Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ameenah
VIP Member

Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 Vide
PostSubject: Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0   Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 10th 2013, 4:22 pm

Haven't tried this out in game yet, but Orange just uploaded the skin they've been working on:
http://orange-sim.blogspot.com/2013/01/non-default-skintone-ver-40-creamy.html

Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 Screen14

It uses all higher-res textures for both face and body (2048x2048) - so it will probably be nice for picture taking.
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Top Poster : Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 Topposter
Featured Artist : Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 Badge-1-1
Tech Support : Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 Os51eg
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0   Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 10th 2013, 4:36 pm

Thanks Ameenah !! This looks like a great skin and HiDef too!! Awesomes!! hiho Love067 dancing
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0   Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 10th 2013, 7:07 pm

No problem, Eva!

:D I like the body detailing on this skin, I think it's unique - I wonder how dark it gets in game, as it's always best to tell by opening up the skin in-game versus just checking out the shots. I always end up manipulating the ramps for my own, use, though (sometimes certain skins just come with way too many!).
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0   Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 10th 2013, 10:59 pm

Thanks Ameenah...I will def try this out in game although past skins by Orange I've not had real luck with. It seems the darker you make it, it tends to look a dark ashy color. Still want to try it though!! Big smile
Back to top Go down
SellaSu
BANNED
BANNED

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0   Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2013, 11:30 am

It looks beautiful on pale light sims but does not go with darker ones Sad...

Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 AEABABIECORALOK_zpsa8e70957

i made a toddler with the skin ;)
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0   Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2013, 12:21 pm

Aww! You make the cutest toddlers! :D :D :D

If I end up using the skin, I will probably just edit the color ramp so that it can be made darker. I do that with almost all of my skins anyway, hehe. :p
Back to top Go down
SellaSu
BANNED
BANNED

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0   Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2013, 3:38 pm

Ameenah wrote:
Aww! You make the cutest toddlers! :D :D :D

If I end up using the skin, I will probably just edit the color ramp so that it can be made darker. I do that with almost all of my skins anyway, hehe. :p

Love067 Love067 Love067 Thankyou and i think the skin could look realy nice if it would go more dark !!!!!
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra
Comments : adult living in canada

PostSubject: Re: Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0   Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2013, 6:10 pm

bit confused what the color ramp is . i just move the slider back and forht. but i seem to remember someone saying that there some numbers showing up, now how do i do that ?
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0   Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2013, 6:57 pm

The numbers that show up in sliders in CAS are a function of either Master Controller or S-Club's Slider hack - this applies to the face body sliders, but there are no numbers on the skintone ramp in the game.

The color ramp is a .dds (texture) file that is part of the skintone package. If you open up a skintone in Cmar's Skininator you can change the color ramp. (When you load a skintone in game, it overlays the color ramp onto the face/body texture - and you adjust it according to where you want the color to be.) So in order to change the ramp, or add an additional ramp, you have to actually edit the package file. You can't edit it in-game.

Some skintones are packed with EAs default color ramps, and many are also packed with custom color ramps. Sometimes the custom ramps are awesome and perfectly suited to the skintone - I haven't touched any of Navetsea's ramps. But sometimes skintones come with weird color ramps or too many color ramps - I never use the rainbow ones, for instance. If that's the case, I generally replace the color ramp with a multi-tonal one, or a default ramp if it's appropriate. I have 27 non-default skins in my game, so I try not to have more than one "color dot" per skintone or my skintone panel just gets too crowded for my liking.

Phew, I am bad at explaining things, sorry if that was long-winded! :p

Last edited by Ameenah on January 12th 2013, 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

PostSubject: Re: Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0   Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2013, 7:00 pm

ah sothat what it is . i have more than 27 skintones i pretty much collect them all yeah,bad badbad huh
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0   Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2013, 7:01 pm

Hahah, yeah, I have 27 nooww after deleting a million! Before....I don't even want to know.
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

PostSubject: Re: Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0   Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2013, 7:05 pm

hehe
i kept all navet and epherma skintones so far and any skintones that my favorite sim creators uses i keep them too.
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0   Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2013, 7:11 pm

Ahh, yeah, there are so many awesome ones, it's really hard to just settle on a few! Having non-default options really adds to the diversity in appearance, whenever I try to remove one - I try switching that sim to another skin, but it changes the way they look too much, and then I can't delete it and then I find a new skintone I love and my folder grows in size. -___- I edited the thumbnails so each one shows up a different color, though, so it's easy to pick them out of the skintone panel. (made some of them green, purple, blue, etc.) I pretend that this makes up for having so many.
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

PostSubject: Re: Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0   Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2013, 7:15 pm

i htought klavick default did wonders for all sims in the worlds i was playing, then navetsea sexy v2 hairy skintone default came out and now im using that one. i need to play more to see if i like that one more than other navetsea skins hehe. i like my male sim to look more manly and the gals sim to look beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0   Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2013, 7:20 pm

I love how smooth the Klavix skins are - I have two, and I can't decide between them because one has an "asian" eyelid and a different nose area, so I've declared them both essential.

