Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

(SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
paradisxx

Taurus

(SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? Vide
PostSubject: (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing?   (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? I_icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2012, 4:15 pm

I don't know if this is the right board.. but anyway:

I've a ''branch'' in my game. I just call it branch because if I put this shirt/preggo annoying thing on a toddler, it looks like a branch. Here is a picture of it with a teen wearing it:
(SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? Huivzb

I already went through my launcher and I deleted the things which I thought were corrupt, but I still have this thing. I know it's wrong, because I should make .sims3packs into .packages and compress them and stuff.. but I already did this so please don't say that. (I'm not trying to be rude Embarassed)

I hope somebody can help me with this because it's kinda annoying..
Back to top Go down
KosmoKhaos
KosmoKhaos

Top Poster : (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? Topposter
Featured Artist : (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? Badge-1-1
Virgo
Comments : ♥️Look into my eyes♥️
♥️Its where my demons hide♥️
♥️It's where my demons hide♥️

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing?   (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? I_icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2012, 4:39 pm

What do you mean by "branch"? Do you mean the shirt keeps popping up when you try and delete it?
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing?   (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? I_icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2012, 5:20 pm

If it's that particular shirt that looks messed up when worn by a toddler you have two options:
(1) Disable the shirt for the toddler age group
(2) Delete the shirt

It's the item itself that is causing the problem. Is that shirt in package form or in sims3pack form?

If it's a package file, you can disable the incorrect age group very easily through S3PE, the same program you use to combine packages. This is done by editing the "CASP" resource through the "Grid" button.
Back to top Go down
paradisxx

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing?   (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? I_icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2012, 5:39 pm

[i] I'm pretty sure it's a .sims3pack.
@Kosmo , I mean, if a toddler wears it, the sim looks like a branch Razz.

I tried to delete it, but I don't know which file it is/name it has, so I can't go to my launcher and then installed content and then uninstall it, because I don't know which one it is. I already looked to my installed content list, and I deleted the downloads that looked weird/strange/corrupt , but I still have this one.
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing?   (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? I_icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2012, 5:50 pm

I'm guessing you cleared out your downloads folder? Because even when items don't have a custom thumbnail, they might still have an icon that can be viewed with TSR Merlin (it will show you an icon for most sims3packs so you can figure out what file you're looking at).
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing?   (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? I_icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2012, 5:52 pm

How many sims3packs do you have installed? Have you managed to narrow it down at all? Sad... I know the file is probably not labeled correctly, but ruling out content can help.
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing?   (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? I_icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2012, 5:53 pm

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/339026.page

Do you have anything installed titled "violet" or "vlt"?

This is the shirt, right:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWUhGc1e2rE

So, it's an older file - from 2010, or older, because that's when the video was uploaded.

*EDIT*:
So, it should be titled "New Cas Project":
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/143776.page

There's a screenshot of the file you need to delete from your launcher.
Back to top Go down
paradisxx

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing?   (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? I_icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2012, 6:00 pm

Well, I'm going to search through my launcher now for that violet thing. I've installed 651 .sims3packs.

Thanks Ameenah, I'm going to search right now, and yes the shirt in the video is the one we are talking about.

Edit: I saw in the link you gave me, to the forum this:

Yes that helps.I found like 5 of the base name of that but i am still having trouble removing them from the area. Working on it. And thank you /bow.

OK found it 0x6cd59455e4d12667fa7eb50bdda87cec.package

It's found in C:\Users\(You)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCBackup

found in Emilie,Gaïa. So far. Thanks again.

