Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CuriousKitty
CuriousKitty

Gemini

My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED Vide
PostSubject: My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED   My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED I_icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2013, 7:12 am

I recently got back into the game after having to reformat my harddrives and decided to start a new legacy. This is the girl I created using BleedingRoses's Marjorie as a base. DO NOTE: I asked permission before posting this sim!

Her name is Cassieopea Hart and she is married to Chase Hart, a journalist for the local newspaper. They have one daughter so far, Vanessa Hart, and 3 dogs: Duke, Joy, and Trixie.

She works as a Teacher's Aide and lives in Moonlight Falls but is originally from Starlight Shores.

She is just a normal human being but her husband is on the path to becoming a vampire and she will most likely become one as well to live with him forever.

She met Chase in Moonlight Falls at the Summer Festival and the attraction was instant. They had Vanessa out of wedlock but were married shortly after the little girl's birth.

My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED NewHeadshot_zps74933df8

My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED NewFullBody_zps5a3ef496

My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED Formalwear_zps2b292481

My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED Sleepwear_zps655b2e4f

My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED Swimwear_zpsb350a634

I'm not sure why her skintone looks lighter in that last pic.

Only four of her outfits because I'm still collecting cooler items for the other two! [=

As for custom content I really don't know any of it off the top of my head. I'll do my best to collect it as I sift through my links, lol.

Custom Content:
Hairstyle - by Anubis Here
Skin - by S Club PriveeHere
Eye Contact - by PralineSims Here
Everyday - by Anubis Here
Shoes - Sims 3 Late Night
Necklace - by Anubis Here
Bracelet - Sims 3 Original
Earrings - by LorandiaSims Here
Ring - Sims 3 Original
Formalwear - Sims 3 Late Night
Shoes - Sims 3 Late Night
Earrings - Sims 3 Showtime
Necklace - Sims 3 Showtime
Bracelet - by LorandiaSims Here
Sleepwaer - by ICIA DESIGNS Here
Swimwear - Sims 3 Late Night
Blush - Unknown
Eyeshadow - Unknown
Eyeliner - Unknown
Lipstick - Unkown
Nail Polish - Unknown

**any cc listed or not listed I do NOT claim ownership of**

Sliders Used:
Breast Sliders by Delphy
CAS Sliders by Jonha
CAS Sliders by bella3lek4
There are some other sliders but I seemed to have lost the links!

I guess my question to you guys is, HOW do you keep your CC straight? I tend to have A LOT of it, especially make-up, hair, and clothes!

And please, give me any critiques or advice. I'll try and post screenshots of her other outfits later today. It's six am here and I should be getting to bed!

Last edited by CuriousKitty on January 27th 2013, 8:00 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
BleedingRose
VIP Member
BleedingRose

Donor/$upporter : My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED Th_banner
Aries
Comments : I'm married and have 2 grown kids. I enjoy creating Sims and playing the game. Thank you C style for letting me share my Sims here and for being a wonderful friends to me!

PostSubject: Re: My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED   My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED I_icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2013, 9:33 am

Hi! love your sim and enjoyed your story too! I have alot of CC as well and sometimes I don't know who made it and where did I get it from so for C style I just go find the CC I want to use on my sims at TSR or my sims 3 blogs and just download one of each for every day outfit, formal and sleep wear only. There I can bookmarked the creators links so I can go back there later to get there links. I want to use more EA base game clothes too cause that is much easy to upload my sims here. Hope this helps. xoxoxo
Love067 Love067 Love067 Love067 Love067 Love067 Love067
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Top Poster : My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED Topposter
Featured Artist : My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED Badge-1-1
Tech Support : My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED Os51eg
Leo

PostSubject: Re: My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED   My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED I_icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2013, 5:10 pm

I think you made a lovely sim!! She looks gorgeous!! hiho Love067

About the CC, I do have a lot of CC in my game as well, but I try to really restrict myself to using CC created by only a few "selected creators" (by me). This makes things easier to ID the CC I've used and to look for links and stuff.
I don't use that much different makeup CC on my sims, I used to have loads in my game as well, but at some point I released I only used quite a limited number, so now I don't have that much makeup CC in my game anymore, which also helps in finding the CC I've used on my sim Big smile
Back to top Go down
CuriousKitty
CuriousKitty

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED   My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED I_icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2013, 6:30 pm

I think I probably will slim down my cc and start using specific artists. I tend to make sims and populate the town I'm playing in then go and play with my legacy so I know I use quite a bit of it but it probably is a better idea if I slim down my collection, haha!

