Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

**POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Would You Like For Ameenah To Keep Information And HQ Mod Posted Here On Cstyles As Well ?
1: Yes, I see no problem with having several choices. I say, leave it here.
**POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_vote_lcap89%**POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 89% [ 204 ]
2: I really don't see the point in having several of the same mod located at several locations.
**POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_vote_lcap4%**POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 9 ]
3: I think Ameenah should keep the mod off Cstyles and let aWT handle it from now on.
**POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_vote_lcap2%**POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 4 ]
4: I think it should stay here, but at least post a link to aWT's blog and give details
**POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_vote_lcap5%**POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 230

AuthorMessage
Ameenah
VIP Member

**POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2013, 8:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

HQMOD
So, it seems fairly silly to update this as S-Club has also started sharing the HQ mod in file version: http://sclub.mktm.co.uk/en/2013/01/ts3-hqmod/ . Patches 1.32-1.50 are supported, so if you can't get S3HQ to work, you can simply download the file from S-Club! Smile

Last edited by Ameenah on March 16th 2013, 1:10 am; edited 27 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
KosmoKhaos

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2013, 5:18 pm

Ameenah wrote:
Hahah. You guys are awesome. I just obsess over tiny details of the game a lot. :p

I think if you hugged my brain right now you would be mobbed by a million thoughts about ice cream and cake. *looks around*

Mmmm cake and ice cream Devil yes
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2013, 5:39 pm

FunnyFlower wrote:
No, I've never used an HQ mod before but I do have other mods in my game but they are ones like pose player (and the list won't work now either for some reason...) NRaas's animator, MTS animator, Pose player add on, etc...things like that.
I did use a game I had before HQ mod...I'll try a new one.
I cleared game cache too.
Also which version should I use? I downloaded 3584x3584

If your Pose Player list is not working, that makes me have a feeling you've got a conflict somewhere in your game. If you are using the Pose Player Add-On, it will always required the Pose Player, so make sure you have both files in your game whenever you use it. Also, make sure you have the latest version of the Pose Player Add-On - double check that you have this version.

What is "MTS Animator"? I'm unsure what that is. Double check that your other NRAAS Mods are updated for your current patch level.

You can use whichever version you like, but if your computer specs are lower, you might want to opt for a lower resolution.
Back to top Go down
FunnyFlower

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2013, 7:01 pm

Ameenah wrote:
FunnyFlower wrote:
No, I've never used an HQ mod before but I do have other mods in my game but they are ones like pose player (and the list won't work now either for some reason...) NRaas's animator, MTS animator, Pose player add on, etc...things like that.
I did use a game I had before HQ mod...I'll try a new one.
I cleared game cache too.
Also which version should I use? I downloaded 3584x3584

If your Pose Player list is not working, that makes me have a feeling you've got a conflict somewhere in your game. If you are using the Pose Player Add-On, it will always required the Pose Player, so make sure you have both files in your game whenever you use it. Also, make sure you have the latest version of the Pose Player Add-On - double check that you have this version.

What is "MTS Animator"? I'm unsure what that is. Double check that your other NRAAS Mods are updated for your current patch level.

You can use whichever version you like, but if your computer specs are lower, you might want to opt for a lower resolution.

yeah I have both the add on and pose player, but I'll check and see if its up to date.
and lol I meant Mod the Sims's Animation Player by cmomoney

(would a pose that's not up to date make everything act weird?)
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2013, 10:16 pm

An actual 'pose' itself shouldn't have any affect on your game play. I'm just curious...so you have the Nrass animator...cmoney pose player and the pose add on?
Back to top Go down
FunnyFlower

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2013, 11:29 pm

cecesaun1 wrote:
An actual 'pose' itself shouldn't have any affect on your game play. I'm just curious...so you have the Nrass animator...cmoney pose player and the pose add on?

Yes but I removed Nrass's animator so now I only have the pose player and add on (I think what was wrong with the pose player list was maybe the add on, I just updated it and it works now.) I also updated my NRaas mods, so I'm gonna see if HQ mod works now.
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2013, 8:31 am

FunnyFlower wrote:
I also updated my NRaas mods, so I'm gonna see if HQ mod works now.

