Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

WIP simmie

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
katink
katink

Top Poster : WIP simmie Topposter
Gemini
Comments : A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
--Steve Martin

As a child my family's menu consisted of two choices: take it or leave it.
--Buddy Hackett

WIP simmie Vide
PostSubject: WIP simmie   WIP simmie I_icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2012, 5:15 am

Seriously need help with this one, because it's so far out of my comfort zone as far as sim creating is concerned. I'm trying for a candy cane elf. I've never made an elf sim and I'm really not a fan of candy canes...well, not the peppermint ones. Does she look ok or is there something that I'm missing?

WIP simmie Screenshot-10-5
WIP simmie Screenshot-5-4
Back to top Go down
navetsea
navetsea

Scorpio

WIP simmie Vide
PostSubject: Re: WIP simmie   WIP simmie I_icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2012, 8:22 am

I think she looks great, before you mention candy cane, I already got that impression from her hair, and her face is obviously elf-ish, young, naughty one
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Featured Artist : WIP simmie Badge-1-1
Tech Support : WIP simmie Os51eg
Leo

WIP simmie Vide
PostSubject: Re: WIP simmie   WIP simmie I_icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2012, 5:24 pm

I think you're doing great Kat !! She looks lovely so far !! hiho Love067
She sure has an elvish "look and feel" me thinks ! ❤
Back to top Go down
katink
katink

Gemini
--Steve Martin

--Buddy Hackett

WIP simmie Vide
PostSubject: Re: WIP simmie   WIP simmie I_icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2012, 8:16 pm

Thanks Eva and Nav!! Big smile Only one question, though. I have searched all day and half of last night for Christmas elf clothing, but the only thing that I could find was the caroler dress from the store. Does anyone have any idea of where I might find some elf-like clothing? I hate posting wcif's, but I'm really stumped. Any help would really be appreciated. I did find a cute santa hat, but it was for males only.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

WIP simmie Vide
PostSubject: Re: WIP simmie   WIP simmie I_icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2012, 10:14 pm

I think you are doing a fab job Kat!! You have ventured further into sim making than me! I can only imagine the horror of a sim I'd make if I tried to do something like this!

Try doing a search on Google or go to Mysims3blog site and do a search using his search bar. I'm sure you will come across something because I am sure I've seen elf'ish costumes being used! Also, maybe do a search on modthesims3...I'm sure within one of these sites you will find what you need! I will keep my eyeballs peeled and let you know if I come across anything! Shocked
Back to top Go down
katink
katink

Gemini
--Steve Martin

--Buddy Hackett

WIP simmie Vide
PostSubject: Re: WIP simmie   WIP simmie I_icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2012, 11:36 pm

cecesaun1 wrote:
I think you are doing a fab job Kat!! You have ventured further into sim making than me! I can only imagine the horror of a sim I'd make if I tried to do something like this!

Try doing a search on Google or go to Mysims3blog site and do a search using his search bar. I'm sure you will come across something because I am sure I've seen elf'ish costumes being used! Also, maybe do a search on modthesims3...I'm sure within one of these sites you will find what you need! I will keep my eyeballs peeled and let you know if I come across anything! Shocked

This is the most time I've spent on a sim in a while and I'm also trying to give Lainey a makeover while I'm at it. Smile I tried google, but all I found was the store dress. I didn't try MS3B, so there's an idea. I saw a cute elf outfit while searching on google and realized after clicking on it that the outfit was for Second Life. Sad...
Thank you for the compliment, dear. I'm going to finish her somehow....I keep repeating this to myself, so I don't give up. Big smile
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

WIP simmie Vide
PostSubject: Re: WIP simmie   WIP simmie I_icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2012, 4:23 pm

If you have Supernatural installed, maybe some EA clothing from that EP can be made "elven" like. If you have a look at my pic here, I think if you change the colors and maybe add some pattern this could be elvish. I hope this helps a bit ;)
Back to top Go down
katink
katink

Gemini
--Steve Martin

--Buddy Hackett

WIP simmie Vide
PostSubject: Re: WIP simmie   WIP simmie I_icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2012, 5:59 pm

I was wondering where you got that outfit, but sadly, I don't have Supernatural. I'll keep an eye out for something similar to the design online. I think simstore on tumblr has the faire clothing pack. Maybe they have something in there that's elfish. Thank you for the idea though, Eva. Big smile
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

WIP simmie Vide
PostSubject: Re: WIP simmie   WIP simmie I_icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2012, 4:28 pm

Maybe they have something on Tumblr, some creators convert EA EP (or SP) clothing for the base game, so you can have clothing without owning the EP or SP. I saw Katie Perry clothing and Supernatural too. Have a look here for instance Smile
Back to top Go down
katink
katink

Gemini
--Steve Martin

--Buddy Hackett

WIP simmie Vide
PostSubject: Re: WIP simmie   WIP simmie I_icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2012, 6:36 pm

I'll keep an eye out on tumblr. Thanks, Eva! hiho
Back to top Go down
katink
katink

