Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

New Way To Advertise Your Sims 3 Creations

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
annieover
VIP Member
annieover

Sagittarius

New Way To Advertise Your Sims 3 Creations Vide
PostSubject: New Way To Advertise Your Sims 3 Creations   New Way To Advertise Your Sims 3 Creations I_icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2013, 4:54 pm

So this is just in the very first stage of being developed however I just had a massive idea.

I just learned how to create custom Sims 3 Billboards; now you can put your creations, and custom advertisements on Sims 3 billboards! I also learned how to create custom Sims 3 Street Banners as well.

Now for the idea:
Would it not be a brilliant way to advertise yourself and your creations to thousands of people every day?
Place your custom Sims 3 billboards in Sims 3 worlds!!!

Like MySimRealty worlds, RFLongs worlds, my worlds, Great Bear worlds, and so many others?!?

I am going to email a ton of world creators and see what they think :D What do you gals and guys think?
Back to top Go down
EvaTer
Administrator Assistant
Administrator Assistant
EvaTer

Top Poster : New Way To Advertise Your Sims 3 Creations Topposter
Featured Artist : New Way To Advertise Your Sims 3 Creations Badge-1-1
Tech Support : New Way To Advertise Your Sims 3 Creations Os51eg
Leo

PostSubject: Re: New Way To Advertise Your Sims 3 Creations   New Way To Advertise Your Sims 3 Creations I_icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2013, 5:05 pm

COOOLLL idea!! ponder cheers dancing Keep us informed about how the world creators respond to your idea, okay ??
Back to top Go down
annieover
VIP Member
annieover

Sagittarius

PostSubject: Re: New Way To Advertise Your Sims 3 Creations   New Way To Advertise Your Sims 3 Creations I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2013, 7:27 am

Thank you EvaTer :D

MySimsRealty does not use any CC however it is not really CC because it just changes the picture on the original billboard Sad... oh well

Keep going I guess; here is a photo:
New Way To Advertise Your Sims 3 Creations Forforum-1_zps6dc5886c
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: New Way To Advertise Your Sims 3 Creations   New Way To Advertise Your Sims 3 Creations I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2013, 10:44 am

I'm going to be very honest here, and I really apologize if I come off as a downer.

While that's an interesting idea, I don't think any world creators are going to pick up on it for several reasons - the number one reason being the worlds they share are generally the result of months (sometimes more) of their own work, if anything, if they had custom images on their billboards, I'd imagine they'd want to design them themselves (like Neuroticbiotic created custom images for the stadium/theater/etc in Eltham's Drift and Glendalough).

Some creators avoid CC, and many avoid stuff like English in their games - players are the same way, particularly when it comes to custom worlds more than anything else.

I noticed a general CC-Phobia from a lot of players on the officials, even though this kind of "CC" is actually just a custom resource and technically doesn't even require them to download a separate object/package and can be included directly in the world file. :\

Another drawback is that the world file would have to be updated to update the image - or if it's included externally, CC package re-downloaded, so an advertisement would literally be almost permanent. This makes it a bit less versatile. Worlds for the most part are not created with the same frequency as sims, lots, or CAS parts.

There's often a certain aesthetic or theme creators are trying to capture with their world, and details like this are a part of that aesthetic. As for the popular builders on the officials, I sadly don't think that Johnnywr (created Great Bear), RFLong, or honestly most of them would be on board with this idea. These creators are generally EA-match. You might have more luck approaching some different people. And it's definitely something interesting you can add to your own worlds, of course. Smile
Back to top Go down
annieover
VIP Member
annieover

Sagittarius

PostSubject: Re: New Way To Advertise Your Sims 3 Creations   New Way To Advertise Your Sims 3 Creations I_icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2013, 8:45 am

My apologies for not responding, however I have been so busy creating custom billboards for Sims 3 creators. The response has been phenomenal, and a few world creators are already on board.

I see your point however not every Sims 3 world creator including myself is restrictive. Plus this is a way to help my fellow Sims 3 creators advertise their amazing creations. :D
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: New Way To Advertise Your Sims 3 Creations   New Way To Advertise Your Sims 3 Creations I_icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2013, 10:04 am

Well, then, that's fantastic! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Way To Advertise Your Sims 3 Creations   New Way To Advertise Your Sims 3 Creations I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Way To Advertise Your Sims 3 Creations

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Discussions :: Sims General Discussion-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com