Thanks folks [=
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Featured Artist : My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED Badge-1-1
Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED   My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED I_icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2013, 9:43 pm

I can give no advice on how to slim down, delete or sort your cc...I'm a cc'aholic! shame Although I have seriously slowed down on what I download...I know I could trim it a bit more. I've been doing this bit by bit with just recently cleaning out some of my skins and before that I cleaned out hairs and some serious amounts of clutter!

I'm glad you mentioned Bleeding Rose and that you used her Sim as a base, that is very very thoughtful. notlistening You maybe, in the future, might want to ask the original creator if it's okay especially if you decide to upload or share that creation. Bop

It seems that BleedingRose is okay with it!! hiho
Back to top Go down
CuriousKitty
CuriousKitty

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED   My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED I_icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2013, 6:38 am

I pm'd her before posting my sim ;)
Back to top Go down
CuriousKitty
CuriousKitty

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED   My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED I_icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2013, 7:41 am

Changed her up some more and added a few things to the post! ^^

Thanks for the positive comments so far, everyone! It makes me feel good that i'm decent at this, haha.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy-Genius
Graphic Designer
Sleepy-Genius

Pisces
Comments : Sometimes you need help to get out of that cement of shyness. That is why God made jackhammers!! *drills*

PostSubject: Re: My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED   My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED I_icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2013, 10:47 am

She is a beautiful sim! hiho

I have lots of folders in my Packages folder. If the creator has a lot of downloads, I usually make a separate folder just for their content. My CC is not as high as I would like it to be. Sad...
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED   My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED I_icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2013, 2:00 pm

It's nice to see how you worked with Marjorie - she looks great in this incarnation as well!! I like how you dressed her, and her new hair/eye color is pretty. You did an awesome job.

Robin, whaddaya' mean your CC is not as high as you'd like it to be? Hahah. I'm always fighting a battle between wanting to download stuff and trying to optimize performance. I tend to err on the side of overly cautious, so please keep that in mind when reading any of my rants. I'm an organizational freak. X___X

Eva gave some good tips about how to trim down your collection. It depends what kind of game you want to play - for instance I don't have much Build/Buy CC installed, except for some default replacements (wood textures) and fixes. This is because I know I like CAS stuff more. Some players are the opposite, and have more CC oriented towards building. Some players have a balance of both. Keeping favorite/select creators, like Eva noted, is also a good way to curb downloading *everything*.

If you're cutting down for organization's sake, then, try to figure out if there's anything you just downloaded but never use. If you have two items that are really similar, pick the one you like more to keep in your game.

If you're trying to minimize CC because your game is slow, after you've ruled out things like corrupt content, consider how much high polycount stuff you use. If you mostly use the game for taking pictures, it's not *as* big of a deal to worry about high-poly items.

But if you have a running save, where you play multiple families, and they all use a considerable amount of CC, you might want to keep tabs on it. Cutting back can make a difference, in this case. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sleepy-Genius
Graphic Designer
Sleepy-Genius

Pisces
Comments : Sometimes you need help to get out of that cement of shyness. That is why God made jackhammers!! *drills*

PostSubject: Re: My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED   My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED I_icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2013, 2:11 pm

Ameenah wrote:
Robin, whaddaya' mean your CC is not as high as you'd like it to be? Hahah. I'm always fighting a battle between wanting to download stuff and trying to optimize performance. I tend to err on the side of overly cautious, so please keep that in mind when reading any of my rants. I'm an organizational freak. X___X

I remember you saying that. I meant that I would like to have more CC in my game, but it is slow enough as it is. I know that I am going to not have nothing > very less in my game for University.

