Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

make corrupt sim3pack sim work method

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mamx

Top Poster : make corrupt sim3pack sim work method Topposter
Libra
Comments : adult living in canada

make corrupt sim3pack sim work method Vide
PostSubject: make corrupt sim3pack sim work method   make corrupt sim3pack sim work method I_icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2012, 12:59 am

yeah it happens

i download a sim , it wont install for some reason eh
if it a sims3pack of a sim from the exchange
i click on add to the game , not sure why it make a difference but it sure seem to yeah
then later i will use the extract program to extract all the files from it
i put extracted files togehter in it own folder with the sim name on it of course to find it for later
i then of course place that whole sim folder right in the mod , package folder.
i then run cas
find the sim it is in cas
i click on the save sim to bin button
it make a savesim file
that a valid working file i think
i remove the sim package file from the sim named folder . after all ,i dont want 2 of the same sim in my cas . too confusing.
usally later i wiill use the extracted file-using DASHBOARD - THAT IS KEY- to find it duplicate files in the mod package folder to fig out what cc is what. then i copy paste that into the new sim subfolder yeah. i get rid the duplicate extra extracted file then. i keep any i havent a real copy of . once in a while i get the samefile with it name .that get updated of course

i do this with any simmie sim3package now aday.
i check the sim3packge see if it ok or corrupt or whatever.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Featured Artist : make corrupt sim3pack sim work method Badge-1-1
Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: make corrupt sim3pack sim work method   make corrupt sim3pack sim work method I_icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2012, 1:31 am

Wow, a lot of work to do for a simple sim huh? ;)
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

PostSubject: Re: make corrupt sim3pack sim work method   make corrupt sim3pack sim work method I_icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2012, 9:27 am

it is a lot of work yep. it also a way to find out what content was used when in making one own sim. it not like sims2 when u can look at the files and names sigh. but sometime i reallly want a sim really bad hehheeehee.

tip- if u cant find a sim in cas , do check the teen sim section or the adult sim section . sometime they are in that section instead of young adult oopsss

when saving saves , i read that it best to save game as , and not the save game,less glitches for some reason.
Back to top Go down
paradisxx

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: make corrupt sim3pack sim work method   make corrupt sim3pack sim work method I_icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2012, 2:32 pm

I don't really get it... could you maybe do it for me and then like upload it? This is the sim that doesn't work:
http://www.mediafire.com/?b1swpr0zdlooeaa
Thanks. An an explanation is great too..
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

PostSubject: Re: make corrupt sim3pack sim work method   make corrupt sim3pack sim work method I_icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2012, 8:32 pm

oh mmm
ok will try it later yeah

i used a mod to pull out files out of the sim3pack.then i take them files put in the mod package folder .then i go in create a sim into cas ,find layla , save her as sim file , instead of saving using the the share sim button.
for some reason. the launcher dont work or the sim3package is bad, sometime there not even a sim in the sims3pacakage. or there just the the sim and nothing else in there. will put t layla on here later on tonight . i have to get the game going and all then post it here in sims later. so it will take me a while. i dont know if it will work for sure only can try. later then
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

PostSubject: Re: make corrupt sim3pack sim work method   make corrupt sim3pack sim work method I_icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2012, 10:56 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/?q7z8h5oop71b1c7

here your save sims file . put in it your savedsims folder. hope it work for ya

lalya jones sim for paradisxx
Back to top Go down
paradisxx

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: make corrupt sim3pack sim work method   make corrupt sim3pack sim work method I_icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2012, 6:35 pm

Does this works for houses too? sorry for my late reaction but she works LOL!! anyways link to the house:
http://www.mediafire.com/?n9nbsqdi9v2nufd
*credit goes to playingsims from tumblr*
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

PostSubject: Re: make corrupt sim3pack sim work method   make corrupt sim3pack sim work method I_icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2012, 7:44 pm

mm houses maybe
if one uses the packages format and not use the sim3package format mm
i have package format file in my library for the dreamer family house and family . that how someone did uploaded it and it worked too. yes. mmm

only thing i wonder about is if one does that . it maybe not possible to get the house to look the way it supposed to look like ,for example , the patterns used in the house . most patterns are installed ,and that through any kind of sim3package just like houses lots are usally ....so mm must think on this a bit yes
or u can just use the extractor for sim3package and use deply to check for error and use another mod to check the sims3package instead and make a new one keeping out the bad stuff mmmmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

PostSubject: Re: make corrupt sim3pack sim work method   make corrupt sim3pack sim work method I_icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2012, 7:48 pm

mm cleanup sim3package is not showing corrupt or bad at all . it seem to be ok as it is . am i missing something?
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

PostSubject: Re: make corrupt sim3pack sim work method   make corrupt sim3pack sim work method I_icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2012, 7:59 pm

mm dephly say the lot is all red so it must be bad mmmm.
Back to top Go down
ice1
ice1

Aquarius
Comments : "If you want your life to be a magnificent story, then begin by realising that you are the author and every day you have the oportunity to write a new page" Mark Houlahan

PostSubject: Re: make corrupt sim3pack sim work method   make corrupt sim3pack sim work method I_icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2012, 12:46 am