Yeah! You're totally right, Navetsea's skins have such awesome details and are great for making males look manlier and less doll-like. I also still have Navetsea's BAS Freckled because I like the eyelids on it so much. And then I have 7 of Buffy's skins, so I'm trying to part with one of them to save space, but I can't. -___- Man, oh man.
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

PostSubject: Re: Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0   Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2013, 8:11 pm

mm buffy skintone ihave them all too! eyelid for asians oh yeah that important , nose too? oh which one
i dont make sims really.i seem to have trouble making faces due to skintones wont let me is that right?
buffy skintone mmmmmmmmmmmmmm u should keep all
keep for males or keep for gals sims mm
i do like the smoothiness of buffy and klavix it so diff.
i love navetsea on the men skintone yeah
the tanned effect is great
have you ever merged your package files.
if you merge all the b uffy skintones into one package mmm.
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0   Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2013, 8:41 pm

Hahah, you are totally right! Yeah, each skin has things about it that just make it worth keeping! I have a lot of Asian sims, so I have several skins/versions of skins that are just for them.

I've seen you post makeovers a few times and I liked what you did with those sims. <3

Oh yeah, all my packages are merged! Oh man, I could not play without them being merged. Thankfully that was something I started doing right when I started playing Sims 3 ( I started late, in mid 2011) so I got into the habit of doing it. Smile

I have 930 (after I did a looooot of deleting - I deleted hundreds of things) packages of CAS stuff (I have my EA store clothes/hair in package format too despite having bought quite a lot of it because I don't like the launcher, so those are included in the 920) - I have more packages in my Mods, Tweaks folders, but I'm not counting those. But I have all my stuff combined into 15 packages total. I could go less than 15, but when I remerge if I've deleted or added CC, it's easier to manage. Smile My game runs well now that I have a new computer, but I'm just always trying to keep stuff "tidy."
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

PostSubject: Re: Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0   Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2013, 9:21 pm

oh that sound so nice, i havent merged stuff in age
it take 15 or more to get game started
i have ton of stuff
so not funny
not sure howi will weed it
have so many sims i downloaded
so i keep the stuff for htem
hair and makup and skintone , beard,eyerbrow ,eye i keep
clothes can be gone i supposed.it a bad habit it what it is yes.
oh like how katink make her sims the most i think for sim females. ultra pretty
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

PostSubject: Re: Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0   Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2013, 9:24 pm

i have like more than 4 gig of content and more more than that uhoh i dont dare say
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0   Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2013, 10:29 pm

I need to try a hairy skin tone!! I've just begun to use the hairs supplied by the game and I kind of like it, but I think using a hairy skin tone would work a bit more nicely and more natural.

OT: Orange skin does NOT work for me. It just doesn't work well with darker tones. This is the second Orange skin I've tried so I think I'm pretty sure I'm done trying that creator's skin out. It's beautiful however on lighter skin tones! hiho

I wish I could make skins, I have so many ideas but just don't know how to use them. Sad...
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

PostSubject: Re: Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0   Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2013, 10:54 pm

navetsea has a hairy skintone, there version 1 and version 2. why not try that
and tummyza famous hairy skintones are good too
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0   Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2013, 10:58 pm

I will check both of those out...thank you mamx!!
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

PostSubject: Re: Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0   Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2013, 11:13 pm

tummyza skins over at mod the sim s and garden of shadows. pick the newest skin from tummyza . good luck . mm
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0   Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2013, 10:19 pm

Thanks mamx!! Will trot right over there now before I boot up my game! hiho
Back to top Go down
Vanity Sims
Vanity Sims

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0   Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2013, 10:43 pm

I was wondering why the file was so HUGE (like 50.0 MB). I compressed it & it was around 25 MB, but it's really worth it because the textures are amazing. I wouldn't have downloaded it if it weren't for Vero's new sim. I'm happy I did because I really like it Smile
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0   Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2013, 3:46 pm

Just tested this out in-game, finally.

I have to say, the skin is absolutely beautiful - if you take a look at the texture file, the painting is pretty exquisite - Orange is a really talented artist.