If you played for any length of time with outdated mods, that's most likely what caused the crashing.

You should make sure to always always always update your mods after patching. If you saved at all during this time period, I would revert to a back-up.

I will keep my fingers crossed that everything works this time.
Back to top Go down
FunnyFlower

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2013, 9:46 pm

Ameenah wrote:
FunnyFlower wrote:
I also updated my NRaas mods, so I'm gonna see if HQ mod works now.

If you played for any length of time with outdated mods, that's most likely what caused the crashing.

You should make sure to always always always update your mods after patching. If you saved at all during this time period, I would revert to a back-up.

I will keep my fingers crossed that everything works this time.

Sad045 It still won't work.
I don't know what else to do, I've tried all I can think of. badputer
I have no idea what the age was of the oldest computer it worked on but mine is 3 years old and it's a desktop. no idea if that helps.
Maybe you could give me a checklist of all the things I should do to get it to work? brick I already followed the one by Sims Addict.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2013, 3:02 am

I had a conflict with the add on and the pose player so those could be causing some trouble. Check for any new updates on both of those items. Also, give details of where you place your mods within your game. And if you can list them altogether...list all of your mods/hacks so we can see if we can spot any conflict. I bet it's something very simple that is just being possibly overlooked. We will figure this out! ;)

Otherwise...your game works fine minus all mods/hacks?
Back to top Go down
FunnyFlower

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2013, 7:48 pm

cecesaun1 wrote:
I had a conflict with the add on and the pose player so those could be causing some trouble. Check for any new updates on both of those items. Also, give details of where you place your mods within your game. And if you can list them altogether...list all of your mods/hacks so we can see if we can spot any conflict. I bet it's something very simple that is just being possibly overlooked. We will figure this out! ;)

Otherwise...your game works fine minus all mods/hacks?

I've tried it without the pose player and add on and they are up to date also and so are my mods.
yeah my game works fine with/without mods.

These are what I have:
Pose Player
Add On
NRaas Animator
I have the Grow mod(and all of the mods in it. (Height slider by Bloom, ConsortModGrowBirthdayCakeMod, ConsortModGrowMod, ConsortModGrowTuningMod,) found at MTS, Buhudain's Invisible Lights, cmar's Pregnancy Controller, cmar's Outfit Changer, Gardener_service_NPC_v1.6, Jynx's rabbit holes, NRaas no CD.
any of these the problem? Sad...
Would it be no CD? or maybe Jynx's RH? or perhaps Grow mod (I wanted to remove that one but since it's tied to one of my games, I wasn't sure if it would mess it up.)
Back to top Go down
Nephilim
Nephilim

Pisces
Comments : I also go by bringmevictory or Raine.

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2013, 11:36 pm

I doubt it's the no CD mod. The only way to really narrow it down would be to remove one, delete cache files, load your game and continue the process until you find the conflict mod.

I have updated to 1.50, I have the pose player and the No CD mod and they give me no conflicts.

Hopefully you get this working :o
Back to top Go down
FunnyFlower
FunnyFlower

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2013, 9:00 pm

Quick question.
Do you need to update the mods No intro and No Build Sparkles?
Back to top Go down
FunnyFlower
FunnyFlower

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2013, 10:21 pm

Nephilim wrote:
I doubt it's the no CD mod. The only way to really narrow it down would be to remove one, delete cache files, load your game and continue the process until you find the conflict mod.

I have updated to 1.50, I have the pose player and the No CD mod and they give me no conflicts.

