Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

(NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Top Poster : (NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game? Topposter
Featured Artist : (NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game? Badge-1-1
Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

(NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game? Vide
PostSubject: (NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game?   (NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game? I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2013, 8:51 pm

What is the shortcut .exe that you can use to bypass having to use the actual launcher to go in game? I used it before I had to do a complete uninstalll/reinstall.

I loved that little button... Love067

Last edited by cecesaun1 on April 16th 2013, 11:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra
Comments : adult living in canada

PostSubject: Re: (NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game?   (NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game? I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2013, 10:34 pm

TS3W.EXE ????????
Back to top Go down
Sleepy-Genius
Graphic Designer
Sleepy-Genius

Donor/$upporter : (NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game? Th_banner
Pisces
Comments : Sometimes you need help to get out of that cement of shyness. That is why God made jackhammers!! *drills*

PostSubject: Re: (NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game?   (NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game? I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2013, 2:28 am

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe

If you have ever had your game windowed, and happened to look in Task Manager, you would see in the Processes tab that the Sims 3 game is TS3W.exe.

So just right-click on that, and select "Send To..." > "Create Desktop Shortcut".

I'm sure you knew that already... lol

(NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game? Untitl12

Last edited by Sleepy-Genius on April 16th 2013, 3:02 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Akasha
VIP Member
Akasha

Donor/$upporter : (NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game? Th_banner
Pisces
Comments : No comment....

PostSubject: Re: (NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game?   (NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game? I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2013, 2:33 am

Look in the folder for the latest EP or SP that you have installed. Like I have university and the .exe file for that one is TS3EP09. If you have seasons, it'll be TS3EP08. And so on.
Back to top Go down
Eden777
Eden777

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: (NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game?   (NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game? I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2013, 12:24 pm

Sleepy-Genius wrote:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe

If you have ever had your game windowed, and happened to look in Task Manager, you would see in the Processes tab that the Sims 3 game is TS3W.exe.

So just right-click on that, and select "Send To..." > "Create Desktop Shortcut".
This is what I do.
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

PostSubject: Re: (NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game?   (NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game? I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2013, 2:19 pm

nifty way to do make a quickie shortcut yeahhh
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Featured Artist : (NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game? Badge-1-1
Cancer
Comments : Two dyslexics run into a bank and shout, "air in the hands mother stickers...this is a f**k up!"

**not intended to offend people with this disability...just for kicks and giggles**

PostSubject: Re: (NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game?   (NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game? I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2013, 7:53 pm

Wow...thank you all!! I could not remember what it was it's been so long!! I HATE going through the launcher so this greatly saves me at least a tiny bit of time!! Thanks bunches!! humana
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: (NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game?   (NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game? I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2013, 11:41 pm

Shot! That little booger sent me to the launcher!! Will have to work it out...tomorrow...might as well spend some play time since my game is loading! humana
Back to top Go down
Akasha
VIP Member
Akasha

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: (NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game?   (NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game? I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2013, 1:07 am

You didn't do the one that says launcher in it did you?
Back to top Go down
Eden777
Eden777

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: (NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game?   (NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game? I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2013, 1:29 pm

I have Windows 7 and this is the location for the file on my computer:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3.exe

The file you want to click on is the TS3.exe file.
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

PostSubject: Re: (NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game?   (NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game? I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2013, 2:26 pm

thought u use the exe from the latest expansion or stuff pack? i like to know too for myself thanks
Back to top Go down
Akasha
VIP Member
Akasha

Pisces

PostSubject: Re: (NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game?   (NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game? I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2013, 4:46 pm

mamx wrote:
thought u use the exe from the latest expansion or stuff pack? i like to know too for myself thanks

I use the one for the latest pack, too. University is TS3EP09.exe. I also use Nraa's no cd mod, if that matters.
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra

PostSubject: Re: (NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game?   (NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game? I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2013, 5:21 pm

oh that i gotta try thanks
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: (NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game?   (NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game? I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2013, 5:41 pm

I don't have to use the no cd mod because I put all my games on Origin that I didn't purchase through them, easy way to keep up with all of them minus having to worry about the disk.

I did use the ts3...but it had a 'w' with it, so I suppose I must have placed the wrong one. unknown I don't think it matters which ep or sp you use, I used the base game .exe before and it didn't hinder loading. I just refuse to have to go through that horrible launcher process.

I will try again and look for the ts3.exe minus the 'w'. wink
Back to top Go down
Eden777
Eden777

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: (NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game?   (NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game? I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2013, 5:51 pm

cecesaun1 wrote:
I don't have to use the no cd mod because I put all my games on Origin that I didn't purchase through them, easy way to keep up with all of them minus having to worry about the disk.

I did use the ts3...but it had a 'w' with it, so I suppose I must have placed the wrong one. unknown I don't think it matters which ep or sp you use, I used the base game .exe before and it didn't hinder loading. I just refuse to have to go through that horrible launcher process.

I will try again and look for the ts3.exe minus the 'w'. wink
I have always used the base game TS3.exe file and it always works (I have all EPs except University). You don't want to click on the one with the "w."
Back to top Go down
cecesaun1
Admin
Admin
cecesaun1

Cancer

PostSubject: Re: (NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game?   (NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game? I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2013, 5:53 pm

I knew it didn't look right Eden...why I still attempted it I have no idea! unknown laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game?   (NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(NOT Solved)What .exe do I use to make shortcut to game?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Welcome :: Tech & Game Support-
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com