Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FREEDOM_55
FREEDOM_55

Cancer

WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone Vide
PostSubject: WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone   WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2012, 4:35 pm

Hey guys
Long time see Sad...
I 've been busy with school. Sleep

Recently I finally finished one on wip sims, Mitchel

WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone 35jxfg4
WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone 2i2r9s

I'm done the facial sculpt but iI want to edit the body part of his skintone.
Ahmed (Lunarc's) created a non-default custom skin tone for his tom cruise sim I am using his skin for for my latest sim. I want to edit this skin before I upload him.

The problem with the skin-tone is that " [he] matched the skin to the face " and some how by doing that the body has no detail or transparency what so ever. It's just a big solid block of color and it can't show the muscle definition slider. I really want to use the face but I want to give the body detail or at less make it compatible the muscle slider.

Lunarc told me "If i separated the skin to just the face the skin mask won't match the skin tone of the game or any other skin tone you will use .also If i converted the skin to only a mask in make-up category won't appear natural ". Which I am aware of already and I would like to avoid converting the face part of the skin to a face mask.

How I want to edit it:
Ideally I want to blend the details of Tummyza's hair body skin skin (or another creator's skin tone) to the Tom Cruise skin tone that has no detail at all. So keep the face and attach it to another body to match it.

If I can't I want to keep the head and attach to the sims 3 body. Or atleast make it compatible with the muscle slider.

So is this possible? If so can someone show me how to do this?
I already imported the skin tone into gimp , after exporting t from sp3e then realized my skills using gimp were lacking and I haven't used photoshop for years. So this is also like a indirect request for someone to possibly do it for me ..kinda? I mean if its not too complicated or is even possible to do what I suggested?

Either way I need help pretty please :doh:*new*

Last edited by FREEDOM_55 on November 11th 2012, 5:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Top Poster : WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone Topposter
Featured Artist : WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone Badge-1-1
Tech Support : WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone Os51eg
Leo

PostSubject: Re: WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone   WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2012, 5:03 pm

OMG OHH WOW !! He's great looking ! Love067
I absolutely love what you've done with his facial features and how you sculpted his face ! So realistic and so much character !! Amazing !! Happy 02
I would download him right now, if he was available for download ! dancing Big smile

It's great to see you back on here again, by the way Freedom !! happydance
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra
Comments : adult living in canada

PostSubject: Re: WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone   WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2012, 6:05 pm

oh wow , a making skintone ohhhhhhh. some do make just the face only . it seem odd that how it done. maybe tthat skin tone need more color ramp or something mm.i have not a clue. but hats off to you for doing it if you can mmmmmm
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone   WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2012, 7:28 pm

There are two ways to go about it - you can edit the tone of the Tom Cruise face skin to match TummyZa's body skin, OR you can edit the tone of the body skin to match the face skin. Then you have to simply package up your newly edited texture files in Skinninator, and save the creation as a non-default skin.

TummyZa's skin matches the EA default tone whereas the Tom Cruise skin has a slightly darker, more yellow, less-saturated tone.

If you edit the Tom Cruise face to match the EA default tone, you won't have to include a body.

I'm guessing you don't want the new skin to replace the original Tom Cruise skin?

If you do want to replace the Tom Cruise skin (the downloader can only have one version - your edited skin, or the original skin), open the file in Skinninator by using the "extractinator" function. Don't edit the filename, but replace the .dds files that you need to, and then re-save with your changes. Simply by resaving the file the muscle definition bug should be corrected.
Back to top Go down
navetsea
navetsea

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone   WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2012, 7:37 pm

great looking sim, I don't quite understand your description about that face skin there... what is it really, an overlay or a real texture?
Back to top Go down
navetsea
navetsea

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone   WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2012, 7:42 pm

if you have photoshop there is a tool "match color" to quickly change a color scheme of one picture based on the color tone used in another (I don't know if Gimp has an equivalent tool for this), works well for skins, but if somehow you can strenghten the face lines, eyebag, etc, and transform them into a semi transparent facemask, that would be the best, so you have freedom to pick whatever skin underneath
Back to top Go down
FREEDOM_55
FREEDOM_55

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone   WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2012, 8:51 pm

Ok this might get confusing , so let be as clear as possible :p

Ameenah wrote:
... OR you can edit the tone of the body skin to match the face skin

1.the tone of the body is already matches the face skin. It completely lacks any detail what so ever. Lunarc just left the entire body on block of color to match the tone of the face. It doesn't even have the base skin details.

Ameenah wrote:
If you edit the Tom Cruise face to match the EA default tone, you won't have to include a body.
2. I am willing to edit the face just match the EA default tone . Which then I could just use as a face, right? is it easy just package the face alone in skinninator?

Ameenah wrote:
If you do want to replace the Tom Cruise skin (the downloader can only have one version - your edited skin, or the original skin), open the file in Skinninator by using the "extractinator" function. Don't edit the filename, but replace the .dds files that you need to, and then re-save with your changes. Simply by resaving the file the muscle definition bug should be corrected.
3.Say I just want the muscle definition to just show. what .dds files do I replace, if the body is left unedited. Do i have to edit it?