Okay I think its safe to say that this HQ mod seriously hates me. I've taken “every” mod out of my game and still won't work. I've cleared the cache numerous times and still won't work. I've tried every version of the HQ mod with the correct settings on Very High and it still won't work. It won't even load past the world loader! It works fine and dandy till I put the HQ mod in my Game then. Nothing. witsend
I've tried it without Nraas's No CD. No Animator. No Pose Player or Add On. No Sliders.
No Overrides!
I don't understand! Smiley-angry 2
It completely ceases to even be remotely useful if I have to remove my entire Mods folder!
There has to be something that's wrong.
Back to top Go down
FunnyFlower
FunnyFlower

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2013, 10:45 pm

FunnyFlower wrote:
Nephilim wrote:

Okay I think its safe to say that this HQ mod seriously hates me. I've taken “every” mod out of my game and still won't work. I've cleared the cache numerous times and still won't work. I've tried every version of the HQ mod with the correct settings on Very High and it still won't work. It won't even load past the world loader! It works fine and dandy till I put the HQ mod in my Game then. Nothing. witsend
I've tried it without Nraas's No CD. No Animator. No Pose Player or Add On. No Sliders.
No Overrides!
I don't understand! Smiley-angry 2
It completely ceases to even be remotely useful if I have to remove my entire Mods folder!
There has to be something that's wrong.

Okay now I know somethings wrong. I removed all of my CC and it still won't work.
I have no idea, are you sure it's not the HQ mod...???
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2013, 9:00 am

The no intro version needs to be updated for patch 1.50 if you want to remove the Maxis logo at the beginning, otherwise, it's safe to keep in if you don't mind having one logo on the screen. The MTS version is outdated, but an updated version can be found: http://ellacharmed.wordpress.com/2013/02/20/no-intro-mod-for-patch-1-50/

I don't think I actually asked you this, but *where* are you putting the GraphicsRules.sgr file. You're not putting it in your Mods/Packages folder are you? Because it definitely doesn't belong there. It belongs in your install Game/Bin directory - as it replaces a file already existing in the game.

**POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 Screen11

All the HQ mod is is a minor change of a few numbers in a file. Literally maybe three lines. It does nothing else but alter the max resolution allowed by the game for sim's textures. However, if your computer is older, your card is older, etc - there's a large chance that you may not be able to use a HQ mod at all. That, or your game will take significantly longer to load when it is "enabled."

Have you tried using aWT'S s3HQ application or his replacement file? He's offering the same file as this one on S-Club, it just doesn't have LOD 1 or CAS altered.
Back to top Go down
FunnyFlower
FunnyFlower

Gemini

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2013, 5:15 pm

Ameenah wrote:
The no intro version needs to be updated for patch 1.50 if you want to remove the Maxis logo at the beginning, otherwise, it's safe to keep in if you don't mind having one logo on the screen. The MTS version is outdated, but an updated version can be found: http://ellacharmed.wordpress.com/2013/02/20/no-intro-mod-for-patch-1-50/

I don't think I actually asked you this, but *where* are you putting the GraphicsRules.sgr file. You're not putting it in your Mods/Packages folder are you? Because it definitely doesn't belong there. It belongs in your install Game/Bin directory - as it replaces a file already existing in the game.

**POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 Screen11

All the HQ mod is is a minor change of a few numbers in a file. Literally maybe three lines. It does nothing else but alter the max resolution allowed by the game for sim's textures. However, if your computer is older, your card is older, etc - there's a large chance that you may not be able to use a HQ mod at all. That, or your game will take significantly longer to load when it is "enabled."

Have you tried using aWT'S s3HQ application or his replacement file? He's offering the same file as this one on S-Club, it just doesn't have LOD 1 or CAS altered.

Yeah I have been putting the HQ mod into the game/bin and replacing the one there. And I backed the other “mine” up to.

Okay I downloaded the maxis logo skip thing.

And

My PC is an HP that’s three years old, the graphic card is the default one that came with it.