------------------------------

If I search in that map, I see a file named: .
0x6cd59455e4d12667fa7eb50bdda87cec.package
That's the file he's talking about, can I delete it from there or must I delete it from the launcher?
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing?   (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? I_icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2012, 6:11 pm

If it's in both places, I think you need to delete both. That shirt seems to have infected so many people's games, it's scary!
Back to top Go down
paradisxx

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing?   (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? I_icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2012, 6:15 pm

I just deleted that file because I still can't find it in my launcher. Going to check now
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing?   (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? I_icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2012, 6:18 pm

*crosses fingers* I really hope you can get rid of that evil thing!
Back to top Go down
paradisxx

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing?   (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? I_icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2012, 6:22 pm

:S.. I deleted it from the folder but I still have it. I guess I need to go through my launcher again.. for the 1000st time.
Back to top Go down
Vanity Sims
Vanity Sims

Top Poster : (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? Topposter
Taurus

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing?   (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? I_icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2012, 6:27 pm

Deleting files in your DCBackup doesn't remove it from your game. You have to look through your launcher & uninstall it.
Back to top Go down
paradisxx

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing?   (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2012, 6:36 am

I seriously looked like 100 times in my launcher but can´t find it. Is there any other way to remove it? And is it possible that my version of that vampire shirt, has a different picture, and is catogorized somewhere else in the launcher? (Like that is has a (as example) jeans as picture and it's catogorized as clothing?)
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing?   (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2012, 8:47 am

That's definitely possible - there could be another version of that shirt floating around. What I would do is pick a premade sim from the bin, an EA sim with no custom content on it. Then, I would select the "problem" shirt in CAS and have your sim wear it. Export the sim as if you were about to share it. Then, take the sims3pack that was generated and copy it onto your desktop. You can now scan this sims3pack with Custard, and you might get the correct name of the problem file. You can also use the Sims3Pack Multi-Installer to convert the sims3pack into a package file. You should get one or two packages extracted - one of the files being the "sim." Open both files in S3PE, and see if you can find info on the CASP resource or hopefully an icon. It seems complicated, but one of these methods might give you a correct name or image to associate with this corrupt file.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Featured Artist : (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? Badge-1-1
Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing?   (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2012, 10:21 am

Awesome advice! I'm going to try this method to get rid of a Ladyfrontbum skin that just won't go away regardless of WHAT I do. I don't download ANYTHING from this creator. I've had some stuff of her's, his and it corrupted my game and made my babies look weird. I just think this creator didn't know how to properly make cc and that's why it was causing people so many problems. In the future, I'd maybe just try and use only cc from creators that you are already familiar with. Or if you see something from a new creator, maybe ask around to see if that creator has had any problems with their stuff.
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing?   (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2012, 11:03 am

Oh wow, Cece, which LFB skin was it? I hope you are able to finally remove it! Eek, that's scary.

I have some of her skins, but they've all been completely repacked with Skinninator and updated for LateNight with adjusted color ramps - I don't have the "original" releases - they cluttered up my skin tone panel and the icons were not identifiable.

Yes, it's always good to be cautious about who/where you download from. I know that when I first started collecting CC, I downloaded a few problem files, so I now scan everything before placing it in game. I check meshes in Milkshape. I am craaazy. X__X

But, it's definitely frustrating fixing the content you already have.

Really hope this gets resolved!
Back to top Go down
paradisxx

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing?   (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2012, 2:53 pm

Ameenah wrote:
That's definitely possible - there could be another version of that shirt floating around. What I would do is pick a premade sim from the bin, an EA sim with no custom content on it. Then, I would select the "problem" shirt in CAS and have your sim wear it. Export the sim as if you were about to share it. Then, take the sims3pack that was generated and copy it onto your desktop. You can now scan this sims3pack with Custard, and you might get the correct name of the problem file. You can also use the Sims3Pack Multi-Installer to convert the sims3pack into a package file. You should get one or two packages extracted - one of the files being the "sim." Open both files in S3PE, and see if you can find info on the CASP resource or hopefully an icon. It seems complicated, but one of these methods might give you a correct name or image to associate with this corrupt file.

The first thing doesn't work, and I did the second one, but one of the files doesn't have a CASP thing, the other has, but when I click on it, this happens: (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? Helloo10

But maybe, that's the sim instead of the shirt. ugh I really hate this :S..
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing?   (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2012, 3:22 pm

You don't have to double click, just select it. Make sure you have display "value" selected as well as "names." It will give you info about what you are looking at. You need to delete files from dc cache and not back-up, but first you need to identify which one it is. Sorry this is so much trouble! In some cases, that shirt seemed to be stuck to a sim or lot, but in many cases, it was just hiding in the cache if it could not be found in the launcher.

