmeh, for covering up the upper eyelid (as the "seam" between the 3D eyelashes and the eyelid might need "something extra"). The result is amazing (like before) !! Love067
Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* 03+With+EA+eyelashes+removed+and+3D+lashes+added+and+adjusted
Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* 04+With+EA+eyelashes+removed+and+3D+lashes+added+and+adjusted

The makeup / eyeliner / eye shape combination on a simmeh, mixed with YOUR personal taste will always remain the most deciding factor though !! Big smile

Eva ;)

Last edited by EvaTer on April 4th 2012, 12:29 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Featured Artist : Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* Badge-1-1
Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED*   Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2012, 8:52 pm

Oh my!! I wasn't going to try these out by now I think I will!! Thanks Eva for an awesome tutorial and how you broke it all down in simple language!!

I like the 'Eyes eyes baby' title!! hiho
Back to top Go down
Shyne
VIP Member
Shyne

Donor/$upporter : Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* Th_banner
Scorpio
Comments : *KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK* Penny.
*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK* Penny.
*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK* Penny.

PostSubject: Re: Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED*   Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2012, 9:46 pm

I love the lashes too, they bring a lot of realism to eyes! :D
Back to top Go down
miss_lochness
VIP Member
miss_lochness

Pisces
Comments : One word...BAZINGA!

PostSubject: Re: Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED*   Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2012, 3:23 am

Eeeeee, tutorial by Eva!!! Thank you my dear!!

However, I can't get the eyelash removal mod to work. It's making me very sad, cause I want to use these damn lashes so badly. Overlapping them onto the EA lashes looks ghastly.

I have deleted the caches twice, restarted twice. I give up shame
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED*   Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2012, 5:31 am

I wonder what happens if you download a sim that has the lashes do they just disappear if you don't have the lash slider?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED*   Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2012, 9:51 am

Thanks for the tutorial ;)
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED*   Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2012, 12:15 pm

Thanks for all the great comments guys !! Love067

@ Miss L, I think I might have found the answer you were looking for in the addition I've just made in this tutorial Smile

@ CeCe, when you download a sim with the 3D lashes, you NEED to have the 3D lashes installed in your game, like any other CC. The looks of the sim might be a bit different though weather the sim was made with or without the EA eyelash removal mod and if YOU have the EA eyelash removal mod in your game or not. It's certainly not a "crucial" difference though (I think) ;)
Back to top Go down
Sleepy-Genius
Graphic Designer
Sleepy-Genius

Donor/$upporter : Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* Th_banner
Pisces
Comments : Sometimes you need help to get out of that cement of shyness. That is why God made jackhammers!! *drills*

PostSubject: Re: Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED*   Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* I_icon_minitimeApril 5th 2012, 7:52 pm

Wow. I see why you are called Evater! LOL. This is a great tutorial!

Last edited by Sleepy-Genius on October 14th 2012, 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED*   Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* I_icon_minitimeApril 6th 2012, 10:31 am

Thanks Sleepy !! Big smile hand dance
Back to top Go down
Sleepy-Genius
Graphic Designer
Sleepy-Genius

Pisces
Comments : Sometimes you need help to get out of that cement of shyness. That is why God made jackhammers!! *drills*

PostSubject: Re: Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED*   Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* I_icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2012, 6:48 am

Eva! Would you please send me all of the mod related to their eyelashes? I can't extract the file; it says that the rar/zip/7z file is unknown...

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED*   Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* I_icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2012, 3:32 pm

I'll send you a PM about this okay ? ;)
Back to top Go down
Sleepy-Genius
Graphic Designer
Sleepy-Genius

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED*   Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* I_icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2012, 3:56 pm

EvaTer wrote:
I'll send you a PM about this okay ? ;)

Thanks you soo much!!!!
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED*   Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* I_icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2012, 4:21 pm

You're welcome !! Smile
Back to top Go down
ice1
ice1

Aquarius
Comments : "If you want your life to be a magnificent story, then begin by realising that you are the author and every day you have the oportunity to write a new page" Mark Houlahan

PostSubject: Re: Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED*   Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* I_icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2012, 7:54 pm

awesome tutorial thankyou I had the eyelashs and the mesh but I didnt realise I needed the sliders also!! Cant wait to try this out Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou hiho
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED*   Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* I_icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2012, 5:15 pm

You're very welcome my dear !! hiho
Yep it would be a real mess if there were no eyelash sliders ! Well at least with my simmehs that is Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED*   Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED* I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eyes, eyes baby xD - 3D eyelashes "tutorial" *UPDATED*

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Creative Corner :: Tutorials-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com