Also

Yes I did look at aWT's HQ mod but it looks a little daunting when trying to download/install/understand... heh heh. Suspect shame

also on an off note: this emote cracks me up! fighting2
Back to top Go down
coldhands
coldhands

Aries

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2013, 8:05 pm

I sadly can't get this HQ mod to work for me.
My settings aren't at their highest (textures are at medium and sim detail is at high) but I've used Dachs' HQ mod since Seasons and it worked fantastically for me, the textures looked flawless and it didn't slow down my game or anything even though my graphics card isn't that good. However, since I had to update for University Life and Dachs' HQ mod isn't shared any more, I was glad to have found this one and I put it in my game right away, but sadly it was as if I hadn't put anything in. I tried more of its versions but still, nothing's changed, all the textures remained blurry as if I am not using any HQ mod. Do you have any idea what might be the problem?
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2013, 8:23 pm

There's been a problem with certain users games visually since the 1.50 patch. For me, HQ mod seems to correct that, but despite having a good graphics card capable of maxing out the game, the "Very High" setting now looks much more like the "High" setting. I didn't realize this at first, because I had only gone in game to snap a few photos with HQ mod in. However, other simmers have reported a decrease in quality in their graphics, HQ mod or not. Some have noticed no difference (there game still looks good), but it varies from user to user. 1.50 corrected the dark skin overlay, but it also appears to have degraded texture quality for *some* users (I suppose it depends on your individual card and drivers) not just in sim textures, but in tree/environmental textures.

Here are a couple of examples of that happening:
http://beaverhausenx.tumblr.com/post/44330598863/so-one-last-bitching-post-i-promise-those-trees
http://beaverhausenx.tumblr.com/post/44152092625/any-ideas-as-to-why-my-sims-look-so-different-in
http://joliesims.tumblr.com/post/44042950676/much-as-1-50-fixed-a-lot-of-my-issues-it
http://nocchy.tumblr.com/post/43961518935/aha-so-it-definitely-was-due-to-the-1-50-patch

I suspect it could be tied to this issue.

Some players have used this fix to correct the problem, it may or may not be helpful:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Getting_new_graphics_cards_recognized_by_the_game

As for the mod itself, this, Dach's, aWT's file version (S-Club also shares a file in addition to the tool previously released) all do the exact same thing - they change a few numbers in the "GraphicsRules.Sgr" file. If you played your game on medium settings, technically Dach's mod should not have altered anything because it only edits the numbers for 'High" and "Very High" for LOD 0 and LOD 1- aWT's edits the numbers only for "Very High" and only LOD 0.

So sorry you've been having trouble! Sad...
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Top Poster : **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 Topposter
Featured Artist : **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 Badge-1-1
Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2013, 11:41 pm

Omg I've had the same problems as the dark spots in some of my female Sims eyes! I thought it was just me. Must be the 'fix' they added for the cross-eyed females.

And on the 3rd link....whose hair is that that her model is wearing and where can I get it...it's gorgeous!

I don't use the mod to enhance my graphics and my graphics are pretty much set the same way as the examples in version 2. I do feel that my CAS pics are WAY better than my in game pics now...so I can verify that it may more than likely not be the mod, but whatever Ea did to change the skin tone for darker Sims. I remember when it was the other way around, CAS looked crappy and the in game Sims looked awesome!!

Overall...I think my game looks 'drier' than it use to. I can't see the tree detail like I could before...it's now blurry and dull looking...but that could also be my computer. But I didn't notice this significant change until recently.
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2013, 12:50 am

Actually, the cross-eyed fix is a mod by Buhudain (Wish EA would fix it!) - so I'm not sure what EA did to cause the dark spots on the eyes. Pets eyes have the same problem unless you use a mod to correct it, actually - I don't believe EA ever officially fixed that either. X___X

The hair is here! :D http://bringmevictorysims.blogspot.com/2013/03/for-mae-skysims-087-and-089-retextured.html

I wish they would also fix the issue with certain speculars becoming insaaanely shiny in CAS, it's not as big of a deal as it was, but darker hair colors can look really strange.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2013, 1:43 am

Thanks Ameenah!! I've seen that hair before and forgot to ask about it until I spotted it now! Ok :doh:*new* on me, why did I think Ea would take the time to fix something like that?! If it's a Pet's thing...I don't have Pet's. And it's funny because it's just one eye! I couldn't fix it even after changing her eyes so I trashed her! I know...I'm just cruel...but I seriously just lost patience with it.
Back to top Go down
wallflowersims
wallflowersims

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2013, 5:22 am

Hihi~ I'm having trouble getting the HQ mod to work.