Thanks so much for your help Smile

Last edited by FREEDOM_55 on November 11th 2012, 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FREEDOM_55
FREEDOM_55

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone   WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2012, 9:07 pm

navetsea wrote:
looking sim, I don't quite understand your description about that face skin there... what is it really, an overlay or a real texture?
It's an actual face skin texture. A problem is the EA muscle Slider overlay is not showing up on this skin tone.

navetsea wrote:
if you have photoshop there is a tool "match color" to quickly change a color scheme of one picture based on the color tone used in another (I don't know if Gimp has an equivalent tool for this), works well for skins, but if somehow you can strenghten the face lines, eyebag, etc, and transform them into a semi transparent facemask, that would be the best, so you have freedom to pick whatever skin underneath

1.Do you think the face texture as face mask will look the same?:/ dunno,the orginal creator of the skin said it wouldn't b/c it would look "unnatural".However I value your opinion as a skin creator, so should I convert to a face mask anyways?

2.The lines and eyebags are from the facial sculpt I gave the sim and not the skin itself. The only face skin details is the tone of the skin, mustache, and nostrils . I semi transparent face mask seems like a good idea,I will have to look up on how to do that. And I'll see if gimp has a match color option. Thank-you for your helpIi really appreciate it ;)
Back to top Go down
FREEDOM_55
FREEDOM_55

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone   WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2012, 9:12 pm

thanks to mamx and Eva for your support and encouragement hiho
Back to top Go down
katink
katink

Gemini
Comments : A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
--Steve Martin

As a child my family's menu consisted of two choices: take it or leave it.
--Buddy Hackett

PostSubject: Re: WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone   WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2012, 9:43 pm

Incredible looking sim! Such strong features and so full of character. I would seriously love to have this sim in my game! Love067
Back to top Go down
navetsea
navetsea

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone   WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2012, 10:48 pm

freedom 55, if you can't find similar color match option in GIMP, just send me both texture you like to use for the body and face, I'll quick fix that for you ;)
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone   WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2012, 11:25 pm

Eep, sorry, when I meant editing the tone of the body to match the face skin - I meant editing the tone of TummyZa's body skin to match the color of the Tom Cruise face skin. If you used TummyZa's body file as is, without adjusting the color, there would be a seam on the neck because it's a different tone. I checked out the body of the Tom Cruise skin - and I see what you mean. It's got no detail - is almost entirely a flat color.

And yes, you can edit just the color of the TomCruise face. You would package the skin as normal, but you wouldn't have to upload a body skin.

If you just want to fix the muscle definition problem, you shouldn't have to replace any files, but just loading the skin up in Skinninator and re-saving, it *should* correct the problem. I'm wondering if Lunarc packaged their original skin with an old version of Skinninator, which is why it had the issue in the first place. Hmmm.
Back to top Go down
FREEDOM_55
FREEDOM_55

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone   WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone I_icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2012, 5:38 pm

So I'm going to take up Navetsea's generous offer.(thank-you thump )
I decided I want to match the tone of the tummyza's body skin to the tom cruise face skin.
I realized if I just edit the tomcrusie skin to match the default ramp, that that would be more versatile but I might not like the results.

Ameenah wrote:
... I'm wondering if Lunarc packaged their original skin with an old version of Skinninator, which is why it had the issue in the first place. Hmmm.
^ this is what I was thinking but he made it sound like it was a problem with the color ramp and texture, why the muscle definition overlay is not showing.
In the mean time, I'm going to try your that muscle definition overlay solution you suggested, seems simple enough:P

Katnik- aww thx Love067 Hopefully I can upload him soon
Back to top Go down
FREEDOM_55
FREEDOM_55

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone   WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone I_icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2012, 5:17 am

Some of you are probably wondering what is happening to him?

Navetsea generously helped me with the skin, it just my launcher cannot update from 1.39 to 1.42 Sad... I want to try everything before I re-install b/c I might lose saved games.

I even have another lovely female to upload but I don't want to post b/c it seems like I'm just teasing everyone by this point

Sorry for the wait guys Sad...
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Tech Support : WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone Os51eg
Leo

PostSubject: Re: WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone   WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone I_icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2012, 4:37 pm

If you don't like to loose any stuff, just copy the following folders from your "My Documents/ Electronic Arts/The Sims/" location to your Desktop and move them back after your uninstall / reinstall and all your saves should be there again !

Folder names:
* DCBackup
* DCCache
* InstalledWorlds
* Library
* Mods (Mods/Packages)
* SavedSims
* Saves

Or even * Screenshots * Thumbnails * WorldCaches

This should contain all the important data you saved before and can be put back after a uninstall / reinstall without a problem Smile
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone   WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone I_icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2012, 1:54 am

I LOVE the way his face is so sculpted!! Def my kind of style, I love a strong jaw!! I hope you were able to get this worked out...Nav is a doll for assisting you with his skills!! Please keep us posted and if you have to do a uninstall/reinstall do use Eva's suggestion...I did that with my last un/reinstall and it worked beautifully!! Hope you get this gawgus man up soon!! I bet he will make some seriously fine babies!! Love067
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone   WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WIP new sim, Mitchel, need help with the skin tone

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Discussions :: Feedback & Critique Section-
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com