This sounds really good I made a few houses and sims on my old computer that wont install on my new one So I want to give this a try and see if it works for me. Can you tell me what mod you use to extracts the sims3files?
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

PostSubject: Re: make corrupt sim3pack sim work method   make corrupt sim3pack sim work method I_icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2012, 1:05 am

multi sims3pack extractor by delphy

http://www.modthesims.info/d/364038

http://www.simprograms.com/the-sims/the-sims-3/the-sims-3-programs/programs-the-sims-3-package-editors/
http://createveworks.blogspot.ca/2012/03/extracting-simpacks-to-package-files-by.html

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/tutorial-sims3packs-to-packages.html
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

PostSubject: Re: make corrupt sim3pack sim work method   make corrupt sim3pack sim work method I_icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2012, 1:10 am

u find the lot in there and try it , even it corrupted, and then save it so one has a sim3package or whatever and install it again . hopefully that works. the point being that one need to get rid of the corrupt file right.not sure it need to be in library folder or just the mod package folder.
Back to top Go down
ice1
ice1

Aquarius
Comments : "If you want your life to be a magnificent story, then begin by realising that you are the author and every day you have the oportunity to write a new page" Mark Houlahan

PostSubject: Re: make corrupt sim3pack sim work method   make corrupt sim3pack sim work method I_icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2012, 5:35 am

Thanks so much Smile I tried it in the mod folder it didnt work so I will try it again in the library folder this time fingers crossed...
Back to top Go down
ice1
ice1

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: make corrupt sim3pack sim work method   make corrupt sim3pack sim work method I_icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2012, 6:07 am

Yey!! It worked thanks so much your a genius!! hiho
Back to top Go down
paradisxx

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: make corrupt sim3pack sim work method   make corrupt sim3pack sim work method I_icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2012, 8:00 am

Could one of you try to make the house I posted work? (previous post)?
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

PostSubject: 10x10 house lot maybe is playable now    make corrupt sim3pack sim work method I_icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2012, 6:23 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/?wtk4b07zv4em4d3

will post it then. got to go upload it
ok i have extracted the content of the sim3package . i have put the pattern , objects, lot, cc objects that conflicted. and i sorted that and put in their own folder and zipped.so it up to you what to do with them . the pattern are in the pattern sim3pakage though.

the house lot is a package file now. still corrupted.it seem the lot was is the house merged with pocci object at same time, them pocci object were made for the sim patch1.26 version way back when

the object and patterns are in the cc sims3package, you can install that if you want or if you want just install the pattern sims3package only and use just the object package as is .
it seem the house lot package file need to put in the library folder to work.
well that all i can do for now i think

umm then save that house soon as u see in the houses lots bin . that will make a non corrupt house lot one can use and should be able to install that we hope,and move the 10x10 house lot package out of there to some where else , do not delete. test all everything firsty.i could maybe try in game ,but i have a feeling it better your own game is best for installing and saving so it more compatible with your.

Back to top Go down
paradisxx

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: make corrupt sim3pack sim work method   make corrupt sim3pack sim work method I_icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2012, 1:57 pm

OMG thank you so much! You are so so so so so lovely! Do you mind sharing this with playingsims so other simblrs (people on tumblr) can download the working version too? Thank you a million times !
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

PostSubject: Re: make corrupt sim3pack sim work method   make corrupt sim3pack sim work method I_icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2012, 2:51 pm

sure.i having modify anything the sim at all, it all still orginal . i just dont know if it will works for sure. i didnt test it or playtest the sim , and that because everyone computers are different and have different expansion installed. have fun

Last edited by mamx on November 6th 2012, 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
paradisxx

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: make corrupt sim3pack sim work method   make corrupt sim3pack sim work method I_icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2012, 3:34 pm

So I hope you don't mind asking me thiis, could you PLEASE do this one too:

http://www.mediafire.com/?wbyy8ianqv08t7d
*credit goes to dana-kins*

Thank you so much!
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

PostSubject: Re: make corrupt sim3pack sim work method   make corrupt sim3pack sim work method I_icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2012, 3:58 pm

what is it you want me to do though. i have checked that sim out and it seem to be an good working sim3package .did you want it as a package file ?
Back to top Go down
paradisxx

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: make corrupt sim3pack sim work method   make corrupt sim3pack sim work method I_icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2012, 4:09 pm

It doesn't work in my launcher.. maybe it's because the different in patches, but if you could make it a .sim file it would be fine
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

PostSubject: Re: make corrupt sim3pack sim work method   make corrupt sim3pack sim work method I_icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2012, 5:31 pm

ok, i will try that later on then. should have it ready by tomorrow .
Back to top Go down
paradisxx

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: make corrupt sim3pack sim work method   make corrupt sim3pack sim work method I_icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2012, 12:16 pm

.. :p
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

PostSubject: simmie fixey   make corrupt sim3pack sim work method I_icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2012, 9:29 pm

here the sim in save sim file , sims3package file , extracted cc files.
sim is in ADULT SIM SECTION

http://www.mediafire.com/?cujb1g9bci7nq2d
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: make corrupt sim3pack sim work method   make corrupt sim3pack sim work method I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

make corrupt sim3pack sim work method

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Discussions :: Sims General Discussion-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com