Gemini
--Steve Martin

--Buddy Hackett

WIP simmie Vide
PostSubject: Re: WIP simmie   WIP simmie I_icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2012, 9:48 pm

Ok...I downloaded the Faire Folk clothes from simmerstore on tumblr and I think I know what I'm going to put on her. Going into game to check out the clothes and will post some pictures, hopefully in game. Big smile
Back to top Go down
katink
katink

Gemini
--Steve Martin

--Buddy Hackett

WIP simmie Vide
PostSubject: Re: WIP simmie   WIP simmie I_icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2012, 11:36 pm

WIP simmie Screenshot-57_zpsf15f1718
WIP simmie Screenshot-2-5_zpse7b1a0f7
WIP simmie Screenshot-3-5_zps115dadd5
WIP simmie Screenshot-5-5_zps426373fb

Found a couple of possibilities. What do you guys think or should I just keep looking. Do the tights look ok? I was going to add striped tights, but didn't want them to clash with the dress.
Back to top Go down
gajdowski98
gajdowski98

Aquarius
Comments : I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

WIP simmie Vide
PostSubject: Re: WIP simmie   WIP simmie I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2012, 12:42 am

In my opinion, that looks great but the decision comes down to which dress...I think you should go with number 1.
Back to top Go down
katink
katink

Gemini
--Steve Martin

--Buddy Hackett

WIP simmie Vide
PostSubject: Re: WIP simmie   WIP simmie I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2012, 1:17 am

WIP simmie Screenshot-13_zps2ff5022e
WIP simmie Screenshot-20_zps9bf711ed
WIP simmie Screenshot-23_zpsd6aef213
WIP simmie Screenshot-27_zps92deb409

A few more pictures of my wip elf sim.
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra
Comments : adult living in canada

WIP simmie Vide
PostSubject: Re: WIP simmie   WIP simmie I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2012, 2:33 am

lovely looking sim .really nice .so fun!
Back to top Go down
katink
katink

Gemini
--Steve Martin

--Buddy Hackett

WIP simmie Vide
PostSubject: Re: WIP simmie   WIP simmie I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2012, 2:49 am

Thank you, dear. Big smile She is completely different from what I'm used to doing.
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

WIP simmie Vide
PostSubject: Re: WIP simmie   WIP simmie I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2012, 2:53 am

i love that she a fantasy kind of a sim , she a beauty .one can use her in moonlight falls!
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

WIP simmie Vide
PostSubject: Re: WIP simmie   WIP simmie I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2012, 2:33 pm

I think she looks lovely with the (red) dress and the shoes ! I'm glad you were able to also find some suitable clothes for her on Tumblr ! hiho hand dance
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

WIP simmie Vide
PostSubject: Re: WIP simmie   WIP simmie I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2012, 9:41 pm

I think since she is a 'candy cane' type creation that maybe her tights should be striped like the dress also. Just my op. Either way, she looks beautiful!
Back to top Go down
katink
katink

Gemini
--Steve Martin

--Buddy Hackett

WIP simmie Vide
PostSubject: Re: WIP simmie   WIP simmie I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2012, 10:01 pm

That's what I was thinking too, Cece. I'll take a few more test shots with her in striped tights and we'll see how that looks. Thanks for the feedback everyone. I really do appreciate it. Big smile
Back to top Go down
katink
katink

Gemini
--Steve Martin

--Buddy Hackett

WIP simmie Vide
PostSubject: Re: WIP simmie   WIP simmie I_icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2012, 1:10 am

WIP simmie Screenshot-30_zps1d7d120d
WIP simmie Screenshot-31_zpsef098c28
WIP simmie Screenshot-32_zps186bcf27

Added striped tights and changed her boots up a little. I was going to give her green striped tights, but kept it red, because she's a candy cane elf. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

WIP simmie Vide
PostSubject: Re: WIP simmie   WIP simmie I_icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2012, 1:42 am

it all so cute. i of course like glitter.i will put glitter on her if could hehee. cas let you make anything red really and if you use ea maxis patterns u can change any part of the part to what you want usally. there are more channals on them than what people posted. that is called castables patterns.meaning it has more channels. some do though. not a whole lot.mm candly elf is sweet.

such styling on her shoes good job!
Back to top Go down
katink
katink

Gemini
--Steve Martin

--Buddy Hackett

WIP simmie Vide
PostSubject: Re: WIP simmie   WIP simmie I_icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2012, 2:23 am

I was actually looking for some kind of hair accessory that would work with her style. Maybe either a candy cane or poinsettia. Glitter would actually make her look even better, I think. Good suggestion, mamx. hiho
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

WIP simmie Vide
PostSubject: Re: WIP simmie   WIP simmie I_icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2012, 6:42 pm

horray ,glitter is a good thing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WIP simmie Vide
PostSubject: Re: WIP simmie   WIP simmie I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WIP simmie

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Discussions :: Feedback & Critique Section-
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com