I tried the two lowest resolutions you posted and neither one would work. Yes I only used one at a time and hit Replace when the prompt came up. I'm on the 1.50 patch.

**POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 Tumblr_mjndsibKUZ1qf9felo1_1280

Before switching the graphics rule file.

**POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 Tumblr_mjndsibKUZ1qf9felo2_1280

After switching the graphics rule file to the HQ one.

I don't see a difference >:
Sim detail is very high, texture detail high, advanced rendering is enabled.

Do you have any ideas or suggestions? ♥
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2013, 8:53 am

After you replaced the original file with the HQ file, did you also clear your caches (by deleting them - the game will regenerate these when you reload)?:

CASPartCache.package
scriptCache.package
simCompositorCache.package

I edited the first post to remove the extra versions - so I would redownload and try again.

Back to top Go down
BritneyReynolds
BritneyReynolds

Cancer
Comments : Everyone has an expiry date.

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2013, 12:55 pm

Last week I updated my game from 1.47 to 1.50. Afterwards I came here and downloaded the updated Graphics Rule, replacing Dach's version. Upon loading up my game I noticed a dramatic loss in texture detail... things such as the 3d eyelashes were blurry and everything was just noticeably decreased in quality. Weird thing is though, in CAS it looked perfectly fine, so the HQ mod works, just not out of CAS.

I couldn't get used to the decrease in quality so I spent hours uninstalling my game, and then reinstalling upto patch 1.47, back to using Dach's HQ Mod.. which works perfectly.

However recently my friends have sent me their Sims for in-game photos.. and because they've all updated, some of them won't appear in my game, so I feel pressured into trying to update again. I was just wondering, are their steps I can take to prevent my graphics from turning into dog poop again? I don't understand why this one won't work for me, when Dach's did... all I can think is that the problem lies with the patch ._.
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2013, 1:43 pm

Sims made with Patch 1.50 should work just fine in a 1.47/1.48 game - unless, of course, you are playing a plant sim. But, of course, that's besides the point - you should be able to patch up-to-date and get the graphics you want! :\

I've seen a LOT of complaints about graphics after patching to 1.50, complaints about the base game, without any HQ modification whatsoever. EA fixed the dark skin overlay issue, but they also seemed to have messed up another aspect of rendering sim textures. Without a modded graphics file, with all my settings maxed out, my game does not look the same now as it did prior to patch 1.50. With a modded graphics file, it looks better, but I don't have a direct comparison of the same image with 1.48 HQ and 1.50 HQ.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help, but I'm pretty sure the quality decrease is due to the patch, because it is present without a modded file. Dachs "version", aWTs, and this all change the same thing - they are not made in a different way. I'll log onto my gaming computer in a bit and double check the vanilla/modded file.

Just for reference, are you using an NVidia card or an ATI card?
Back to top Go down
BritneyReynolds
BritneyReynolds

Cancer
Comments : Everyone has an expiry date.

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2013, 1:56 pm

That's what I thought, because usually I convert peoples' Sims from Sims3Packs into Package files which allows them to show up correctly in-game with all of their included CC. But this time around they just aren't showing up in my sim bin, or in the library. I've even tried their .sim files, so my only conclusion is that it's due to them having updated.

Ah okay, I've noticed all of the complaints too.. Seems alot of people are suffering the same problem as myself, and there doesn't seem to be a fix so I guess all we can really do is keep our fingers crossed and hope that EA remedy this in their next update... which they probably won't because you know, It's EA, and they seem to like giving us a headache.