Last edited by Ameenah on July 31st 2012, 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing?   (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2012, 3:24 pm

The value that follows "instance" will be what the file is named in the dc cache.
Back to top Go down
paradisxx

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing?   (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2012, 4:40 pm

This is what I got when I open that casp thing:
(SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? Ja10

Do you think that's the file? And for which name do I need to search now? Because I already looked for aftoplayerd or something (that name you see in the picture).. but it isn't in my launcher. Arg I really hate this shirt.. like srsly, who does that? It's so freaking annoying
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing?   (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2012, 5:12 pm

I'm sorry. It seems like this shirt is REALLY difficult to remove, based off of the threads I found when I was searching for some info about the file.

That is definitely the shirt - you can see that it was cloned from a Base Game shirt, so it's listing the Base Game information. You can also see that it's been enabled for all ages and genders, which is why it's causing that branch problem.

It's the CASP ID Number that is in the previous screenshot that you need to look for in your DC Cache.
0x68D89C0A41079BA7

Also, what is the file name of the package that had that CASP information? See if you can find a file with the same name in your DC Cache.

Any files with that number contained in the filename should be deleted.

I would delete anything titled, "New CAS Project" in your launcher. Apparently she shows up as a Sim in the launcher - there is nothing close to resembling that?

Sad...

I wish I could travel to your computer and fix it for you!
Back to top Go down
paradisxx

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing?   (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? I_icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2012, 4:07 am

Well actually there is a way to 'travel' to my computer, it calls teamviewer, that means that you can get on my computer and I can get on yours (from what I've heard but it can be very different)

My DC Cache looks like this: (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? Hoi10 ...
And yes, there is a file in my DC Backup folder with the name of the package with the CASP information.

Well I'm going to look in my game and find out if it's deleted.. wish me luck
Edit: still there, fml.
Back to top Go down
Toblie
VIP Member
Toblie

Aquarius
Comments : Stop making a scene it will never make it to T.V!

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing?   (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? I_icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2012, 7:59 am

http://sims3.crinrict.com/badcc/en/BadCC_Clothing.html

This is a list of corrupt cc

You have to delete it from your launcher then delete the code given, search it on your computer and delete it, then delete your cache files. Then it should be gone.
Back to top Go down
paradisxx

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing?   (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? I_icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2012, 9:23 am

Yeah I know, but the problem is that it isn't in my launcher.. Thanks for your help though
Back to top Go down
Toblie
VIP Member
Toblie

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing?   (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? I_icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2012, 6:44 pm

Yes but it may have come attached to a sim you down loaded recently. That happened to me with a shirt it was attached to a sim and I had to uninstall the whole sim as it didn't show in the launcher. Check Sims in your sim bin and see if one has that ad its outfit.
Back to top Go down
paradisxx

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing?   (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? I_icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2012, 6:49 pm

Yeah I already deleted the sim which I thought wore the shirt..
Back to top Go down
Toblie
VIP Member
Toblie

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing?   (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? I_icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2012, 6:58 pm

well I would check all Sims downloaded recently.
this us why ea needs a delete in-game function.
Back to top Go down
paradisxx

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing?   (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2012, 12:36 pm

I deleted another sim which I thought maybe wore the shirt or something.. but I still have this freaking annoying shirt that accursed my toddlers Sad..... Merp I really hate this.. Could somebody please help me?
Back to top Go down
paradisxx

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing?   (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2012, 2:43 pm

Oh and btw, isn't there a mod where you can delete something in-game ?
Back to top Go down
paradisxx

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing?   (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? I_icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2012, 12:48 pm

I uninstalled all my downloads, and deleted the sims I've downloaded, and re-installed the other downloads, and it's gone YAY omg I'm so happy :D. Thank you guys for the help!
Back to top Go down
katink
katink

Gemini
Comments : A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
--Steve Martin

As a child my family's menu consisted of two choices: take it or leave it.
--Buddy Hackett

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing?   (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? I_icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2012, 1:27 pm

I'm so glad you finally got rid of that awful shirt!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing?   (SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(SOLVED) Does anybody know a way to remove this branch thing?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Welcome :: Tech & Game Support-
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com