That being said, I agree about the ramp being limited, and I found the skin way way way too gray at the beginning of the slider. The texture itself is painted in those tones, rather than just being symptomatic of the color ramp. Especially if it's more suited towards light-skinned sims, I feel like the tone is off, so I edited it to be more pinkish but still keep the desaturated look. The file size isn't worth it for me, so I decreased the texture size to 1024 (Navetsea's skins are so detailed and he still uses the standard size) - even the scalp, which is a solid color, was saved as a 2048x2048 DXT5 DDS, which is kind of wasteful. After compressing those few files, I knocked the filesize down to 5MB, before being compressorized.

Also, there's a mistake with the skin. This skin includes a "baby" texture - but it uses the toddler texture. The baby texture for sims is a complete texture that's supposed to include that horrendous blanket, the face, and the eyes. So if you use this skin, I suggest deleting the "bubodydark.dds" file in S3PE, or any babies born with it will be odd looking and a solid beige color (the blanket and skin will be the same color) and they will have no face or eyes.

I'm editing it for personal use because I love the skin so much - the features are painted in a very unique way, especially the shape of the nose/nostrils and the lip texture. It looks significantly different from other smooth skins from Ephemera or LemonLeaf, so I think it's worth it to keep.

I'm testing it out in game as I type this with a couple of different ramps to see how darker skintones will look. Smile
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0   Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2013, 5:05 pm

I like the skin as well, I had a quick look in game for the skin. I like the features on the skin and the texture of the skin. It looks great (in my game) with the HiDef!! hiho Love067
But I don't really like the darker setting of the skin tone, it's not "natural" looking, nor the real light settings, so it's best around the "halfway setting" and a bit below.
I do think it's nice skin though and worth having in my game, but like with the S-Club skins they're all a bit "limited" in use so to speak, as you can only use it for the lighter skins.
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0   Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2013, 5:26 pm

Yes, Eva, that's a good point Smile, the original color tone does remind me a lot of LL/Watermelon/S-Club skin.

I apologize, because I organize my CC on my laptop that I use for browsing the web, so I took some low-quality CAS shots. I'm going to test out the altered ramp/base tone in game on my regular PC later - but I just wanted to see what this skin would look like darker.

I've switched out the ramp to AmberIndia's Ambrosia, and I think I will keep it this way for personal use. It gets just as light as the original, but it also gets much darker now. Some details are lost on the darkest end, but that's true of just about every skin in existence because of the way Sims renders. My "test" set-up (I trial CC here before putting it into my actual saves) has pretty much zero CC and no sliders installed, so this sim is a bobble head (haha), but here's what it looks like darker in CAS:
Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 Orange10
Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 Orange11

I didn't take a screenshot of the lightest end of the ramp, because it is the same, just less gray.

This is about as dark as it gets:
Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 Orange12
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0   Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2013, 5:57 pm

Well I tested the skin some more in game. It looks really greyish and "unnatural" in CAS, that's why I didn't even bother to test the darker tones in game (at first), but the skin doesn't look too bad at all in game. Having tested the full range I would say it even isn't a dark skin at all (in game).

Setting at the lightest 0%
Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 Screen16

about 25%
Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 Screen17

about 50%
Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 Screen18

about 75%
Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 Screen19

And at the darkest 100%
Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 Screen21

By the way the sim, is my "starting sim" with all sliders set to nil and no CC (besides the skin of course Razz).

Last edited by EvaTer on January 14th 2013, 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0   Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2013, 6:13 pm

Thanks Eva! It's helpful to see all the gradations of the original tone in game - you're right, a lot of the CAS grayness disappears. I sometimes forget how odd CAS can look sometimes. Your starter sim looks lovely in game with the skin. ;D I actually like the 100% darkness in game, even though in CAS it looks a bit odd.

I'm pretty happy with the altered ramp, though, because I think the texture looks quite nice when it's darker, I'll post some in-game pics later on. Gotta go make bread for tomorrow morning before I fire up the computer though.
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Leo

PostSubject: Re: Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0   Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2013, 6:26 pm

You're welcome Ameenah! Smile
Yeah the skin looks so much better in game, as compared to CAS. And the darkest tone (100%) doesn't look to bad indeed, but it's still a little light (or not very dark, LOL).
I think the altered ramp you're using is better when you want to create sims with a darker or dark skin. I would love to see some more in game pics of the skin with the altered ramp!! hand dance
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0   Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orange-Sim Creamy Skintone Ver 4.0

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Custom Content :: Index Of Custom Content :: Accessories/skin/eyes/makeup/tattoo's/etc-
Create a forum | Video games | Simulation | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com