I'm using an ATi card. Smile xo

Back to top Go down
dachshundsr4me
dachshundsr4me

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2013, 5:37 pm

To be honest my mod that i make myself...sorry Ameenah i make my own still for me and Mamx to use...is working fine....no problems with issues on anything blurry or anything...and no yours isn't exactly like my new one that i use now...i have tweaked that file...and yeah sorry i wont share it with anyone other then Mamx and myself...
Back to top Go down
wallflowersims
wallflowersims

Taurus

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2013, 5:43 pm

Ameenah wrote:
After you replaced the original file with the HQ file, did you also clear your caches (by deleting them - the game will regenerate these when you reload)?:

CASPartCache.package
scriptCache.package
simCompositorCache.package

I edited the first post to remove the extra versions - so I would redownload and try again.

Mhm! I use Delphy's Sims 3 Dashboard to clear my caches. If anything I'll just wait for a new patch, which I hope it comes soon since there's so many uni bugs, and try again. Thank you for your reply. ♥
Back to top Go down
KosmoKhaos
KosmoKhaos

Virgo
Comments : ♥️Look into my eyes♥️
♥️Its where my demons hide♥️
♥️It's where my demons hide♥️

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2013, 6:02 pm

Ameenah wrote:
Sims made with Patch 1.50 should work just fine in a 1.47/1.48 game - unless, of course, you are playing a plant sim. But, of course, that's besides the point - you should be able to patch up-to-date and get the graphics you want! :\

I've seen a LOT of complaints about graphics after patching to 1.50, complaints about the base game, without any HQ modification whatsoever. EA fixed the dark skin overlay issue, but they also seemed to have messed up another aspect of rendering sim textures. Without a modded graphics file, with all my settings maxed out, my game does not look the same now as it did prior to patch 1.50. With a modded graphics file, it looks better, but I don't have a direct comparison of the same image with 1.48 HQ and 1.50 HQ.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help, but I'm pretty sure the quality decrease is due to the patch, because it is present without a modded file. Dachs "version", aWTs, and this all change the same thing - they are not made in a different way. I'll log onto my gaming computer in a bit and double check the vanilla/modded file.

Just for reference, are you using an NVidia card or an ATI card?

dachshundsr4me wrote:
To be honest my mod that i make myself...sorry Ameenah i make my own still for me and Mamx to use...is working fine....no problems with issues on anything blurry or anything...and no yours isn't exactly like my new one that i use now...i have tweaked that file...and yeah sorry i wont share it with anyone other then Mamx and myself...

I've had absolutely no problems and the HQ (both Dach's old one or Ameenah's new one) has nothing to with any of the strange blurriness appearing in game recently with the new patch. It is true that while EA fixed the overlay issues with makeup on dark skin, they also made other things render a bit...differently. At first I didn't see a difference but now can see.

These pictures are from 1.50 and you can clearly see that while the makeup is showing beautifully now, the skin has some texturing issues. They look pixelated in some areas... These photos are unedited.
**POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 Tumblr_mir7fcbJEJ1rtb5w1o2_1280**POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 Tumblr_mir7fcbJEJ1rtb5w1o3_1280**POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 Tumblr_mir7fcbJEJ1rtb5w1o6_1280

These are from before 1.50. Probably from 1.42-1.48, also unedited. The skin on these look smoother and more clean cut. i find that the lighting effects on skins with the 1.50 patch makes it look blurrish and pixelated.
**POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 Screen10**POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 Screen11**POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 Screen12

Taking out Ammenah's HQ mod doesn't solve this problem.
Back to top Go down
dachshundsr4me
dachshundsr4me

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2013, 6:16 pm

My new mod i have edited the lighting as well...
Back to top Go down
KosmoKhaos
KosmoKhaos

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2013, 6:23 pm

I wasn't aware that the graphics rule could change the lighting? O.o I just use different lighting mods by various creators but i mean more of the lighting effects caused by buy mode objects like lamps and such.
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2013, 8:50 pm

There are a few lighting things you can edit in the file - but they're very different from the lighting mods that are out (these edit color ramps and override other ini files). Smile

Dachs, that's great that you have tweaked your graphics file for your own use - but that isn't really relevant here. I don't understand why you're posting "I made this but I won't share it." That's not helpful to anyone AT ALL experiencing graphics issues post 1.50, or to the installation of a graphics modification in general.