Oh yeah! I've been waiting to talk to you! I have great news!! I'll PM you.
Back to top Go down
CuriousKitty
CuriousKitty

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED   My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED I_icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2013, 7:07 pm

My game isn't slow by any means (custom built gaming rig here ^^.) The only issue is being able to keep track of the artists for when I want to upload a sim somewhere, haha!

Maybe I'll do the folder thing that Sleepy does. I have trimmed ti down quite a bit but I still don't feel satisfied for when I do go and create sims.

What I tend to do with my games is, open a new world and populate it with sims I make and then start focusing on one family. So I like a lot of cc so I don't see multiple sims wearing the same outfits, hehe.

BUT then that leads to the problem stated earlier. Keeping track becomes chaotic, haha.
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED   My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED I_icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2013, 9:12 pm

I know what you mean about the outfits and hair! I associate certain outfits/hair with certain sims, and I don't like other sims wearing the same things. X__X I like worlds to be filled with entirely custom sims as well - the townies freak me out, so trust me, I understand where you are coming from.

Yes, folders are important! I wouldn't keep too many sub-folder folders in your actual packages folder though, but instead have sub-folders in the back-up directory where you keep your unmerged files.

Wherever you store your unmerged content, make sure to keep a thumbnail/screenshot of *everything* you download. I went crazy and made sure every piece of CC in my game had correct custom thumbnails, and I use TSR Merlin to view packages and it displays the thumbnail image, so I don't have separate images. But if you don't feel like doing this/hate custom thumbnails in the game, keeping images in your unmerged folder makes things much easier, like this:
http://ohmysims.tumblr.com/post/24336581511

I think one of the most annoying things to identify is make-up CC, especially eyebrows, and I have waaay too many. In addition to thumbnails, I keep all of my CC in package form and correctly name the CASP resource with S3PE. Most of the time the CASP resource has a random string of numbers for a name, I'll make sure to name it something like, "Escand_Contacts_OhMyEyes." I've done this for every single piece of make-up (and other CC) I have in the game. When I export a sim in CAS, I take the sims3pack, convert it to a package file with multi-extractor, open the package in S3PE, the CC used on the sim is listed as several CASP ids. These should match the IDs of the content you have. If you have correctly named all of your files, you'll get a nice list of the CC you have on that sim.

Evater first gave me the tip of converting the .sims3pack to a package. However, when I initially tried it, like I said earlier, most CC creators don't label the CASP resource with their name and leave the random string of numbers. Renaming everything was really annoying when I first went through my CC because I had to do it all at once, but now I just do it whenever I download a new item, it's become a habit. Smile

I also rename the actual files too, because every creator has their own way of naming their content, and I like things to be uniform. X___X

For make-up, I use this format Type_Creator_CreationName_Gender(if applicable), so "Brows_MissDaydreams_April_f" - it keeps everything grouped by Type+Creator, so I can quickly see how many blushes/lipsticks/etc.
My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED Ex10
Back to top Go down
navetsea
navetsea

Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED   My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED I_icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2013, 12:51 am

pretty sim, and great BG story too, I wish they turn into good looking vampires Razz
about sliders, I know it might be against some modder's tos, but I pack all sliders I currently use and give a link to it everytime I upload sim.
Back to top Go down
CuriousKitty
CuriousKitty

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED   My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED I_icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2013, 4:36 am

I decided to reinstall since I have all the cc links here for Cassie and because I did something that screwed up my game and was making it run very, very slow. I'm not too concerned about having to do everything over and am actually quite happy. I think this time around I'm going to do what you linked, Ameenah, and seperate my CC by artists. Thanks for that great link on how to organize! ^^

And thank you Navetsea! I think I'll pack my sliders too. I know they're small but I like to be extremely organized because of my OCD! ^_^

I really do need to get onto writing a story. I had been at the point where her and her husband had 5 girls (she gave birth to triplets!!!) and 1 boy! And the husband was a vampire finally but then the pair ended up divorcing because he was having an affair with the maid! Oh, it's quite a story and I should probably start writing it, haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED   My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Sim - Help and Critiques - UPDATED

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Creative Corner :: General Creativity-
Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com