You shared a mod and pulled it from the community without true explanation while writing a fairly rude post to accompany it - both on Cstyles and your blog, that I very clearly remember, despite it now being deleted.

I simply shared the same thing, identical to what you were editing before patch 1.50 - because that's logically what simmers would search for once they updated and needed to update their mods. Obviously, if you are making new changes, they are now different. But again, how does that help other users? Like Kosmo has pointed out, there are actually some graphical errors that have accompanied patch 1.50 that are basically EA errors independent of mods. These issues vary depending on what graphics card you are using. Unfortunately, it's both newer and high end cards that are primarily impacted (similar to the initial fur rendering issues with the Pets expansion) - so if you're using an older machine, you're actually less likely to run into problems. If your specs are still the same from the last time you shared them, your card is older and unlikely to have as many compatibility issues.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2013, 10:49 pm

I was just reviewing this post and I have to say, I was about to write the very same words that she (Ameenah) wrote. Dach hun, it does no one any good to hear about your new mod if you aren't sharing it. People here are trying to find out what is going on in their game and as mentioned by Brittany, she has came across various post on others having the same issue.

Ameenah is very gifted and extremely talented and well versed in computers...so much so that I don't do much updating or patching until AFTER I have checked her post out to see what is going on with it. She stays very knowledgable of the game, and it's underbelly and I trust her immensely and 100%. I could be wrong, and if I am please, I beg of you, please tell me if I am...but it seems as if you are taunting her and teasing the community with your constant mention of your 'new' mod and your mention several times of 'not sharing it.'

As I mentioned, I don't use this mod, and I am experiencing the same issue, but only after I installed the 1.50 patch. My Sims look GORGEOUS in CAS but horrendous in game. This is an Ea glitch, probably as KK mentioned, they fixed one error and caused another...which isn't uncommon for Ea.

I remember back a way's...when it was the exact opposite and it was CAS that looked crappy and in game shots were great. That is when I posted the revision to posting Sims for download. CAS and in game sims pictures must both be provided, although it be the same Sim...could end up looking totally different in CAS than the in game shots.

I do hope Ea corrects this problem soon along with the other glitches and bugs. Sad...

Now...who wants banana pudding?!!! I do and I am getting ready to eat a great big bowl of it!! drools excited worship
Back to top Go down
dachshundsr4me
dachshundsr4me

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2013, 11:18 pm

not commenting on the fact i may say something not nice...

Last edited by dachshundsr4me on March 15th 2013, 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KosmoKhaos
KosmoKhaos

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2013, 11:36 pm

Lol I don't believe lighting is the problem here. This is just a 1.50 patch glitch that happens to a select few people depending on their specs it seems. It's another one of those things that just can't be fix until EA makes a fix for us. Britney had to completely uninstall back to the previous patch to get her game to work correctly with an HQ mod and I think it has something to do with their fixing of the makeup overlay that clashes with some people's graphics cards.
Back to top Go down
dachshundsr4me
dachshundsr4me

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2013, 11:38 pm

I did have a replacement EA store hair someone retextured turned my sims eyes black as tar...i removed that sucker.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2013, 11:38 pm

It's great that your revised one works well for you and mamx, but the mod isn't the reason why many of us are having graphic issues. I noted, I don't use this mod and noticed right after I updated the difference in my graphics. It's an Ea boo boo. Sad... Something went graphically wrong when they changed the overlay on darker Sims. I LOVE how the darker Sims look, but they still look better in CAS than in the game. I was THRILLED with how they looked in both until the 1.50 patch.

Last edited by cecesaun1 on March 16th 2013, 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : damn typo's! :D)
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2013, 11:40 pm

dachshundsr4me wrote:
I did have a replacement EA store hair someone retextured turned my sims eyes black as tar...i removed that sucker.

This was weird for me, it was one eye, and it was the inner corner of the eye that looked like it had a black smudge on it. I changed eyeballs...no change, but it was only the one Sim...so far...that I've seen this happen to. I hope I didn't just jinx myself!! Shocked pale
Back to top Go down
dachshundsr4me
dachshundsr4me

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2013, 12:11 am

Well EA has always had a way to mess things up...lol
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2013, 1:17 am

I haven't seen the dark spots on the iris/eye white issue in my game, but I also haven't been playing much lately - so it's likely that I may have missed it.
Back to top Go down
dachshundsr4me
dachshundsr4me

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2013, 1:39 am

Ameenah wrote:
HQMOD
So, it seems fairly silly to update this as S-Club has also started sharing the HQ mod in file version: http://sclub.mktm.co.uk/en/2013/01/ts3-hqmod/ . Patches 1.32-1.50 are supported, so if you can't get S3HQ to work, you can simply download the file from S-Club! Smile

AWT is part of SClub so its nice this is now back to the originator who came up with this mod originally...AWT is the master and it should have been made manual by AWT to begin with...I am thrilled SClub is handling this now...
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2013, 2:32 am

dachshundsr4me wrote:
Ameenah wrote:
HQMOD

AWT is part of SClub so its nice this is now back to the originator who came up with this mod originally...AWT is the master and it should have been made manual by AWT to begin with...I am thrilled SClub is handling this now...

Annoyed It's times like this that I just need to step away....
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2013, 2:41 am

Ameenah wrote:
HQMOD

I really wish you had kept this up for the members and guest. It would give them the option to be able to continue to get help and feedback regarding it. Plus...you have done so much hard work on this, making this post helpful and being available to answer all kinds of questions. So I don't think it would have been a problem to still have it located here.
I thank you for all the hard work you put into this Ameenah, as well as Dach for bringing it to us from aWT when he stopped working on it, so it's a shame that it's gone. However...I do know Ameenah felt it was the right thing to list it back directly to aWT due to it being HIS baby in the first place. I also thank him as a creator for even making it possible.
Back to top Go down
Ameenah
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2013, 2:45 am

I apologize Cece - I have the post backed up, as well as the links to the file - and I can replace them. It is all still intact, but I just was not sure of what else to do to appease the situation without leaving others upset.

Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2013, 3:26 am

Ok...I put it in the Cstyles community hands...I've made a poll. Let's see what they, the members, want and need. hiho I think this is more than fair to all. ;)

You will have 7 day's to vote.

Voting ends on March, 22nd,

2013...which will be this coming

Friday @ 8pm EST.

Any questions...just ask!

Place your vote carefully,

you only get

one vote and you have to be

a member to vote.

**The administrator has the right to overrule the final decision at any time. But a viable reason will be given if this has to take place. cheese
Back to top Go down
KosmoKhaos
KosmoKhaos

Virgo

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2013, 4:01 pm

I'd definitely prefer it to stay here. I mean sure S-Club updates it also but they have a habit of not answering the question that people ask when and if something goes wrong with their content. It's rather annoying Razz
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2013, 6:29 pm

Agree!
Back to top Go down
Mura
Mura

Comments : A smile is a curved line that sets things straight.

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2013, 10:49 pm

S-club can be a bit slow to update certain things from time to time, which I would prompt aWT about since we talk to each other occasionally. The various options you offered is also good, especially since some of them alter the graphics in CAS as well, which isn't done by S-club's still, I think.

Having such options can be helpful, and Cstyles is quite active. This means quick help if questions are asked, like Kosmo mentioned. I say keep on doing it, as long as you don't mind (since it didn't bother you to begin with). Of course, it also doesn't hurt to give a link to S-club's.
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2013, 12:12 am

I agree wholeheartedly! Plus, Ameenah's may be different enough, with a few tweaks, to call her own. That is, if she wanted to. It would be really 2 mods with similar abilities to aid in game play. wink
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2013, 10:54 pm

Ok..the poll is over and the majority vote is to keep the mod here on Cstyles!! Thanks to all those that voted!! humana
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod   **POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

**POLL-PLEASE VOTE** HQ Mod

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Custom Content :: Index Of Custom Content :: Mods/Hacks/Updates-
Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com